Hey Jow Forums, what exactly is a kiloton when referring to bomb? How big would a 1 kiloton bomb be vs a 5 kiloton?

Hey Jow Forums, what exactly is a kiloton when referring to bomb? How big would a 1 kiloton bomb be vs a 5 kiloton?

Attached: B863AA3E-7877-449B-8D40-B6548BD02EB6.jpg (620x313, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General-purpose_bomb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT_equivalent
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1000 tons of TNT equivalent. Less than 5 times assuming you mean destruction potential.

Do we really live in an era in which people can’t deduce what a “kilo” “ton” is from the name alone?

Yes.

>implying Americans learn about the metric system in school and not about how white people need to apologize for slavery

i think op was referring to a more visual representation of what those bombs would look like and what exactly their destruction potential would be. i’ll give op the benefit of the doubt and not assume he’s a retard that can’t deduce
>kilo = 1000
>5 kiloton bombs are 5 times more powerful than a 1 kiloton bomb

I know You're memeing, but both statements are wrong and retarded

I was more asking is it a 1000 ton bomb or was it something that refers to the measurement of an explosion

it is a bomb with the equivalent explosive power to 1000 tons of TNT

It will almost always be referring to a nuclear bomb, because 1000 tons of regular explosives is a fucking lot.

Its 1000 tons. So 20,000,000 pounds

>mfw that was unironically our curriculum
such is life in the deep south, i can only imagine it has gotten worse in the last decade

Attached: anonymous-03-02112-39-no-1921453-if-only-you-knew-how-4010181.png (500x584, 141K)

We get taught both
t. 2015 graduate

It's the Yield, not the weight.

Attached: Nukecloud.png (1600x1200, 181K)

>The "kiloton (of TNT)" is a unit of energy equal to 4.184 terajoules.

>The "megaton (of TNT)" is a unit of energy equal to 4.184 petajoules.

>The kiloton and megaton of TNT have traditionally been used to describe the energy output, and hence the destructive power, of a nuclear weapon. The TNT equivalent appears in various nuclear weapon control treaties, and has been used to characterize the energy released in such other highly destructive events as an asteroid impact.[2]

if you cant figure it out from here, go pick up a physics 101 book or use the internet if you are not a caveman

Although literal weight measures for dumb bombs varies some. This explains it pretty well. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General-purpose_bomb

It's the bomb's en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT_equivalent

Attached: Huron.jpg (773x698, 31K)

>t. 17 year old LARPing Yankee

Tzar Bomba was 50 megatons. Holy shit.

One is one thousand tons of TNT arranged on pallets and detonated. One is five thousand tons arranged on pallets and detonated.

But why can't you do both?

no... we has mandatory desegregation (they take the dindus from the ghetto schools and put them in the good schools)

all of our classes dealt with racism is bad, thanks white people for all our suffering , ewe even had a teacher start talking about "the white man is stealing our culture" because she saw a white kid listening to rap in the hallway (of which there were few, because most people put their kids in private schools once the dindus moved in.

the shit I had to put up with... I joined the military, and by comparison, Even the worst SNCO is nothing compared to when I was in school

we have an entire generation that got trophies just for participating. they require constant praise and validation for doing even the stupidest most basic shit. they can't do anything for themselves and think they deserve a raise for meeting their job description. i fucking hate millennials.