/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Rockets vs Celtics Edition

Previous thread LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1526531619586.jpg (1199x1112, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allhands.coastguard.dodlive.mil/2017/01/17/enlisted-empowerment-the-female-perspective-deputy-mcpocg-leilani-cale-jones/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for 11b

I've got Keratosis Pilaris on my arms, back, and thighs. Should I outright tell the MEPS doctor about it if he asks me or should I lie and say it's just dry skin/acne?

Would mentioning this to a recruiter help at all either? Is it even a condition that can get me DQ'd?

100% keep your mouth shut. Is it even noticeable?

I think it's pretty noticeable especially on my upper arms, kind of like this photo

Attached: Keratosis_pilaris_arm.jpg (640x536, 41K)

meant for you

is /our350f/ here? wanted to ask about 35n. i went on the army plebbit and looked into 35f and the consensus is that they take 35n's crumbs and 35n is the real deal analyst job and they have an option to go into something called sot-a that supports sf. my plan was ranger 35m or 35f and then try to reclass to sf down the line but i wanted to know more about 35n and if sot-a is even worth it over just asking for ranger at ait.

Dude Dont say anything.I have that a bit on my shoulders. Didnt say a single word.

Is KP disqualifiable? Asking because I got it on my face and I wouldn't be able to hide it.

11b or 0311?

Ya, 350F here, it all depends on what you wanna do. What exactly do you wanna get out of this whole mil exp and what do you want to do after?

35F deals with all intel. Which is why its a good starter mos, short contract, and you get to see which intel area you will like. I didnt like 35P, language wise, and know i would have suffered in it had i continued on, and 35N i was meh about, until i had 35f job and really liked it. Obviously i cant force you into a job. Cause might be shitty for you. I mean if you go 35M you might not like it either since its so hyped up about what youre gonna be doing throughout your career and then dont actually do it in full capacity.

Sot a is different from regiment, depending on the job its gonna be slightly different. Fyi you can go sf support in all intel jobs. Its all up to what you wanna do.

Ill be on for a while, so go ahead and ask whatever specifics.

got ya, thanks man

35f must be nice if you have all this time to post on these threads lol. what didn't you like about 35n and what would you say both 35f and 35n do and what makes them different? also wanted to know what sot-a specifically does different than ranger intel and what paths can intel dudes take to support sof. i was thinking about mil as a long run thing with endgame dream being 18f/180a but if i end up not liking the military intel at least dresses up my resume and i get free college.

11b dummy

Im not a 35f anymore. Im a reserve warrant 350f and civ job is working for army as same same.

I usually have a tab open for meg and respond throughout the day when im looking at other shit on my phone.

So, with 35F and 35N, i liked that with 35f i got to do a bunch of different things like you could be doing intel work or you could be doing security stuff, 35n was just same shut sit at a computer run the same tasks, or get put on bitch duty and run all the televideo conference calls. My first duty station as one was in a literal basement, so at least 35f had being on ground level with a window as a perk.

The different between regiment and sota for 35N, is at sota youre gonna strictly be working with 35P on voice intercept type shit which is basically a collection of a bunch of voices and you run it through a program to make it clearer for the 35P. In regiment youre gonna be doing more of the generalized shit for the job, but also running the field equipment sometimes. At least thats what i know about it, all my info from those days is maybe 5 years dated, and its only from what the instructors told us about what we could do during the briefs about potential unit assignments.

35f and 35n are two totally different jobs btw. All the intel jobs are totally different. Sure each get a peek at the others world, but thats about it. As a 35f i never ran 35n programs or gear. 35n will never handle the same shit as 35f unless a unit is dumb as fuck and somehow doesnt have a 35f, or they need a temp at S2, which is what happened to me. Fortunately my S2 liked me more than my company so they kept me on and sent me to get secondary mos qualified as a 35F when i hit E5. Then when i reuped i went 35F. That specific unit was a shitty air cav unit. And they were like oh youre e4 hahahahaha casual status time bitch. No joke i worked 1 month at dental as a file clerk, free donuts so whatever.

Cont

Cont

Seems like your options are:
35n
>get to do signals shit
>get to work closely with nsa
>could get stuck in a basement
>stuck applying for gov or mil jobs to use skills
>4 or 5 year contract minimum i think
>sometimes do night shift work

35f
>get to do a bunch of different shit and can be assigned literally in every type of unit
>"take credit" for combining everyones work into a coherent report
>everyone hates on you for not having as good a job as them
>get to interact with all types of people, from special dudes to agents to civs to officers to all types of different jobs
>can find work in all careers area because of general knowledge of basic analytic skills and security training.
>ONLY 3 years contract.

IMO, and i mean MY opinion, go 35F, figure out what part of intel you wanna be in, then reclass after second year. In the meantime do airborne, do blc, improve self physically, work on education, etc. Then when its reclass time youll be really close to E5, and a pt stud hopefully.

Anything else?

>could get stuck in a basement
is this supposed to be a con? spoopy basements are the shit

Am I a moron for thinking that using no air conditioner or heater is helping to toughen me up mentally?

ya tahts pretty stupid.
Not caring is not the same as mental toughness.
The same as not being afraid isnt the same as bravery.

It's more than most people can handle, but you get used to a new climate within about a month. So if you "can't handle" being outside for more than 30 minutes, you will learn to and get used to it pretty quick if you're forced to. I don't think you're helping yourself by doing it, but not hurting yourself unless you smell bad and being silently judged for it.

the one punch man way

nah thats good man thanks for the help. i'll probably keep 35f as my #1 pick for now

It was for me, recycled air always makes me cough.

Alright buddy. But totally do what you wanna do, all the intel jobs are good to go, minus my gripe with 35P. But im just like, why not do 35f for 2 years and change until its reup time, then reenlist into another intel area you have interest in for 3 years with a bonus anyways. Its easier to swallow 3 years at a time than oh shit 5 or 6 years in the same job. I actually had a e6 who had been in for almost 20, and was a truck mechanic, rigger, infantry, finance, and linguist. He ended with linguist cause he needed to promote, and had an easy peasy time with korean dli because he was korean. He originally joined the army to get citizenship back in the 90s.

I heard the polygraphs are no Fuckin joke. Read somewhere that the first question they ask when they hook you up is if you researched on how to beat a polygraph test.

Just tell them yes, you watched 3 seasons of Lie to me

Will you be disqualified if you say youre into shemales when they administer the lifestyle poly? Asking for myse... My friend...

yes, and if you fail the penis inspection you become a comfort boy at the officer's club

Whats a good MOS where I won't interact with many people?

No worries I passed that in meps. Was 1 inche away from being disqualified. Thank god the marines require you to only need 2 inches to pass

how would you guys rank each branch's Basic Training as the most difficult to get through?

>Marines>Army>Navy>Coast Guard>Air Force

lol no one cares dude, im in the airforce and i have vitiligo all over my body and its not even in my medical file.

ive worked out side during hte summer for over 10 years and i just bring sun screen and shit.

the military only cares about shit if its affecting your service.

just dont say shit, go in there and when you get to your first duty station make an appointment and tell your doc about it, theyll treat you

also if youre not joining the airforce youre a dump fucking retard

Attached: ds00586-r7_vitiligothu_jpg.jpg (632x368, 80K)

91F

Switch cg with navy and its spot on imo

Depends on what you mean by "many" people, but I find most cyber jobs leave you pretty independent. However, as you move up, you will be attending meetings and doing a lot more planning with few exceptions. That'd be later on in E5 and up at the earliest, though.
Generally speaking, any job where independence isn't a crutch, which is not many military jobs. Keep asking around though.

i can confirm this, after the lackland rape scandal the airforce cucked its basic trainign so fucking bad, we used to do pushups and flutter kicks all fucking day while the MTIs threw our bunk beds all voer the place and tossed our lockers, now its a safe space.

after boot camp in the USAF they do airmans week which tells the airmen not to listen to NCOs and to speak up when you see problems. What its supposed to do is stop rape, instead it just makes a bunch of insubordinate airmen that wont take orders. Ive had airmen tell me that " you can talk to me like that" luckily i had good bosses that showed up and ripped their asses, when youre launching a mission aircraft its not the time to be dealing with disciplinary issues.

C-5M crew chief btw

Attached: C-5-Tank.jpg (1200x766, 250K)

>Marines>CG>Army>Navy>Air Force
ez

Why mention the coast guard. They are not apart of the military

i went to an NCO meeting and the enlisted head of every branch of every branch was there, the head of the coast guard is a dyke master chief and she was massively insecure and overly compensating for her lack of masculinity the whole time.

she kept saying things like " we gotta bail the navy out" or " we are like the airforce but our planes actually fly"

it was pathetic

So I scored an 82 on my afqt and over 50 on all my composite scores.I was only offered 3 rates at meps which were sub jobs and IT. While I was waiting I was talking to other navy recruits about what rates they got and their asvab scores. One chick who got an afqt in the 50s said she got offered a whole list of rates and another guy got a job as an engineman(rate I wanted) and scored in the 50s as well. My vision DQ from any aviation job but I feel like I should have had waaaaay more rates offered to me. I feel like they withheld some rates from me to push me into sub duties. I kept asking him if there were anymore rates opened to me but he said that's all i can get. i ended up signing for the sub rate but they said I can talk to my recruiter about finding another rate while I'm in dep(3 month wait). I was told by multiple people that I basically qualify for any rate(except aviation rates or anything to do with planes). Did they really lie to me to push me into sub?

I don't see any female MCPOCG what are you trying to say

Hey 350F guy, how do you feel about your 35Ts? I wanna know how people feel about them since I signed with them.

i guess the MCPOCG sent his deputy in his place

this is her
allhands.coastguard.dodlive.mil/2017/01/17/enlisted-empowerment-the-female-perspective-deputy-mcpocg-leilani-cale-jones/

now that's more like it user
it makes way more sense now
>I would be reticent to claim a blanket statement that there were obstacles I faced that male counterparts have not; however, that does not mean I don’t feel there have been people who believed I got to where I am because I was meeting some diversity “mission.” That feeling is rooted in being made aware of male counterparts in the past who expressed to others that an opportunity, such as assignment as a gold badge CMC, was because I am a woman.
>For women, it is an organization you can be on par pay wise from the get-go,
>The favorite part of my job is when we can advocate for the morale and welfare of Team Coast Guard – active, reserve, and families.

Attached: Deputy-MCPOCG-Cale-Jones-Official-Portrait-239x300.jpg (239x300, 18K)

Yeah, she was a walking progressives meme

Attached: 1436973640993.jpg (1364x2100, 1.63M)

I'm a 22 year old with an engineering bachelor degree from a decent state school and a 3.6 gpa. But since I had no internship and I'm a white male I've failed to get a job with my degree. The few connections I had didn't work out either, ironically one of them would have given me a nice government job had I had military experience at the time. I'm applying for the air force for technical experience right now and would like to be an officer as soon as possible, but my recruiter says there's a two year waiting period because of so many other graduates trying to do the same shit which I can easily believe.

Here's where it gets fishy and I'd like a second opinion on. My recruiter says there's a loophole that if I go in as enlisted and get a letter of recommendation from my supervising officer then I have a decent chance of becoming an officer after just one year. The problem is if that's a load of shit I would essentially be stuck enlisted for 4 full years. I don't mind going in enlisted at all, and I wouldn't mind if it took two years instead of one to become an officer, I just don't want to go in with too high expectations. How viable is that?

On the other hand I work at a fucking supermarket for nine dollars an hour right now so even if I have to be enlisted for four years I'll still do it anyway.

Attached: 1492287496098.png (598x628, 383K)

listen dude im an airforce enlisten staff sergeant crew chief. the recruiter may try to talk you into going enlisted to get a job faster, DONT LISTEN.

they make it sound as if its easy to go officer after you are in, it is not. Im in the process right now and its like a 20 month process from start to finish.

it is easier to go from the street to officer than to go from squadron to officer.

its better to work at walmart for 12 months if it means you get to go to OTS at the end of it, fucking trust me, do whatever you gotta do but go officer. dont fuck around enlisted.

I am trapped in hell.

Attached: Ockheed-c-5-super-galaxy.jpg (3000x1820, 1.93M)

But at the end of that 20 months will you actually become an officer? And can I begin that 20 month process immediately after going in? I can't fucking work at a supermarket for another year living with my parents.

me? maybe. theres no way to tell, i have to test and i submit a package of documents and just wait. The airforce tells me if ive been selected or not after waiting like 9 months. and no, youre not gonna start the process right away, youre gonna have to go through basic, tech school, and then when you get to your initial assignment theyre gonna want to qualify you first.

Because remember, youre a tool of the airforce.
You want to go officer? thats cool, but they need that aircraft fixed now, or that vehicle repaired asap, they dont give a fuck.

If youre unqualified youre a wasted asset, so itll probably be almost 2 years from time of entry to time you can begin the process, but even then its a shot in the dark.

You have to take a placement test called the AFOQT which is like a SAT so its real hard to study for. you have to have your commander sign off on you package, and youll need your supervisor to help you build the package since its very convoluted technical airforce garbage that is a deterrent from keeping shit heads out of the application process.

Trust me, go on welfare, get your food stamps, whatever you gotta do while you work at the super market, you will regret it for a long time if you dont wait untill you can get in as an officer.

Attached: 1058740_10201037592334843_1793593785_n.jpg (960x720, 95K)

Do not trust your recruiter.

When I was in the AF I worked with one guy who did this, I believe it's called blue-to-gold? This guy was basically a perfect human being as far as leadership qualities and job performance, literally a 1 out of a thousand grade A tool. If you doubt for even an instant that you are supreme leadership material do not go in thinking this is a possibility.

well theres blue to green which is airforce to army, but im in active duty USAF and ive never heard of blue to gold.

This is what I was fearing, but I don't see how I have any other option. That two year waiting period to join straight as an officer is the same "pie in the sky" bullshit I've been relying on for the last year looking for a job in the private sector, and that hasn't worked out. I just can't live like that anymore. With every year, every month, my chances of getting a job go from 0% to somewhere in the negatives. I've got nothing else.

are you familiar with USA jobs?

its how youre gonna get a civilian job on a military base

what state are you in

It's called green to gold.
You will not get a slot.

I've been using that already, it doesn't work. That's the connection I was talking about that I would have gotten if I had military experience. Would it be possible to continue applying for those government jobs even while still in my four year term? No, that sounds like bullshit to me.

Florida, but I've been applying literally everywhere but California and Alaska. I wouldn't mind going anywhere on the east coast after getting into the air force either.

if you gotta do enlisted then you gotta do enlisted, but just know what youre getting into, you already have the degree so by the end of your 4 year enlistment you could be an officer.

and there are benefits , you would recieve O1-E pay instead of just O1 which is a bump due to your enlisted service.

if youre gonna go enlisted you should go load master, you travel non stop, its the best job for a non married dude.

No, you are in the right. There was a recent study in the netherlands showing that just bracing the climate and limited ac, heat, jackets, etc improves your ability to bare different temperatures. I came from Maine to a place in cali where it's mainly 70 and sunny all year. They throw on jackets at 60 and are fucking wimps beyond belief.

Going through bct. I'm 26 and going in as an e4. Will I be singled out/targetted? Or if I just do a good job and try not to stand out, wilI be left alone? I'm guessing they'll be expecting more from me in skill/maturity, which is totally fair.

I'm a budding young Muslim homosexual with a knack for sucking cock. Is the Marine Corps really the best place for me? Ooh rah rah ackbar

airforce

gay muslims fly very well

Attached: 2B5C28E200000578-0-image-a-2_1439555792851.jpg (634x354, 49K)

Attached: alotofdamage.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

You'll only be singled out if you're a retard or a scum bag. Expect to get punished regardless because mass punishment is a thing.

everyone gets shit on in basic, its a good time, youll look back at it as some of the fondest memories of your life.

enjoy the suck

Been noticing a lot of publicity stunts with enlisted females and offensive phrases being restricted. Talked to a recruiter (navy) the other day and they had me sign a paper stating what my gender identity is. What's the branch with the least amount of PC bullshit?

It's in every branch. If "PC bullshit" is a deal breaker for you then enjoy life in the marine corps I guess.

That shouldn't even be a factor when deciding what you want to do for the next 4 years. Try to drop the Jow Forums irl

I hate /pol, I just miss the boys club mentality of boy scouts and was looking forward to that in some degree.

the marine corps arent safe

Marine corps or any combat arms MOS in the army is where there are hardly any females. Nothing but dudes in their barracks my dude

I hardly even remember basic, I just remember the few dumbasses that got fucked with.

i remember the stress made me hyper aggressive.

whenever someone fucked up my impotent rage got the best of me and i chewed them out so we didnt get yelled at

eveyone hated me accept for the alpha chads.

good times.

Join sub life. No females allowed on subs

I'm 6'4. How well will I fit in a deep sea dildo?

Looking at military intelligence, is there a specific fort they do BCT at or is it just whichever one I'm closest to? (Jackson)

So tried contacting the marines through their text chat service. They asked for my name and address, they asked for my date of birth and i toldem the date and 1997. Havent gotten a response since. Do they not take 21 year olds or did their shift end? Cause it said their services are from 9am-5pm and it was around 2:30pm in the west coast where im at?

At the end of the day they are still government employees, so they aren't going to make with quickness. I submitted an inquiry to the navy and had 2 meetings with a recruiter by the time they got back to me. Is there not an office near you?

It’s random, I went to Benning for my basic.

I'm going to be 32, a prior service e5 infantry guy who got out back in 2010. I got my degree, tried out a bunch of different careers and realized that I need to go back in.

I've narrowed it down to the 35 series, specifically 35P and 35M and am going to reenlist as soon as I get my PT scores back to what they were before.

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate an honest answer.
>Post retirement, which 35 job has the best prospects for civilian work?

>What happens to you if you fail out of DLI as a 35P? Do you reclass yo a different 35 series MOS?

>As a 35P, do you get to choose whether you go strategic or tactical?

>I was told by a recruiter that I could keep my rank (e5) since I went to WLC and BNCOC. Is this true?

FYI, I'm not going the officer route because I think theres a very real chance I'd get force branched into infantry again and spending time as a line unit PL is not something I particular want to do. I've had enough of that shit

Yup

Thats how navy does it, they tell u that oh you can choose any job u want, but then wait till you get to meps and yoyre all pressured to choose and swear in on whatever jobs they want you to sign for.

Army is better, get to choose job at recruiter station, no need to waste a trip to meps unless finally swearing in and signing the contract.

35T are all awesome dudes. Like that other user was telling you, super chill and joyful.

At my current job, civ one, we got a 35T who runs our s6 shop, and hes fucking awesome. Anytime we need new shit, hes like no problem, or he asks us hey you want some new shit or whatnot.

Fuck all that noise, go reseerve officer in airforce, youll get in faster, it will take pretty much a year for all the training and shit so youll be active full time getting money, save it, so that when training is done you can live for a few months on your own while you job hunt using youre newly acquired veteran preference and military work exp.

And if youre not settled on airforce, navy will take you, and army will take you within 6 months. If reserves, even faster.

Not him, but DO NOT apply for usaf jobs on that site, you will never get hired, the usaf inhires for everything, so if you had a contact they have to tell you which job you applied for and then they can pull you from the system. Apply for more than one job, look at previous meg thread where 350f user said how to apply for gov jobs and set up resume. And try again. It takes 30-60 days for a response for gov jobs.

Dont stick yourself to AF only, apply for navy and army cov positions as well. I know for a fact navy is very active with their hiring.

Just walk in

Or ask us questions. No one likes to work as a recruiter.

This 35 stuff gets asked alot so ive been saving random shit

Note 1

Neither will do much shit as i think youre hoping, but do 35N just because its the better job and more useful skillset. Being fluent in russian helps, but its not necessary job wise. As a 35P youre literally gonna be translating and transcribing, group wise, there arent many russian 35P needed, so they would more than likely send your ass to dli to learn something else. Reason why russian is not really needed, is cause russian is one of the easiest and shortest courses for linguists and SF to learn at dli. So the majority of 10th group will already know russian at a minimum.

Tldr
Go 35N and dlpt in russian at some point in your career. Also apply for airborne or rasp during ait, if thats what you wanna do. 35N in regiment do slightly more field stuff, and i mean field, when you deploy, even in regiment its practically the same shit as a normal 35N. Nowwith group, thats a different story, as sf support, youre gonna be tasked constantly, either going through collected shit, or very minorly actually doing hands on field stuff. Fyi youre not gonna do the job to full potential anywhere until E4 E5.

Note 2

To the guy asking about 35M at the end of thread last night. Yes its admin job, idk why you would think otherwise. Read the job description, it gives it away. What gets most guys is the interrogator job title, its totally not that. The difference between me and a 35N is that I handle humint documents, and they handle the sigint ones. Yes, you can go outside the wire, but those are the language qualified ones or 75th dudes. Regular 35M are office whores conus, and office whores with temp assignments oconus.

350f here, former 35p/n/f blah blah blah

So if u go 35p, and fail dli, you get reclassed needs of.

If you go 35m and fail dli, you stay a 35m

What usually is SUPPOSED to happen when you fail is you get recycled to an earlier date or day 1 restart, or if youre really a cool person they will give you a new language. Ive seen dudes get stuck at dli for as much as 3 years before they eventually say fuck it and take a reclass or tell them no more languages and miss out on their signing bonus.

Imo dli isnt worth going to unless you have 100% confidence you can pass, im talking, already fluent in a language, or photographic memory. I had zero language talent, struggled through the course, passed the course, failed the dlpt, and was thankfully reclassed into 35n so i could keep my bonus(was a 35W at the time[well, 98 series back then]).

Civ prospect wise, go 35N, you get direct hiring options with NSA straight after first contract.

35P, if you wanna do tactical or strategic, it all depends if you got airborne and sign up for regiment or sota or sf support. In a normal unit depending on language, youre gonna be a translator thats it.

Idk if you can keep your rank, but youll at least come in as an e4 promotable.

Dude, since you got wlc, which is now blc, have you considered 35L? As long as you got the asvab score for it, 101 st, you meet all the requirements, wlc, e5. I think you would like that WAY better.

Did you enlist yet bro?

Thinking of going National Guard so I can get free college. Is this a stupid idea? I've always wanted to join the military and might even go active after I get my degree.

I planned on doing 31B and once I get my Criminal Justice re enlist as a 31D.

My main goal was being able to join a government agency after all this. How bad of a plan is this.

>I usually have a tab open for meg and respond throughout the day when im looking at other shit on my phone.

different guy but you answered my questions fast, thanks for taking all the time to answer these for all of us

Do nukes have to do a polygraph?

Here's a probably stupid question - looking far, far ahead, lets say I go 35F and then make it through ranger school and RASP, and become part of the Regiment. will i be doing the "high speed" door kicking stuff even with a 35F mos?

Like said it's random. It's based on the time you go. I'm going to Sills, OK for instance since my ait starts in January.

I'm going in as 35t, how do I become a good person. I don't want to sully the reputation.

It ain't a bad plan but not all states have 31d in the national guard, so active would probably be required. At least when I checked for Cali there weren't any and I have a cj degree. Just be careful if you do computer forensics. I assisted a state police department with it and it's mainly kiddy porn.

Go SF if you want to do neato cheet-o shit.

I figured if I went 31D active it would help me get into the FBI or something as an investigator after.

Really the only other thing I'm interested in is maybe working at a CDC but I don't think there's any military jobs that aid in getting into that

31d would help with fbi, just have to pick a good specialization.

Im already a vet.
no

You have any tips on what to specialize in? Honestly I didn't even know that picking a specialization was a thing for 31D

I’m 29, too late for me; and I’m not sure I wanna get that neat-o Cheeto

At the 31d training you'll be able to pick schools like protective services vs svu. Also certain offices may specialize or have specializations like economic crimes (best for fbi) personal specialization can be:
>computer crimes
>forensic science (weirdos)
>svu
>likely others
The nice thing is it takes only like 2 years to hit warrant.

For tips I's say anything economic and computer will help with getting fbi. But also make sure you would actually want to deal with that type of crime. If you feel some personal mission to be svu, do that and the investigations experience and clearance should be good enough.

The cutoff age is liken 34 IIRC.

What really sucks is that I find those interesting but I don't know if I'd want to do them. What I like about the whole idea if this is that you get to find people that wronged someone and punish them.

Growing up in the south (and I know it happens elsewhere) you see a lot if domestic abuse and it just pisses me off. Little kids that are obviously fucked up due to their home lives and beat wives and shit.

Obviously I want to beat the shit out of their husband/dad but that doesn't solve anything. Honestly putting them behind bars is the best punishment.

Either that or murders but i assume that the homicide stuff is probably really overstaffed.

I just want help people that can't help themselves and stop crime. I'm sure I'm probably being a little to idealogical about the whole thing but it's just how I feel