Vympel Cartridge plant out of business

Vympel, the maker of GT has gone out of business, I'd ask the importer if the news is true, but the website has been deleted.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330128&page=12
vympel-amursk.com
khabexport.com/en/exporters/amurskiy-patronnyy-zavod-vympel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally who?

They probably went out of business because they put pictures of 7.62x39 on boxes of 5.45x39.

Hmm no wonder sgammo is putting these on sale

Thank god I am not a poorfag

So i haven't seen an official source for this yet but post#406 in: akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330128&page=12
allegedly emailed sam who allegedly said vympel is bankrupt. If the website was deleted sounds like it might be true.

Attached: 1504068119315.jpg (768x768, 57K)

Right because when you buy 5.45 and x39 you're buying only brass cased.

>Vympel, the maker of GT has gone out of business, I'd ask the importer if the news is true, but the website has been deleted.
LOL no. Literally fake news.

After 20 sec of searching:

vympel-amursk.com (still up)

Contact and pics of machines: khabexport.com/en/exporters/amurskiy-patronnyy-zavod-vympel/

>5.45 and x39

Attached: B41D049C-0585-458F-B05D-94DDF54F9420.png (627x442, 452K)

It will be resurrected w/different name/box @higher price point

5.45x39.5 is not x39 ;^)

Uh, don’t they make most of the ammo for the Russian military? How the fuck would they run out of money?

Russians can’t manage anything

The blockbuster website is still up too, Are they still in business?

the importer that imports GT's site is gone, and a retailer says they are done, I wonder who I'll believe.

should I be buying up some 7.62x39 gt?
is ak food about to skyrocket in price?

>importer that imports GT's site is gone
You said the maker went out of business, not the importer. They're two completely different things.

so...russia with one less TIGER?

>Are they still in business?
yes, actually.

actually, there are still a few of them left. Mostly in Alaska.

the maker went out of business, so the importer closed up shop.

>should I be buying up some 7.62x39 gt?
Yes. I would have said the same if you asked 1, 2, 3 or 10 years ago.

>is ak food about to skyrocket in price?
I dont think so. It's cheap already but if GT is going out of business now is definitely the time to buy. Sealed, non corrosive ak food for 20c/rd is just about as good as you're going to get.

isn't wolf about the same quality and price?

It's bullshit. Go email the contact and ask.

Wolf works fine in my WASR. Robski of AKOU says his best ballistics records for AK are with Wolf.

Yes, wolf mil spec is about as hot and more consistent than GT but doesn't have a BT bullet I think.

It's not sealed. So if you want to buy a 1k rounds to blast off in the next year or so, do it to it, wolf is fine. If you want long term hording ammo GT or brass.

fuck GT the best

selling GT $1 a round collectible.

>vympel-amursk.com
dumb fucking nagger

Vympel is state owned.
It has the latest/newest ammo manufacturing equipment in all of Russia...

it ain't going broke.

Attached: 1522254680389.gif (480x270, 1.24M)

>ammo is bad after a year
Do you store your ammo in a swamp?

>Hmm no wonder sgammo is putting these on sale

>ohh shit guys, this in demand ammo will no longer be available!
>I know, lets sell the stock we have now that we'll never be able to replenish for a lower price!

I live in the south so, yes more or less. Every gun I own is oiled and in a sock, ammo is stored in sealed cans.

>being this much of a brain dead nigger

Buy a fucking de-humidifier goofy.

Yeah, like a dehumidifier is going to dehumidify my entire house and be cheaper then gun socks and ammo cans.

Besides I'm moving back to the desert in a few months so it wont be an issue for much longer.

Attached: 1520532436382.gif (270x266, 2.74M)

Question, do socks hold humidity? Or suck it away from firearms? Because I left a savage .22lr in a case for about a week, and when I came back to it, it was rust city. I was surprised. I did the same with my RPR but that one didn't rust nowhere near as bad as my savage. Probably difference in quality materials, but the case I used for the 22 was much older and the foam was pale

If you get a silicone treated sock it wont let anything in or out. Which is why I oil them and make sure not leave any finger prints on them etc. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you didnt prep them equally.

Foam on the other sucks in humidity. If you want to store guns in foam cases, investing 30-40 bucks for half a dozen or so gun socks will save you from head aches later down the road.

Don't put it in a sock. It will hold moisture on the gun causing it to rust like a motherfucker. Put a dehumidifier in your safe and leave the guns exposed.

Damn. I just bought 1k rounds of 7.62x38 GT last month. Reading this makes me want to buy another.

this, the importer may have gone out (still doubtful) but Vympel is a major Russian ammo plant. It would be equivalent to Barnul going out of business. If the importer died someone will pick up a contract if it is possible to do so. I heard talks of century actually picking up vympel for some of their ammo imports.

they make cheap dehumidifiers that you just have to plug in once in a while. I keep a couple of them in my gun safe. Putting them in your closet or cabinet where you keep your ammo will help.

>Vympel is state owned.
>It has the latest/newest ammo manufacturing equipment in all of Russia
Would that not make it subject to import bans?

apparently not yet, looks like they are mostly targeting large privately held assets rather than state owned ones. Ammo export is good buisness but it makes up a small bit of their economy comparatively to something like oil.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm not about to fix something that isnt broken.

>I heard talks of century actually picking up vympel for some of their ammo imports.
They already did. The 124g RAS 7.62x39 is rebranded GT.

Attached: red-army-762x39mm-124-grain-bt-fmj-case.jpg (800x800, 73K)

Yes and the few stores left are doing big numbers because people don't believe they're still in business actually.
So fuck yourself

Civilian ammo exports probably don’t make up much of the ammo sales

>The 124g RAS 7.62x39 is rebranded GT.

Jesus they actually did something intelligent? The old RAS sucked ass. Muzzle flash was huge compared ot others and the shit was dirty as fuck.

They still has "the old RAS" I'm sure. RAS is just an umbrella name, kinda like Wolf is. They import ammo from anybody and everybody and slap their brand on it for stateside sales.

red army standard is absolute fucking shit tier I thought?

Yeah they are just contracting it out to the lowest bidder.

>looks like they are mostly targeting large privately held assets rather than state owned ones
I was under the impression (from reading sites like Jow Forums and akfiles) that companies who produce weapons/ammo for the Russian government are the ones that the US bans imports from.

Kalashnikov concern and Molot had large amounts of holding by individuals they wanted to sanction. It at least appears to me the sanctions are more oriented towards russian fat cats rather than the government itself. Either way it seems the ammo is still rolling in.

You fucking stupid ignorant fuckwit. I see a negligent diacharge in your future.

More consistent, you sad poor summer child.

Yeah, that purple sealant and greenish lacquered casing (plus the headstamp) is a dead giveaway of Vympel ammo.

It's good stuff; I've fired some boxes from my SAR-1. Accuracy and reliability are very good, and the stuff stores very well. My only complaint is that the little cardboard boxes that the Golden Tiger stuff comes in, are super flimsy: they disintegrate and spill ammo everywhere if you shake them around too much.

I recall reading the owner of SGammo post somewhere (sorry don't remember where) that the reason Vympel was in trouble was that they had over produced assuming the the Hildabeast was going to win the 2016 election and needed the extra in stock for the ensuing panic buying. As we all know, God-Emperor Trump has ascended the throne and Vympel ended up with a shitload of ammo it couldn't use. The SGammo guy said he liked Vympel and was putting their GT on sale to try and help them move some of it.

>the little cardboard boxes that the Golden Tiger stuff comes in, are super flimsy: they disintegrate and spill ammo everywhere if you shake them around too much.
GT and Wolf do that. Tula is slightly better packaging.

It was on ARF in the Industry section. Excuse the phone-grab.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-09-21-24-48.png (1080x1920, 424K)

>Vympel won't import more 5.45x39 until they move their overstocked 7.62x39
>OMG Vympel is out of business

Attached: 1436149878051.jpg (598x370, 55K)

lmao and 5.45 fags still think it's not a dying (dead) caliber

heh it me

I have a lotta duds with GT.

Attached: 29872085_10155427896265753_7317105861058383685_o.jpg (1722x1293, 230K)