Howard Leights are great budget ear pr-

Howard Leights are great budget ear pr-

Attached: 123432141324.png (700x572, 757K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/3M-Classic-Earplugs-310-1060-Uncorded/dp/B008MCTLJE
amazon.com/ClearArmor-141001-Shooters-Protection-Folding-Padded/dp/B00NKSMPZW
amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Amplification-Electronic-R-01526/dp/B00P2H7WPM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1527288571&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=howard+leight+impact+sport&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is there supposed to be something wrong with the way it looks inside?

What is it exactly that you were expecting to find inside an electronic earpro set?

They are basically ear muffs with a built in microphone to allow you to hear the outside. They aren’t more complicated than that.

>electronic ear protection has electronics inside
WHOA

Attached: 🤔 .jpg (475x524, 59K)

That’s what electronic earmuffs are, retard.

It's a marketing trick. Most people think electronic earmuffs do the noise-cancellation trick with electronics. They don't. They block noise with acoustic material and amplify quiet sounds using a microphone and speaker.

I don't think anyone holds such a misconception. And it's not a marketing trick, the company is completely upfront saying that it amplifies non-loud noises.

What did you think was in there you utter dipshit?

sage this retarded shit

Imagine being this fucking stupid. OP you belong in a gas chamber

If you really wanted to make a point, you'd take apart the other side and show off the ghetto splice for the left speaker.

You should hang out with people with IQs a bit above room temperature, buddy

What the fuck were you expecting?

maybe you ought to consider actually testing it instead of taking a picture of the inside lol

Ive got a pair and they're great.

Thanks captain obvious

Attached: C77D9118-CAA1-45C3-9AD8-79C54CF723CC.png (615x591, 307K)

If you can't afford $100 for some decent hearing protection, you're a poorfag and need to get a better job before buying guns.

How tf do you spend $100 on earpro???

>$10 box of earplugs
amazon.com/3M-Classic-Earplugs-310-1060-Uncorded/dp/B008MCTLJE
>$15 earmuffs
amazon.com/ClearArmor-141001-Shooters-Protection-Folding-Padded/dp/B00NKSMPZW
>double up, take earmuffs off when you have to talk to someone

voila now you won't go deaf

>you must be this rich to enjoy my hobby
There's a difference between fiscal responsibility and being an snobby faggot, and you clearly don't understand it.

Actual padding around the electronics instead of just a couple of cubes in the corner and the rest relying on nothing but a thin layer of plastic to block out noise.

Whats the fucking issue if they're just as functional? Go be stupid somewhere else you dense fuck, do you even have any guns?

they actually sense loud sounds and emit a destructive wave pattern to cancel it out, it's pretty mathematically radical

Attached: omkAt.png (580x200, 64K)

>outdoors they work fine
>inside use foam plugs and turn up your ambient sound so it's like you don't have foam in
Sheesh

The plastic is thicc though and the padding around the ear and that speaker actually looks quality as folk.

there isn't a brainlet reaction pic made yet that can fully encapsulate how stupid you are

>a thread died for this stupid slide thread

>have gssh-01 vatnik ear holders
>decently effective at protecting ears
>but the sound amplification is for some reason tuned to the exact frequency of jangling keys
>can hear everyone's car keys, in stereo, in a 100' radius

It's like having the world's stupidest super power.

Attached: brainlet4.jpg (588x823, 109K)

>rest relying on nothing but a thin layer of plastic to block out noise.
how can someone be this dumb

Attached: what did he mean by this.png (225x225, 4K)

The one complaint i have is the stiff padding. It can shift on your ear when you move your head.
With gel pads, they‘d be 9/10

>I am the Jow Forumsommando, the hero this board deserves
>lurking through my house for tendies
>throw them in the microwave
>hit start
>head explodes from interference

dude, some hobbies are more expensive than others, and there's always going to be a bar to entry.

you like powerlifting? congrats on your $200 squat shoes, your $100 belt, your $80 singlet, your $300 squat suit, however much a bench shirt and deadlift suit cost, your $100 on knee wraps, gym fees or buying plates and barbells/a power rack/etc. if you are a home gym-er. plus diet, coaching, meet fees, travel fees, etc.

arabian horse breeding, yacht racing, etc. all have huge barriers to entry. shooting's one of the cheapest, honestly.

Are you trying to say you don't double up on earpro every time?

Good thing they make aftermarket gel cups.

Saged.

my howard leights are 10 years old. the cables have decayed and split exposing the wiring underneath, and the headband's wearing away.

do i jump for newer earpro now? what newfangled electronic ears are good? i'm not a poor grad student anymore, so i'm not really as concerned with prices.

Where?

Sightlines and Valholl make some.
Cannot speak for the Valholl but the Sightline cups are comfy and as someone who wears glasses, or anyone who wears safety glasses like you should, they have cutouts for them.

Attached: sightlines-main__75297.1517320828.jpg (900x900, 49K)

Requesting sauce on the waifu

the memelights are legendary, everyone has at least 4 pairs, they are super low profile, and you should double up anyway.

they reduce sound 22DB, still unsafe by themselves, $150 electronic peltor's reduce sound 28DB, still unsafe on their own.

get your howies here guys =)

amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Amplification-Electronic-R-01526/dp/B00P2H7WPM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1527288571&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=howard+leight+impact+sport&th=1

Attached: 2b0uln.jpg (500x500, 36K)

nope. see

Attached: 1527177583161.jpg (225x225, 8K)

But they do. Mine do anyways.

>Howard Leight
Nigger teir, can't afford Peltor

>anyone who is successful and/or financially independent is a snob
Ok poorfag

It's a fucking cartoon you pervert

Looks good to me. Everything is secured in the case, screwed in and glued in.

I have 14 AK's, enjoy your $400 Poorfag ARs

>14 AK's
Hey, leave some for the rest of us.

The year of our Lord, 2018, and them shits ain't got Bluetooth. Fucking disgraceful.

What would let me run a radio through these?

>Jow Forums
>slide thread

what SHOULD we be talking about?

No, nigger, most people who are successful/financially independent don't go around making comments like . THAT'S what makes you a "snob", your attitude, not your money.

>Have to nigger rig $60 earmuffs right out of the box
>This is fine

Attached: 34523523532.png (719x752, 1.1M)

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to point out.

That's ANC, which only really works on background rumbling and droning sounds. Electronic hearing protection for shooting uses a microphone and speakers inside of the earmuffs to restore sounds that are blocked by the dampening material. To protect the users from loud/annoying noises, it uses peak-compression or clipping, which either cuts off sound during a gunshot, or lowers the sound of a particular gunshot "peak", instead of cutting off. The former is more desirable.

If it works fine, then it is fine.

I'm sorry you think so little of your own craftsmanship, user.

Why would you use earplugs with electronic hearing protection, and remove the exact thing it tries to restore?

Attached: ksgdab.gif (615x548, 18K)

The electronics are well held in by actual fasteners, they don't need further potting. The sound protection is in the muff itself, the plastic housing does no work other than house.

Do they still work? If they still work that's a testament.

>HL's
>$60
paid less than $30 for mine

Attached: detectivepep.jpg (693x662, 158K)

Because you can turn up the speaker to the point where you can hear the amplified sound just fine and further reduce loud noises? I use electronic earpro for work and do this regularly. Works great at the shooting range when somebody brings an SBR 7.62x51 with an obnoxious muzzle break, aka Fuddflusterer.

>Didn't pad the wires.
>Didn't pad the mic.
>Didn't pad the speaker.
>No pads on the crew heads.
>Nor under the heads.
>Nothing covering the board.
It's like you want your earpro to explode from vibrations.

>that guy with the loud stuff
Sorry, that's me.

>Sorry.
No you aren't.

double up with good plugs and cheap active ear pro is the way to go 100% of the time

Because shit happens and when sweaty you might adjust your glasses and it breaks the seal of your ear muffs.

Isn't it almost a necessity? I mean most muffs have a pretty low nrr compared to plugs.

it is literally impossible to be hearing safe with only plugs sometimes. Heck, shooting a short 308 indoors with plugs and muffs will still be damaging to your hearing if you do it a lot.

>t. have a relative with two cochlear implants and get tested all the time & am crazy when it comes to hearing protection

The person who did this genuinely thought they were making worthwhile improvements. That's gonna keep me laffin' all tonight.

You're right. Sorry.

this

Attached: 1357577145520.jpg (400x400, 153K)

My fucking Sordins are almost exactly the same

So this whooole debacle of a thread was you trying to show off your pointless 'upgrade' to cheap earmuffs. Why not just say that to begin with like hey dudes check out this idea I had to make my muffs more muffy. Someone might have actually thought oh neat that might have some utility. But no, instead you had to be a giant faggot.

Attached: BHl3H.gif (500x282, 580K)

open it up and hot glue that shit down if it schisms your 'tisms that much.

kek

True, but that also assumes a certain level of investment. You wouldn't buy serious lifting equipment if you've never lifted and just began starting strength. The problem is that attitude is gatekeeping for people that would otherwise be interesting in firearms.

And horse breeding is just a show of wealth. The patrician expensive hobby is owning a single-engine prop plane to fly on weekends.

They have an aux port so you could just do that, but youd need a separate mic

Bullshit
You can't go over 30 decibels of reduction because of bone induction. Plugs get you almost there

uzaki, from uzaki chan wa asobitai

I like my sightlines.

Attached: A8B9B544-5341-445F-B1D6-B269284DDF1A.jpg (3121x2618, 2.49M)

>bought sordins so I could have gel cups and a use the mic some day
>you post this
>I still don't have a use for the mic

You hurt me

Prepare yourself for some bullying

Yep

That’s more in the noise cancellation headphones, like Bose, some of these are pretty awesome especially the aviation sets.

Have a (You) for triggering the poorfags. They bite like hungry, angry fish.

Yet you don't actually need any of that shit

just what the hell did you think was on there? some /v/ tier star trek shit?

every fucking time

Attached: 20180526_000554.png (580x200, 56K)

I assure you goy, this is pure coincidence.

Mine just leave everything at the same volume and give me static if I turn them up

man this is a stupid fucking thread.
fuck you OP

Attached: 1527047456187.png (842x792, 82K)

No. They just shut off the speakers when a specific decible level is reached.

My dudes, I have one of these with the integrated microphone (gssh-01-01/6m2-01) got any clues how I adapt it for non spooky guy comms without having to chop off the cable?
Excellent set for the price BTW

I'm always amazed at what I can hear with HLs when the amplification is turned up to max. Horses bickering with each other in the pasture, leaves falling out of trees 50 yards away, critters rustling around in the woods even further away in the dead of night.

It's a bit creepy, but neat.

squat shoes make a huge difference, as does a belt.

while true that there's nothing wrong with starting off with chucks at the local Y, if you want to continue with the sport you should invest in your gear. and powerlifting/weightlifting has one of the lowest barriers... all you really need is $100 for passable shoes and $60 for a decent leather/nylon belt (for PL/WL respectively). same way that Leights and a nugget are more than acceptable, but someday you might want a GAP and some Peltors.

and i'd say anything turbine (prop or fan) or at least multiengine since you need those certs and extra maintainance is what elevates you above the unwashed pleb 152 masses.

yeah, they sure do.

seems like Peltors are the reliability kings over Sordins for gucci ears, and i'd probably have to re-shrink wrap the cables on Sordins eventually.

I have $80 ear pro and $10 ear pro from Harbor freight, they both work identically well