What are your Jow Forums approved books?

What are your Jow Forums approved books?

Attached: 41eTYPIKfwL._SX367_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (369x499, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bulletpicker.com/pdf/TM 31-210, Improvised Munitions Handbook.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Ahz3x38-aqk
quora.com/profile/Roland-Bartetzko
billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Das Kapital

My Struggle/Mein Kampf

Attached: bf567f47b743af1181bf19b00b7f6992202ad30e (1).jpg (450x600, 168K)

Ender's Game
Starship Troopers
We Were Soldiers Once.. and Young
Going After Caciatto (more anti-war than not)
The Thing's They Carried
Cold Mountain
The Interrogators (about intelligence gathering interrogation in Afghanistan highly recommended)

Have you actually read it? Terrible book.
>>>/leftypol/

Reading Atlas Shrugged right now but being a libertarian is modern meme

Oh and I'll add a couple fun reads
>Marine Sniper
Not the most advanced piece of literature, but this covers Carlos Hathcock's experience one of the most renowned snipers in Vietnam. If I recall it opens with him blasting some gooks a million miles away away with his .50 cal mounted with an optic.
>Rogue Warrior
Book about Rick Marcinko covering the establishment of SEALs, Vietnam, and more. Pretty good.

Atlas Shrugged is shit. The Fountainhead is a much better read. Objectivism is a meme though.

>implying anthem was not her best book

anything heinlein is a got tier Jow Forums book

military manuals and combat systems trade publications

Attached: D320354E-5F88-4563-BCFF-F96DC616DEBE.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

There is some pretty cool shit on gutenberg.org.

"History of the Gatling Gun Detachment" by John H. Parker, the guy who successfully used machine guns for the first time ever, in the Spanish-American War. Pretty fun read. Or "In the Foreign Legion" by Erwin Rosen, who spent a few years in the Legion in around 1905, real grimdark stuff.

archive.org has a copy of hatchers notebook, its probably the most comprehensive source on firearms information written by an autistic army general

"The Killer Angels" by Michael Shaara, a classic about the battle of Gettysburg during the American Civil war.

Or "Jungle Patrol" by Vic Hurley, about the fighting done in the Philippines after the American occupation.

>Objectivism is a meme
Wew sorry your feelings got in the way bb

If you havent seen the show and want an idea of how fucking stupid military heirarchy can be sometimes.
>Generation Kill
One of the soldiers in it wrote his own book:
>Making of a Marine
Nathaniel Fick, generation kill gave me a good impression of him as a leader and a soldier and I really liked his book.

In regards to actual k approved.
Try On War by Clausewitz. Its a pretty good breakdown of the factors of war.
Coupled with the art of war you can get a pretty good strategic head on you.

On the afternoon of January 16, 1942, three men boarded a TBD Devastator aircraft -- a low-wing, single-engine torpedo-bomber -- for an antisubmarine patrol flight. Although it was to be a relatively short flight, they became lost. When the fuel ran low, they decided to ditch into the Pacific. Before they could get their life raft to inflate, however, the plane sank beneath them, carrying most of the survival gear down with it. Thirty-four days later the raft landed on Puka Puka, a New Zealand governed atoll in the Danger Islands, having meandered 1,200 miles!

The story of the voyage, with few resources except courage and indomitable human spirit, is not only inspiring listening, but a tribute to the human species and its will to survive. The miraculous escapes, especially the passage over a killer reef and the reaching of safety only a day ahead of a typhoon, also suggest that someone was looking over them!

i really enjoyed this one

Attached: 51yNqF9ajjL._SL500_.jpg (292x500, 39K)

A Reckoning For Kings

The 13th Valley, by John del Vecchio
The World as Will and Representatio, by Arthur Schopenhauer
Guerrilla Warfare - a Manual, by Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Väinö Linna's book Tuntematon Sotilas / Unknown Soldiers.

Attached: Tuntematon_sotilas_kansi.jpg (170x260, 12K)

>Objectivism is a meme

Attached: 1479565764632.png (499x338, 38K)

>Sun Tzu
You're looking for rice farming tips?

Fields of Fire
Storm of Steel
Fangs of the Lone Wolf (shit name; it's a good collection of Chechen tactics and anecdotes from the Russian/Chechen wars)

archive.org has a lot of good stuff.

Attached: A_Long_Way_Gone.jpg (256x387, 17K)

Left of Bang

Kaigun
It's an interesting read as it describes the tactics and strategy of the Imperial Japanese Navy from it's inception to the beginning of The Second World War. Goes really deep into the construction of the various ship classes and their intended rolls describing the problems and such they had attempting to have a navy that can take on anyone and win.

Der Wille zur Macht

Book is so good that marxists have for decades tried different ways to bury it

gravities rainbow.
War of nerves.
Agent zigzag.

The core rulebook of tails of Equestria

Gates of fire by Steven Pressfield is a great read for anyone into old school shit.

Attached: 1305.jpg (314x475, 39K)

Sven Hassel - Legion of The Damned

Don't know if sven hassel series as whole is Jow Forums approved but at least first book deserves some recognition.

Slaughterhouse 5(1969) depiction seems like it was stolen from second(1958) or third book(1960) of sven hassel, can't remember which one had that firebombing.

Attached: sven hassel.jpg (220x315, 14K)

"The Commando" by Ben McKevley is a detailed account of one of the best soldiers in Australias lesser known special forces team

Ender's Game, space bug fucker, children are magic smart and will not get molested by bugs. I call bullshit on that

>A long, long way
Fiction. Metal as fuck WW1 battles with irish conscripts. Includes shelling, trench horrors, failed human wave attacks, and getting gassed by the krauts, with a special appearance of the IRA mowing down other irish conscripts in dublin

>with the old breed
The series the pacific was based off this. 100% non fiction. Even more metal as fuck, if you considered joining the infantry this shit will knock some sense into your head.

>band of brothers
Good non fiction, self explanatory. Its a bit dry compared to the other two but if you like history and ww2 youll love it.

Attached: 12.png (720x1080, 31K)

To Hell and Back. Ghostwritten, and some bits have been altered, but if you look Audie Murphy up it makes for good reading. Actually quite funny at parts.

Bland self help book dressed in retarded psychoanalysis.

I liked it.

Attached: ff.gif (1324x2118, 794K)

*depiction of dresden firebombing

My engrish gets worse when I try to make it more understandable.

Wasn't it a combination of selectively breeding certain children and then training them almost from the point where they were old enough to walk, talk, and do basic math?

Much appreciated.

bulletpicker.com/pdf/TM 31-210, Improvised Munitions Handbook.pdf

Attached: hyuuga.gif (500x400, 301K)

Whoa slow down there, you actually have to be smart enough to read them.

If I recall they would take the smartest kids in the world at around 8-12 and start training them, yes. Bean, for example, was a super genius genetically modified clone of some dude.

Jonathan T. Gilliam
Sheep No More.

Attached: 81jwup2CXxL.jpg (1400x2100, 346K)

Attached: not-atf-30154975.png (500x506, 114K)

My. Nigga.

The calligraphy says: little dick wanker chan

For Sci Fi?
Hammer’s Slammers
Old Man’s War
Starship Troopers
Armor
The Forever War
A Roadside Picnic

For non sci fi?
Catch-22
Johnny Got His Gun
The Things They Carried
The Anarchist Cookbook (its actually not that great, especially since so many online PDFs with more detail exist)
Rainbow Six

The White Donkey by Maximillian Uriarte

Tiger Force by Michael Sallah

I’ve read these two recently. The White Donkey really stuck with me even if the ending was a little fay

Nice b8, but riddle me this: if objectivism isn't a meme then why did Ayn Rand turn down every offer to defend her philosophy in a public space?

protip: it's not because she knew there were no arguments against her reductive memeosophy.

Attached: libertarianpolice.png (1348x1243, 317K)

The Storm of Steel and Eumeswil by Ernst Junger

Bumping with the age old question “is World War Z Jow Forums approved?”

The American/A Very Private Gentleman.

Its about a gunsmith who makes custom weapons for assassins

Attached: American-RugerMini14-1.jpg (420x300, 93K)

You're really not worth debating, frankly. If you can't see the value in free economic exchange, no one is going to talk you out of your comfy little box.

Attached: 1519676420669.jpg (1536x2560, 958K)

>Book Thread
>ctrl-f "Blood Meridian"
>"Phrase not found"
I weep for Jow Forums

god tier k
> fry the brain
> war of the flea
> sketchy .TXT from before TOR was a meme
> watership down
> the wikipedia synopsis for "the prince"
> the wikipedia synopsis for "on war" from klawshwitz
> the day of the jackal

pretty good
> dune
> our old boy ender
> things they carried
> stuff from hemingway
> catch 22

you gotta read it anyway
> art of war
> slaughterhouse

anthem is OK. literally every other time she put ink on paper is pure trash.

Maybe “we the living” is ok, for what it is. It’s the story about the time big borscht used bench grinders to destroy her ovaries

this poster is right about Rand. the idea that people will be happier because they are less productive and more isolated is patently ridiculous

Art of war had some great quotes.

Really though I liked 'Sniper One' by Dan Mills

Attached: syria 1018.jpg (600x326, 40K)

she put her philosophy into public space in the most committed way possible.
"english is my 2nd language" russian chick not wanting to debate isn't proof one way or the other of anything other than she didn't want to debate

oh heck i missed out on our boy Cormac

god tier needs "no country for old men." I can't speak for blood meridian yet because i haven't found a free PDF

Any fiction that are autistjc about guns?

I don't know if it's quite there, but the Republic Commando series is pretty autistic. In the best way possible, I think. It's military fiction with a thin veneer of star wars, basically.

>Fry the Brain

+1 to this. Really good look at urban guerilla warfare (more specifically sniping) through modern history.

The JFK chapter is funny. The author rejects the conventional version of history in such a matter-of-fact way.

the JFK chapter is absolutely crazy. IIRC he has like 30 people, plus babuska and suitcase guy.

He breaks down each of the 17 shots he believes were fired. I believe none of what he wrote on the subject

Are the Bourne books any good?

only for humor value... the guy who wrote it only knew about things military by what he saw on Spike TV

Oddly enough at Fort Irwin in the mid 80s we actually gamed out what we do if zombies attacked. ( Best War Gaming Club Ever! We actually took out gear and tried stuff out as a "training exercise" )The best idea was M113s with firing ports and a lot of ammo see youtube.com/watch?v=Ahz3x38-aqk

Suggestions was to take M14s from armory and do single shot clean up. EOD gear for gunners and guys with pistols to pick off hull intruders

Simply owning this book will get you put on several 'lists'.

Attached: image .jpg (237x346, 20K)

What does your boo/k/ collection look like?

Here is one of my shitty Walmart book cases.

Attached: 20180415_213715.jpg (2121x4032, 3.95M)

So does frequenting this website.

This is the other one

Attached: 20180415_214044.jpg (1962x4032, 3.81M)

Of all the tired and regurgitated genre shit that gets posted you can just read Anabasis instead and pretend you grew up in an era where schools educated people.

i read another book he wrote, the blood circle or materses circle. Something like that. It was fine. I don't know how much tradecraft you can put in a novel.

I do like le carre, tho

hard pass desu

Black Hawk Down
The Last Hundred Yards, H John Poole
On Thermonuclear War,
Command and Control,
The Sling and the Stone, Thomas Hamm
On Gurella Warfare, Mao
The Prince, Machiavelli
The Art of Seduction, The 33 Strategies of War, The 48 Laws of Power, Greene
The Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius
...no doubt I will remember more.
thank you for posting We Were Soldiers and The Interrogators.
That man's mustache has it's own chapter in Wikipedia.

everything i know about art of seduction man suggests he's a hiphop let-me-tell-you-how-to-be-more-miserable meme

because it's pretty bad. the best he can offer you is lonely nights negging and pyrric victories in power struggles with people who could have been friends.

pic related is the same thing but not as retarded. If you can carnegie without cucking yourself all the way, you'll be doing a lot better than "this only looks like a dinner date because i've carefully arranged my legs in a power play" robert green

Attached: meme.jpg (322x499, 36K)

Some Fiction and some nonfiction I'll try not to recommend the same ones other do

Kaigun: Strategy, Tactics, and Technology in the Imperial Japanese Navy, 1887-1941

Forlorn Hope Dave Drake Mercenaries are sold out by their employer and forced to flee

One Second After by William R. Forstchen EMP weapon guts the US heartland

Frontlines Series by Marko Kloos

SNIPE HUNT: A Viet Nam War Novel by David Allin

TUNNEL TALES: From Vietnam by Robert F. Burgess

that's pretty great.

>THAT AWKWARD 5 MINUTE SEX SCENE WHERE HE EATS HER OUT IN THE MOVIE

was not expecting that when watching it with family

>canned spark plugs
Is there anything in ww2 that wasn't canned?

>faces of the enemy: reflections of the hostile imagination
>on killing: the psychological cost of learning to kill in combat and society
>mistakes were made (but not by me)

people are ultimately trash and you should know that to defeat them.

Attached: 51m5LB4tCLL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (386x499, 50K)

i miss when i was a newfag and i could say wrong stuff and people would argue with me. I'm the oldest here and wisest and i never get to type yelling words at anyone other than pants-on-head tripfaggots

its impossible to find it anywhere?

dummy you can only find it in places where it exists

Attached: 71EFdZ5EskL.jpg (987x1622, 241K)

here is moar,
Why They Fight, John Keegan
Total Resistance, H VonDach
The Western Way of War: Infantry Battle in Classical Greece, Victor Davis Hanson
The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi
Ulysses S. Grant: Memoirs and Selected Letters, Ulysses S. Grant
Sherman: Soldier, Realist, American, B.H. Liddell Hart
Memoirs of General William Tecumseh Sherman, William Tecumseh Sherman
Seven Pillars of Wisdom, T.E. Lawrence
Knight’s Cross: A Life of Field Marshall Erwin Rommel, David Fraser
Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War, Robert Coram
For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemingway
The Iliad & The Odyssey, Homer
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
Meditations, Marcus Aurelius
The Red Badge of Courage, Stephen Crane
Not Jow Forums related but required reading:
The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoevsky
Walden, Henry David Thoreau
Into Thin Air, Jon Krakauer
Lives, Plutarch
To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee
The Histories, Herodotus
Self-Reliance & Other Essays, Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nicomachean Ethics, Aristotle
Fear and Trembling, Soren Kierkegaard
The Last of the Mohicans, James Fenimore Cooper
Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Friedrich Nietzsche
Leviathan, Thomas Hobbes
It appears that you have misunderstood Bob Greene.

Then it is a misunderstanding i developed from reading his book "an arbitrarily high number of self-contradictory rules about power"

also, OPpenheimer's list.

Attached: 1496667866096.png (857x339, 41K)

The introductions explain the point of his philosophy rather well. Perhaps you're just too agreeable.

i am too agreeable and an inclusion of more aggressive behavior would, in fact, improve my life.

however, i'm not the type of person to buy the book. The book is the exclusive property of already stoned-to-the-bone ego fanatics who will use the ideas to accelerate their douchebaggery.

the core concept of the book is that "life is a chess match." This guy is nine flavors of fedora mixed with that guy who asked you to spell ICUP in the 4th grade. And he's telling you to fight everybody, including the people who would be more useful if they trusted you

our epic nuke threads shouldve been compiled into a book. minus the shit posting.

why would you take out the best part?

This is required kommando material. there's a lad who killed many times in bosnia and kosovo.
People ask questions about war and he answers them.
His name is Roland (not that one, another roland)

quora.com/profile/Roland-Bartetzko

He is telling you first to remain conscious of the facts that most people you know are trying to manipulate you and almost zero people will ever love you. Everyone you know is pulling your strings to try to extract maximum benifit from you, even your own family. In order to be able to get what you need, including what you need to privide for those you actually care about, you need to act intentionally in the world. You need to learn how to motivate and inspire your friends and followers, you need to learn how to seduce the useful and wanted, you need to learn how to out compete your competition and how to destroy your enemies. You will have enemies.

Also, you must never assume that people you care about will never harm you. You must be prepared for that too.

If you think manhood is being duchy, just quit now, drink soy, and let better men fuck your wife while you raise their children and go through life wearing a chastity belt everywhere you go.

I've found this to be a helluva good read -- the moreso because most of the rest of the German army regarded tanks with a high degree of suspicion, and wanted them used to support the infantry, if at all.

Attached: achtung panzer.jpg (320x499, 37K)

Attached: 9733C6B7-DCBB-44A0-BADE-4822D96EE2CA.jpg (344x256, 23K)

where the flip did you get any of that maybe one of us has the wrong guy

there's a huge difference between manipulate everybody and "inspire your friends." Almost nobody is "pulling strings to get the most out of you," unless they read his book. Users are so easy to identify and ignore it's ridiculous

You just were confused about what it means to be a man and stumbled across his book first. You could have been a nazi or a commie. If you'd tripped on a bible, you'd be a jesuit. If you'd read ayn rand, you'd be telling me about the way the free market can cure drug addiction.

i think the real issue here is that zero people will ever love you. Wanna know why? cause you're a douche quoting this faggot green.

Even when it comes to wanton use of power in day-to-day living, Machiavelli is a much better teacher

has any recommended Metro 2033 yet?

billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf

Never ask Jow Forums for our approved reading. Jow Forums's rather dumb guns-wise. It's absolutely positively retarded regarding absolutely everything else.

Let me just give you the quick summary of every "Jow Forums reads" thread ever:
>Jow Forums reads that have changed my life towards more political shitposting on Jow Forums about ideologies that I know nothing about and which belong on Jow Forums about as much as that malign tumor belongs in the depths of my colon. Specifics may vary but Junger is as inevitable as the shitposting itself.
>I don't care that good soldiers are universally horrible writers YOU MUST READ this totally based on real event autobiographical trench fiction piece about spec ops in Vietnam.
>World War Z memeing.
>Memoirs of some Civil War and WWII generals. You know all their names since forever, and so does the guy who advises those - that's exactly how he found them.
>a mountain of shitty combat fiction. Emphasis on "shitty", not on "fiction".
>HEIN LEIN HEIN LEIN HEIN LEIN HEIN LEIN HEIN LEIN HEIN LEIN HEIN LEIN HEIN LEIN
>exactly 2 actual Jow Forums books on history and theory of armaments that are however literally PAINFUL to read. You're not going past page 9 before dropping it and that's stretching it. Be fucking honest.
>self help by crossposting robots. You're not fooling anyone, faggots.
>Ancient US and Sov FMs and regulation booklets. To be meticulously downloaded, organized, and NEVER touched. Aside from that one with a chapter on entrenching - you can screenshot those illustrations as ammo for your heated argument about proper drainage for a trench shelter.
>a lone mention of Roadside Picnic by a lone stolkir who should really GET OUT OF HERE
>exactly 5 actually great books that some Jow Forumsommandos happened to read and include by accident. Fortunately, they are Jow Forumsommandos, so they just couldn't avoid wasting those opportunities to actually develop taste and stop being plebians.
>Generation Kill

Attached: 15066756233930.png (607x945, 659K)

You grossly misunderstand the motivations of everyone you know.

I listed Machiavelli's Prince as a reccomended book.

And you lack empathy and probably belong on the spectrum.

pick one
> everybody is a sheep and i can take what i want
> the world is dangerous and tina at my office is going to impregnate my woman if i don't manspread hard enough

nobody has motivations they just wanna
1. go home, shitpost
2. get hammered, get sloppy blowjobs they won't remember
3. go to work pay the bills

honestly, those three things cover almost 100 percent of all human motivation. In the modern world, nothing is scarce. The need for competition, with the possible exception of mate selection, is fully obsolete.

This might change, but the fact is, i can get anything i want without taking anything from anybody. And you've got nothing you want.

people who could have been your friends or lovers distrust you

>In the modern world, nothing is scarce.
Intelligent posts on one Laotian snake-charming forum certainly are.