Is it reasonable to be a housewife/stay-at-home mom in the modern day? Especially financially...

Is it reasonable to be a housewife/stay-at-home mom in the modern day? Especially financially, and to a lesser degree socially.
Also, why did feminists have to ruin everything? Okay, not really, but I'm working my ass off starting a career but I would absolutely kill to be a doting wife and mother. I feel like that's not a viable option like it was up until ~50 yrs ago.
Reee

Attached: vintage-housewife.jpg (597x270, 104K)

I’m in the same boat OP

It’s only possible if you’re hot and live around wealthy people. For us normies it’s just a dream.

>why did feminists have to ruin everything

They didn't, they're just a distraction. You can't have a single income household for most families because wage growth has basically been stagnant for two generations while the cost of living has not. My grandfather raised two kids driving a bread truck, retired at 55, and traveled internationally for the first 20 years of his retirement. He had social security, sure, but he also had a fucking pension that was funded and organized well enough that it kept on paying 30 years after the company he worked for shut its doors. My father worked for a large municipal water department, retired when he was 66, although my mother couldn't until she was 68, and while they're comfortable they aren't fucking off to Paris in their golden years. My wife and I have 4 degrees between us, marketable skills, and we're living barely better than our parents largely because we're resigned to the reality that retirement is going to be bare.

Its not the feminists that ruined this country, its the cocksuckers on both sides of the aisle who were so desperate not to look like commies that they handed the country over to corporations.

It's not really fair to blame feminism for it.
When you think about it, a housewife back in the day just had nothing BUT. FUCKING. CHORES. You had to scrape the shit out of the clothes for hours at the creek, hang em up, you had to get the water from a well, you had to do all of the dishes by hand, you swept with a broom. You dusted with an old-fashioned feather. You likely did a few time-consuming and low-intensity tasks around the farm like milking the cows and checking eggs. You "were" your child's teacher often, and you did good if you taught them to just read and write before they got married and started their own farm.

Now? Between advancements in appliances and materials, and the end of agricultural living, it's just not that necessary anymore. I can run through my one bedroom apartment and clean this shit top to bottom in less than an hour. Laundry is just "toss it in and forget it." Yeah, you have to "deep clean" every now and then, but that's like, what, a Saturday every month or two?
No one made women do anything, and no one really had to do more but estrange their parents in order to do something. They just got fucking bored being professional appliance operators, asked society if they could offer what they had, and then society went "okay."

Attached: 1519663232530.jpg (850x897, 172K)

>Is it reasonable to be a housewife/stay-at-home mom in the modern day
Yes, if you have children.
>Especially financially, and to a lesser degree socially.
If your husband makes decent cash OR you dont mind being poor. Odds are he wont mind if you dont.
>Also, why did feminists have to ruin everything?
They were funded by big business to double the workforce so the bourgeoisie could cut wages in half.
>Okay, not really, but I'm working my ass off starting a career but I would absolutely kill to be a doting wife and mother.
Talk to your husband about it. He might like the idea or he might not, but it's unquestionably easier to raise kids if only 1 parent is working; especially if you have multiple children.

Yeah, okay. But my feminism callout was more of a maymay than anything. Would really like to keep the thread steered toward what to do with what society is now, not pointing fingers at whose fault it is, please.

I'm considered attractive. Living around wealthy people? Not so much seeing that I'm a college student. But people who will be wealthy in the future? Perhaps.
>your husband
Sorry, I should have provided more context. I'm a 20 y/o senior in college. Currently in a long-term relationship with bf (21) whom I love to death. He knows of my desire to be a housewife and he wants to be a dad of 2. He is open to the housewife thing but would appreciate my working part-time (which I would be very open to as well, especially when kids are at school). He plans to go to law school (hasn't taken LSAT yet). Hopefully that helps.

Also: I'm impatient by today's standards and don't want to wait until I'm 33 or something to have kids. Would prefer to have my first at ~25, but this might be tough given that my potential husband would be just two years out of law school at that point. And I do plan to work/save, at least until I get married.

>Can I be a housewife
If you marry a professional, yeah. And at that point, you'll be a housewife since you'll have no choice
>Your partner will only function to work and secure a promotion, meaning they'll be stressed
>Your sole purpose in life will be making sure they can de-stress
>Because of your reliance on the breadwinner, you have no real power (some social economists did some work on this, called it bargaining)

You're also against an economy
>House prices are higher naturally because house building is slower than the NAR of human population growth
>Economic spatial growth means that if you want to be a housewife in a shit area, it's not going to be a glitzy as you thought it would be
>You have to constantly compete with other women, to the extent you might need to have a back up plan, which might mean finding work.

You're a bit too late OP

>Also, why did feminists have to ruin everything?
>Reee
You're screeching out the universal incel r9k mating call and expect this to not be a 300 post thread talking about how feminism ruined western civilization and is trying to steal video games?

Okay dude.

Attached: 1505599345563.jpg (600x600, 34K)

>He is open to the housewife thing but would appreciate my working part-time
This is what I'd want my wife to do. The job would give her something to do in her downtime besides the neighbors.
>Would prefer to have my first at ~25, but this might be tough given that my potential husband would be just two years out of law school at that point
Im not familiar with lawyering, but if your bf gets a job lined up before he graduates, he could probably be making enough money to support 2 (or 3) people within 2 years. Also, if you work before then, you can save up your wages to provide a buffer in case he has trouble making ends meat at first.

Women still become house wifes, but now they have to find a guy with a high income to be able to do it.

There are feminist stay at home moms. It's not one or the other.

>Is it reasonable to be a housewife/stay-at-home mom in the modern day?
Yes. From an emotional and family unit perspective, it's very reasonable.
>I feel like that's not a viable option like it was up until ~50 yrs ago.
It's still a quite viable option if done right while in a married-like relationship. Find wife material, and the legal process isn't.
>Especially financially, and to a lesser degree socially.
You definitely save money with a stay-at-home wife and mother if done properly. Gardening and cooking from scratch can save you thousands. Being a good host and increasing your social circle can improve your financial success.
You also save on daycare, which can be very expensive in the states.
Legally, and tax purposes in the states, it's not smart to legally marry in the states. If both of you work and are legally married, you can pay more taxes (look up 'marriage penalty').
You can be prevented from some financial transactions if you're legally married. For instance, if she's not married you can do certain business deals with her parents or siblings. Once you legally marry, it basically ends.
You're also required to make 50% more to become an accredited investor if legally married. Sucks if she doesn't make the same as you.
You can still have the same legal framework (e.g. trusts, living wills, medical power of attorney) when it comes to important decision making just like marriage if you plan properly, but without the liability.

You're living at a much higher objective standard of living than your parents. You can choose to reduce it and save more.

This is the hope. He's never had trouble slinging scholarships (he's getting paid to go to university at this point) but might still have to take out loans for law school depending on where he goes... we'll see.

Suck less dick into your next reincarnation, then you will see how everything is gonna fall into place

My boyfriend and I will get married soon. Both have degrees and work.
Afterwards, we'll sell our houses (1.50M in total) and buy one in a house with more property, near his mother, who lives in the suburbs. Houses there are much cheaper, and my bf works from home at this point.
I'll stay at home for a few years. We plan on living mostly off our garden and cooking a lot from scratch, trying to get really local. The area we're planning to move in is mostly farmers.
Couple kids, a dog, and we're happy.
After the kids are around 7-8, I plan to go back to work part time. My husband or my mother in law can take care of the kids if needed, and it wouldn't be a pain in the ass to get a baby sitter.
I plan on going back more seriously when I have all kids in high school.

It's possible, just requires the right partner and a lot of planning. And being realistic with your income.

Sure, but there are no (attractive/likeable/intelligent/valuable/wife material) feminists.

>Afterwards, we'll sell our houses (1.50M in total)
ah yes, love to be a 20-something year old who just happens to already own a 3/4 million dollar house like what the hell is this

Here have a gold star for being the first person on Jow Forums that's talked shit about feminists, it's a very brave thing to do.

Ok hambeast! Enjoy coping. I'll keep being gorgeous, happy, and married :)

Just find a rich husband. That's literally the only thing in your way. And the economy is just booming, so it wouldn't even be that difficult.

So did you come for advice or to stir up an anti fem shitstorm, larper?

Obviously any lifestyle is possible given the right circumstances in this case a willing husband with a good salary. Its ill advised though because marriages fall apart, people die, loss of property occurs, etc, and when one of these inevitably happen you will have wasted more than a decade of work where you could have invested in some kind of marketable skill

Are you supposed to be OP?

>Would really like to keep the thread steered toward what to do with what society is now, not pointing fingers at whose fault it is, please.

riiight

OP here: This isn't me lmao
I'm too sappy to be a trophy wife. But you're probably not wrong.

Yeah, we're lucky with money.
I inherited two flats that were pretty beaten up. I spent my summer remodelling them with my boyfriend. Turned out pretty well, got them quoted now for 200k each last week.
My boyfriend just left a very well paying, very demanding job. Made a ton of money, bought nice house.

My wife and I worked it out. I make about 23hr and up and with some budget stuff, she will be able to stay at home with our child, when she has it 5 months from now.

We didn't have to buy a shitty place or skimp on anything or whatever. It's obvious but stop buying stupid shit and you'll have a lot more money.

When did I say I was OP?? The hair dye and lard are going to your brain, sweetie. Go back to your Instagram story activism. Yikes.

>Sorry, I should have provided more context. I'm a 20 y/o senior in college. Currently in a long-term relationship with bf (21) whom I love to death. He knows of my desire to be a housewife and he wants to be a dad of 2. He is open to the housewife thing but would appreciate my working part-time (which I would be very open to as well, especially when kids are at school). He plans to go to law school (hasn't taken LSAT yet). Hopefully that helps.

Either way, you can still apply the aforementioned.

Something to plan for is the possibility of maybe homeschooling your kids. Even if you do home school, or while raising your babies you could develop small recurring revenue streams that doesn't require you to work a strict schedule. You can also plan for it now as well.

When I worked in my last job, I knew several people who were lawyers or law students with kids, babies and first time wives. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's definitely possible if you have a great support network.

>Also: I'm impatient by today's standards and don't want to wait until I'm 33 or something to have kids. Would prefer to have my first at ~25, but this might be tough given that my potential husband would be just two years out of law school at that point. And I do plan to work/save, at least until I get married.

Impatient? No. Probably not cause you're a 20 y/o college senior.

Waiting until you're 25 it'll be more difficult to conceive, but the risks are definitely lower than your 30s. Also plan for the possibility of more kids.

Financially: you have to be one of those housewives who knows how to budget and stretch a dollar. I suppose that's only fair for the title.

Socially: sure.

When did I say I was a lard instagram sweetie with hair dye? get a grip.