Jow Forumsahrs

Say something good about them. Or say something bad about them. Say whatever you want about them. Bonus points: True facts and honest opinions.

Attached: cw9.jpg (550x367, 61K)

Are they still junk?

I've had a PM9 since '08, no real issues. I prefer it over my G43 because it's smaller and the trigger is better even though it's longer.

When were they junk?
Most of Jow Forums sure seems to hate long trigger pulls

I've heard that they are cheap glock knockoffs with poor to low quality, is this not the case?

If any striker pistol is a glock knockoff then sure... But Kahrs aren't low quality at all.

Redpill me on the Kahr K9

They are the lightest functional compacts you can find and everything but the CM's usually work. They also make steel frame and wood grip striker pistols. They sell a lot of 45's and most companies stopped making subcompacts for that round. They make mediocre pistols overall and are starting to lag behind the rest of the market but are still charging upwards of $700 for some poly 9's. Their best stuff is in their holdings, which are Auto Ordnance and now Magnum Research.

Attached: SVimg-KT9093NOVAK__54769.1515511841.jpg (652x556, 53K)

daily carry for the last 15 years

Owned and made by Moonies. Justin Moon is a son of Sun Myun Moon.

Who the hell cares.

>(Sun Myung Moon) was also criticized for his relationships with political and religious figures, including Presidents of the United States Richard Nixon,[26] George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush, Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev,[27] North Korean President Kim Il Sung,[28] and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.[29]
Sounds like a pretty cool dude to me.

The only reason NYPD stopped using it was because it failed to meet their "trigger pull specifications." Otherwise they'd have kept using it. In fact that's one of the primary complaints about Kahrs: Long trigger pull.

Seriously who fucking gives a shit? I always see people mention this as if it matters.

Decently reliable and affordable. If you need something simple and cheap, it’s probably a khar

I love my PM9. Only drawback is the low capacity, but it is comfortably thin in the hand.

The all stainless Kahrs with wood grips are some of the sexiest guns on the market. I almost bought an MK9 but when I felt it I didn't like it that much. Also, the slide was really difficult to pull back, but it was a used pistol. Do Kahrs normally have abnormally tough recoil springs?

>Do Kahrs normally have abnormally tough recoil springs?
Yes

Allrighty, that's kind of strange. It's not like I'm disabled or abnormally weak, but using that kind of a pistol on a regular basis would just be annoying. The thing felt like pulling back a 9mm MAC 11 bolt but without the charging handle.

Smooth revolver-like trigger pull, very slim. Simple low-part design, generally very well made.

I've had a PM9 for years. It shoots at least as well as my full size pistols (Sig P228, S&W M&P). Only thing that bugs me is they recommend using the slide stop to release the slide rather than slingshotting the slide, the opposite of every other pistol.

Supposedly if you shoot them enough, you can sling shot them. I haven't had any luck with that yet, but I'm only 100rounds in.

Kahr stresses 200 round break-in period so maybe you'll have more luck later.

I have an all stainless K9 with rubber grips. I bought it used for a great price. Runs like a top. As an oldfag raised on revolvers, I rather like the trigger.

Love the PM9. Shoots like a big gun. Long smooth predictable trigger. Disappears in the waist band. Cm9 is the same thing, just pleb tier.

Kahr is your brand if you want an
>American made
>all steel
>striker fired
pistol.

I mean vote with your wallet. I cant say I agree with them.

Steel frames are OK, but the plastic frames are shitty - got issues with mine and my friend's P9's, The mag sometimes falls out (this happens with all four of my mags), the slide sometimes didn't stay back after the last round. The trigger didnt went forward after I drop my gun in sand. The aftermarket sucks, cant buy any decent holster in Europe. Also if you are outside US, the Kahr company website will ban you after you send them e-mail. I also had a steel frame K40, and had no issues with it.

The complaint the NYPD had was that the trigger pulled was too light. Kahr said there wasn't a way of making the trigger heavier without compromising it mechanically. So it got taken off of the approved list of off duty carry guns.

I ran into the mag dropping issue myself and discovered it was my grip. Sucks about the euro market, holsters are comically easy to come by in the US. Ever try ebay from the US? or do you run into weird ITAR/customs issues that way?

Never even heard of them. And I have heard of Jimenez.

Hi Point > Kahr

Maybe if you like oversized heaps of shit.