Stop advising people to go into trades

Stop advising people to go into trades.
>This is the other glaring flaw at the heart of the case for welding as the ideal alternative to college. The overwhelming majority of American welders are not earning $150,000 a year. Not even close. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary for an experienced welder in 2018 was a little more than $41,000 a year—which was only about $16,000 above the poverty line for a family of four.
archive.is/BEHck

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 10.22.08 PM.png (736x463, 288K)

41k for a single male is pretty good money. Just don't go out an by a lifted truck right away and you can live pretty good on trades.

Attached: ALkWtX1EADheM4h297MDCYSdG4Rd64x_cE88gGd-K7I.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

>everyone is made for college
yeah no.

if you go into trades, then you should start your own company

t. electrician

>the average annual salary for an experienced welder in 2018 was a little more than $41,000 a year—which was only about $16,000 above the poverty line for a family of four.
But without a family of four, $41K is plenty to live on comfortably. You could even afford to by an S2000 with a check and have a sweet ride.

The real problem with welding is metal fumes. Your body is going to hate you until you get used to it.

Attached: 1458983624906.jpg (761x960, 117K)

depends on where you work and what you o. I am a contract welder. my company flies me all over the country to weld at powerplants and other factories. I make almost $3000 a week on the road.

Be better than average then....

>just invest you’ll finally make money

Attached: 85EF2C7A-0D5D-4668-A069-E1C0A6D4171C.png (275x374, 57K)

>41k is awesome for a single person
Pull the other one buddy

>making money without going into debt is baaaaaaad goyim go to college!

nobody said welding would make you rich, but it's immediate work that will always be in demand

>The Atlantic

Attached: 3a7.jpg (680x680, 81K)

How do I get to this level?

>Just don't go out an by a lifted truck right away
Enjoy the abuse and hazing you'll get for not having one. First thing you need to do as a tradecuck is pick up cigarette smoking and get a lifted truck.

Man I wish I had gone into a trade. Fuck this broken ass country where we compete with one another for the same moldy piece of cheese like rats in a cage.

Please God send us another Hitler

That’s why you do specialized welding. Pipe welding, cell tower welding or even underwater welding. Don’t be lazy and you’ll be ok. Better than slinging coffee and paying off the university kikes.

tradecuck keep wringing those soft hands chaim

Good, good. Take those diversity courses goy!

Gas pipe welder for utility company here. $56.93 an hour. As much ot as I want.

on the road is automatic time and a half plus its all overtime on top of it.

>was a little more than $41,000 a year

You can tell the writer of this article was upper-middle class / coastal elite. Welders can work anywhere, and $40k a year could buy you an actual house on actual land in Middle America without any student loans to get in the way. Not to mention after a few years experience and some ambition you can start your own welding business and actually make $100k.

Be an auto mechanic. Shops and dealers everywhere. If you don’t like it, toolbox has wheels on it. Some are big enough to sleep in.

>communist indoctrination college should be mandatory, goyim!
Okay.

Most people don't get this, they're too fucking dumb.

Good money in welding pipe and pressure vessels. Bridge welders make fine coin too.

>t. has never worked a day on his life

More consumer/product alienation propaganda which ironically Marx predicted. The end game is to make you as reliant on society as possible and therefore the least likely to dissent.

>was a little more than $41,000 a year—which was only about $16,000 above the poverty line for a family of four.
What a fucking stupid metric to go by. Most people would struggle with a family of four but who the hell has families that large other than nonwhites anyway? Also, any person with a brain will have multiple side income streams these days

Beats a useless degree in feminist studies, $200,000 of debt, and a minimum wage job at Starbucks.

You know, the best trade is selling xanax and heroin to inner-city libs.
Lots of profit to be had and customers that have no clue about how money works.

Attached: 1541811538023.jpg (330x516, 91K)

Career choice advice is 90% psyops to lower wages.

>mfw i went into mechanical drafting
>mfw it's better than a dirty, dangerous workshop
>mfw been down this road before

Attached: nervous-airplane.jpg (550x642, 47K)

>welding is the only trade
we're running a massive deficit of tradesman and those guys can pretty much get away with murder on your wallet right now because of it.

besides, someone has to build and maintain the physical infrastructure of this society and it's not going to be liberal arts majors doing it

if you aren't a piece of chet you can make great money welding
the problem is that you're going to be working 60+ hour weeks for the rest of your life or until you open your own welding business
i would rather make less money at an air conditioned desk than to do physical labor for more than 2/3 of my work week

I was on a dock and they had a guy welding the pilings for a soon to be dock. I talked to the guy running his heater and air supply and I said "man I be that guy makes a shit ton of money" Then he says "not as much as the guy who inspects it."

OT is based and redpilled.

Alright, zoomers. You want to know what working in the trades is really like?

>Wake up before dawn, probably have to drive across town to the shop
>If your job is mobile, right back in a vehicle to sit in morning traffic
>Work your ass off all morning surrounded by pea-brained boomers who will shit on you all day if you're the new guy
>Get all the grunt work because you're new
>Smoke break because you have to smoke cigarettes now whether you like it or not
>Lunch, probably gas station food
>Work your ass off in the heat of the day
>Sit in early rush hour traffic back to the shop
>Get in your car, sit in rush hour traffic again
>Won't get paid more than $17 an hour until you have at least 5 years in

Sounds fucking exhilarating, doesn't it?

Fuck the trades, go into business for yourself.

Say goodbye to your eyes and ears

Dafuq are you talking about? I’m a welder and I make good bank. Benefits, retirement, plenty of overtime. Own two cars. Lots of cool bang bang hardware. Got bitches tryna fuck me on the regular. It’s the most alpha male profession on the planet.

Attached: 382F354D-29B9-4B30-AA34-128382F6F1A5.jpg (2000x1500, 1.73M)

>which was only about $16,000 above the poverty line for a family of four.
So enough to take care of a family of four?

I'm a tile guy and made $170k last year.

What is a welding mask and ear plugs.

Oh yeah almost forgot. If you’re smart and know the trade, you can save up about 4k and take the CWI exam. They make well over 100k yearly. You guys haven’t done much research in to this stuff I can tell.

To be fair if the thing fucks up the guy who inspects it and gives it the OK is more likely to be sued than the guy who welded it.

Oh my God this was my life for 4 years before I begged my way into a half white collar job in building Automation, minus the smoking. Douchebags of all ages mocked me the whole time for not wrecking my health but I'll have the last laugh when they die of cancer and I'll get to dance on their graves and go for a brisk jog afterwards

I work security and make $100k a year, people are just fucking idiots.

>welding mask
You fucking pussy

if the inspector fucks up it's his ass
if the welder fucks up he just has to fix it

Is engineering technology a good field?

Attached: IMG_20190907_145904.jpg (3456x3456, 2.62M)

The hazing never stops. But knowing you are far more intelligent and they are being paid hourly after 10-15 years and you being self employed fucking off at every opportunity at less than 10 in the trades. Makes it bearable i guess.

Attached: 1555750292525.gif (320x166, 1.97M)

Attached: tradecuck.png (447x225, 30K)

get in to instrumentation instead

For most men between 100 and 115 IQ the trades is the best option for them. If they don't learn a useful skill they'll be stuck in the (((service economy))) working as a cashier. You won't 'get rich' unless you go into business for yourself and do well, but you can make a much more decent living than working at Publix for $10/hr.

>According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

why does this even exist? also most tradesmen dont report the $50,000+ they get paid under the table lel

>Don't go into trades, goy, get that gender studies PhD you always wanted

>Livable wage to raise a fgamily on without 120K debt
>"No, this is bad, don't you want this college job that you could make 150,000 a year in but won't for the first 40 years or ever if you aren't in a special clique?

>JUST GO TO COLLEGE AND BECOME A DEBT RIDDEN COMMUNIST POORFAG FOR MY ALMA MATER'S BENEFIT, BRO

There is NOTHING wrong or shameful about getting a job out of highschool.

Attached: Endowment.jpg (1872x3037, 2.26M)

How are your knees

I keep hearing people talk about "trade school vs college" maybe it's just my town but where I grew up the trade school WAS the college. That's not some silly metaphor either. You want to a carpenter? The college has a certificate program for that, plumbing, welding, mechanics,
electrician,HVACC, ems, fire fighter, security, the college offers certificate programs for any trade you could think of, and no one else in town offers any real good apprentice work.

Why must one be rich?
Rich and happy are not the same.

go to college
and
learn a trade

>2019
>STILL not smoking cigarettes

Attached: 1561522684685.jpg (620x644, 31K)

>Family of four
Yikes. Imagining having kids with some dead end job. Soduku yourself

I dont want to be rich I just want a livable income where im not expected to hold 2-3 jobs just to exist without living paycheck to paycheck. All I can hope at this point is the government will step in and start forcing corporations to pay workers fairly. UBI probably wont fly but perhaps something to its effect.

I genuinely don't believe the average for welders is 40k.

Is that before considering overtime/double time/bonuses? I have an even less skilled job and made well over that in my first year.

This
As an actual professional welder here I can tell you that you're not going to make huge bucks welding unless you're doing highly specialized kind of work. However, there is a huge demand for good welders right now and you're pretty much guaranteed to find work. And if you don't mind working some heavy overtime every once in a while you can take home some pretty decent paychecks

i made 61K last year driving a truck. i literally live in it. i eat on the cheap - pb&j or bologna/cheese sandwiches; every once in awhile i treat myself to the dollar menu at mcdonalds. 25 now - looking forward to retiring to my own MT acreage by 40

Fuck of, childless faggot.
I do it on less than that.

Attached: image.jpg (1583x2048, 409K)

That's a joke I work on PI for Major company and bearing have a reason to live anymore.

Welding is going to be 90% automated in 20 years.

Its not how much you earn a year, its how much you have per year after paying your eternal slavery bond for college.

He will need it for his cancer bills later on.

You must be fat as fuck with a diet/lifestyle like that.

I would've been funnier if you just typed sudoku correctly

Notice how (((they))) crafted a "STEM shortage" to flood the market with H1B labor, and how they've flooded the market of "unskilled labor" with illegals? (All in the name of cheap labor.)

What makes you think they wouldn't do that to trades? *And, indeed, we see it with [eg] illegals and construction & roofing.)

>I make 150k per year!
How much do you spend on living expenses?
>um....
Yeah, I thought so.
>go to college, get massive debt to the freddie mac jew. that will make life "good!"
nope. get a skill, take a few business classes on the side. Start your own business.
that will build the nest egg you need to make anything possible. 2 years of working will pay for college, and having a solid summer job can't hurt either.
only idiots go straight into college after highschool on debt. If you have a great business idea, you don't want to be in college. if you're in college, you're aiming to be working for someone else, and that won't be paying down your debt for decades.

hey guys, not to be a pain in the ass (pun intended, lol), but we still have to get to the bottom ( ;) ) of the old problem of WHO THE FUCK JUST CAN NOT STOP SUCKING ALL THESE FUCKING COCKS??!!?

somebody's mad others work smarter not harder.

>hurrr do X
>no hurr do Y
>no no hurr do Z
Why the hell are people doing this? Why are they overlooking the context? No job alone in any career field is going to automatically guarantee placement. You have to look at the job market. If there's a saturation of people in one field, the value of the job diminishes to the market. Fucking hell.

No it's not. Automated systems need highly intelligent and stable societies to work. Japan for example.
The muttification of the US is going to make it impossible to have bots doing work simply because people are going to loot these machines for copper to feed their heroin habits.

I was lucky enough to finesse my way into becoming a cannabis grower, labor but significantly less, and much better co-workers. Sorry to offend anyone ITT, but the trades are for rednecks and ex-cons who aren't smart enough to do anything else.

I'm doing electronics, AAS ET-Electronics-Defense Contractor Technician, but transferring my credits towards an ET with Electronics Option B.A.S. My second bachelor's, first was a B.S. in a meme degree but I took enough math and physics to just jump straight into the ET classes. Kinda fun so far.

This pic makes me uncomfortable because it inexplicably makes my sosij squirm

>dead end job
I work when I want, I hire men to work for me when I want, and I own my property, and my vehicles, mostly purchased in cash. I do work hard, but that just makes it sweeter when the job is done. I look back and the stuff I created your fat ass takes for granted, but couldn't even begin to lay down for yourself. You're my prisoner, and you think you're above me.

the only trade job i would is electrician, the kind that goes on big ass electric towers . risky but exciting. office job is so fucking boring , and any white collar job seems lame despite being comfier than any trade job ofc

Boomers just love to boast about trade jobs because to them it proves how delusion and lazy millennials are. Most trade jobs fuck your body up, Have shit hours, and highly suspect job security. Why exactly wont you be replaced by cheap slaves jose like mist of the-other labor jobs?

Attached: 72FC0398-1B68-4440-BE06-493DAE1ED639.jpg (800x586, 111K)

Gonna deviate a little.

I figured out how to train machine learning models from scratch. That is, a computer camera can tell apart a black from an asian to an actual human. Essentially, it can distinguish. I put these on a TPU and they are inferring at the rate of 110 fps.

Now tell me Jow Forums, what should I train models to? Happy to release in a few weeks

Kek

Unionization and job proficiency required

Yeah you sound like a massive faggot. I bet you drive a massive ram pickup like an asshole

>Why exactly wont you be replaced by cheap slaves jose like mist of the-other labor jobs?
There is a difference between the "help" and the Master tradesman who is licensed and bonded by the state.

econ fag here, let me give all you grunts a quick rundown on how the world works:

1. nobody has ever or will ever get rich solely off of their own labor because labor is merely another commodity, one that every individual in the planet is capable of providing it

2. the labor market remunerates virtually all types of labor equally in average over a lifetime, that means it doesn't matter whether you go to trade school or med school, if you're a laborer and you factor in all the debt and opportunity costs involved (including for all the money your parents put into raising you), cleetus the welder is expected to make about the same as kim the physician over their lifetime

3. the only factors that are statistically proven to reliably increase someone's remuneration in the labor market are years of education (null if you take into account opportunity costs) and years of experience, so start working early and retire later is the only strategy to raise above the average wageslave lifetime remuneration

4. offer and demand in particular labor markets (given risk factors, personality requirements, systemic failures in the educational system i.e. math) can marginally affect remuneration, but not enough to make anyone rich, and you'd be worse off in the long term following these temporary and self-correcting market trends rather than playing to your strenghts

5. only way to reap extraordinary gains and become rich is to become a capitalist instead of a laborer, that means investing your own capital and assuming some of the risk of a business, you don't need to turn into a full blown entrepeneur btw as there are other alternatives like working in a good company that partakes in profit-sharing, becoming an associate/partner/franchisee, investing your money well during your off time, etc.

6. I won't bother getting into the outliers since none of you here in Jow Forums are one

Right now it's a good economy in Hawaii atleast. My friend is a bar manager and can't fire any of his bar tenders but he wants to fire 1/3 of them for being terrible employees/bad service.

He's understaffed and has to keep them for time being. During the recession, people were doing anything to get a job. Now they can't do anything to get fired.

You sound like a massive pussy. I bet you drive a Prius like a cum guzzling twink.

b & rp

Good choice. Plenty of money in electric. Risky, sure, but safe enough if you keep your wits about you and don't work with a bad crew. The only time electrical is really dangerous, in my experience, is repair/upgrade. But you almost have to be the kind of guy who would consider taking a nap even if his hair was on fire to really be safe. You simply cannot be distracted or easily excited. Methodical, careful, and alert. But your work puts dirty babies under warm water baths, hot ladies under colored lights, and cold beer in the fridge.

t. Butthurt millennifag

Welding is deadly work that destroys your body and you will be spending your savings in retirement on medical care.

Underwater welding is seen as the deadliest in the welding profession

Its better than going to college to learn how evil da white pipole is.

Attached: 2d6da65a.jpg (528x352, 22K)

The best thing you can do is to either learn a trade or even get a decent paying manufacturing job and save like crazy. Then buy rental properties. Rentals are the best long term, depending where you live. With all the feral humans we're bringing in, we will have alot of people coming and only so much space. Might as well capitalize off it. Buy rentals. And also have a main job. Dad did it when I was 10. Worked for the highway department. Made 45k a yr. Made us take 2 min showers and took away lightbulb we left on. We never went out to eat and rarely took vacations. I'm 26 now and my parents are worth probs 4 million. No lie. And he's just managing rentals now.

>everybody can be rich

Fucking nigger idiot

I get paid $78,000 yr to monitor an important substation. Sounds easy, and it is. But because it's 24/7 facility, my sleep schedule changes each month and that's going to give me cancer one day.

Changing your sleep schedule constantly lowers your immune system.