OOF

OOF

amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/20129/f-22-raptor-came-to-a-rest-on-its-belly-during-major-mishap-friday-at-nas-fallon?source=dam

Attached: download.jpg (790x444, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JylK4HuKMvQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Attrition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gust of wind from arsewards?

It's just sleeping

Stance fags.
Back to now.

the vatniks and communist chinese are gonna jump on this one boys
>pilot makes a mistake and pulls his landing gear up to early
>communist chinks and vatniks still use it as an excuse to hate on American technology and twist it in some way to make it sound worse than what actually happened.
If i knew you guys IRL i would bet you all 10 dollars that this is exactly what would happen.

The thing I'm most curious about, are the Chinese copies so good that they have to ground their fleet to make sure this doesn't happen to their "planes?"

Attached: 1436307223781.png (525x486, 423K)

That's going to be expensive to buff out.

It's everyday bro

Attached: 1523566101736m.jpg (1024x1024, 205K)

if you knew us all personally you wouldn't have to come to Jow Forums in order to fill that deep pit of despairing loneliness that is slowly swallowing you up inside.

8 years under an illegal immigrant President ladies and gentlemen.

stop I come to Jow Forums to have a sense of comradery, to talk to people who share my own intrest not to be reminded of my loneliness.

10/10 great meme.

another one?

damn wont be any left by the time they actually need to use them.

don't forget, you're here forever

i know and i love it

:)

>F22 warming it's belly on the sunbaked tarmac
Cute

how does a god damn raptor pilot make stupid mistakes like that. Don't they need thousands of hours in fighters before they get a raptor?

>damn wont be any left by the time they actually need to use them.
When will you need it? It's quite possibly the most useless plane in existence right now.

affirmative action and diversity in action. it will happen a lot more often now.

It's a rite of passage every airframe goes through

Attached: b-1b_recovery_1.jpg (960x625, 53K)

>T-14 tank driver makes a mistake
>fatniks point out that everything is the problem
>F-22 pilot makes a mistake
>fatniks point out that it was an accident and should not be held against the air frame, the pilot or the company (Lockheed) or even the Jews.

Face it fatniks, the air frame cannot take the stress and the entire fleet will be grounded because it's not safe enough to use unlike superior Chinese steel that is indigenously developed in Shenzen.

>uses unironically fatnik
>expects to be take serious

It looks so odd, like someone just shopped it with the smudge tool and forgot to paint the shadows on the ground

One of them was during a parade though. You’d think that of all the times you shouldn’t fuck up, it’s be in front of a crowd.

Now prepare for the standard vatnik screeching.
>REEEEEEEEE
>IT WASNT ON A PARADE, IT WAS JUST A REHEARSAL

oh i remember, they have women and nigger pilots, bet it was one of them.

Welp mistakes happen even if you do not want them to happen.

>parade
rehearsal

dunno why it reminds me of this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=JylK4HuKMvQ

> mechanics gently petting the bone and whispering "it's ok girl"

>One of them was during a parade though
Parade rehearsal.

It's actually better to put a fresh pilot in a new plane, no bad habits being carried over and a much shorter adjustment time.

Go home, Jow Forums.

USAF pilot training is one of the last non-affirmative action places left in the country. It is still 95% white dudes, and the 5% of the others are actually good enough to be in fighters.

Wah!
What are we going to do on the tarmac?
CRUNCH =3

Lewd
Where my S T A N C E bros at

>Criticize EU for too many Muslims
To be fair, there's three mosques in Moscow, and 460 in London. Furthermore Russian Muslims are in Russia because Russians conquered their regions. They didn't come there in the last two or three decades.
>Rimon 20
...was an ambush. It's often used to show some incredible superiority of Western equipment, but it doesn't really do that, since it was an ambush.
>''monkey model''
What about it? It's a fact Soviets exported downgraded equipment to Third World.

Lul what? Do you know how many YEARS you have to be in to accumulate 1000 hours in tacair?

No you go straight to F22s from fighter fundamentals (if you select raptors)

>affirmative action and diversity in action
usaf pilots are still like 95% white males with 5% being white females

>...was an ambush. It's often used to show some incredible superiority of Western equipment, but it doesn't really do that, since it was an ambush.
It was also the Russians trying to show that the Egyptians were just shit flyers and getting BTFO just as badly.

But it doesn't really show Soviets were shit fliers, just that they were arrogant and were drawn into an ambush. It's not like they lost in dogfights or something.
Besides, that shit was preceded by Egyptians handing over air defense to Soviets, and Soviets successfully stopped Israeli air raids and moved AA umbrella to Suez.

Also, it was 5 aircraft destroyed. It's not like Israelis shot them all down. Others managed to retreat successfully (19 aircraft).

That's certainly an interesting interpretation.

It's not really my interpretation, it's what happened.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Attrition

>ambush
>when you're told exactly what was going to happen beforehand

>But it doesn't really show Soviets were shit fliers, just that they were arrogant and were drawn into an ambush.
If you are arrogant and drawn into an ambush ENMASS, you are a shit flyer.

They got bounced, got wrekt, and retreated DIRECTLY after they scolded the Egyptians for having the same thing happen to them. It's shameful and any other excuse is damage control.

>and 460 in London
I'll take the bait. 4/5 of these are not mosques but just gathering places. They are not places to pray in. A lot of them are closer to libraries.

Shit flying =/= tactical mistakes.
I didn't say it's not shameful though. But it doesn't really demonstrate some superiority of Western equipment at that time, nor does it mean Soviets were shit at aerial warfare, since it's just one ambush, it's hard to draw conclusions from it.
Only thing you can conclude is that they were arrogant.

That's still dozens of mosques, so a lot more than in Moscow. And London is a smaller city.

Also, Israelis themselves were quite impressed with Soviet equipment they captured from Arabs.
Really, it all boils down to Arabs being incredibly shit at warfare, especially in tactical aspect. It's got little to do with the quality of Soviet equipment.

>. But it doesn't really demonstrate some superiority of Western equipment at that time

Eh, I would argue it does because western equipment was splashing fighters before that, and then when they are flown by the host nation they still get splashed. It does prove the pilots were not the problem, its inferiority of the equipment. (or russians are equal to Arab pilots...)

Small sample sizes are the norm in discussions of warfare. That's not really an argument.

Small sample size of one engagement. C'mon.
I'm telling you Israelis themselves were quite impressed with Soviet equipment. Equipment was absolutely not the problem. Vietnamese managed to use Soviet airplanes rather well from a very inferior position.
It's Arab incompetence.

>Small sample size of one engagement
A decisive engagement that was not repeated due to the soviets not engaging the Israelis after. That alone is telling. You can't blame the soviet pilots TOTAL failure on Arab incompetence. Their skill in the seat did nothing to help, ergo, its evidence that the platforms themselves are inferior.

It's almost as if Russians will do anything except actually engage in introspection and admit they have any problems and put in the effort to fix them.

by all accounts, you simply can't get Arab officers to train their conscripts in what their Russian and American advisers have taught them.

Russian equipment has always been made so illiterate alcoholic conscripts who've never seen a car before can use them "well." So that's a bullshit argument.

Ah yes, that's why US trained and equipped Saudis are so great at warfare and are totally not humiliated by a bunch of tribesman in flip-flops.

Nice meme.

Hey, at least the US has proven it's equipment is good when used right. Russia couldn't even maintain flight ops off the Kuznetzov for more than a month and had to keep towing it back to port.

>switching from Cold War Soviet equipment in the context of Arab-Israeli Wars to fucking Kuznetsov in 2010's
What the fuck are you doing?

OK, what about the F-4s, F-15s, and F-16s Israel has regularly used to dominate Soviet-supplied equipment? It's inarguable that IAF pilots prior to the post-Vietnam reforms that came with Red Flag were superior to USAF TAC pilots even with the same planes.

I didn't realize George Jr was born in Lenengrad.

I think he meant the one born in Hawaii, had a birth announcement in the local newspaper, showed his official birth certificate, showed the state records version that normally is only for state records when that was treated as fake, and still was falsely accused of it.

You have no idea what your talking about. Aviation is predominantly white males.