Why aren't double barreled pistols more common?

Why aren't double barreled pistols more common?

They look like they can do alot of damage if you get a shot on target, 2 bullets is far more likely to kill than just one.

Attached: Double Barreled 1911 Pistol.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Because they are heavy, thick and not very practical.

Uncomfortable, expensive as fuck & difficult to manufacture, prone to failure, double ammo consumption, double recoil, extremely heavy, and (most of all) they tend to be friggin impossible to operate because they have two triggers and I, like most normal humans, don't have footlong Shrek fingers to pull both at once consistently.

Yeah, but how else could I LARP as a modern day Guts?

Attached: batsu.png (627x1600, 364K)

they are inaccurate as shit

Are the barrels bi-directionnal, or do they hit the same spot ?

even if you tried to collimate them they'd only hit the same spot at one given range, like WW2 aircraft guns- they're parallel, if you were gonna hit with one shot you'll hit with both most liekly anyway

With quad nugget

what if one of the rounds had a very brief hangfire? would the slide still cycle open, resulting in an out-of-battery kaboom?

Attached: evUoUFE.jpg (1200x1200, 44K)

One trigger fires both barrels, dingus. The hammers are connected. It has two triggers becauee you wouldnt be able to reach a single trigger in the middle.

>One trigger fires both barrels

Attached: 1gnok5.jpg (640x620, 36K)

they have two triggers

Attached: af2011-a1-black-magic-double-barreled-1911.jpg (1292x727, 211K)

Because they're an unnecessary and expensive novelty toy. And I emphasize the word "toy" because it's not all that practical.

That is true. Either trigger fires both at the same time.

>this dumb knee grow doesnt know about the volley fire exception
Durr, shotguns are machine guns cuz dey fire twenty sebuns boolets wif one trigger pool.

And pressing either trigger by itself will fire both barrels. Read the whole post you srooling retard.

So, are these barrels parallel or collimated ? Because, I don't see the advantage of hitting the same spot twice.

All the reasons listed here, plus firing multiple blasts fucks up the ballistics and they are inherently inaccurate as a result

> implying stereophonic pistols are new
KAOS was using them back in 65.
their most important feature was that if you put your head right between the barrels, the gunshots sounded like you were right there.

damn youre stupid.
Hi Fi pistols never made it into any arsenal because they are fucking retarded, expensive to produce and wasted ammo.
youre retarded.
keeping 2 simultaneous shots on target is more difficult than simply firing one bullet with 2x the power
also "alot" is not a fucking word you cunt.

Because they cost about 6-8 grand a pop.

volley fire is legal

>stereophonic pistols

Attached: 1496392434457.jpg (680x848, 40K)

why would you want two bullets that miss instead of one bullet that hits. unless you were larping

No, make burst fire pistols more common.

It goes well with a black trenchcoat and fingerless gloves.