Guns you own but have never fired

Guns you own but have never fired.
First one...my Sugar Old Army cap and ball.
>youtube.com/watch?v=UjWAoXyinAY
I picked it up just because I liked how it looked and I may never take it shooting. How autistic is that.

Attached: cap and ball.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7i-KslJKhA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's fucking pathetic. I don't own a gun that I haven't shot.

I have our more we never shot yet. A KELTEC CMR 30, the FN five seven we picked up last month then there is the Vepr 12 gauge and this cool 4 barrel Derringer deal I got for the wife cause she likes derringers.
Thats not even counting "wall hangers" I never even considered firing a round through.

Attached: pew pew.jpg (500x187, 14K)

my fathers uncles Winchester .22lr

my dad bought it back in 2015 or so to help pay for his medical/funeral bills. dont plan on getting rid of it cause he had it for decades, my father gave it to me this last Christmas so we had a second .22lr rifle.

I got a few guns from my grandpa when he died. One is a derringer. I think it is a .38 but honestly can't even remember. It is in the back of my gun safe and I haven't even looked at it in a couple years.

Can't bring myself to trade it simply because it was my grandpa's. But I guess getting some money out of it would be better than letting it rust.

I have our familys J.C. Higgins Model 36 Auto and it has to be like 60 years old. I can't even guess how many rounds all of us put through that rifle. Still love shooting it.
Derringers are fun, get some ammo for it and think about grampa at the range..maybe your ancestor will smile down on you user.
What else did you get from him?

I also got two .38 snub nose s&w revolvers, one aluminum frame and one stainless. And an aluminum framed 9mm semi auto s&w, a 3953 I think. I can never remember the model #. It is double action only which I really don't prefer.

I shoot the 9mm and .38 revolvers occasionally. I usually only shoot the steel revolver since I want to keep the round count low on the aluminum frame.

Your gramps had great taste. I wouldn't worry about frame fatigue to much user, aluminum holds up fine.

I own the exact same gun (except Blued) for the exact same reason.

It will likely never be shot with a powder load. I had mine snithed to accept shotgun primers instead of percussion caps. Mostly I use it to shoot wax and 3D printed bullets across my basement.

My type 99. Its a nice one too, I am just not willing to spend money on the dies to reload for it.

I decided to man up and take it to the range, maybe next week. I bought it cause it came with everything. I'm sure the caps are fine but no way I'm trusting an open container of powder. I'll take pics of everything in a few hours and post.
I shot an Arisaka once, it was cool
. Reloading is a many headed hydra. I haven't started but after some of the reloading threads here I know I'm not starting with a single stage so that initial cash layout will be a big bite at the savings account.

>I'll take pics of everything in a few hours and post.
Surely user will deliver

The only guns I haven't shot are my Remington model 11 because I haven't brought it to a range, and my next ar project because it's just a stripped lower with a pistol grip.

Better yet, get some lighter loads so there's less pressure

"target" loads are or at least used to be lower pressured loads than regular rounds. My point about user worrying about metal fatigue is kind of pointless unless he knows his grampa fired a lot of +p or even +p+ rounds through it. Likely that grampa had the same common sense as most gun owners do and stored it loaded with high pressure rounds on the nite stand and not fire a lot of them at cans and paper.
While metal fatigue is real and very serious it just isn't something anyone firing factory production ammo out of common name brand weapons really needs to worry about but this is the Magical Pace we call Jow Forums so minor and rare things are to be feared constantly and forever.

Muh mini and muh 10/22 TD
>reddit space
Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Oh and I bought them last year.

>Rugar Old Army cap and ball.

You've never shot it? That gun is crying its the finest cap and ball revolver ever made

>Surely user will deliver
If I can't find the cable I need to download pics from from my phone so after the wife gets around to grabbing it I will post pics. My bad user.
>You've never shot it? That gun is crying its the finest cap and ball revolver ever made
Yea I'm gonna get to the range with the Old Army and the other guns I picked up in the last few months. I never played with black powder anything but after watching this video last night I think I'm good to go.The gun came with everything I need but fresh powder
>youtube.com/watch?v=q7i-KslJKhA

You have experience with cap and powder? I didn't like how fast the guy in the video treated caps that didn't fire or misfired....seems like he should have waited a bit like I would if I had a misfire with factory rounds but he's been doing it a good while so WTF do I know.

This sweetheart.

Attached: class pistol.jpg (2448x3264, 1.22M)

T/c inline muzzleloader

Just too lazy to fuck with blackpowder lol i hate myself and havent gone shooting in like 2 years HAHAHAHAHAHAha

>>reddit space

I use spaces sometimes and the only time I have ever been on reddit was for moots ask me anything thread years ago.

Seems like it's only people stupid enough to spend time on a site that is owned, moderated and crowd controlled by leftist anti freedom asshats abd degenerate shiteating antifag types care about this thing called reddit spacing.

We need word filters with auto bans but we'll ever have mods who actually give a flying fuck about the quality of the boards content again. Now they're to busy being SJWs and protecting us from discussions concerning guns laws and things that really really don't belong on a weapons reflated board cause laws about guns sure as shit have nio business on a weapons board

I mean will someone please think about the children?

Attached: 10369327_1385158555070925_1054452681_a.jpg (306x306, 29K)

Haven't shot my Mannlicher 1905. After seeing a chap on Youtube break his hammer spring on his first firing attempt it's eliminated that urge for me. I am still looking into having a custom replacement fabricated, though.

Attached: IMG_7546.jpg (3072x2304, 911K)

I have a few.
S&W hand ejector 3rd change: Severely out of time and smoothbore, so it's more of a show piece.
Grandpa's revolver: Haven't bothered to drive an hour to the only store with .32 long around here.
Remington 870: Bought for clay shooting, never went. Classes were always getting out too late the past year.
Italian Vetterli: Too dangerous to shoot, plus a carbine converted to 6.5mm is worth much more than your average long rifle in 6.5mm.

>TL;DR

That is an interesting looking fire arm. Get the parts x-rayed and see if there are any stress fractures, Can't dost mare than a couple hundred bucks at a materials testing lab if that.
>a carbine converted to 6.5mm
Pics?

Probably more than half my collection, though I buy tons of milsurp with weird ammo selection

so what are we talking here like two guns max?

16 total, I'm not really a range guy. I buy and sell and kinda trade up for better ones I'm more interested in

Fair enough, what your coolest slav shit?

This thread is the type of people who will spend 1 grand on the CMP 1911s.

Got a few of those slav guns 2 sks and a m44 and 91/30, but I kinda favor some of the more strange guns. Some of my favorites

Attached: 1527396420227366079105.jpg (1836x3264, 2.25M)

Work more, get a better education and save money for a while and you can own nice things like the rst of us. I earned every penny I have and if I want a half a dozen guns on my "really need to shoot this someday" list that is no ones problem but my own.

What kind of SKS?

>I earned every penny I have and if I want a half a dozen guns on my "really need to shoot this someday" list that is no ones problem but my own.
I don't disagree with you but it's just not me. If I spend a grand on a gun it's going to be expected to be a shooter. Every lifestyle has to be represented on a forum like this. I can't possibly work more because I'm a farmer and I work all goddamn day and sometimes at night.

There are dumb poor fucks who are buying $300 Mosins because the internet says to while they could buy a better modern bolt-action and be less poor. The gun community needs more perspectives and less hive-mind BS.

>the gun community needs more perspectives and less hive-minded BS

Agree, which is why you should go KSG yourself, the amount of supposed firearm "enthusiasts" like yourself, who hate, or at the very least, badmouth on every gun except the current year model from a huge brand, completely outnumber firearm collectors and true to heart enthusiasts.

Look at every thread in here.

>hey guys what do y'all think of this super rare collectible firearm right here?
>"hurr durr get a Glawk"
>hey guys what do y'all think about this fun range gun?
>"hurr durr not practical, get an AyyyUrrFitteen"

This is why any thread that isn't a plastic handgun, ar, or ak thread, rarely hits 100 replies. And those very same threads, always have retards spamming "hurr durr just get an American Ruger Rifle".

In regards to surplus getting expensive...

It's a shame surplus went up, but that's the way it is and always will be, as people buy things up, and the population rises, things will become rarer. Future kommandos will look at movies or media featuring a Mosin, they'll look for one, and find none, so whoever is willing to let go of theirs, will bump up the price because they can.

Scarcity and availability, simple economics farmer boy.

Currently have 2 1959 sino soviets

My Remington Rolling Block, but only because I'm not setup to reload .43 Spanish. Everything else, including my Winchester 1907, has been shot before.

>I'll take pics of everything in a few hours and post.
Sure you will
checked
>I don't disagree with you but it's just not me.
So why post in this thread at all then? Sounds like you wanted to say stop liking thing I don't like. I'm not saying you are trolling just why post at all?
>If I spend a grand on a gun it's going to be expected to be a shooter.
I paid $25 for a single barreled break action 12 gauge a couple years ago. Must be a hundred years old and no one in their right mend would shoulder it and pull the trigger but I love the history of old stuff like that...guess we should just melt stuff like that down.
>Every lifestyle has to be represented on a forum like this. I can't possibly work more because I'm a farmer and I work all goddamn day and sometimes at night.
I spent time on a farm when I was young, you have all of my respect so I apologize for that sarcastic comment. Would be cool to spend time on a farm again
>There are dumb poor fucks who are buying $300 Mosins because the internet says to while they could buy a better modern bolt-action and be less poor.
Again, people doing things you don't like, though I completely agree with the whole nugget frenzy here but so what. I have a nugget but i think it was over priced at $90 but again there is a history to it.
>The gun community needs more perspectives and less hive-mind BS.
Your are both right and wrong in this sentence. A hive mind is a perspective and yet I agree with you about needing less of it but this is Jow Forums.
I agree with you train of thought right up until you don't want me or others dong what we want. People should enjoy their hobbies the way they want.....except for furfags.

I enjoy plinking with my SKS more than trying to hit the center ring at 300 meters with my AR 10 that i have like $2,300 into. I think I need to get back to shooting becuase I like to knock cans over and sell the higher end wepons I have accumulated, lets face iut none of us are going to operate IRL outside on during a military enlistment.

Agreed, SKS and other cheap slav weapons are just tons of fun just to plink. Just bring a few friends out to the range, and that's automatically a good day.

I didn't know adults were allowed to post on Jow Forums

Fritz Langenhan Selbstlader

Even had new screws made for it an everything

Attached: Langenhan (1).jpg (910x669, 288K)

Also haven't fired my Waffenfabrik Jager because I am waiting on someone to make a trigger spring for it

Attached: Jager Trigger Bar.jpg (3247x2065, 1.64M)

Pretty cool, I've never seen one before. I recently got an FN 1900, looks very similar

Langenhan has the recoil spring over the barrel like the 1900, also has a sliding breechblock.

The issue is that its held in place by a stirrup, unless its very tight, bad things will happen

Attached: Langenhan (2).jpg (913x659, 292K)

>Just bring a few friends out to the range, and that's automatically a good day.
>bring a few friends out to the range,
>friends
Why so mean?

Attached: 1234.gif (640x480, 77K)

/komrade, I'd shoot with you any day

OK, how about tomorrow?

Attached: 1461826499032.gif (592x570, 386K)

I've got a Glock 23 I bought off a coworker and a PSA freedom rifle kit that I put together. Got both about 2 months ago and haven't made it out to shoot them yet.. but I work 16 hour shifts 5 days a week so my weekends are usually spent catching up on sleep and chores.

uhh... uhhh... I gotta uhh.. doctors appointment, yeah a doctors appointment. Maybe next time

Yea...me too