OK Jow Forums Bad News. The apocalypse is here, and it doesn't have any guns in it. Rapid combustion, electricity...

OK Jow Forums Bad News. The apocalypse is here, and it doesn't have any guns in it. Rapid combustion, electricity, and fission have ceased to work, like in pic related. You're in charge of forming a militia to protect your local neighborhood, or maybe even an army to conquer and subjugate your enemies.

How do you equip them? What armor and weapons will they use? What doctrines would they use on the battlefield? How would they be organized?

Attached: dies-fire-dies-fire.jpg (719x504, 48K)

Dumb, boring gay thread.

We'd just revert to using air rifles (try and make pneumatics not work without everyone on earth dying from how we process oxygen), cars would be replaced with horrible but effective winch/wind mechanical carts and trains, and widesweeping masses of people would die without electricity and gas heating.

Fucking retarded premise.
If physics changed that much there simply would be no life left.

I've always loathed these types of gay "what if our world was suddenly a middle ages fantasy world but gas and gunpowder don't work but we still get sunlight somehow and plants still exist and we can still make fires xDDDDD"
Dumb faggot shit, I'd rather read another garbage isekai LN from some horny chink than this crap.

>Boring, gay thread
That you replied to

>Revert to air rifles
So something like Girandoni air rifles? That could work but I don't know how well you would be able to mass produce them without factories.

>Cars would be replaced with winch/wind carts
Which would work fine until roads started to crumble, or get overgrown

>Masses of people would die
Sure enough, hence the need for organization, and military forces, to hold on to what you have as everything crumbles around you.

It's contrived, for sure. But it does make an interesting thought experiment if you start talking about what kind of military force you could put together with those constraints.

What if it wasn't some pseudo-medieval shit? Could you still have Army Rangers but with repeating crossbows or something. That's what I'm trying to talk about.

But if this is really not interesting I guess I'll fuck off.

We would still have factories, powered by wind, animal and hand power. It'd just be more tedious.

We can also make roads and asphault without electricity and combustion.

Almost nothing would change after the initial culling, aside from the lack of airplanes and submarines meaning that the chinks and arabs can go ham on everyone from 'we have more bodies!' style warfare.

There's no need for crossbows. Air rifles are ridiculously powerful if focused on.

>what kind of military force you could put together with those constraints.
Absolutely none.
If combustion and electricity are not working there is no metabolism and no life.
If fission no longer works then there is something so fundamentaly wrong with the universe that things will probably come to an end pretty quick.

Learn to channel whatever bizarre fucking magic this world is now governed by

>electricity
Every life form with a complex brain dies as their neurons cannot function anymore.

Water power too, most early factories set up along rivers for a reason.

I think a lot of shit would change though. For one thing, even with a bunch of geared push carts you're not going to be running a lot of goods around on road or rail. Best bet is probably whatever a team of horses or oxen can move. Logistics is going to shrink down to what a soldier can carry and what a team of wagons can carry for him. The mass movement of troops is going to get a lot more difficult and so mass warfare above the level of a few tens of thousands of men is going to be hard. That would absolutely change the doctrine you use for your guys.

Fortifications become viable again too. No explosives means cheaply produced concrete forts and even cheaper earthworks can proliferate. Laying siege takes time and supplies. War of maneuver is a thing of the past, unless the terrain is so wide open it can't be adequately castellated.

Girandonis are airbladder memeshits.

You can do a piston break style with about 50 lbs cocking force for 1200 fps.

How rapid?

Attached: Flamethrower WW2 GI.jpg (1406x810, 189K)

We'd just go back to steam powered damn near everything.

Steam is combustion goy

Nigga, say what? Water fails to boil in this universe?

S.M. Sterling is a fucking hack

>No rapid combustion, electricity, or fission

Wtf I hate hacky scifi writers now! If I were to answer this question seriously, I would quickly wrangle up and steal all the livestock, use them as beasts of burden to drag literally tons of canned goods out of warehouses, burn down what I can't keep, and start my own imperialistic war by blaming the burning of the supplies on our neighboring city. From that point on, it's just gambesons, chainmail, plate, and-- wait, what the fuck do you mean "no rapid combustion"? That's so fucking dumb-- okay, anyway, I would start marching my army to the next city over. Travellers, refugees, scared families would all be able to join, as long as they pledge their allegiance to us and pay us in continued labor like metalworking. We'd provide incredible incentives for things like engineers, doctors, former military leaders, chemists, etc. (free protection, the highest quality food, free men and women to wait on their every whim, ridiculous prestige).

Large focus on phalanx techniques to cover streets and alleyways (shown to be very effective at rousing untrained, uncoordinated mobs of attackers, as seen in ANTIFA versus Alt-Right riots and modern crowd control tactics. Heavy use of modern music equipment such as loudspeakers, microphones, radios, and the such to better coordinate ourselves, and when we're going against more evolved, organized armies, we quickly overpower their defenses around their food depots, take them back to our place or burn what we couldn't steal, and then wait for hunger and starvation to do them in a long, drawn out siege before offering them food and protection as long as they pledge loyalty to us; hey can even keep their stupid kings and city mascots and shit.

How are you planning to boil water with no means to generate heat?

Sorry, m8. No radios. The Magic Space Bats somehow fuckered with the laws of physics, chemistry, and anything else that might help.

By concentrating the sun's heat.
>inb4 the sun doesn't produce heat anymore
This shit's getting stupid. S.M. Sterling should feel bad for writing this trash. OP should feel bad for reading it. Feel even worse for foisting this thread upon us. And finally, we should all feel bad for indulging OP's faggotry.

>rapid combustion
Work on your reading comprehension.

Easy and peasy. We /legion/ now.

Wtf I hate hacky scifi plots even more now!

BASED Dumb-Boring-Gay-Thread Poster!

Swords and Ghouloons

Attached: the domination.jpg (322x499, 43K)

Can you start fires in this imaginary bullshit world?