Go trap shooting with my mossman pump

>go trap shooting with my mossman pump
>hit 24/25 or 25/25 consistently with no problems
>boomer comes up to me and says that pumps are bad and OUs are the hotness and tells me about how good over/unders are
>lets me shoot his OU
>OU sight radius is shit and recoil is worse
>cant hit dick
>thank boomer for his time and letting me shoot his gun but politely go back to my pump

Why do people fall for the OU meme in trap shooting?

Attached: clay bird.jpg (2000x900, 167K)

Because they're dumb fudds? The only reason I could think of to use a o/u for trap is if you're too much of a gimp to work a pump.

Attached: 821ccba76d3fbf4ed26ecb283a26bbd764f14090_full.jpg (184x184, 4K)

Semis are even better.

Everyone in this thread is a fucking tard. Especially OP, you giant raging flaming faggot tard. You're all shitting on the knowledge base built up over more than 100 years of trap shooting. The pros where I live, and I mean pros, as in national championship shooters, all use $20,000 and up over unders.

$20k for what is essentially two metal pipes on a slab of wood

no thanks you mouth breathing imbecile

Attached: 1510877402919.gif (500x400, 135K)

Sound like elitist retards, you’re even a bigger one for falling for it.

>everyone in this tread is a tard
>thinks its ok to spend $20,000+ on a gun

That's because Baretta gives them those $20,000 OU's for free. It's like Nike giving Tiger Woods free golf clubs

>Not shooting skeet with a bolt action .410 Lee Enfield

L m f a o

If OP is able to bust 24 out 25 clays or better on the regular using a 300 dollar mossman, and enjoys it, why the hell do you care?

Over unders are just the staple of trap shooting user.
Generally you are just going to shoot two at once and double barrels are perfect for that.
Semis are even better as another user said.

>not trap shootin with grandpappys 410 bolt action J.C. Higgins from Sears & Roebuck

I've never seen this (you) before. Nice b8

This. You could even make em with the right CNC lathe and capentry equipment for even cheap in materials than what you could get a cheap one from Cabelas

>$20k for potmetal plumbing pipes and a piece of wood

Attached: 1522032895746.jpg (379x432, 38K)

Most pros use OU but i thinks it's cause they are required to by the rules of whatever club or league they are shooting.

Granted, it's not trap, but I did a "sporting clays" event with a bunch of big wigs and clients from work. I work for a huge general contractor and the clients were massive real estate developers. Lotsa country club types. They invited 3 of us field superintendents there to diversify the group (I guess). Talk about feeling outta place.....
They were some dudes there with some very pretty guns, and a lot of snobbery about who had the best. Some of these O/U's probably cost more than I make in a year.
I brought my $150 ArmsList Rem 887 Nitro Express. There were maybe 30 of us in our group. They did a little "friendly competition". I came in second, just barely bested by another one of the field guys I work with using a borrowed Mossman pump. Third place was the other field guy that shared my gun.
It's was pretty funny. The man from the range that was running the event for us said he would put his money on us, the rich folk just never seem to be able to hang with the good ol' country boys that grew up hunting.

A single barrel is objectively superior than two barrels when shooting trap, which is why things like the Beretta UGB-25 Xcel exist. People are so used to U/O shotguns and professionals get them for free or heavy discounts that there's no reason to develop single barrel two-shot shotguns like the UGB-25 Xcel.

The center of mass is more consistent with a break-action. Honestly, semi-auto is still the best action for trap/skeet.

>why did I not do as well as I did with the gun I practice with
The gun only does so much. I do better with an my 20 gauge 870 pump or 16 gauge fox sterlingworth than I do with my buddy's 12 gauge 1100. Why? Because I shoot the other two more.

thats because you're a pussy that cant handle recoil

>1100
>recoil
Pick one.

Difficulty INCREASES as the gauges become smaller. A 10 gauge would be even easier than a 12. Higher hit probability in a given area.

Because they work fine. I can blow through 500 straight with my Browning Citori. Its called gitting good cuck.

>the ammo makes it hard to point a gun
pic related
if there's no recoil and you cant hit shit with it its not the gun

Attached: 1507682828434.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

I might just be ok with those prices if they have enough engravings to make them look legendary. But I have strong suspicions it's a bunch of elitist dicks.

>if there's no recoil and you cant hit shit with it its not the gun
That was my original point you fucking retard.

Attached: damnithank.jpg (255x287, 17K)

>hard to point a gun
Brush up on your reading comprehension, buddy, because that isn't what I said at all.

Your $20,000 trap queen could get me 133 hi points.

I know this is b8, but Christ, and I thought the SCAR fags were bad

We talking guns or prostitutes?

Desu....
Go try a round with a 12ga, then a 20ga, then a .410.
You will see your score decrease as the Bore size shrinks.

O/Us are classy, and you are a cretin.

my point is you fucking suck
if you cant hit anything with a shotgun you should probably kill yourself nigger

>go trap shooting with my pump
>hit 22 out of 25

Is this a bad score? I thought basically anything less than 24 was cuck tier.

>Still doesn't understand how shot dispersion works

>blames the ammo for his inability to hit shit
topkek

you anime losers need to suicide yourselves

What are the rules for skeet anyway? When we do it at home I just blast at the fucker with my grandads old 1100 or sometimes my VEPR12 when I feel like dicking around. If I miss I just keep shooting

You can always fuck off back to r*ddit if you don't like it.

I can't hit a thing with my pump.. usually 1/25 desu

this is with a 24" 870

Assertion I made:
>A cartridge with more shot has a higher density of shot within a given cross-section
Your reply:
>LMAO YOU CAN'T AIM

Ok I'm a trap and skeet shooter for my University, I've won medals Trap shooting with a TriStar Semi auto.
There are some advantages you can have with a O/U such as sight patterning (60/40) and once you get use to it. in Trap it gives you an edge by not covering the target with the bead/sight. It alows better leading and adjustment for dip shots.
If you're kickass with your pump, stick with it, nobody but fudds are gonna look down on you for using one. But semi autos and O/Us are more viable for skeet,sporting clays,and wobble.

The one unique aspect over unders possess is the ability to have two different types chokes and the ability to switch out and tune the perfect shot for doubles, but that mainly pertains to sporting clays.

Hell I've shot trap with a mossberg 535 with a turkey choke and hit a 25 to prove it to my teammate I can use anything and still whoop his ass. Just use what fits you, I recently switched from my Tristar Viper to a Browning Citori and can tell a difference and I'm improving even more.

Attached: IMG_7524.jpg (1902x2536, 1.22M)

Pls no shoot traps

Attached: 1523326815942m.jpg (622x1024, 63K)

>in Trap it gives you an edge by not covering the target with the bead/sight
What do you mean by this? I know in trap you aren't supposed to use the bead, but is it different in skeet?

Someone put a bullseye on this

THIS! end the violence against qts!

Attached: 26865460_605605556450176_5847733943578656768_n.jpg (640x640, 58K)

Does anyone else get depressed about not being cute when they see these? I curse my strong chin, broad shoulders, and height - all things other men would kill for. Strange world.

Attached: 1449360675141.gif (758x696, 102K)

you learn to accept it after a while

>24/25
I hope he enjoys losing.

Well he's going out and actually shooting unlike you so...

This. Seen plenty of pros running semis and pumps with extended tubes.

Because he can't and he's a lying sack of shit?

Go to any ATA tournament anywhere in the country. The winner of all but the AA class will have a score in the mid 90's out of 100. He'd be literally outshooting international grandmasters.

I admit that pumps are probably the worst.

You're correct somewhat to say "you're not supposed to use the bead" that's only because over time your supposed to get used to how your gun patterns over time. Your focus should be on the target, and if your gun shoots dead on 50/50 that means your focus is gonna be on the bead covering the target which places you at a disadvantage. But if you have a gun for instance 60/40 that means it's gonna place the pattern above your bead. Over time once you fully get used to your gun like a pro it's all about feeling and swinging and keeping both eyes opened and focused only on the target.

Attached: IMG_7636.png (201x251, 10K)

OUs are the most aesthetic

>pros
>at trap
>pumps
No, you have not you lying faggot sack of shit. There's like, 2 total, that use semi's (because they're specifically sponsored to do so) and ZERO IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE ATA THAT USE PUMPS and this is public-domain info you can look up.

I think mine shoots a little high because I dip the gun till I can't see the bead

Well obviously semis are better but I don't think OP is talking about competing at pro, just shooting for fun.

And most comfortable to get in a consistent routine with and keep focus

Similar story with golf and my company.

CFO invites all the department chairs and tells them to then invite 2 people from their departments to this big golf outing. This means there's like 6 dudes from upper management and 12 dudes from the floor out there, and we're all playing in groups of 3 (this club had some bitchin' 4-seater golf carts). Maybe half of us had ever touched a golf club before, the CFO is supposedly a legit PGA pro.

Well, long story short, alcohol was provided. I won, not because I did well but because I was the only person who could still putt without stumbling by about hole 13. CFO gave up after losing 2 dozen balls on the front 9 and pretty well stayed parked on the beer cart the rest of the day.

Yeah and that's fine, I'm calling out the lying sack of shit that said he'd seen, and I quote, "plenty of pros running semis and pumps with extended tubes"
1. Extended tubes are specifically prohibited as per ATA rules, and most ranges have a 2-shells-in-gun-max rule
2. No ATA, NSSA, or NSCA pros use pump guns because they are a HUMONGOUS handicap on doubles, even an expensive pump is cheap compared to an entry-level O/U and their sponsors want to give them shiny things as cheap advertising, and literally nobody makes a high-rib pump gun and hasn't since the Model 12 was discontinued 50some years ago.

And this delegitimizes someone wanting to use a pump because why?
Because it's not what a bunch of crusty old drunks use at the local trap shoot?
Admit it you're way too ass mad that someone dares not like your precious over unders.

Pattern it at 16 yards and you'd be able to measure it and tell the type of point of impact, it also could be the profile of the stock and the way you have your head on the gun, check your length of pull. And make sure your not leaning your head over too much, you want your head to be as vertical as you can have it.

Because if he's lying about how he shoots then he's probably lying about everything else he typed.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to shoot a pump. There's nothing wrong with wanting a cheap shotgun. Claiming it is somehow superior to any other type of shotgun for trap is an outright, bold-faced, fucking lie.

>Ok I'm a trap
post pics

Attached: 1511364914354.jpg (1000x1314, 304K)

This, I could hit 25s all day long with a bolt action 12 gauge (there are people at my range that use them) but that's not gonna mean a bolt action is superior to a O/U for trap. No one type of gun is superior for clays, every type has its advantages. But if OP heads over to the skeet field or even tries out different speed trap targets hes gonna be on for a ride awakening with how many he'll miss.

>professional trap shooters
>extended tube semi auto
You wanna know how how you outed yourself as a noguns?

Because Jow Forums is full of poorfags who feel the need to justify typical poorfag purchases and behavior as "superior" instead of just admitting they are poor and thats all they could afford.
You see these kinda threads all the time.

Sorry, but OU's and semi's are better...
at least OU's semis suck balls!

Also, id like to point out that not all O/U are super expensive high quality stuff.
Those $300 ATI O/U are trash.

Why not both?