Alright tankers of Jow Forums, I just signed on as 19K and I leave in October. What an I in for?

Alright tankers of Jow Forums, I just signed on as 19K and I leave in October. What an I in for?

What happens after tank OSUT? Where do I get sent? Will I even see a tank after I get out of OSUT?

Attached: size0.jpg (640x401, 52K)

Also general tan/ker thread, I know that there's a handful of tankfags like frenchfag and merkavafag lurking about

bump

You'll be sorry!

>Will I even see a tank after I get out of OSUT?
Nope. Prepare to live the life of a TWAT.

I fucked up didn't I

M-maybe done shit will go down with North Korea or Iran, right?

Attached: 1512826232842.jpg (601x601, 65K)

After Basic and AIT (aka fuckaround on tanks with fat old tankers in the motorpool) they'll ask you for a bunch of duty preferences, they probably wont listen to any of them. After leave you hit your unit and train/maintain your armor - then deploy on fucking MRAPS and trucks to do all the jobs the actual infantry is too prissy to do - like guard meetings and PR shit.
Unless we go to war with russia or china you'll be a TWAT for all your combat career if you have one. Fuck, they'll probably just reclass you as a goddamn scout when you hit your unit anyway. At least the bradley gets some use.

Attached: 12239985_916902975026036_5318235963378410804_n.jpg (480x480, 28K)

Maintenance. That is all.

Combat arms are janitors in peace time army bro

that's the only way you'll ever touch a tank ever again. wtg.

Bump

Enjoy doing jackshit for the next four years unless a real war kicks off.

>Duty preferences
Explain?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Boy you sure did 0 research

Attached: IMG_20180308_175346_180.jpg (320x320, 19K)

Duty preferences are essentially where you want be stationed. You select about 10 places you want to be stationed. It is more of a formality because Army will send you wherever the fuck they want. You want to go to England? Fuck you, you are going to Mississippi.

>What an I in for
Nose plugs.

I see
I was hoping that I might get sent to Germany because my brother is living there right now for school

are tankers more tight and have a friendship then other combat arms or mos?

Enjoy fucking around in MRAPS.

Attached: 1526941628608.jpg (604x486, 59K)

I mean you can get sent to Germany, but it all depends on the needs of the Army. Most people don't get that chance but if you make it known that your brother is there to the right people, it may be easier to end up there.

Infantry.

If you want them most stereotypical military experience, you go infantry