Noguns here, for what purpose does this thing exist

Noguns here, for what purpose does this thing exist

Attached: ar-15_forward_assist_F.jpg (600x400, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Oh1lyMyejpI?t=57s
archive.org/stream/OperatorsManualForM16M16a1#page/n55/mode/2up
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you not know how to use google you dumb nigger?

Bait.

Forward assist, if the round doesn’t chamber all the way, just press this and it will ratchet the bolt all the way in

It's called the bullet button in California. The reason they're banned is the bullet button does a forward assist which increases the rate of fire like a bump stock, increasing the guns killing potential.

the forward assist? it is to push the bolt carrier group forward into battery (if for some reason it isnt already in battery, like jam or something).
there is some debate about its usefulness though, the idea being if your bcg is jammed, you should find and fix the issue instead of just trying to jam it in and possibly exacerbate the issue.
i believe originally it was added because of the army or marines specifications or something

oh, makes sense, thanks

Attached: dwight the stone jackson.gif (190x200, 1.16M)

Called a foreward assist, it helps the bullets go faster which increases their energy and killing capability.

Its to assist the bolt closing in dirty conditions. In reality its fucking useless for civies, and was only included in the military design because the army sperged out over >muh forward assist

It also wasn’t in the original design and was forced by an Army design requirement that a rifle have a manual charging handle to lock the bolt into battery.

The original (and current) design of the bolt carrier allows you to do everything the forward assist does because it has a little thumb groove in it.

Tbqh, outside of basic training teaching me about it years ago, I have never once used the assist. Re-racking is how it’s done by anybody in the field.

it's useful for closing the bolt quietly while chambering a round. but besides that i cant think of a use for it

To trigger you lmao when you eventually kill yourself, live stream it for us will ya?

The whole “close it quietly” thing is not a reason I’ve ever found documentation on, and seems to be a use thought up after the fact than one built into the design.

I also have never figured how exactly a quiet clambering feature is supposed to be used, considering the military keeps rifles chambered on patrols, and if you’re rechambering it’s because your reloading after having made very load shooty noises.

Charges the bullets up with more pressure to shoot harder

In case you have to assassinate someone but don't have a silencer?

To make sure that when the rifle jams (and it will jam) it gets so fucked up that you'll need a gunsmith to fix that shit.

Ignore these noguns idiots. It was originally a cigarette lighter. Remember, it was designed during a time where it was more uncommon to not smoke.
That's how you can tell original M16s from the newer versions.

I don’t even know where to start with this sentence.

>a use thought up after the fact than one built into the design
well yea, i doubt it was ever intended to be like that. i see it being useful when walking to hunting spot without a round chambered and you come across some deer bedding in the woods, but its very niche and situational

In training, we would use them when doing final checks in a patrol base before hitting an objective.
It's a technique when you have to make sure PVT Pyle actually has a round chambered but don't want to make a lot of noise. Just release the charging handle slowly and hit the assist til it goes into battery.

>be brit
>have SA80
>instead of a forward assist you have to karate chop the cocking handle
>you're taught to forward assist like this every time the working parts go forward...JUST IN CASE

Attached: 1490974016715.png (445x638, 16K)

That's the secondary charging handle for when the first one breaks.

>karate chop SA80
>SA80 turns into two halves of an SA80

>Both halves regenerate and now you have two rifles

you pull it back after reloading a fresh clip.
ideally you want to be strafeing (without making foot noises.)

Hey Jow Forums, what’s this thing called again?

Attached: 21237A34-F735-46C8-A1BA-CF1FB0C61602.jpg (1024x768, 256K)

lizard-esque rifles when?

it's called a tank

Ribbed for his pleasure

The scar where Dr. Goldberg cut off your foreskin
RIP

>you now have an SA40

Nice try faggot.

Attached: 7C1E9FFD-9738-4409-A6C2-4BB2207CA761.jpg (699x637, 47K)

It was developed by FIFA to assist the forwards.

the KNOT
i see you've played this game before

That's the GunClit. A well seasoned marksman knows how to work the GunClit with confidence. It's all about dexterity and metered pressure. You gotta twist and press,twist and pull

>gun no pew
>smaksmaksmak
>gun go boom

Stoner thought it was gay and you should too

That's a barrel foreskin

When not in use, you slide that forward over the end of the barrel to keep birds and rodents out

youtu.be/Oh1lyMyejpI?t=57s

>hitting the FA after inserting the magazine on a closed bolt

It makes the assult rifle 15 fully automatic

To propel projectiles.

Next question.

>3 “bad rounds” in a row from two different magazines

He had it coming for not seeing the signs that his rifle was fucked up.

>that fudd sperging out in the comments
wew

actually only put there because army R&D told stoner his rifle sucked and they needed a way to force the bolt closed for comfort

if I had to guess, i would say home build with improper head space

Also noguns, is that how you cycle the bolt?

It's because of the fact the previous weapons used had external bolt handles that could manually hammered forward or kicked back to clear a jam.

In truth I have never seen ANYONE actually use it outside of basic training.

no, that's the charging handles' job.

Jesus
Fucking
Christ

And you call yourself a weapons board....
>pic extremely related. Vietnam war field manual.

Attached: 1508099844364.jpg (800x574, 150K)

well ive never seen this posted desu

What a fucking idiot

That's not "the manual" that's just that stupid cartoon DA monthly pamphlet that is scattered all over every Army mechanic shop.

People are answering what the part was designed to do, not stuff people came up with after the fact. And while that might be a method to use the FA, the original reason for including the FA wasn't to break water surface tension, that's a pretty niche application. It was to push the bolt into battery to overcome fouling or dirt as part of the requirement by the Army, as the following posts have pointed out:

>FA added when we can invaded a fucking swamp of a country.
>thinks that a device that enables a platoon to safely empty water from their firearms without having 50 men slam their bolts home by the buffer spring is a "niche".
>doesn't realize that soldiers crunching their bolts forward in the sandbox with the FA was the actual coincidental use they found for it decades later.

So, you're like 12 yearsold, right? Because you have zero grasp on the history of the M16 platform.

Try reading the ACTUAL TM for the M16 and M16A1 which specifically outlines the use of the forward assist and specially cautions against riding the bolt forward with the charging handle, as your above cartoon instructs with it's press check.

archive.org/stream/OperatorsManualForM16M16a1#page/n55/mode/2up

If you ever see a gun with this on it, put it down and run away quickly. That's a curiosity booby trap. There's a grenade's worth of high explosive in there that will go off if you push the button.

The FBI gives guns like this out to gun clubs and other domestic terrorist organizations.

It makes minor malfunctions into significantly less minor malfunctions

Kek

Bore evacuator

>37511250
I was gonna make a snarky reply about it not having a purpose, but then I noticed that your fucking picture says "forward assist" in the file name.

0/10 no (you) for you

What would happen if you held the forward assist down and fired a round?

I imagine you'd get a bang but it wouldn't cycle.

Basically this. Used only really by the military when you NEED it to run. When the rifle is dirty or a round just doesn't want to go in nicely.

As a civilian if a round doesn't want to go in you probably shouldn't be forcing it.

Attached: 1518971584237.png (622x466, 541K)

This, or if your FA is cheap it'll break

A fake muzzle brake?

it would hurt your thumb and make a clicking noise as the bolt carrier cycles regularly

The gun wouldn't cycle (duh) and your thumb/hand will get a bite you'll certainly feel. Nothing more, nothing less. Some retards here actually think it would make your gun explode, but welcome to Jow Forums I guess.

>this
curious. Probably would be delightful. why dont you try it senpai?

>As a civilian if a round doesn't want to go in you probably shouldn't be forcing it.
Oh please it's almost guaranteed to just be a round not getting out of the magazine fully, stop your pussyaching.

I'm a nogunz, so i assumed. srry desu

Or you’re new and rode the charging handle home - instead of pulling back again and then getting a double feed - you can just push the FA and chamber the round. This is useful when taking a new person to the range.
Or if you have a need to stealthily chamber a round (hunting, assassin), purposely ride the charging handle and finish with the forward assist.
Or you’re single loading by dropping a round on top of your mag. If you send the bolt carrier forward at max velocity the round with get cockeyed and not chamber. If you go slow and finish with the FA, all is well
There’s three non-wartime scenarios where it’s useful

> if a round doesn't want to go in you probably shouldn't be forcing it.
People who say this when talking about using a forward assist don't shoot ARs.

If you top off a 30 round mag that allow some play for insertion on a closed bolt, meaning it holds 31, and insert it on an open bolt, there's a good chance the first round will need some nudging to get it unseated from the mag. So there's four.

everything you just described is just as easily accomplished by putting your finger on the bcg and pushing it closed...

The FA is a vestigial structure and AR's are fine without it. What possible situation exists where a FA does something that you can't do by simply moving the bcg with your finger? I'm genuinely curious.

>just as easily accomplished by putting your finger on the bcg and pushing it closed...
I think you would have to be functionally retarded to think that is just as easy as pushing a button that doesn't even require you to remove your finger from the trigger, let alone the in-line force it offers over the stupid scallop method. Are you a functional retard, user?

>rifle grows two stocks or two barrels on both ends

See how much force you can exert on the BCG by putting the fat sausage you call your thumb into its side vs using a plunger with a pawl that actively engages from the rear.

And it's not anywhere near convenient as the assist is from any perspective. The assist harms nothing and makes ensuring your round is fully chambered as easy as possible.

>you don't have to squirt her full

I prefer having it. Use it if you've got it, no harm in doing so. It removes any possible chance that you might have accidentally rode the charging handle when running the action. I think any firearm without a reciprocating charging handle needs a forward assist.

Using it because of a malfunction though? No I don't believe that's a wise choice.

go to bed karl

So you admit that everything you mentioned can be achieved with your finger and the bcg? Sure you can keep part of your hand on the grip, but you still lose your full firing grip by breaking your thumb away.

How much in-line force is needed to overcome any of the situations you described? Is there any scenario that requires more force than what you can achieve with your finger on the scallop that the FA can overcome?

THAT'S THE KILL BUTTON SONNY IT EMPTIES THE CLIP

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (5000x5000, 1.07M)

How much force is needed to overcome the scenarios that other user listed? Is it more than what I can do with my finger on the BCG? I've done everything listed here with my AR without my FA and it seems to work fine. I think the ergonomic argument is the only thing it has going for it.
I have normal uppers on my rifles and it does its job, but I've also never had an issue using the BCG directly also. I find it hard to justify its existence.
NO ;^]

I never denied it, I'm pretty sure I made it clear that your method was pretty fucking inferior compared to just using a button that 95% of uppers have
>still lose your full firing grip by breaking your thumb away
As opposed to your entire fucking shooting hand? I wonder which option is more functional, comfortable, and time-efficient

You seem intent on being an obtuse tard so I'll leave you to it

>my AR without my FA
there's the problem, you're some poorfag that bought a firstgen M&P

>I think the ergonomic argument is the only thing it has going for it.
Considering these are guns that's a pretty big deal, especially when we're talking about moving a thumb slightly vs. removing an entire hand. You still haven't countered the point it does nothing to harm the rifle and only makes a vital operation check easier. You are just being contrarian.

I admitted you have an ergonomic argument, but you still have yet to describe a situation where the FA is necessary to deliver enough force to overcome a problem that I can't solve with my finger. There's nothing obtuse about it. I can keep my thumb on the grip and use my middle finger to push it closed, so part of my hand is still on the grip to use a finger, even with my medium sized hands.
All of my uppers are normal BCMs, what are you reading?

>I don't know why anyone would want central heating, a fireplace does the same thing

You can keep your thumb on the grip and push it closed with your middle finger. It doesn't harm the rifle to have (unless you want full use of an ambi charging handle), but I don't think the lack of one is subpar in any way. All of my rifles have them, but I don't feel like I would miss them.

That's the clit.

>You can keep your thumb on the grip and push it closed with your middle finger
I...what? Why would anyone want to do this? That isn't comfortable in the slightest and unless you have ayylmao fingers you're virtually lifting your entire hand away from the grip. This is just convoluted for no other reason than the sake of it.

>keep your thumb on the grip and push it closed with your middle finger
after trying this with my rifle i have deduced you are either a mutant, a retard, or a troll to think this is fine

i think he just came to an opinion and is going all out trying to defend it even when it's pretty much indefensible. that method is just straight retarded

I fit medium sized gloves, and I don't find it difficult. Part of my hand is definitely off the grip, but my gun is out of battery and it needs to be in battery for any action to happen so having my hand all the way there is less of a priority in that moment.
Its about the same hand movement as taking an AK off of safe, which isn't unreasonable to me.

owo

I can make a webm if it helps you guys at all. Seems like its really stressful for you to figure out.

None of that rationalizes anything you have said, it's honestly like you just want to go out of your way to not use a convenient method of operation even if it means adopting bizarre practices. You do you of course, but I can promise you you will not be finding many people using their middle fingers to nudge BCGs closed.

please do it will be even more funny to see it in action

>You can keep your thumb on the grip and push it closed with your middle finger
Nigger what the fuck are you doing do you use your big toe to flip the safety selector also?

Attached: 084.png (600x512, 298K)

I can understand how it seems bizarre if you haven't done it at all before, but the difference in time doesn't exist to me since I use that method primarily. The time to establish a full firing grip after using either method is indistinguishable, and so the existence of the FA doesn't matter to me.
Convenience to me is a matter of timeliness, and if neither method is faster, which is more convenient?

I'm not stressed and have no problem figuring it out, it's just absolutely surreal that you would adopt it to begin with. Go ahead and make a webm, I doubt it will make it make any more sense. I'll look for it in the morning.