>says she didn’t go to work
>says she has to talk to me about something
>says she fucked up
>says she has to change into something comfortable because it’s gonna be hard
>she understands if I don’t want to be with her anymore
>preparing to hear that she cheated on me
>she tells me she got caught shoplifting at Walmart
>think about it
>realize i’m more upset at the fact that she allowed them to hold her until the cops came
>stupid kids get caught stealing

I really don’t know how to feel about this otherwise. Thoughts?

PS she said she’s done it before, about 3-4 times, for the adrenaline rush.

Attached: image.jpg (770x400, 361K)

You sure she was arrested for shoplifting and just not surprised to see you and made the story up? Get her a good lawyer to get her a plea deal that prevents it from actively staying on her if she goes to therapy and does community service.
Could be worse user. She could have been coming home to have an affair.
Source: ex copfag

Tell her that shoplifting is weak-sauce.

Find some wealthy obnoxious asshole you both hate, and run a scam instead.
It's easy, you're literally just selling someone something that you have no intention of giving them, and packing your bags.
Find or cleverly vacate a building, get some signs and pamphlets (shit, take pamphlets from legit businesses) set up a fake luxury travel agents, post some good reviews for it online and make it clear "it's not for everyone, but if you're the high flying type who values his privacy, or likes to be surrounded with like minded people and you can afford it..." well, you'll just attract every social climbing suck up that has it coming, won't you?

It could be your couples thing.

>ex copfag

People quit cop jobs?

I know, I thought she was gonna say she cheated on me (out sex lode hasn’t been very good, my fault).

He shot too many blacks.

Also, I don’t have money for a “good” lawyer. Won’t she be alright with a public defender? I feel like the fact that she actually stopped and let the damn walmart security guard detain her shows that she was at least semi-remorseful.

Blackmail her for anal sex.

More like fired for not shooting enough

that’s true.

>People quit cop jobs?
When they make way more money, have a better schedule, not have to deal with the scum of society, and get their 218 status, yes.

>Also, I don’t have money for a “good” lawyer. Won’t she be alright with a public defender? I feel like the fact that she actually stopped and let the damn walmart security guard detain her shows that she was at least semi-remorseful.

You might not even financially qualify for a public defender if you make too much.

Some states will make shoplifting anything over $100 a felony. Their logic is if you steal a $100 product that has $10 profit that means the store needs to sell $900 in product to pay for the $100 product that was stolen.

If it's a felony that means she won't be able to vote, lose federal student financial aide, maybe get rejected from certain academic programs (e.g. nursing), lose her job or rejected from certain jobs like banking, nursing, etc. You might be rejected from rental applications, even if it's a misdemeanor. You might not be able to possess firearms in the house. The list goes on.

Start talking to a public defender and also consult your state's bar. They'll usually give you free 30-minute consult. You can do the same for most lawyers if you call them up for a meeting.

Public defenders will usually sit with you for the first time for 5-10 minutes tops before arguing your case. Most don't and won't care in my experience, cause they have limited resources that are demanded on assault and murder charges.

I don't want to scare the shit out of you, but you need to consider possible implications. Something to tell the wife too.

Were not married right now. But is it true that for a felony, there can’t be firearms in the house whatsoever? Even if they aren’t hers?

I don’t think it’ll be that bad though because it was under $60. But you’re saying that some places, a misdemeanor could come with restrictions??

Sounds like it's time to kick the thief to the curb. Get the fuck out of here, grabby graberson.

Do you really think I should? I mean i’ve done bad stuff before, nothing illegal, but I know people make mistakes.

Also, we are set to move (out of state) at the end of the week. I have a remote work position, but going forward she won’t have a job in that state, but she’s been applying and has heard back from a few places, which I guess is good since they probably have already done a bg check.

I thought she could probably get off pretty easy since it’s her first time, but reading up, apparently it’s very advisable that she get a lawyer.

How does one even go about doing that?

And she’s pretty much spending what she has left for this move, so I know she’s not going to have any money for one. Would I be completely stupid to even consider paying for it?

>Won’t she be alright with a public defender?
HahahahAhahahahahaha, oh wow...

No.

So she could possibly go to jail for this? How do you get a lawyer without money?

Depends on the state and do you know the dollar amount she stole? If they let her walk, it almost certainly wasn’t enough to warrant a felony charge, but if they issued her a court summons they’re going to try to get something from her. Her best bet is a plea deal.

>Were not married right now.
Sorry, I was switching between posts.

>But is it true that for a felony, there can’t be firearms in the house whatsoever? Even if they aren’t hers?
I can't speak for all 50 states, but as a general rule yes. Felon in possession of a firearm is serious shit. It basically comes down to reasonable access. In my experience just living in the same home was enough to convince the jury or judge. What sucks is if the owner of those firearms (you) she's in in technical possession of might get charged with aiding a felon. There are too many hypothetical situations that could happen where that does happen. Your state laws may vary. What I do know is that if a local sheriff or police chief, prosecutor, district attorney, or judge wants to make an example for political purposes they will. So definitely don't give them opportunity to do so.

>I don’t think it’ll be that bad though because it was under $60. But you’re saying that some places, a misdemeanor could come with restrictions??
Completely depends what the charges are, which is something to go over with your lawyers.

Depends on the state and what the possible situation is. She could have a misdemeanor on her record. Like I stated earlier, it can screw up some employment, rental applications (not likely but possible), certifications, licenses and other things. For example, if she was a nurse or certified nursing assistant, she'd probably have to inform the nursing licensing board now, and have a hearing if she had a license. If she applied for a license, she'd probably be denied a license in lots of states despite it being a misdemeanor.

Even if it's expunged, most potential employers and a lot of state agencies can require she list all arrests during a background check. They can also find the arrests through public records. Again, depends on all on her and your goals.

Best of luck user.

$57

Let me clarify: if she was facing a felony, she would have gone to jail rather than being let go home.

I would expect a low class misdemeanor, maybe larceny or something. $57 isn’t going to be life ruining. They’ll probably let her plead guilty in exchange for a slap on the wrist.