If whatsapp shows someone as "online"...

If whatsapp shows someone as "online", does that mean they have whatsapp open (and therefore are presumably texting people), or does that mean simply that they are on their phone?

Attached: 1552531450610.png (1200x630, 48K)

It means they have the app open and in use on the phone. But if that person has a WhatsApp computer app and the window open in the background then it would also show that they're online.

If you're worried about someone texting other people i would talk to that person and ask! The unknown can cause insane amounts of greif and stress.

>If you're worried about someone texting other people i would talk to that person and ask! The unknown can cause insane amounts of greif and stress.
fuck off i'm not retarded nor reddit like most people on Jow Forums tend to be

just want to know if when i see someone as online if they're texting other people or not, so they really are. huh that surprises me

so normal people are constantly in text convos, understood

Who is this whole situation about ? They could seriously just the computer app opened in the background.

it's called "i'm an american who moved to europe and never used whatsapp before and don't understand these things"

they don't have whatsapp on the pc, so basically all normies, even quasi-normies or inbetweeners are always socializing via text

Why are you so hostile , brother ? Females aren't worth the suffering.

i'm only hostile to reddit-tier responses like "just talk to them bro lol xd" instead of proper 4chanian responses such as deep rumination

every other fucking person in the world is constantly in social contact

more specifically the ones who like to ghost people shouldn't be seen as people.

this isn't about ghosting or romance it's about trying to understand how the normies work

"online" means the app is open (some normies like to keep 12 apps open at a time when they're not using them because they're retards)

1 checkmark in a DM means unreceived, 2 grey checkmarks means received , 2 blue checkmarks means read.

fucking HELL how can they constantly be talking to people, and who? they are rarely on their phone when i see them in person. how the fuck am i going to figure this out

that part i know, but thanks. they always answer me pretty quickly and never leave me on read

Agreed. Ghosting is probably one of the worst things you can do to someone, its right up there with cheating.

This. Those people are worthless

god damnit guys this literally has nothing to do with ghosting, they reply basically instantly --------------------

it's about how much contact normies have with other normies which is apparently massive

That's just one person potentially talking to at least another person ? I can't see that being massive and why would she even be using Whatsapp expect to talk to people internationally ?

i didn't have any friends or socialization outside of work for like 8 years so i am trying to figure out how the modern world works and therefore am extrapolating from n=1 or perhaps 2 to the entire world

i don't know how often the average person texts. apparently the average person sends/receives 100s of texts per day

this is the new modern world

You’re jumping to conclusions. I got WhatsApp and i know i appear online a lot because i just don’t close it. It’s also a good way to read messages without you getting the *read* notification. So whops, you got nothing.

it's not jumping to conclusions it is a legitimate way to study and come to a philosophically sound worldview

this person is fucking introverted and still logically gets 75+ texts a day, so anyone not doing so need sot end their worthless life sofort

>Online
means they have the app open, does not mean that they are necessarily typing to anyone. They could just be reading texts.

>one tick mark
The message has been sent but not delivered, either because their phone is off, they have no signal or you are blocked

>two tick marks (grey)
message delivered but not read, they can still have read though if their notifications are on as it will show the entire message

>two tick marks (blue) message has been read

Also, you are a retard.

>means they have the app open, does not mean that they are necessarily typing to anyone. They could just be reading texts.
not
how
it works

not how it works

unless you're retarded you read messages instantly

ergo online = texting someone

also you can read messages by reading the preview thing on android, only if you open it in whatsapp do they see a message is read.

how is it i know more about this than you

you can also turn both appearing online and the read-blue mark in the settings.
But then you won't see who is online and you also won't see the read marks

This shows me that you have no friends, I'm in many group chats and I'll finish work and sometimes read through the 300+ messages. or I'll re-read texts from my girlfriend.

Retard.

the preview thing is the notification you ignoramus...

viewing the message on android preview pulldown thing does NOT send a read receipt, only when it is opened within whatsapp

also

>he particiipates in garbage meaningless group chats
top kek

>sometimes read through the 300+ messages
What the fuck, lmao. Pick up a book or something.

The android pulldown thing is the notification, it's not just androids but every phone in existence.

But hey, I'm not the beta cuck crying on a Venetian wine tasting forum because a girl is on-line and not replying to your pathetic message.

thanks for confirming that guy's a retard, based anonbro

>illiterate retard
what shithole country are you from lad

Hey, just a quick thing since you're new to Jow Forums. There's a counter in the bottom corner that shows how many unique posters there are in the threat.

Helps to wait until it increases before you samefag.

She'll message you back soon, basedboi. And by soon I mean in 2 weeks when you keep spamming here

based illiterate retard - read above.

i've never been ghosted

Attached: 1537890489412.jpg (180x55, 3K)

imagine actually wasting your time reading hundreds of messages in group chats lmfao

Attached: 1546787296254.jpg (500x495, 60K)

>unique posters still stuck at 8

Odd, I can see why she's not replying to you.

imagine being such a brainlet subhuman that you

1. can't read
2. can't figure out how Jow Forums works
3. read hundreds of garbage messages from your brainlet friends

yikes, Jow Forums truly is reddit

Take your meds, Jesus Christ

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We're still cruising at a unique poster limit of 8 and OP is still samefagging hard.

We'll keep you updated on whether he'll ever get a reply from the only girl that will talk to him.

Attached: I4IXc.gif (329x294, 1.02M)

>redditors will never figure out how Jow Forums works but thankfully will stay on their containment board of Jow Forums

back to Re*dit retard

imagine reading hundreds of group texts lol

Awww, someone figured out how to turn their WiFi off on their phone. Isn't that cute?

Maybe if you get another phone you can text her from that and get a reply. She'll still think you're creepy though...

>two new ips in 10 seconds is the same person
top kek, when will reddos learn they don't belong here?

if that person has a WhatsApp computer app and the window open in the background then it would also show that they're online

fuck off, really? then I show up as online 24/7, shit. I wish I could turn off that info, for some reason is the only one that sticks