Northern Michigan innawoods etc

So I'm moving from beautiful Texas to fucking freezing, 3 day handgun waiting period, 8 months of snow, state taxes oh boy Michigan. I'll be in the UP just south of Marquette.

Any Yoopers out there? What do I need to know about your frozen hellscape that I can't get from googling gun laws? I hear they might be building a public range somewhere in Sands.

Attached: WNT-7009-07.jpg (850x567, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DZOC1QXTQLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we have no 3 day waiting period. you're welcome.

Hey, that's something.

but you have to get a purchase permit, fill it out, and turn it in to your local PD within 10 days of purchase and then carry the slip with you for 30 days. so theres that

Is that one of those things that you can get around by having a LTC/CHL/Whatever?

nope, just means you dont have to call in the NICs every time you make a purchase (some stores do anyways).

That's only for private sales of pistols

It's not that bad, trying moving to but fuck alaska because of the big green weeny.

For private purchases only, and I do believe the purchase permit thing is waived if you have a cpl but you still have to register it. But at an FFL its just a standard 4473 then you get a slip of paper you drop off at your local sheriffs office.
Mind you this is only for handguns, long guns are the same as anywhere else.

Yes, having a CPL gets around it.

Fucking yoopers. They’ll steal you’re fucking pickled carrots and when peak winter hits they have the GALL to ask to borrow some honey.

Attached: image.jpg (500x333, 154K)

Just know you are occupying rightful Wisconsin clay

Do you want us to take away your shipyard?

LP 616 represent! someone come shooting with me i dont got any friends

>having time to shoot in the 616

Just wait until you get married and have kids. There aren't enough hours in a day. If I'm lucky I get to shoot twice a year. Good thing both my dad and stepdad are RSOs at two different ranges...

Come and take it m8

Its still fucking snowing I hope you know.

Attached: 1506039517520.jpg (600x600, 37K)

which ranges? west walker is fucking shit silver bullet is fucking shit barracks 616 is over priced fucking shit the only good ones are in Dorr lol

It's mid April and some places are supposed to get an inch of freezing rain this weekend.

Attached: gfs-12z-sunday-surface-from-6z-fri-runpng-91b5997f2441773f[1].png (600x450, 354K)

West Walker (yes it's a fudd zone), and one in Kzoo.

I don't know why you're so butthurt about handguns.
Handguns are for cops and inferiority complexes, with a lot of overlap.

231 here, I've heard 12 inches by monday.

i remember the good old days of west walker before retards started shooting houses and building houses down range.. one day we were shooting fine next day they got a bunch of walls built up that you have to shoot through jesus christ that place is garbage now

I hope you mean snow, and not freezing rain. 12 inches of ice stuck to everything will mean no one has power.

This is correct

Welcome to da Yoop friend. Hope you like beer, pasties, and the Packers because THERES FUCK ALL TO DO ANYWHERE IN THIS STATE EXCEPT EAT PASTIES DRINK BEER AND TALK ABOUT THE PACKERS GET ME OUT OF THIS STATE PLEASE

t.cheesehead fag
Fuck off, Wisconsin is full of fat fucks, alcoholics, and fudds.

There's plenty of good hunting and fishing.

How's hunting in the UP?

endless woods as far as you can see with a few thousand lakes scattered across the land. I would say pretty fucking amazing

The deer are all itty-bitty because the flatlanders who come up during opening week shwack anything with antlers. If you're into fowl thats pretty great though.

Thread Anthem:
youtu.be/DZOC1QXTQLk

Michigan is God's land

Also fuck Ohio

Attached: IMG_20170617_182748.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

Jesus christ, where is that? Ive been seeing pictures of that lake that looks "better than the bahamas" I forget what the lake is called we got so many of them you know

Torch lake actually i do remember torch lake is the name

Attached: B99313565Z.1_20151012082900_000_GDAK155D.1-0.jpg (534x712, 55K)

>pretending Michigan is any different

Stay away crom anybody named Hodges in the town of. Calumet. Most of them are snitches.

Fellow 616 here. Wish I had some time, hitting the gun show on alpine tomorrow though.

SEE YOU THERE BRO! I'll be walkin around with a big bald man with a mustache aka dad look out for two 6'3 dad bod guys walking around looking at cool shit. i'll be going around 10 am

I'll be with my wife. I'll look out for you. Any key phrase to tip you off that isn't autistic?

i'll wear my multicam anorak i doubt anyone else will be wearing one. just say hey i think i know you or some shit

The UP is exactly that but with more incest and 40 year olds fucking underaged meth skanks. Honestly if Wisconsin wanted it, I’d give it back. It’s a massive loss of tax money to keep afloat a barren woodland that has next to no economic value.

The UP deer are tiny because they all starve during winter. Literally like half the herd dies off or some shit. More of it’s a really bad year.

Also we don’t come up there to deer hunt. Our hunting is remarkably better down here where deer actually have the food required to grow large.

The UP is a shithole. It is the Mississippi of the northern states.

I'll wear a Led Zeppelin shirt, see you there

Lived in Eagle River for two years. It's pretty awesome desu. They also have road clearing down to a science in the winter.

beware the Finns, for they have knives. Don't tease or tempt the Dogmen. And find a nice chubby girl for warmth.

>suppose to drive from bay city to Mackinaw tomorrow for a wedding. I may die in a ditch, its been a helluva ride anons, I wish you all the best in the wars to come.

Yoopee is great all-round for shooting. Most of the land is public, so you can just romp around and shoot shit. Just look at the DNR map for that kind of thing. Theres a great range in Baraga; up to 500yds for long range.

You're in Dogman country, OP. You better prepare, they'll be out and about in 9 years.

user we are getting between 1/4 and 1” tomorrow. If you don’t want to die, stay home. Besides, power will be out everywhere that far north.

>3 day handgun waiting period
What? No such thing.

That’s of ice, not snow, for non-mittenfolk. Pure fucking ice.

Get used to it. Winter is 9 months at a minimum.

Then it’s at least a month of mud season.

This state really is hell

Yeah the friend I'm having check out the property I'm looking at actually said she'd take a look when the snow clears. Fucking insane. I must be crazy.

It is, but everywhere else manages to be worse some how.

Does Texas have No-Fault insurance? If not, boy are you in for a fucking surprise when you get an insurance quote.

this.

you have to turn in a sales record to your PD after purchase but there is no waiting period.

>a month

That's if we don't get another spring like last year

Who else is voting for the poo in the loo for the lulz?

We dont need you here.

sales record is for pistols only too

Based on the pop projections for the UP it sounds like you need all the tax paying fresh blood you can get.

>hippity hoppity stay the fuck off my peninsula

Yoopers are Canadian rape babies. Prove me wrong.

231, yea like 10-12 but I'll take that over ice. Transplants are freaking out. It'll snow until June so get used to it.

At this rate it will just stay winter.

And fuck the pajeet. You can’t love guns and vote for him. His English is worse than some FOBs I’ve met at Dow.

The UP needs literally every dime. Your hellscape only subsists off of trollbux. We’re it not for tourism and gibs, you’d all starve if you didn’t freeze to death first.

4 seasons of fun

Winter
Pothole
Construction
Hunting

I hope you like board games because that's all you're going to do for months on end when you're snowed in and the cable is out.

Shovelin and Swattin.

>not already having a propane generator
Transplant

The UP is beautiful for 3 months out of the year. Outside that it's a muddy / snow covered / frozen shit hole of poverty and illiteracy. Some guy earlier in the thread called it the Alabama of the north. That's not fair to Alabama because at least the weather there is nice most of the year.

That's why you have a snow door.

OP here. Fuck is a snow door?

I called it the Mississippi of the north. Alabama at least has decent coastal fishing and good weather in some areas.

What the fuck is bringing you there? I hope you're getting paid out the ass. The good news is the UP is pretty fun, because you can do whatever the fuck you want. As mentioned before, most of the deer hunting isn't that great, but there's some good watefowl hunting to be had. If you make it to Marquette, try Lake Superior Pizza Company calzones. They're pretty good. Gun laws are pretty chill, and the law enforcement is generally pretty cool in the UP. As other people mentioned, be wary of the Fins, especially any that you meet in real remote areas. All in all, it ain't that bad. If you make it to Detroit, I'll buy you and the Mrs all the booze you can drink.

I love this map, where do you get them?

Shut up, Fudd.

Agreed. It's gorgeous land. Some of the best you can find.

This is no joke. Get your auto quotes before you move. I can't stress this enough.

Attached: Michigan Spooks.jpg (971x974, 352K)

It's a door on your second story that doesn't have stairs going to it. You use it to get out when you have 10+ feet or when you get 5+ feet over a weekend.

Attached: June 18-21 2011 Vestal Backyard and Cutler Gardens 012.jpg (1600x1200, 222K)

Attached: 1278545461856.gif (300x169, 1010K)

It's an exterior storm door that opens in, so that when the snow drifts against the house, the door doesn't get held shut, so you can carve your way out of the house and dig a tunnel to the shed you keep your snow machines in.

Buy an Arctic Cat Crossfire 700, you can get them for cheap and they are really good all purpose sleds.

Also don't fuck with the Finns, they'll gut you with a smile, feed your corpse to their hogs, and the get a mechanic's lien on your car so they can apply for a title in 6 months.

The UP is a great place, but if you don't enjoy winter sports, you'll hate it for most of the year, because you can ski and snowmobile for 6 to 8 months depending on the year and no one likes spring because you can't do anything and the entire world is nothing but mud.

Seconding this.

Also if you're anywhere but Marquette, fucking lol, enjoy the methheads.
But my best advice is fuck off. You and every whiny gay faggot in this thread bitching about the UP can suck a shotgun. If you can't appreciate this area, you're a broken human being.
>the deer suck
This is the call of a lonely dickhead, if you have a single friend or family member, then you know someone with a well maintained camp.

Attached: trnbysmle.jpg (3000x1839, 3.96M)

>Finns

Funny enough, I already know a whole family of Finns up there. With any luck they'll ease my integration.

Summers are just as beautiful as the winters are cold. Dead river and Sugerloaf are decent public places to go hiking, if you go when the college shits are gone (NMU gets out first week of May, counting the days.) Trust me, summertime here is some of the best weather in the world.

I'll be south of Marquette. Gwinn but probably close enough to Sawyer to smell the meth cooking.

if there's a knock at your snow door its not the neighbor asking to borrow your bad dragon, its a dogman, act accordingly.

Trolls get out, fuck off we're full

You'll be dead in a week.also I strongly urge you to take a winter driver course.

It's the family (and extended family, because there are like 2 dozen of them) of my GFs best friend. I guess I should just stay on their good side so they'll let me use their sauna.

It's from mlive.

Attached: 1522109126931.jpg (829x960, 485K)

be careful. if you're in Gwinn proper, you've got a lot of drugs around you, if you're on the highway around you should be okay, but have protection close by. Also you're closer to Gladstone then Marquette, you'll sound like an asshole if you tell people you're "just south of Marquette"

>that feel when no sweaty Finns to beat you with birch boughs and feed you funny tasting pork

Here's the projected snowfall through monday evening.

Attached: Final-NDFD-total-snow-13z-fri-forecast[1].jpg (600x450, 89K)

Looking at 10 acres out in the sticks so I should be rural enough to avoid most of the douchebaggery.

>Texan trans in the UP

Gonna sound like an asshole no matter what he says

THIS

Jesus fuck please learn to drive in snow and ice. Also the Finns we're talking about aren't just people who are descended from Finnish immigrants, they are Laestadian Lutherans. You'll know them from their 6 foot tall blonde daughters with serious 5head that are married by 16 and have shit out 5 kids by the time they are old enough to buy beer at any liquor store that isn't run by another Laestadian Lutheran.

If the boys are allowed to play sports, they will be the best players on the team, and they are generally very intelligent people (I had a "liberal Laestadian Lutheran family in my town, their oldest daughter was valedictorian. They were liberal in that they let her wait until she graduated to get married), but they see people in two categories, Laestadian Lutherans and human chaff. Many practice home birthing and don't report the children to the government, I know one family that uses one social security # for all the boy children and another for the girls and as far as the government knows, they've got two children, not 14.

One day they will turn the US into a lilly white ethnostate, but on that day all of the """whites""" will be pushed into the oven as well.

Wait until I stick a big ass Texas flag in my front yard.

>away from deushbaggery

Have you met Cletus? Because he thinks he owns your land. Invest in trail cams and no trespassing/hunting signs, a duck ton of them and make freinds with the local popo and fire departmet

I hear the lake is cold enough that bodies don't float back up..

perfect. that's exactly how to live if you aren't in marquette.
you have bad cops though, the mqt county highway officers are the bad ones. just be courteous

Take vitamin D supplements or you'll get depression :3
Don't fuck with the moose
Dress in layers during the cold months
Roads a shit
Don't fuck with the moose

Cletus has family and friends that know where he goes "hunting"
You got the good ol boy system down south right? Well its a little different here

Muh family has been hunting that land fer generations. It just ain't right that we can't hunt here anymore.

It just ain't right.

Winsconsin here
I drive up to the UP and kill doe every few months
fuck Michigan

Holy shit yes. Vitamin D or you'll get serious depression.