Is there a reason why some states (ex:NJ) provide provisions which exempt off-duty and/or retired LEOs from guns laws...

Is there a reason why some states (ex:NJ) provide provisions which exempt off-duty and/or retired LEOs from guns laws which apply to the general population?

I understand the love for the thin-blue-line runs deep on the right, but it seems counter-intuitive to support these provisions, as it probably significantly cuts down the amount of support for concealed carry, since it is guaranteed to some based on profession.

Is there any good material on this topic?

Attached: 6BB2C6A9-7A02-4175-8A5F-D687122B3B33.png (800x421, 7K)

Bootlickers live to treat cops as if theyre noble knights or samurai instead of garbage collectors.

If they weren't allowed off duty CC, they wouldn't be able to pass the background check for the permit due to DV.

Pic related.

Attached: guncontrolargument.jpg (710x389, 102K)

NJ and other places treat their cops like the friggin STASI. They give them special permissions so they go along with all the gun control bills. I have a feeling they will eventually and slowly be disarmed due to all this BLM crap though.

I love cops in general, especially mine, but NJ cops SUCK. So glad I left that state.

Bootlickers gonna lick...

Can you clarify? DV?

Domestic violence

black lives matter and other paid protest groups only have power in cities like baltimore which already stand as shining examples of how not to run a city

New Yorker here. The NY SAFE Act exempts current and retired police officers from pretty much all gun laws with a few exceptions. The biggest reason is because Emperor Cuomo thinks cops are on a higher plane of existence, and they somehow need an upper hand to keep the sheep in line.
The SAFE Act had to exempt police from the laws because the laws themselves are unnecessarily strict. The worst part is the exemptions were put in place after the original law was passed.

>calling criminals garbage
bugs.. easy on the redpills

Men who disproportionately domestically abuse their spouses get exemption from gun control because they declared their devotion to the political elite.

Anarcho-tyranny at its finest. Laws exist solely to be applied to the law abiding.

NY does this too btw the cops will harass people over ARs and go to the range later to shoot theirs that has nothing to do with being a service rifle.

The police will never enforce the law if they don’t get their carve out.

Normies think police are highly trained in safe and responsible firearm handling

This.

Doesn't the thin blue line symbolizes the demarcation between cops and civilians? Gun control laws suck, of course they don't want them for themselves, just for the rest of you lot.

Attached: Boot Licker.jpg (629x475, 95K)

And yet NJSP will arrest out of state cops for carry to the fullest extent of their draconian laws

lol, its funny because cops beat their wives and kids.

For real?

Simply put, the largest demographic among DV perpetrators beyond race or biological sex is being a Police Officer.