Who makes the best 1911?

Who makes the best 1911?
>Pic related is very pretty

Attached: ss1911.jpg (700x600, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4149nqq3KDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

John Moses Browning

Sig and ruger make good 1911s for under 1k. If your budget is under 600 a company called ati makes good ones too. I found that the higher price you go the better tolerances you get and finishes and stuff like that but reliability goes down because the tolerances are too strict. If you're paying more than 1500 for a 1911 imo it's not worth it.

Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat and Nighthawk are all vying for the top spot and are all pretty close in quality. What the best of those is really depends on the options you want.

And exetershit 1911s are pig disgusting.

Newborn hasguns here. Is it a true 1911 if not chambered in .45 ACP?

First off ATI is not a manufacturer, they’re an importer. Secondly, their guns are not good. Under $600 you’re better off going with Auto Ordinance, Para Ordinance, or Rock Island Armory.

You realize the RIA and ATI guns are both Armscor, right?

Imho I wasn’t impressed with the nighthawk I finger fucked at the LGS, the ed brown on the other hand was extremely nice.

Which nighthawk model was it?

Not true, Armscor makes the RIA guns and Shooters Arms Manufacturing makes the ATI. Both are made in the Philippines

GRP, don’t get me wrong, it was nice but I handled both back to back and I just felt the EB was nicer.

It may have been. I've only shot the Predator and a 9mm Agent 2 but both of them were superb.

Remington Rand

Some gook

Attached: 884C4582-7817-4B98-BBED-0178440C5790.jpg (580x397, 132K)

Shit. Who else is importing the Armscor guns?

Best mass produced one around $1,000 or actual best?
I think Springfield makes the best at around $1,000.
I'm a fan of Wilson Combat for the higher end stuff.

For posterity, what's the best around $500 USD in your opinion?

Political shit aside does SA make decent entry 1911's? Was looking st getting my first and the Range Officer caught my eye/budget.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a bone stock GI lookin' thang. I'm partial t 1911s with the Hi-Power style 'carry cuts' at the front.

Still don't get how people carry them without printing...

Attached: literally how the fuck.webm (640x640, 2.79M)

>Who makes the best 1911?
Tula gun factory.

Attached: 8.jpg (2000x1493, 327K)

Having the gun behind you, the camera in front, and pulling the shirt up before you've turned even halfway to show it probably helps a lot.

I’m extremely happy

Attached: A618FFA9-8656-468A-8008-2EBEAF3A9DD2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

Very nice user.

The predator looks nice, the agent2 seems too race Glock tryhard for me

Thank you and nice dubs to you sir

AHH a distinguished gentleman.
very good to make your acquaintance.
I tip my hat to you.
*tips hat*

For a basic american made 1911 that wont break the bank, auto ordnance would be the way to go in my opinion. They have a bad rep from back in the day but after kahr took over their quality supposedly increased significantly and i have heard nothing bad about them since. I own an AO parkerized 1911 and its exactly what i wanted. If you want something more modernized that wont break the bank go RIA. If money isnt an issue go with dan wesson.

.38 super is the best 1911.

Cabot

Why are bullets named like Saiyan power levels?

Dan Wesson. No question.

Attached: image.jpg (2000x1333, 1023K)

Cabots are decent.

Attached: Cabot-S100-2016-9-of-14-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 288K)

I know Llama is made in the Philippines now but unsure if they are from Armscor

If I had money I'd get one of those, they make some seriously nice looking guns.

If you are going to spend above the $1K range, Dan Wesson is easily the best for the money. Quality and fit easily match Les Baer, Ed Brown, et al, but half the price.

Otherwise, RIA, Springfield (yeah, yeah, traitors, whatever), make great ones for their respective price ranges.

If you're a southpaw and want ambi-safeties you aren't clearing below the $900 mark for any reliable manufacturer, so plan accordingly.

Does Jow Forums hate kimber? I never see kimber when I come here, and from my personal experience kimber beats Springfield 1911s

Learn some pistolsmithing skills and build your own.

Everyone hates Kimber except old dudes who wear button up shirts with the top 3 buttons open and a gold chain nestled in their chest hair. When you were young you idolized that guy cause he had a 98 Corvette and would give you a dollar and tell you to "run along kid me and your dad are gonna discuss important things" but really they talked about fishing and a guy named Larry who was some asshole at the place they worked. Later in life your admiration turned into sympathy, come to find out the guy was kind of pathetic. The Corvette was used, the gold chain was fake, the Kimber was never shot, and the harlots he would take home from the bowling alley were just every day skanks. Poor Roy, tried to blow his brains out in his double wide trailer some years back, but the Kimber probably malfunctioned as they so often do. I heard Roy had a Keltec as his only other pistol, and that's the gun that ended his life's worth of suffering. A fucking Keltec, man. Shit is ponderous.

Press F to pay your goddamn respect to Roy

glock

>kimber beats Springfield 1911s
I have seen a brand new kimber with rust on the barrel and two with broken magazine releases. Kimber is absolute garbage.

Yes, they were driven into the ground by Ron Cohen, the same Jew who's currently destroying Sig Sauer's reputation in the name of cost savings.

>Dan Wesson
>Quality matches Les Baer and Ed Brown at half the price

Dan Wesson is pretty decent for a mid-range 1911, but come off it. This post reeks of "JUST AS GOOD" poorfag rationalization.

Show your guns

Yes. One of the neat things about the design is you can get it chambered in almost anything you want.

>.38 Super
>not .38 Special

Attached: clark_left.jpg (1000x672, 254K)

F

>.38 special
>not .357 magnum

Attached: DSC_2194.jpg (2702x2000, 1.77M)

Fuckin Roy, man. Put the bottle in his mouth every day for most of his adult life, did the same with a gun for the last five. The last day he truly lived was the last day he was shooting back at the VC. His name might have well been on the wall the day he set foot back on US soil. The nightmares, the tears, the regret, it was enough to fill a coffin every night. Roy had trouble making connections with people who didn't have the Dark Understanding. How could they possibly understand what he had seen, how can you connect with someone who has never seen one of their best friends explode into a red mist in a jungle they had no business being in? How can you explain to someone how you rolled a grenade into a hole where the cute little old Asian man had just climbed into? The crunching noise is what stuck with Roy more than anything, like an alarm clock karma had set. Roy often saw his old friends before that alarm went off every night, like Edwards.

>How's it look Roy? Is my leg ok?
>It's good Jeff, you'll be ok. The leg looks as good as new.

Of course, it was laying on the ground ten feet away. Roy was, in fact, impressed by how cleanly it had been blown off.

I'm at work but have a pic of my 2 newest revolvers.

Attached: 20180206_132603.jpg (5312x2988, 3.49M)

THIS 9,001%

Attached: Tokarev_TT-33.jpg (700x466, 143K)

after seeing the commercial where he he is shooting aliens, I cant.

I just cant.

Glock

where is this from?

anyone /starbm/ here?

had mine for about a month now. took it to the range and put about 300 rounds through. had a mag issue once or twice but the trigger is surprisingly good. also cute size!

didn't get mine from jg tho. just a pic. mine arrived in better condition

Attached: star_bm_9mm.jpg (900x600, 219K)

Filipinos.

>inb4 richfags huffing and puffing about their $2000 horsey mark safe queens.

Attached: M1911A1.jpg (2000x1125, 536K)

Is that your J/O crystal?

No but i have star firestar and love it

Attached: 2017-07-17 23.53.07.jpg (2440x1372, 619K)

Man, that thing gives new meaning to the word dickgrips

>their guns are not good
they shoot reliably thats all that matters

>1911
>Not a Colt
Gross

Attached: 1523307818854.gif (266x200, 1.7M)

>Buying a 1911 in 2018
Kek

Attached: fuuuuuugggg.png (549x413, 107K)

Glocksucker get out.

Colts made after colt's first bankruptcy are absolute trash

>Tfw want a Colt Delta Elite
>Tfw 1200 for a 1911

It looks so good though.

get a sig scorpion for 950

the rock islands are better than the ati despite both being flip guns

But it's uglier and the 10mm is the same price as the CDE

I mean heres my range officer compact and I love the shit out of it so my vote is for Springfield armory.

Attached: 20150612_162552.jpg (4160x2340, 3.8M)

>uglier
so you just don't like the FDE color? There are other ones that are a little cheaper like that nightforce tac what ever it is.

F jesus christ

F

fuckin Roy man

STI 2011 best 1911

I had a SIG Scorpion. It looked really nice. It couldn't finish a magazine without some sort of malfunction, even after a trip back to SIG, gunsmith work and EGW parts. SIG USA is shit.

I still want a 1911 though. I keep seeing good reviews on the recent Colt Combat Commander and the Competition Series 70. Anybody own one or have a recent Colt pistol?

Shooting reliably isn’t the only metric to being good

I'd guess RIA probably but IDK. Jow Forums used to praise the value of RIA a lot.

They make good no frills 1911s. Never had a problem with mine. Granted I did change out the grip safety to a beavertail.

>cowboy bullets inside of a magazine fed pistol that never jams and holds more than 6 bullets

Attached: 1523523039214.png (281x339, 183K)

If your dick has finger ridges, then maybe you need to reconsider some things.

Attached: 1522709634726.png (1018x768, 1.36M)

>not masturbating frequently enough for your cock to develop ridges for better grip

1911's have among, if not the best triggers a semi-auto can have, including P210's.

RIA for sure.

This
RIA aren't as nice as the Springfield or Sigs, but they're solid enough to take a beating and you won't feel bad about beating them up. Definitely worth the price they're at

Attached: 1517807698788.jpg (4128x2322, 1.92M)

Correct

Attached: 3dcb3f1753cd420e178ef1e9960a5b95.jpg (1000x1287, 156K)

Para used to before Remington killed them

Attached: para 1911.jpg (3264x2448, 801K)

>Para used to before Remington killed them
How did Remington do that? I'm honestly curious.

I want to spend around $600 for something I'll only take out to the range every now and then. I have had Colts and they were fine but I'm not really into 1911's much anymore. I find I still want one around though so for me I keep thinking about that RIA Tactical II that Hickok45 was playing around with. It checks all the boxes for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=4149nqq3KDc

While this thread is still up, does anyone have a definitive list on who makes 1911(s). From what I searched so far and from what I've seen in ITT it consists of
>ATI/Armscor
>Auto Ordnance/Kahr
>Colt, pretty much a given fact
>Dan Wesson
>Ed Brown
>Kimber
>Les Baer
>Nighthawk
>Para-Ordnance
>Remington
>Rock Island Armory
>Ruger
>Sig Sauer
>Springfield
>STI
>Smith & Wesson
>Wilson Combat
Are there any others to towards the list?

American Classic, Llama, Caspian, Magnum Research(Kahr), Cimmaron off the top of my head

AMT

Attached: 1521515002266.jpg (645x729, 48K)

What's the gayest round I can get one chambered in?

45 acp

nothing says
>I like dick in the ass
like .400 cor-bon.

I got one from Sweaty Ben at Classic. It's a good shooter with FMJ. Doesn't like JHP rounds though. Pulled the magazine disconnect. Mags work well but don't always drop cleanly. It's just a range toy for me anyway.

.22TCM

10mm

Once again, ATI are made by SAM and RIA is made by armscor. Cimmaron is also made by Armscor.

.444 marlin pretty fuckin gay if you ask me

>that list
Your post highlights why the 1911 is more iconic than the Beretta 92 I can't think of another firearm that is made by so many companies.

Not a big fan of Springfield by any means but their 1911 TRP models are pretty reliable and fun to shoot
With that said, if i am soenfing $1.5k on a 1911 i might as fucking well shill out $3k on nighthawk custom 1911. Now if that same trp was $1k flat out the door one would be in my safe rn

Wuth that said, the grios are a little too rough, they really fucking dig into the hands. If it was 9mm recoil it wpuldnt be a issue, but it gets very unpleasant at 100+ .45 in a session imho

Attached: trp.jpg (277x182, 7K)

>checked
Thank you good sir.
>ATI are made by SAM and RIA is made by armscor. Cimmaron is also made by Armscor.
Thank you for the clarification. I'll add that to my list later on.
>why the 1911 is more iconic than the Beretta 92
While most Beretta products don't catch my fancy, to each their own.