Newfag

Inb4 newfag go

Are there any videos or something on how to sight a gun in? I own a couple .22s and I wanna build myself an AR I’m confident in my mechanical abilities to figure out how properly, but I wanna Gucci it out with a holo, a grip, and a laser/flashlight, can someone explain to me how? Like how it all works?

Attached: CF83D150-F313-4891-84C5-5FC53D2768A1.png (750x1334, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

savannaharsenal.com/armory/rifle/ar-15-m4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Like how it all works?

AR15’s aren’t legos. Buy a 6920 or an M&P15 then learn how to shoot it.

But of course, you want to fit in with /arg/ so start off your gun with a good foundation like a poverty pony lower.

>he think adding an holo, a grip and a flashlight means GUCCI
haha no, first look into cheap parts so if you fuck up you don't regret it, then you need armorer tools like the go/no go and barrel wrench for your AR15, then you need to look only on how to use them in good condition, if you can't ( which i would understand ) bring them to a gunsmith so he can assemble the barrel for you. for the rest ( trigger assembly, bolt and others ) it shouldn't be really problematic and you can easily change them over time so take whatever you want but at least make sure you know what you are doing.

>any videos on how to sight a gun in?
Youtube it
>I want to Gucci it out
Just stop
>can someone explain it to me
You know how to use google right?

IIRC most optics have instructions on how to sight in the specific optic you just bought

Get a bolt action and into hunting, this place rots your mind and makes you think SCARs are actually useful.

Attached: 25294704_1.jpg (1023x680, 50K)

>that pic
>that post
fudd pls

>How to sight a gun in

Go look up "battlesight zero". You may not want to do it exactly that way, hut the process will explain a lot about ballistics and aimpoints

Also note that different loads for the same caliber will likely land in any direction and distance from the kind of ammo you zero with. Pick an ammo and stick with it, or use one as reference and find windage and elevation adjustments from there. Keep a DOPE sheet.

>I value practical innexpensive rifles
MOOOOODDDSS THIS GUYS A FUDD!!!

I plan on hunting with my scar 17

is it a just because you can or do you not own anything else. Things like 4kgs with an optic, would hate to have to carry it for long. Theres some cheap as fuck light boltys out there now, not saying that you shouldnt own a scar, its just a stupid choice for hunting.

>Are there any videos or something on how to sight a gun in?

Attached: 1523502037938.png (1278x720, 765K)

>AR15’s aren’t legos
The hell they aren't. If you have a difficult time with an AR, consider handing the project to your tard wrangler.

I may be stupid, but you may be a manlet. it's not that heavy.

Op here. Not tryna fit in, not tryna hunt with it. I like AR frames, I like 5.56, I like building stuff;l, not looking for super high end insanse rifle, I wanna build and use something, and I maybe wanna learn to be a better shot. And I brought it here instead of google because I wanted a “tell me like I’m retarded” what videos are good information and have worked for other folks, and if it’s as simple as “turn knob left if ur shooting right” kinda shit, coming for that knowledge, give a new guy some info yo.

>4kg
>heavy
pic very much related

Attached: soyboy.jpg (750x750, 95K)

>AR15’s aren’t legos
Nigger are you retarded, that's exactly what they are.

I dont get this? Why carry heavy shit when theres an alternative, do you ever leave the range. Go tahr hunting and youll learn to appreciate light guns.

bc its not heavy at all, how much do you weigh?

70kg, I get that its not "heavy" but its still unnecessary weight for hunting.

youre so cute!

where my 200lb niggas at

Assembling an AR is pretty easy with minimal instructions. I thought I'd have a problem with my first one but it's as simple as people say.

If you plan to make an 80%, get a jig. Use the depth gauge at partial increments at the end.

If you want a challenge, try a different platform. The AR is easy to assemble and fun to shoot. Biggest problem I had was with an out of spec cheap chinese lower kit. I had to replace the roll pins with slightly smaller ones.

You need to spend less time hunting and more time lifting.

What do you hunt that is so light? I get it if you are hunting tiny rabbits and maybe pigeons, but if you're dragging a deer back to your truck I doubt your biggest complaint is going to be "gosh that rifle is a few ounces too heavy".

Because its probably some idiot that does "hunting", they walk 200 yards from the truck to their tree stand that's 50 yards away from a mountain of corn under some feeder that's been running for the last 5 months and they take 18 gorillion selfies for the gram on their "big huntin trip".

First post worst post

What do you do with the carcass? Just leave it?

If you hunt for food, the extra weight of a rifle is pretty small compared to the game you're carrying out of the woods. If you are too much of a pussy to carry your rifle, how do you carry your deer?

Reds and Tahr mainly, do goat culling, but dont do anything with them. Like 90% of the time youre not carrying the tahr, dont get why people here dont like weight reduction, no different then reducing the weight of your pack.

Are you retarded? Do you shoot a deer, then strap it to your back and walk around the woods the rest of the day with the dead animal on your back instead of heading to your truck?

Does your truck stall out if your gun is a few ounces heavier than the lightest bolt action? I'm trying to think of a scenario where a slightly heavy rifle makes a damn bit of difference.

>but I wanna Gucci it out
Thats where ya fucked up

Attached: 8CE8600A-6023-478D-91AC-89AFD4D8BB82.jpg (2448x3264, 1.34M)

Ok well take a SCAR and go hike for 10miles with it, then tell me you think its so easy. Don't reply until then.

is this bait? Go talk to some faggit who used an slr in veitnam and theyll complain about the rifle being heavy rather then the pack.

Oh yeah, I forgot I'm supposed to larp that I'm in Vietnam when hunting. Thank you for your cervix you make me free.

It's just hunting, the rifle isn't that heavy.

Fine then, its your shoulder faggit.

I used to hike much further with a rock bar, shovel, and a lunch. Waaah. Ounces are heavy.

>Get Colt OEM
>Slap furniture on it
>Slap good BUIS on it
>????
>Profit
Get a good AR before building your own. Dogshit ARs are not really worth it if it's going to be either your first or only one.

As far as zeroing goes, here.

savannaharsenal.com/armory/rifle/ar-15-m4/

That site will pretty much tell you everything you want to know, in detail, and much more.

I'm confused. isn't the SCAR known for being notably light? with all the polymer parts and everything...