Wooden wheelgun grips

I need the most aesthetic grips for my new stainless 6" GP100. Can't decide between lamo camo or pau ferro Hogue grips

What's your pick

Attached: 81TRKglJbnL.jpg (1632x1224, 492K)

whatever the other option is
> that color

pau ferro

Good God that is hideous.

I mean it might be hideous, but I kinda like it.

This is the pau ferro wood

Attached: 20140413-DSC_0072_zps45efb294.jpg (800x533, 47K)

>pau ferro
I think something on my bass guitar is made of that.

Attached: DSCF9995.jpg (1600x1200, 635K)

Well definitely not laminate so if those are the options, whatever isn't that.

I rather like Hogue's cocobolo, it's pretty consistently reddish which I love. Their walnut is nice too, though in all cases with Hogue you'll probably want to try before you buy, the shape is rather specific and not very permissive of a wide variety of hand shapes. The heel swell and finger grooves in particular, I'd recommend their non-finger-grooved grips.

If you're open to other options then consider G10 from any number of manufacturers, and wood grips from Eagle, pic related. I recommend against checkered grips from Eagle as the price is not fair for the (relatively low) quality of checkering they do, but their smooth grips are very nice.

Attached: ruger-gp100-super-redhawk-genuine-rosewood-classic-grips-smooth.jpg (800x800, 122K)

Yeah I like the look of the cocobolo as well.

Not sure where I can go to try before I buy... Amazon return policy perhaps?

Don't waste your money trying to make a Ruger look good. They're the ugliest, clunkiest revolvers around. Basically the glock of the wheelgun world. Just sell it and put the money towards anything else.

I run ahrends grips on my smith, it came with some extremely fancy laminate grips but they didn't fill my hand properly, I'll respond with those.

These grips look fine though.

Attached: custom686ssr.jpg (1280x960, 728K)

Here's the original grips. Yeah they look a lot better but they are WAY too narrow to be comfortable when shooting proper 357, which I doubt the gun was really intended for anyway. Seems more like a competition gun for running bunny fart 38 wadcutters.

Attached: S&W686SSR.jpg (1280x799, 462K)

Somebody spent too much on a S&W...

I reload so I wanted a revolver actually capable of pushing .357 to it's full potential

Get a Herrett Stock

You can get them made to measure by sending in a tracing of your hand.

Attached: HerrettRedhawkRtshrunken.jpg (800x648, 210K)

Not a fan of those. I definitely want reddish/brownish wood. Not a fan of the black colored wood grips

Would you consider 180gr bullets at 1200fps to be a proper 357 loading? My ruger bisley blackhawk has issues with blowing out primers when I run this extremely hot load in it, but my smith is perfectly fine with it.

Attached: 180357phone.jpg (240x320, 37K)

Hogue is fairly ubiquitous, you won't find Eagle or Craig Spegel or Nills grips everywhere but you're pretty likely to find Hogue hardwood in stores, particularly for S&W and Ruger. Call a few shops. Amazon return if you can't do it another way, sure.

Another option is Nills, though you would be buying sight unseen and feel unfelt. I'm not sure if it's standard policy but multiple times I've contacted them and asked for a specific grip in a specific color and they obliged me. For pic related I asked them to select the deepest red walnut they had and boy howdy they did me good.

Disagree

I love Ahrends too, OP definidely look at them if they make grips for Ruger.

Attached: knillvolvo.jpg (1200x1800, 343K)

Nice grips on a GP100 is like putting lipstick on a pig. The Ruger may be a nice, reliable revolver, but god is it ever ugly. Why not stick with the rubberized Hogue's that it comes with since you're a fan of finger grooves and all?

That's a sexy fucking gun right there.

Not sure if ahrends makes grips for the rugers

Not sold on finger grooves - someone redpill me on finger grooves vs grooveless.

Because rubber feels and looks gross. Wood is personal, warm, lovely.

Finger grooves are nearly always in the wrong position for everybody, which is kind of amazing. No finger grooves means your fingers can more easily slide down the smooth grip under recoil. Finger grooves help keep the grip in position which means you have to readjust your hands less or not at all during firing.

It's a compromise either way, but I usually tend to avoid finger grooves unless there's no other option.

Looks like they do not, rip

nice revolver
personally, i don't like colours or finger grooves
i like plain jane

Attached: 20170105_143856.jpg (4032x3024, 3.42M)

Man, I don't even have the words to describe how wrong you are

Attached: match-champion.jpg (1352x760, 150K)

I really like the match champion grips, so whatever those are. I find they fit my hand really well too.

Attached: rugers.jpg (1100x700, 287K)

I have an SP101, and in order to get some grips that were vaguely Smith-style, I ended up getting some of the Thai grips.

Cheap, and nice, some fitting required. I didn't like how the two halves met on mine, so I ended up cutting and fitting some brass shim stock between them. It's got a neat look and they're secure on the gun, now.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (600x600, 63K)

I tried out a Match Champion before ordering the standard GP100. Wasn't a fan of the MC grips, to be honest

I have laminate grips just like that on my Model 66 no dash. Love em. Look good, feel good. Get em

Then get a Dan Wesson or Manurhin.

>MATCH CHAMPION™

They should have put it in comic sans to match the rest of the gun

Attached: 1420759659976.jpg (500x375, 41K)