/sig/ - self improvement general

This thread endorses both physical and mental fitness in order to promote healthy living for everyone.

/sig/ Basics:
>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
>Work your way to becoming the best YOU you can be - one step at a time.
>Set realistic Goals and have a Plan. Use short-term Goals to keep yourself going.
>Learn helpful and effective daily/weekly/etc. routines, including mundane ones.
>Have a steady sleeping rhythm - one that works for you, so long as you keep to it. Get 6-11 hours of sleep. More Info: pastebin.com/h4CDDtKu
>Learn Mindfulnes Meditation. More Info: pastebin.com/0NMDEUNh
>Learn to be Brutally Honest with yourself. Stop being a slave to your Ego.
>Focus on the essentials. If you try to do everything at once, you’ll burnout.
>The best exercise regime is entirely up to what your goals are - Explain your goals and ask!

DISCORD: discord.gg/5MmuUDT Everyone is welcome

Resources:
>newarcitea.neocities.org/ - Overall Guide
>thework.com/ - "Simple" Mental Health self-help resource. You get out what you put in.

Books:
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22578279902195591270 - Mortimer J. Adler, Charles Van Doren - How to Read a Book
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01374239493824328035 - Sam Harris - Waking Up
>seinfeld.co/library/meditations.pdf Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf - Henepola Gunaratana - Mindfulness in Plain English
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=93057425205857796418 - Dale Carnegie - How to Win Friends and Influence People

Attached: sigpaste0.jpg (1800x1162, 1.13M)

Attached: sigpaste04.png (1077x1915, 360K)

Attached: sigpaste3.jpg (640x870, 106K)

Overcome yourself.

Attached: sigpaste02.jpg (719x2445, 1.1M)

Take this shit to Jow Forums.

Attached: mental health.jpg (1080x313, 139K)

Sorry buds bud mods are going to delete this thread. They prefer race bait threads, meme threads etc

This isn't only mental health. Good luck trying to get fit without motivation, without good sleep and without knowing what you even want.

>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
What about Hillary and the (((SJWs))), are they responsible for my insufficient masculinity

>Healthy living
>Implying /sig/ isn't about healthy living

Crabs in a bucket.

Who decides if your masculinity is insufficient?

Jordan Peterson tier self-help bullshit and advice on how to read books is not related to physical fitness.
Now fuck off.

so isnt fucking hairloss, fph and other Jow Forums generals, who gives a fuck

I hope you feel better one day user.

Clean your fucking room

Additionally, learn the concept of "nuance". Stop being a bitter autist who only sees in the binary.

>This thread was moved to Jow Forums
LOL
And stay out this time.

Yay my favorite general on Jow Forums.

Well actually this last week has been hell for my anxiety and panic attacks. But today was a good day. I worked all day on a new job and didn't have one panic attack. I woke up at 6:30 I worked from 8-4:30 without any issues. Listened to music and did what I needed to do. Me and my spouse fixed our issues we have been having recently. I took my medication on time, played only an hour of Vidya before getting pretty bored which is awesome compared to how much I was playing. About to meditate and then sleep. Work again tomorrow.
Tomorrows goal is to have another good day and to drink some more water as I only had one litre today. Hope all you guys are improving, one day at a time.

You aren’t responsible for the life you are given, it’s just that most of you have no one but yourself to get out of it. If you want to actually promote health, you better do it from realistic standpoint or else you’ll just end up failing or worse be unhappy even though you did everything the cult leader said. And no one wants that. So go fuck yourself OP

Hell yeah good shit my man

I think the "self-improvement" mantra is one of the driving factors of unhappiness in our time (right after politics).

The reality of the matter is, that if you can't be happy in your daily life NOW, you wont be happy whatever goal you set and accomplish, This is why when people try to find happiness by going abroad, they are still as miserable there as before they left.

I was going to make my own thread but realized i should post on /sig/ as i like the initiative, its a great break from the incel/nazi bait and "MY GF BROKE UP W ME ILL KMS" threads.
Please tell me if this is not the right place for this. Im fucked up but im starting slowly to head into a better dieection, and want to discuss with you guys how to start my climb up as idk where to start.
I wrote it out already but its pretty long, should i post the unfiltered version, or make bullet points? Should i talk about improvements or focus on shat must change?

Bump

I am trying to kick weed from my system because im addicted to it and it costs more than silver.
is there any better way to cope with this shitty addiction?
I'm planning on reducing my smoking down to 1 after 12:00pm every night but I'm not sure if thats the best way since im only doing it because people tell me not to go "cold turkey"

down to 1 bowl
shoulda clarified.

There is no such thing as addiction

Nice thread, free bump for you

Then what is that extremly anxious feeling Im getting when I go long periods without weed?

My boyfriend is packing for college 5 hours away, how can I overcome my emotional dependency and not fall into a complete and utter depression having an empty living space and being so far apart? I have hobbies and a job but it feels like the color and positivity in my life begins and ends with him

That's what i want to hear! Nice man!

Based /SIG/ poster

Fuck all you Jow Forums fags, your board is literally centric to improvement.

It is for sure addictive man, i've seen people overturn couches and tables looking for weed they misplaced. Good on you for making a change. I would try to smoke every other day for a week , and then do it less and less.

Post it all brother, the long version, and at the end of it post where you could see yourself improving !

I'm worthless, there'd be no point of me improving myself,but please prove otherwise.

>What do you want to achieve and why is it important to you?
Fuck, already failed.

Pra quê isso tudo se no final não vai valer de nada? Perca de tempo

Why do images not load on this board?

Serious withdrawal symptoms occur with alcohol and opiates that can kill you but they only last a week or so. That's the only disease in the dsm5 known as drug addiction. Everything else is because of the hole in your life. The normal slow burning high that you get from a healthy life that's what is missing. Go see a doctor and psychologist. The number one treatment for drug addiction is love. Hope that helps. If they fixed me they can fix you.

>believing the DSM when gender dysphoria is no longer classified in it as a disorder