What cartridge should children start with?

What cartridge should children start with?

Obvious answer is BB or Pellet.

.22 may seem obvious but what if you don't want them be scared of the recoil of harder firing rifles? But if you went to something like .223, maybe its too much and will scare them away.

Thoughts?

Attached: 0658_fc1c_500.jpg (500x381, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EWj-wmFs3HE
youtube.com/watch?v=0yECmG1Dn2M
youtube.com/watch?v=QEFkHr9MkXg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

5.56 NATO

I’ve asked a similar question, consensus was
Nerf
B.B.
Pellet

Attached: E226A427-D2DB-463F-B681-8E4159F6BEA4.png (750x1334, 1.02M)

Just give them a nugget and yell at them in a piss poor russian accent that they will spill all the fascist blood for the motherland or die trying. Then regale them of tales regarding how the glorious rifle of the people saved many babushkas lives.

Or this, do this gobnik

PSA: you're not funny.

Why?

I feel like .410 fits in almost anywhere on that.

Attached: 1432432220594.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Rimfire for sure, then .223, maybe .30-30 or similar.

Suppressor is probably a good idea too, since a lot of what makes "recoil" intimidating is really the noise (to be fair, 150+ dB is p fuggin loud, even with earpro).

Giving someone a rifle they aren't ready for is dumb.

>Why?
That way they're combat effective from the start.

.22 / 5.56 under supervision of an adult
bb/pellet so they can go past with their friends

With a cartridge designed to wound?

Attached: image.jpg (500x313, 99K)

>1 shot takes 3 men out of the battle instead of one
Pretty much.

Uh huh.

Start em off with a precision/hunting rifle. Somthing like .308

.22 LR, its cheap and good for practice and small game. To get really good they'll need to burn through a lot of ammo and at $20-30 a brick it will be an inexpensive process. Recoil management can be taught after they've made it through puberty and reached their adult size.

For hunting deer, hogs, or varmints 5.56mm, .243, or .30-30 are also good low recoil options.

BB guns are no fucking fun.

t. Uncle tried to get me into guns by getting me an airgun and it turned me off to shooting until I turned 18 and bought myself real ones.

I was shooting a .32 ACP when I was six years old or so... Appalachia = modern Sparta

22LR. Recoil is extremely low, and ammo is cheap as hell. You can shoot squirrels and chipmunks with .22, and it’s what I learned on.

youtube.com/watch?v=EWj-wmFs3HE
>myman.stag

5.56 fragmentation doesn’t mean it hits nearby enemies. How stupid can you be?

Soviets and commies are fucking faggots.
So you like being a kike slave?
>hur natsoc is bad
This is a NatSoc board, I suggest you fuck off.

Start with .22lr. Use that as a test to see if s/he even likes shooting. After a few times out, bump up to a .223.

Airguns of any sort, then anything you think they can handle without risk of hurting themselves.

I was started on air rifles for safety (7 years old), then .22lr (about 8yo), then 20 bore shotgun(9-10yo), occasional 12 bore, .223, and .303, after that I was old enough (12+) to handle anything else without being any real danger to myself or others.

Your mileage may vary.

bud, it's a joke, and Jow Forums doesnt have some hardline autistic political alignment, we just all like guns except you shareblue shitposters. now fuck off and stop shitting up our board

Attached: cool dolphin.jpg (543x594, 169K)

Kids can use any type of ammo.

Attached: zahedi20120707035841233.jpg (650x365, 36K)

30 ought six is pretty good cartridge for children 500 WinMag can be pretty fine as well although the recoil is too much for some six-year-olds

>be me
>be in this user's patrol
>firefight breaks out
>one of our guys is hit, he's bleeding out
>he's right next to user, but user ignores him
>"user! Help that man!"
>user gives him a cold stare, but does nothing
>he will not help that man
>after all, the fragmentation didn't hit him, so he's not out of the fight

youtube.com/watch?v=0yECmG1Dn2M

>scare them away
the fuck does this mean, no kid above 7 is going to give up guns because theyre spooky to shoot. Its part of the appeal for kids. Anywho .410 and .223 is the obvious answer you're looking for.

>the enemy also "leaves no man behind"

This is what americans believe.

>This is a NatSoc board
Nah, nigger. This is a freedom board. Don't care what Ideology you are, so long as you want freedom and guns.

>This is what americans count on them not doing

Attached: freshfeld.png (537x537, 181K)

8mm Kurz or Faustpatrone.
Cloting they'll have to solve themselves.

Jow Forums is a progressive board.

Stick to 22, generally, but in all reality it depends on the age, size, strength, and such or the child in question.

First time my dad took me shooting at the tender age of 8 it was a bolt action 22 WMR for a while, but I ended up firing a few rounds from his queen stamped 1911 at the end of the day. (He kept his hand over mine while firing it, because of the recoil)

When I took my younger brother (him being 13 at the time) we started on my 22lr Ruger mark 1, before moving to the beretta 92 and ending the day on the AR.

When I take my 9 year old son here soon, I'll probably stick to the 22lr ruger, but might borrow the same Marlin 22WMR bolt action I learned on from my dad. I might bring the AR too, and bust that out depending on how well it goes.

Go back to Jow Forums, faggots like you ruin this board

1. pump pellet rifle for 15-50 yard shooting fundamentals and basic firearm safety
2. 10-22 in a neat configuration (mannlicher stock, takedown, diamondwood, or other dealer exclusive) or poorfag variant like a mossberg for plinking/"their rifle" that they'll keep for the rest of their life
3. 5.56/.223 bolt action or AR15 for babbys first centerfire rifle around 10-12 depending on how dumb or irresponsible your kid is
4. big boy .243/.270/.308 bolt action

9mm in a carbine

Fuck you. I dont know why but you just pissed me off with that image. Go fuck yourself. You are a waste of humanity, and dont deserve to exist. This earth is filled with rapists, murderers, and pedophiles, and right now i hate you more than all of them.

You fucking idiot, let me break it down
>1 hadji bleeding out
>2 hadjis praying and giving him first aid

I'd like to start my kids off with half scale Wooden 1911s when they're really young so they can learn the basics of firearm carry safely.

I'd like to move them up to simrounds at somepoint and play war games with them.

I like firearms.

30 carbine is a good round for new shooters. Too bad it isn’t a mainstream cartridge anymore.

I have seen a battery powered toy pistol that was actually really cool. It had a solid "magazine", and if the "magazine" was in, the safety off, and you racked the slide, pulling the trigger would cause the slide to slam back realistically (No functional ejection, obviously) and a sliding weight inside would simulate a light recoil. Pretty cool thing, and if it wasn't painted brightly, could have passed as real, if generic.

We're your parents safety Nazis about it and sucked away all your fun or something?
For most of us:
>Get bb gun
>immediately after learning to shoot it wander into woods alone trying to kill things
>learn to sneak up on animals and make a few successful hits
>realize your bb gun doesn't have the power and range to take even small birds from afar or varmints and big birds at any distance
>ask for pellet gun on your birthday
>get better at marksmanship in several shooting positions
>can kill reliably at 3x the distance up to small varmints. Even somewhat effective at over 100 yards.
And then you move up to guns when you want greater range + fire rate or the wonders of a scatter gun and have a safe place to shoot them.

a lot of kids started with BB guns. I plan to start mine with pellet guns straight off. Fewer ricochets to worry about that way.

>88
too bad for you, shareblue :^)

cringe

It depends on how young you start them, a 17lb break barrel airgun is exhausting when it's nearly a 1/3 your body weight to work. They might get more trigger time if you get the $30 bb gun and I still used mine even after getting the pellet gun occasionally going for head shots and fast reloads.
Also, discourage them from killing non legal birds and decide for yourself if they're trustworthy and safe enough to wander the woods alone. Honestly, I dont know if its legal to leave them unspervised so you should totally not do that if its illegal. Being alone with my rifles as a kid was great for me learning but don't be afraid to give them pointers on how to approach animals and shoot. Have lots of friendly competitions shooting pinecones off trees and cans

>T. Inaccurate

>not stocking up on moist nuggets so you can shoot commies with commie-made guns when SHTF

Attached: 1509312333433.png (253x235, 78K)

>killing small animals
I hope you ate them afterwards.

I hope you get over yourself.

I started with 9mm I’ll probably have my boy start with that in the next couple of years

Attached: CE872C82-3E98-4757-AAE9-FB84B868BD7A.jpg (307x768, 75K)

First time shooting I was 12 y/o and the cartridge was .308. Then I shot .45. Definitely not scared away by big bangs. Kids like big bangs.

.38 Special out of a levergun

Why? I'm not the one who kills animals for fun. Unless those birds threatened you in some weird way.

>What if you don't want them be scared of the recoil of harder firing rifles?
start with .22, and let them work their way up through .223, blowback PCCs, .308 (in heavy milsurp/battle rifle), .308 (in scout/mountain rifle, or lightweight AR-10) and then up to magnums; at whatever point they say "enough", that's enough. (You do have all those rifles, right?)

Making the huge jump from .22 to a slimmed-down .300winmag is gonna throw them off at any age, but it's not scary if they work their way up and know what they can and can't handle. (And what they can handle for a round or two, but wouldn't want to shoot all day.)

As for their own rifle, probably a .22 because cheap ammo, but if you're not a poorfag, maybe think about a .32-20 or .25-20? Depends what age, too -- a 12-year old boy should be able to handle a 9mm PCC (second-cheapest to shoot), but you may be starting them younger.

(not sageing your thread, just oops autofill)
To be clear, I think you should definitely be starting them shooting younger than 12, but you may not feel they're responsible enough to have a rifle of their own before then.

Their age/size and which rifles of yours they can handle, at the point you decide they're ready for their own gun, would determine what caliber that gun should be in.

They can quickly get it if you start young:

youtube.com/watch?v=QEFkHr9MkXg

Fucktards like you are why quail and pheasant are basically extinct in my area neck yourself.

>reading comprehension
Come on user, read up the chain before answering next time.
Id have ate most of them if I could get away with making a fire and not being caught but I'm not going to eat rats and some of the obviously diseased animals I shot. It was about learning to stalk and shoot under pressure. I enjoyed it as did our ancestors. Since becoming an adult though, cooking them has been one of the best parts.

>But if you went to something like .223, maybe its too much and will scare them away.
You can shoot .223 with the stock resting on your face. The purpose of starting with .22 is you can let them shoot it as much as they want without breaking the bank. Range time is how you get the fundamentals down.

Attached: 1525878585202.jpg (421x300, 22K)

Startem off with a .22 and a .38spl

Then go to .308 and .357

False-flagging kike

Get out of here shlomo you dirty arab kike mutt

Attached: f63.jpg (396x382, 41K)

Attached: 1525889502819.jpg (687x534, 31K)