Best single shot .50 for the money

I'm saving up to get a bolt action .50. I was hoping for some opinions from people who have shot them. Which do you think is best for the money? Pic related, but probably not going to go with the safety harbor unless somebody has a really eye opening opinion of it.

Attached: SHTF-50-BMG-Upper-Conversion-video-1.jpg (550x366, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/772815433
serbu.com/products/bfg-51
serbu.com/products/rn-50
mccutchenfirearms.com/50BMG-Upper-Receivers-s/106.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally nobody? One bump and them I'll let it die.

>Pic related,
DO NOT BUY

Half of the user base here is too fucking poor to afford anything besides mosins and hi-points. About a quarter can afford basic bitch ARs and Glocks. About another quarter can afford Gucci ARs and HK pistols. An infinitesimal remainder can afford to get into shit like .50BMG rifles, and of that small group, probably only half are even interested in such things.

Anyway unless you're trying to hit targets over 2,000 yards, there really no reason to get a .50 over a .338 Lapua. The latter will be a lot cheaper, both for the rifle and for the ammo. Unless you just want a .50 because "fuck you 50 caliber", which is a perfectly legitimate reason to buy one... just, be cognizant of what it is you actually want is all I'm saying.

Not OP but was also thinking about it. Why not?

not him but SHTF 50 bmg uppers have a reputation of firing the bolt out the side of the receiver wall or just blowing up in general
theres way too little metal on it, having an aluminum AR15 lower underneath something thats meant to shoot a titanically high pressure cartridge isnt a good idea in general
if one wants to get a single shot fiddy cal, get one of the actual production single shots that are seperate guns and not just half-assed ideas slapped onto Muh UrrFifteen

Never heard of that happening. But never saw anyone talk about them, thanks user

Make your own out of a surplus M3 barrel and plumbing supplies
Put it on youtube.
Yeah, this. There might be two or three anons at most with the experience to provide useful answers, if they even see this thread, it will be because of a flood of shitposting retards like me, and how will you sort out their pearls of wisdom?

Bumping for interest

Steyr HS 50

I was in your shoes a few months ago, I wanted an inexpensive .50BMG - in the end I have decided to do a project long range bolt action rifle in either (bear with me on my reasoning):
>.300 win mag
>.338 win mag
>.308 Winchester

I know those are all vastly different guns but a) I can’t justify spending what it costs to buy a “good” .50 cal b) for the money I can buy a very great bolt action that will require a fraction of the effort c) the first two of this listed will give you very good range and power

I have been increasingly intrigued by creating a good, simple to use .308 Winchester DMR type rifle out of a accurate off the shelf bolt action with a PA 4-14 acss. Anyway I just want a good gun for hog hunting and shtf

Attached: 6E8DCE34-9D29-4248-8101-A196DC290E15.png (900x270, 169K)

Nice blog friend

Yeah I kinda knew they were cheap. That's why I said I wasn't going to get one unless somebody had something really convincingly good to say about them. Sounds like they are the new vulcan 50. Do not want.

I have a 338 winmag. I want something bigger. Doesn't have to be a .50. The thing is because of work I have relatively easy access to once fired used brass.

nobody going to talk about that functional abortion nunsuch made?

Do you mean he made something else than a slamfire shotgun?

Attached: 1411529860410.jpg (599x797, 64K)

It worked, so it has that going for it. The fiddy him and Serbu made is supposedly a pretty good value for a single shot. It ain't super tactical and it's as far removed from high speed as you can get, but if you've gotta chuck some heavy lead then that Serbu/RN .50 is a pretty decent entry. Heard it's fairly accurate for .50 BMG, not that it matters.

If money is a concern, you should not be buying a .50 cal.

This is why poorfags stay poor. Low IQ people and their low time preference I fucking swear.

He said "best for the money", not "cheapest".
Do you go around threads looking for excuses to call people poorfags?

Whats a good 50 cal bolt action?

yeah, it actually looks ok to me. The breech literally threads off, so it takes 6 minutes to reload, but
> it costs $1300
> less than 25 percent of the next runner up

> fairly accurate for .50 BMG, not that it matters
I've got exactly one shot, what else am i going to do, other than aim real careful?
accuracy matters here.
50 bmg has good potential for extreme range

>The breech literally threads off, so it takes 6 minutes to reload
Jesus
How about a fucking falling block or something

>blogposting
>redditspacing
fuck off faggot

Attached: 1523552107872.jpg (200x200, 32K)

gunbroker.com/item/772815433

M95 to LARP the fuck out of my Battlefield Bad Company fantasies?

>fairly accurate for a .50
>3.4km kill in combat
>fairly accurate

He's talking about the rifle you dolt

the rational goes:
> let's make it lighter
> and cheaper
it also happens to apply perfectly even pressure 360 degrees around the entire cartridge, so it's consistent.

Also, i'm exaggerating the reload time, look it up.
No joke it's long, but it's still a viable weapon for certain applications and it's certainly the cheapest way to make noise with 50.
As far a fun gun, it's probably good to go.

I realize that .50 cal is not cheap. I fully expect to be putting several thousand dollars into it. I however am not going to start on it by dropping 12 grand on a used barret. There are numerous options from the 2.5 to 5K range and some them seem wildly overpriced for what they offer. So yes there is a basic economic price to performance consideration to take into account you smarmy cunt.

Well, I mean, yeah accuracy matters but it's not like you're in a position where you'll ever really need a super precise .50. You're mostly just taking it out every now and then to make some noise with the boys, have fun shooting watermelons or whatever, and then going home. You're not an operator, operating operationally in operations. You're just some dude with a .50 for fun. Nothing wrong with that, but for your purposes you don't need better than 3 or 4 MOA. The fact that this is better than your needs and is pretty cheap is just gravy on the cake, dude.

McCutchen is god tier

t. I have one

For the money? A Vulcan, shit's to die for.

serbu.com/products/bfg-51

3.1k for the fully kitted out version with a bipod, and 36" barrel. You can of course get shorter barrels and such to make it cheaper.

OR

serbu.com/products/rn-50

2k for the fully kitted out version with the 36" barrel and such. Difference between this one and the one above is this one is breech loaded with a screw on breech, while the other is a single shot bolt action. Depending on how fast you need to shoot, the extra 1.1k cost might be worth it to you.

Personally i'm planning on getting the breech loaded version because I don't think the speed of a bolt vs breech is worth 1.1k. Also if you were planning on using it for hunting (whatever you plan on hunting), you only get 1 shot really, either you hit and it works or you miss and the sound scares the target off. Dealing with the breech will be a pain in the butt compared to a bolt, but i'd probably only shoot a box of 20 per trip. 50 BMG ain't cheap.

that's an awful lot of wrong information packed behind the single weasel-word "need"

if i'm going to drop 1.3k on what could potentially be a very useful sniper/AM rifle, why would i even consider the dogshit you're peddling

you can buy a single shot AR15 .50 bmg upper for like 3-4 grand so yeah not many people on Jow Forums with that kind of money but its very affordable. of course, shooting 5 dollar bills per shot at the range is not something most people can do with regularity

>I however am not going to start on it by dropping 12 grand on a used barret.
single shot Barrets aren't 12k, brainlet.

My dude. You're literally never going to use it as an AM rifle and I'm the guy that suggested the RN-50 in the first place. All I'm saying is that it's got capabilities that aren't necessary for your use case. I'm not even trying to talk you out of getting it or anything, just making an observation.

You're so touchy, big guy, lighten up. Go get your fun. Post webms. I'll be cheering for you from the other side of the screen, I promise.

Attached: Actiondescription.jpg (530x639, 72K)

Attached: Pricelist.jpg (487x640, 32K)

Serbu makes an interesting single-shot .50 with a screw off breech end cap, I believe its in the 1k range.

Attached: Specsheet.jpg (487x640, 35K)

Get a m99 Barrett. They can be found for 3500-4000 if you shop around. .50BMG is cheaper than .338LM. not had a problem with mine in the past 8 years. Simple to clean and shoots ball ammo pretty good, but handloads do much better as with most guns. I pay about $3.05 a round for ball on average Sometimes less or more. Go with the fluted barrel and a fixed X10 scope and you won't be disappointed.

One when I first got it. I had to get it off my FB page. It's been a while since I've shot mine.

Attached: FB_IMG_1527427528480.jpg (720x405, 48K)

>missing the point this hard

Nice. How much was it?

I'm kinda done with answering this guy.

I'm really starting to like this McCutchen upper. Has anyone ever seen or handled one in the wild?

Attached: McCutchen.png (1000x181, 86K)

Shit forgot link.

mccutchenfirearms.com/50BMG-Upper-Receivers-s/106.htm