Where can I get a decent pair of night vision goggles for under $200?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NVG-NIGHT-VISION-GOGGLES-MW2-CALL-OF-DUTY-Modern-Warfare-2-Infinity-Ward-/222868956794
varusteleka.com/en/product/polish-pnw-57-tank-helmet-with-infrared-goggles-surplus/24667
youtube.com/watch?v=c_0s06ORTkY
youtu.be/OchyYnlHTdo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't exist.

Buy some old ruskie ones for 100 bucks and have radioactive materials shine directly into your eyes

buy a Jimenez Arms or a Hipoint and go rob someone who has some

>Where can I get a decent pair of night vision goggles for under $200?

t. kim jong un

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

where can I get $10000 for under $100 guys? plz help I'm autism

Attached: i have autism.png (1080x1080, 1.47M)

>where can I get $10000 for under $100 guys?

drugs or bank robbery, latter much quicker but also much, much more riskier

if you live near me I can sell u mine

I would be honored if a communist dictator crowdsourced his night vision goggles from Jow Forums.

sell pictures of boipucci for $10 each

Attached: 1493881072395.jpg (657x694, 101K)

ebay.com/itm/NVG-NIGHT-VISION-GOGGLES-MW2-CALL-OF-DUTY-Modern-Warfare-2-Infinity-Ward-/222868956794
If you want to be able to see 10ft in front of you when its pitch black

Attached: 1462695324948.jpg (800x638, 125K)

idk if OP is still here or interested but I'm shilling this armasight 1st gen set with the headgear for 200. Original price was 370 or so (CAD) on optics planet, but it was a limited edition mod so idk if theyre still selling.

Attached: IMG_20180413_122040.jpg (2880x1728, 455K)

For gen 3 BNVDs like those, try $14,500

You can't. Stop being poor.

Armasight Vega. I tapped the tiny hole on the top for standard j arm thread and ran one on a shit airsoft helmet. They work ok.

Not OP, So what price range are the lower end NV and what would u recommend?

K-Mart

PVS14 Gen 3
No less than $3000 with mount

and what about termal optics?

If you have to ask......

varusteleka.com/en/product/polish-pnw-57-tank-helmet-with-infrared-goggles-surplus/24667

yea i like to know, possibly something with a head mount and not a gun mounted

Why do they have to cost a lot, other than just the niche demand?

low end 5k, high end 30k

Attached: itssimple.jpg (792x467, 54K)

>image intensifiers that have a phosphorous screen that literally burns
>airtight nitrogen-purged housing
>actually having decent image quality

I wonder why NVGs cost so much.
It's the same thing as people bitching that good optics or cameras cost $1000+

How about you eat some carrots instead?

Attached: VITA-MIN-A.jpg (720x577, 50K)

IIRC only flir and L3 are licensed to manufacture the critical components for the screens in the US, so monopoly, the ones that dont meet spec end up in gen 2 or gen 1 NV

Lowest I'd recommend is Armasight's "Gen 2+" shit. It depreciates fairly quickly, so you can get something that turns moonlight into noon and won't burn out if you look at a bright light for slightly south of 1000 dollars.

What is it with you faggots and the cheap nv stuff tonight? You can make them out of cheap ass digital cameras and IR lights, if you call that nv. But that's literally it until you get more into legit units for thousands.

You can get great used PVS14 units (yes, Gen3) for about $1500.

>10gs
A-are they really this much

Pic related

Attached: CE16E92C-DFC1-464F-BB48-237F2349AE60.png (750x1334, 428K)

...I kinda want these. They're very clearly a waste of money, but I still kinda want them. It's like some weird archeotech.

pvs31s start at like $15000
And then theres the real gucci...

Attached: GPNVG 2.png (1182x594, 221K)

No, they're not that expensive.
You can get decent ones for under $1000

Op nows your chance you poorfag!

they're labor intensive, requiring specialized and expensive equipment to properly make.

Does that turn you into Riddick?

youtube.com/watch?v=c_0s06ORTkY
>He doesn't own a full color night vision device
Lmaoaring @ all u poorfags

You're going to need to save up around $500 for a good pair of gen1.

NothingPersonalKid.gif

if you’re paying more than $10k for a set of high spec duals you’re doing it wrong

used gen3.5 mono unit for around $2200+
used gen3 mono $1800-$2k

it really depends on quality of tubes and gen
good shit=$$$$$$
you can buy binocular gen3 for $5k but the tubes are going to be low spec af and not autogated

If you’re wanting NV don’t buy anything lower than gen3 period a shit spec gen3 will look better than a high spec gen2+. it’s a buy once cry once type of deal

Your better off buying a nice flashlight

Attached: 1497676020488.jpg (405x243, 28K)

You dont want to go below gen 2 and even then your lacking.

$1300 for an armasight sirius will do the job but its still not a gen 3 unit.

Best bang for your buck will be the Photonis ECHO 4g's in a PVS-14 or for $3500

TNVC's L3 thinfilmed PVS-14 is $3k thats another good option for starter NVG.

You still need a helmet with a shroud and mount I recommend a G11 on a budget for $250 or a surplus RHINO II for $70

Youll need a IR laser/illuminator to aim the gun too.

The I2 with the illuminator + IR laser is the most barebones one but its kinda shitty desu

ID get a PEQ-15 for $1200-$1500

Attached: 1519785212197.jpg (960x938, 73K)

AVS-9 like those? Expect to pay between $6,500 and $12,000 depending on tube make and spec, those particular ones are also really fragile and aren't even weather hardened. They basically need to be in a protected cockpit where they could never bump into anything ever and even then they would need tender love and care. If you want something you can actually use and maybe put in the backpack without breaking it, expect to pay...

NEW
$3,000 and up for a PVS-14 These are the most common units in the world, even moreso than their predecessor, the PVS-7. They are single tube monoculars, can be adapted to a wide variety of uses and can be put on any helmet mount that isn't an a ball detent mount, though I advise to go with a dovetail mount over a bayonet mount.

$6500 for an AVS-9 from wills optics
$7,000 for a mod3 with automatic gain and standard lenses, manual gain will cost extra.
$7,900 for a Sentinel, or a night vision depot BNVD. Buyer beware, the BNVD comes with harris tubes.

$8,600 for a DTNVG from actinblack.
$9,500 for a PVS-15 from will's optics
$12,000 for a mini BNVD, F5032, or previously mentioned goggles such as the PVS-15, AVS-9, and BNVD with white phosphor tubes
Mind you, at these prices, they still don't come with a mount, or the helmet, or the counterweight items. Of course, never go below Gen 3, those are shit, they're not autogated, and they have a far shorter service life and far lesser light sensitivity, have fun delving into mounts, helmets and likely next week, just how the fuck you set a helmet up to work with Night vision.

you're not far wrong, Litton (commonly known as L3) and Harris(Formerly ITT/Excellis) have ever made the tubes in the US. Photonis is alleged to be foreign and inferior. But Make no mistake, L3 is best. When they moved out of the Litton/Northrop electo-optics facility, they had quality problems, threw a few million bucks at them and their drawing towers, and now they make the best shit, no question.

Because the process of making the tubes literally involves a multi-story facility called a draw tower where they stretch the glass into a honey comb, fuckloads of electrical prowess, chemicals, probably some sort of polishing or purifying/cleansing practices, I mean dude, for an item with such limited market demand, it involves a lot of scientific investment and expensive materials to make that little tube work.

USED
$1,500 minimum for a PVS-14
whatever you can find any dual tube goggle listed at
>PVS-15 used
lol, good luck finding that one.

this thread is full of quality information

op stop being poorfag

Cuz it will turn your skin orange. I remember that episode of the Magic Schoolbus. Nice try, Carlos.

This guy gets it.
youtu.be/OchyYnlHTdo

I'll tell you but first you have to tell me where I can get a tubeless PVS-7 unit in Canada. Fucking itar....

google
>Armasight Vega Mono Goggle

it turns you into yourself but with radiation burns in your eyes

soviet/10 would not recommend