ITT we wish

I wish I would have bought an svt-40 when they were $250

Attached: Anatomy-Rifle-USSR-SVT-40-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 119K)

I wish world peace didn’t cost a lot of fuck money.

I got mine for $350. Mine isn't that reliable, but it looks cool

I wish all huwhite people were dead.

KARA BOGA

Got mine for $275 back in the day.

Tuned the gas system on the first day, and have never had a single malfunction even with mixed ammunition.

MFS, Barnaul (RIP) and random combloc surplus all work perfectly.

I wish I had moved to Illinois when I turned 18, couldn't get a FOID, then everything started jumping in price

Got mine for $300

Attached: DSCN1115.jpg (1000x750, 189K)

*Hadn't

I wish I could have gotten one when they were cheap af. If only the import ban was lifted then shit wouldn't be a problem

$199 user, $199.

i wish i could a mas 36

I wish I had bought a chink mauser lookalike .22LR carbine and a lot of ammo while they were still unregulated

I wish I'd been born early enough to buy guns and ammo when they were affordable.

I wish I had registered 1000 3x2x0.125 plates as mgs in 1986. I'd be a literal millionaire by now

I wish I had more time to sneak off to the range.

Attached: 1521769988462.jpg (500x566, 22K)

This. Being born after the surp boom of the early 90s hurts almost as much as seeing gun ads from the 50s.

Attached: FB_IMG_1511411018246.jpg (1365x2048, 283K)

I wish my dad wasn't a cuck who trusted his business partner. I could have an armory but no.

Around Jews you lose man. Your dad should have been smarter

I wish I'd started collecting back when I first thought about it and snagged my Mosin. With the money I've spent in the last year I'd have gotten twice as many guns 10 years ago.

Attached: SOV - M91-30 Mosin-Nagant.jpg (3801x803, 1.75M)

This

Attached: 1432669698428.jpg (577x435, 60K)

WHERE AND WHEN

I wish I would have bought an NDM-86 when they were around $2000

>Passed up on buying 2 880 round tins of 7.62x54r ammo for 100$ 4 years ago
>Bought a .410 break action shotgun that I've shot twice with the money instead
Now I can't find any ammo less than 50 cents a round for my nugget

Attached: 1519193861217.jpg (1021x1349, 100K)

IIRC one of the guys in /msg/ is selling it for less than .50

I wish I hadn't sell my 5 bitcoins at ~300usd/btc..

Canada and 2012

Attached: Screenshot_20180412-145100.jpg (1061x134, 38K)

I wish I would have bought a Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.1 (T) Sniper model for $1000 when I had the chance to.

Attached: 8c12105f26b268f948653a385d606f36.jpg (800x618, 106K)

I wish my Dad had bought that FAL at a gun show for $300 back in the 90s. We borrow each other's guns all the time, so we've both never stopped regretting that one.

I wish I'd bought that guy's WASR at a flea market for $250. I bought his Mossberg 590 he had there for $100 instead, and with that my 18-yo ass was broke. Should have begged or borrowed the cash.

Wish I had gotten my C&R FFL when I turned 21 in 1988

Attached: IMG_1862.jpg (2816x2112, 746K)

Reminds me of when I bought mine. Hand selected it from a rack of them. $250 out the door.

>I wish I had something akin to the Second Amendment in my country
>I wish I could buy a rifle without first having some sort of license (hunting license, sports license)
>I wish I didn't have to invest in a very expensive weapons locker if I want to store my rifle at home
>I wish I could buy and keep a handgun at home without having been in a shooting club for 2 years beforehand, and having been signed off by the club leader as a "responsible person"
>I wish I could buy a semi automatic rifle without having to conjure up asinine reasons for owning one (boar hunting out of country), and then having to defend those reasons to the local police before getting a license for one
>I wish I could get a gun for under $500

But most of all

>I wish my country hadn't been flooded with uncivilized sand people who've caused enough civil unrest for me to want a gun in my home

Attached: 1c9.jpg (500x332, 58K)

Tighten your gas cylinder.

You can't buy that

I wish I was born 25 years before the Hughes amendment and not one year after it....I could have retired with all those full auto sears...

Nah man. Peace sells, but who's buying?

thx m8 imma go grab my passport and delorean

American speaking here. I've had 3 chances to buy an SVT at a fair price for the USA.

2011 $600 ... missed phone call by 1 hour

2012 $800 ... old collector sold it to his grandchild instead when he called if he was interested over me

2014 $1000 buy it now auction, couldn't justify the price with losing my job around that time

Other sorta close ones were both in 2009, but I was just out of high school and strapped for cash

- $600 with a mounted hunter scope and modified section to butt plate

- $500 for one that was painted black on the wood and chromed on exterior metal

I don't understand, what are those?

god bless you. one day the revolution will come.

probably lightning links

Positive thought:

All of the guns that were once cheap are all still out there, sitting in someone's closet.

Eventually, those people will not want them anymore/need to sell them for cash/die, during which we will be able to buy them. They won't cost as little as they used to, but they will all still be very affordable solely because there are so many. It will all come full circle when we are in our middle age/older years.

I mean think about how many people have nuggets. Even if they are going for $350 now, once people start giving them up in any numbers the price will drop. Every collectible item comes full circle like this.

I wish I was raised in the US and got into guns at an early age. Everything I like continually gets more expensive because it's all older stuff.

This is refreshing, thank you.

Attached: ryoko-asakura-thumbs-up.jpg (1920x1080, 662K)

I bought and sold a decent looking, but functionally not great SVT40 in 2013 for 850. I regretted selling it. Then just last year, I was able to get a finn SVT in rough condition, but for only 400 (as it shows on receipt, but it was more like 320). Even if it doesn't shoot, I'm happy.

Kk. Got a good SVT for 300 bucks. The gun itself works, even if it's an Ukie refurb.

The problem is the magazine. It keeps giving me feeding problems (the bullet fails to load properly after the first 2-3 rounds, hitting below the chamber). I guess it has not been properly adjusted to the gun. Has anyone any experience on how to fix this? having only one mag and with their price here being 150+ bucks I'm not particularly willing to experiment. Can't even get "cheaper" repro mags as I'm not in the US.

Nah. Again, I'm not US, but we had the same Milsurp curve, only in with far smaller numbers. Nowadays every Mosin owner wants 500+ eurobucks for his pretty little thing when 10 years ago it was 100. They'll die before lowering the price.

I paid 1200$ for mine D=

Me.

Looks like P&D enterprises in Edmonton

I wish I would've bought that AR15 with a heatshield for a handguard and an A1 upper at the gun show a few months ago for only $650

I wish I would have bought a full auto in 1983.

In a nutshell.

But the widow will sell for less.

True story some people knew I was a gun guy, called me over when helping with an old man's estate and 3 guns. I looked up the values. Told them "don't sell this for less than 350, don't sell this for less 150, or this one for less than 200". You can probably get more but those are your minimum do not sell for less.

Found out 2 months later they let the lot go for 400. The only reason I didn't buy the 22 was because the old man deserved a fair price. If I'd have known they were going to fuck him over, I would have bought the lot and at least benefitted instead of some gunshop owner.

tl;dr
People who settle estates are idiots. Good source to buy guns.

i really like the creativity, but i would re work your metal, if i were you i would take to a gunsmith have em resurface it. as far as the wood, i would re apply some oil and finish it to a constant gradient.