Su-57 fighter launched an advanced cruise missiles in Syria

youtube.com/watch?v=iACk08Gp2HE

Launched a Kh-59MK2 from it's internal weapon bay.

Attached: DeD-wm3XUAA6Kmx.jpg (989x452, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=332&v=EeeTJbd9w6M
youtube.com/watch?v=TS0Jss-4_WY
youtube.com/watch?v=zKcS2vcYtr4
youtube.com/watch?v=83jxtwQp5J8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Air_Force
tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201803011617-3tfk.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=EeeTJbd9w6M
newsweek.com/iranian-military-mastermind-leading-battle-recapture-tikrit-isis-311516
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Kh-59MK2
>Su-57
It's about time either of these things actually did something

I was looking for this thread

Attached: yIq3U.gif (493x302, 652K)

Attached: aM0F82g.jpg (2560x1707, 590K)

With the announcement that Russian air force was getting the Kh-50 made me think the Kh-59MK2 was dead to be honest. But apparently they still want it to use it on the Su-57's weapon bay.

arnt the Russian red missiles dummies?

Attached: 1369501383160.jpg (2870x1913, 415K)

they are test versions with smaller warheads
which kinda makes me think why use it on syria?

Field test?

in syria? if they use it as an attack weapon considering that this might had failed this would be very stupid of them

IF

>IF

why the hell someone will go in syria to test a weapon then? clearly they wanna see if its going to be used as such
but considering this is a test weapon this probably didnt happen on syria

Good for them. The Su57 is sexy. If only they had a functioning economy, maybe they could finish it up and sell some.

>testing various aspects of an aircraft is directly connected to their economy

that is just some Jow Forums logic beyond understanding

>pink missile
I really hope the Russians invented a gay bomb to use against Islamists.

Maybe its a propaganda effort? Fire a test missile somewhere the global media will see it to demonstrate that it is indeed real to their international doubters?

>why the hell someone will go in syria to test a weapon then?
Syria opposition don't have any kind of air defend system. And they can't check the target on a active war zone

so then why test it there ? like is this thing so beyond your mind?

lets make it clear, they didn't test it in syria as this is really really dumb idea

Attached: 1jkmo7.jpg (680x441, 42K)

Yes, i agree that it is really stupid to test a cruise missile in Syria. The opposition force don't have any kind of anti air so they can just done a same test in Russia.

welp the official footage of it youtube.com/watch?time_continue=332&v=EeeTJbd9w6M
5.32 and on
i initially thought that this was the ryn desert on russia but this place doesnt look like this at all
they really did test it on syria

It look like ocean, probably the sea west of Latakia

its a fucking desert user not an ocean

Look like the ocean to me.

didn't said anything where it was tested

and it was not tested in syria, let my try explain layers of stupid on why

first of all, you would need sneak su-57 in syria, either flying them over iraq ( where usa is) or turkey, greece, why would you ever do this, why allow blues any chance to snoop about your new fighter ? or they could ship it in container or some shit and reassemble in syria, why?

second operating your experimental fighter/ experimental weapon in area that includes american, jew, french, turkish, bong, saudi intelligence assets

third those tests needs controlled environment to confirm results, if they are used in safe zone, where you can confirm results on target, track weapon, you would just do it in russia away from unwanted eyes

if your enemy got no ada, then why test it there and on them?

and if you do, what happen if your experimental weapon fails and is captured by lets say usa ?

>first of all, you would need sneak su-57 in syria
But they did sneak Su-57 in Syria.

Shoigu confirmed it in March

su 57 have been spotted on syria 4 times so far 5th with this one
hell we already have seen footage of them landing
and sat images of them in latakia

can you provide pictures ? i mean i defies all logic, but this russians we are talking about

samefag here

the takeoff
youtube.com/watch?v=TS0Jss-4_WY
and the landing
youtube.com/watch?v=zKcS2vcYtr4

Attached: file.png (960x540, 728K)

>5th with this one
Shoigu said the test was in february.

Su-57 was in Syria for 2 day in february

Neither does the Syrian government, if the recent air strikes are any indication

wow really, its not that was doubting you guys, i just don't pay enough attention into syrian bs

on other note, russian, shit nigger what are you doing ?

its very best, ok?

>where can we test our soon to be stealth aircraft on a hot and dry enviroment since no one will allow us?

aircraft testing 101

Wait, so if I get it right this was in February in Syria, meaning Su-57 was tested in combat 3 months before F-35?

Attached: t-50-2ll with izdeliye 30.jpg (1500x1013, 456K)

it was tested recently on combat during its last visit few days after the may 9 which probably they conducted the weapon test

No, weight dummies are white with black stripes. Red are test pieces.

Attached: r-77.jpg (768x492, 178K)

To test it in field. Look up Ka-50 use in combat in Chechnya, it was pretty much the same: field test supported by a couple of Mi-24 in case something goes wrong.

Attached: ka-50 & mi-24.jpg (1920x1080, 559K)

No, the test was a non combat mission.

Shoigu said it launched cruise missiles in February.

>first of all, you would need sneak su-57 in syria
Good morning.

Attached: 9df80571696b0df9b921e2b6fdd3e.jpg (600x398, 18K)

So Su-57 is now capable to launch at least 4 internal carried intermediate range stealth cruise missiles. Wow...

Attached: IfPyRYHh7VA1.jpg (2231x1328, 483K)

Shoygu literally said it was a combat mission.

>why allow blues any chance to snoop about your new fighter ?
Because it's a show-off propaganda project, so you want to show it off.

>people deploy war assets to a war
There's a limited amount of time you can hide your new tech from the enemy

Wait, isn't this the plot of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon?

youtube.com/watch?v=83jxtwQp5J8

I mean fuck, it's the exact same plane too.

KA50 is the most aesthetic attack chopper, prove me wrong.

>Missiles are carried on wing pylons, not internally
>Cruise missile is used from point-blank range
>Explosion the size of fucking FOAB
Take this shit back to /v/.

Why would I try to prove wrong someone who speaks truth?

Attached: ka-50 over moscow.jpg (1199x803, 675K)

Too bad that IRL this warhead is a hugeass FOAB barrelbomb, not suitable for any missile (except large ICBM).

Attached: FOAB.jpg (1192x720, 65K)

>except large ICBM
I don't think any modern ICBM except for R-36M with its 8.8 tonnes throw weight could cary it.

Attached: r-36m2_15a18m__3.jpg (240x400, 19K)

Sarmat will be able

Attached: 17B6D12E-671B-4217-A9EC-A5302BB86DB7_cx0_cy6_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg (1023x575, 51K)

Sarmat is pretty much R-36M built with modern technologies tho. SS-18 is that fucking good.

Attached: M6w6Qpx.jpg (800x600, 83K)

Better get used to it, odds are we'll be up to our eyebrows in that stuff for the rest f the year once the new Ace Combat drops.

Why does attack helicopters have "BBC" written on the side? Is there something the Russians aren't telling us?

It's VVS in cyrillic. IIRC short for "Air Combat Forces"

Because it's an abbreviation for Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily in Cyrillic.
>The Russian Air Force (Russian: Boeннo-вoздyшныe cилы Poccии, tr. Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily Rossii, literally "military air forces of Russia")
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Air_Force

Attached: tu-160 (10).jpg (1280x973, 128K)

nope the february visit was pretty much 2 days long
we all were tracking it via the military mode s on themess.net unless it did a release while going back to russia this never happened

the only possible day it could have happened was in the last visit where it was there for 5 days and it was doing some sort of low altitude flying via ltk->aleppo->al sukhnah->homs that was the general area of OP's during those days

But you can imagine it stands for "Blyad Black Copter" if that's what you'd prefer.
(We know you would, pervert)

Attached: ka-50 (4).jpg (1500x998, 226K)

Two russian officials (Shoigu and Slyusar) say it happened in February. Two days is a lot of time to launch missile.

>Recent

Israel has been bombing Syria with impunity for years. The also blew up their heavily defended nuclear reactor before the war and Iraq's in the 1980s.

Bagin Doctrine is that they won't allow other regional players to get nukes and will maintain the ability for a devastating first strike against any nuclearization, hence all the raid training and them doing so well.

For some reason Pakistan was ok and they settled for just poisoning or shooting Iranian nuclear scientists for awhile now.

Thats cool to know and all, but I am never not going to assume it stands for "Big Black 'Copter"

Chinkshill here.

Sorry Russia that I doubted you. This news fucking rocks. Internally carried stealth missiles will BTFO American pigs. I hope our J-20 will show this off one day as well, but till then...

Long live Sukhoi!

Attached: DeDo1lAXUAEz66O.jpg (583x375, 19K)

Looks like it was dug out of Putin's sock drawer.

I wonder why is that?

It was a joke friendo. I wasn't trying to say it was realistic, just found it amusing that the Russians are sending out SU57's with a similar looking red cruise missile to the one in the game.

It looks plain light grey from the bottom. Which flight is that in particular? RF-81775?

Attached: t-50 rf-81775.jpg (1500x1013, 565K)

Congratulations on attaching a rocket to a dildo, Ivan.

I was commenting on the game itself, user, not on your joke.

Attached: t-50-4 (5).jpg (1500x916, 172K)

IIRC China actually purchased the Kh-59MK2 ALCMs as well like last year?

Attached: 114602azjuzpap7ojpqjpd.jpg (1078x726, 120K)

America BTFO

One major reason the Israelis didn't blow Pakistan's nuclear program in its infancy is simple geography; the bombing run be a ~7000 km round trip at minimum, and that would involve flying over Iraq & Iran, which means no aerial refueling.

Attached: 1444753820586.jpg (720x458, 86K)

Oh. That's understandable then, it's Japanese.

I'm pretty sure they got Kh-59MK, since that's the anti-ship variant. I sincerely doubt Russia would sell Kh-59MK2 to anyone at least before they feel they produced enough for themselves, since it's one of their latest top notch missiles and I'm not even entirely sure if they finished testing it yet.

China has the GB-6A powered dispenser. But I dont know if it would fit inside the bays of the J-20.

In any case, the Kh-59MK2 is a quite compact missile at only 400mm diameter.

Attached: GB6A Extended Range Dispenser 1.jpg (2000x1333, 624K)

It happens at times when they feel that the funds gained from selling can fund future research on an improved version.

They leapfrogged a bunch with the Su-30 variants IIRC

Back in February there were news on Russia media that Su-57 conduct an airstrike for test purposes but it was written off as fake news or something.

tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201803011617-3tfk.htm

Apparently the footage they showed yesterday is from this airstrike.

>Su-57 saw combat before the F-35

LOL

You stupid cunt, the red ones go faster.

How come the russians are flying a new jet that close to NATO without any luneberg lens?

"Red aircraft must fly faster than the black ones".
Robert Ludvigovich Bartini.

Attached: 23(32).jpg (980x653, 185K)

Russia can into cruise missiles now? How far have they come.

Russian ballistic is arguably the only thing they sill got a lead on despite all the budget problems, which they funnel into that field as much as they can.

To be fair the Syrians shot down an F-16 a few months ago

the Israelis play dirty, fly their planes through Lebanon's undefended air space

they couldn't do shit about pakistan

>they couldn't do shit about pakistan

They also didn't give a shit about pakistan, they knew it was too concerned with India to even give a shit about the rest of the muzzies especially since it needs ties with both Iran and the saoudis. Pakistan was also arguably US aligned at the time and even the jews jewing have limits, albeit very far reached.

Footage is from here at 5:34 seconds:
youtube.com/watch?v=EeeTJbd9w6M

it's called "propaganda" user

it's what all the cool kids are doing

>iraq ( where usa is)
oh user, my sweet summer child
newsweek.com/iranian-military-mastermind-leading-battle-recapture-tikrit-isis-311516

all the US invasion accomplished was hand Iraq over to Iran on a silver platter

Attached: IRGC_trained.jpg (2048x1365, 341K)

>Russia can into cruise missiles now?
Lol, bitch, please.

Attached: mig-27k (2).jpg (4000x2161, 1.56M)

Kh-59MK2 has basically the same specs as the Scalp EG / Storm Shadow cruise missile.

>Kh-29T
>cruise missile

How is it not a cruise missile?

It has a maximum range of like 30km when launched from high altitude, and its ability to hit targets at that range/altitude is entirely dependant on the size of that target and its contrast against the background, cloud cover and weather. Oh and it can't be used at night.

It's an oversized Maverick equivalent.

So they'd kill each other more so than before?

Because why not test it in Syria? There is no better test than the real battlefield test.

how do you think they got all the rest of their aircraft into syria

I think the red one is this aircraft.

Attached: Bartini VVA-14.jpg (1024x753, 297K)

cool a test missile over russia launched from an su-34 with a body kit.

Yeah, the other one is projeckt 73, aka: Target practice

You're right, silly me.

Attached: tu-95ms16.jpg (1056x327, 65K)

Because I have the mind of a perverted 10 year old and that shit is hilarious to me.