QTDDTOT

I didn't see a thread, so here we go.

I feel like my IWB appendix carry makes me look lopsided. Any suggestions to fix that or will nobody notice and I'm just being a faggot?

Attached: cb5.gif (277x326, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

municion.org/30mm/30x173Oe.htm
municion.org/30mm/30x173.htm
pastebin.com/UT5BPPCU
brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-m16-a1-lower-receiver-prod107496.aspx?psize=48
tntesales.com/604-a1-slab-side-upper-receiver-stripped/
tntesales.com/m16a1-5-56-barrel-assembly-1-9-lite-qpq-a1-a2-fsb/
joeboboutfitters.com/Toolcraft-Black-Nitrite-Bolt-Carrier-Group-AR15-M-p/tool-tooauto-011bn.htm
surplusammo.com/products/dpms-ar-15-complete-lower-receiver-parts-kit.html
uscollectorsordnance.com/online-store/M16-Original-Type-D-Fair-condition-furniture-set-p95088405
uscollectorsordnance.com/online-store/Accessories-Other-c23332009
trngcmd.marines.mil/Portals/207/Docs/TBS/B2E2657 Squad Weapons.pdf?ver=2015-05-26-161447-153
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hear a lot of people online, especially those interested in cowboy guns, say that having your pistol and carbine have interchangeable ammunition useful, but what exactly is the benefit? I don't see one unless youre the kind of retard who would put incorrect ammunition into your gun.

Alright guys, so after this Korea rotation, i'll be 21 and can get a pistol, also about to build up my stock. I'm thinking about getting a mosin and an SKS just to start off because they are extremely cheap. Possibly will get an AR-15 at some point because familiar platform. What kind of pistol should i get?? Really want a revolver but i also want to get my conceal carry, so maybe a .45 glock or something would be best off. What other guns are cheap besides those first two that i could get for some fun shooting out in the prairie?

marlin 795
ruger lcr

how can you be so dense as not to see the utility in having 2 or more firearms using the same ammunition?

depends upon what you're wearing and how fat you are. Chances are, unless you're fit and wearing jersey shore faggot shirts no one will notice.

Carry another gun on the other side.
>a mosin and an SKS just to start off because they are extremely cheap.
You seem to have fallen through a time warp. Hello, and welcome to 2018!
>.45 glock
.40 S&W is literally just as good in a smaller, more readily concealable package, while 10mm is more powerful and has more capacity in the same size.
Unless you're converting it to .460 Rowland, don't bother. (Or .45 Super if you really insist, but it's only equivalent to 10mm; you're losing capacity and gaining nothing.)

Why on some Arabic videos mortars just blow up?

Patiently waiting for a few more people to leave the range so I can more easily enjoy myself when I get on line. Picked up a mag on the stand and flip through it until something catches my eye.

>pic related

Carbon fiber handguard. I have carbon fiber bikes, which is great for many reasons. But how would the material hold up to the higher frequency vibrations of shooting?

Attached: Lancer-LCR5-Carbon-Fiber-Hanguard.jpg (1600x1600, 84K)

Just got a polytech m14 and no mags will fit. The mag release roll pin is peened in so I'm thinking of just getting a new assembly.
Anyone know if it'll fit?
Also, can I put a usgi flash suppressor and rear sight on it?

Retarded sandniggers buying or stealing dirt cheap mortar rounds that are likely 50+ years old and prone to blowing up in the tube, blowing up 5 feet away from the tube, or not blowing up at all.

Can you wear a right handed owb revolver holster on the left for cross draw?

Yes, but unless the belt fastener is adjustable it won't be too comfy.

Looking for a holster like pic related. Company stopped making them and I need one for another gun I bought.

Attached: 02055575-A665-4817-BD98-625C0D51B82A.jpg (425x425, 35K)

I'm tapped out on money ATM, are there usually July 4th sales from gun parts sites? I've spent most of my time buying 'surp, not new stuff, so I haven't paid attention.

You only have to carry one kind of ammo.

Ian and Karl approve of them, they probably shoot more than you do so...

Depends on the holster. My holster has a significant cant (as in the barrel is pointed behind your feet when wearing it on the right) this would be counter productive for cross draw, you'd have a funky wrist angle

Ok, I don't have a CCL/LTC for many reasons, but every now and then I think of getting one and then think of situations where things get grey as far as my likelihood of getting fucked after the fact for defending myself, because it's 2018 and I'm white

Let's say somebody approaches me in a parking lot on the way to my car, and acts threatening towards me, verbally/physically, let's even say they're acting methy and irrational, and I draw my gun in an attempt to get them to fuck off, but then when I draw my gun they pull one out and so I shoot them. How fucked am I? Assuming I had reason to believe there were witnesses or a security camera so I can't change my story (I'm not a good liar anyways, so I probably wouldn't)

>something something escalation of force, I feel like I read something about this once

If they have a gun that's not hidden from view you're probably fine. The cops will probably take you in for a bit and grab your gun while they do their investigation, but you'll probably be fine.

That's my deal though, is when this hypothetical confrontation starts, I don't know they have a gun. It's only when I pull mine that they pull theirs, I feel like a court could blame it on me for escalation of force

What unfree state do you live in? Rule of thumb: it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. If you think you're in imminent danger, shoot the fucker. Then hire a good lawyer. If you get thrown in the klink, then at least you're alive.

>the higher frequency vibrations of shooting
It's a frickin handguard. It's not gonna explode no matter what frequency the vibrations.

Anyway, they've had simple carbon-fiber free-float handguards since the '90s, and they've done fine. (And while I don't have one, I should point out that flat-top + scope + carbon fiber tube + bipod varmint blasters are sexy as fuck.)
Ones with mounting slots all over are newer and could conceivably break under recoil if you hang too much weight off them, but I haven't heard of any issues with that either.

Unless your state has specific laws allowing it, you should (legally; sometimes the smart move isn't the legal one) never pull a gun when you're not already justified in using lethal force -- this is likely to be considered brandishing.

To justify using lethal force, you need a reasonable belief that they have the intent, ability, and opportunity to kill you, or at least be extremely painful.
>approaches me
Maybe opportunity, depending how close they approach and what weapons you reasonably believe them to have.
>acts threatening towards me, verbally/physically
Intent for sure.
But what about ability? If he's a big muscly brute and/or you're a little old lady, completely unarmed may be good enough. But suppose you're a big guy, and he's a faggy skellington... that doesn't add up to ability unless he has a weapon. Could be a real problem for you.
It sounds like you probably shouldn't have drawn your gun at this point.

But supposing you draw anyway, and it all happens as you said, the smart move is probably to lie your ass off and claim his gun was printing, so you knew he was armed. Since your belief turns out to have been right, it's unlikely to be found unreasonable (even though it's completely fabricated after the fact.)

But if instead of pulling his gun, he runs off, ditches the gun (or never had one) and calls the cops; they arrest you for brandishing. You still could claim you thought you saw a weapon, but with no evidence he actually had one, the jury might find this unreasonable.
Really, though, tweaker won't call the cops, and even if he did, they'd recognize the situation for what it is -- you're probably clear unless the cops already have it in for you.

But you know, there's something off about the whole logic of your question.
>I don't wanna carry a gun, because I'm afraid if I do, I might use it in a certain hypothetical situation and go to jail.
What if that same situation came up when you're not carrying a gun, what happens? Is it better or worse than going to jail?
>worse
Then you better carry a gun so you only go to jail instead.
>better
Then don't pull the gun! Just because you're carrying it doesn't mean you have to use it.

Putting together an AR with clamp gas block. Need to offset it from barrel shoulder by .025 inches. Don't have any way to quantify that currently. Are there any common household items that are that width?

Is a decent quality mosin worth it for $300? Currently live in a banned state and the ARs here are vile.

Building my first AR and noticed that there's a tiny gap between the receiver and the free-float handguard, and that the handguard is in contact with the dust cover rod.
Is that normal or is the dust cover rod too long? Should I just buy a new rod or try filing it down?

no

Any other stores like /KommandoStore/ ?

Ok heres a retarded question

do you need to fill out individual $200 tax stamps for every silencer you buy, or does one tax stamp cover all silencers you get?

Also

Whats better:
>one magnified optic
>non magnified optic with a magnifier behind it

Attached: Fuggg yaaa.jpg (1777x1754, 153K)

Is the Geissele swag pack worth $17? Brownells has triggers for $175. Geissele has em for $192.

Are there any other tactical uses for a UV light other than inspecting the barracks for cum? If not, are there any tactical applications for a blue light? If not, are there any tactical applications for a red light?

I bought colored Cree drop ins.

Attached: Capture.png (554x742, 218K)

Not sure if its true but apparently spooks sometimes intercept ammo shipments to isis and similar groups and sabotage mortars to make them blow up on the user

You need a new stamp for every NFA item

If I got it right, typically cartridges are fired inside the chamber, and the cartridge's shell doesn't extend into the barrel. Is that right?

Question: what would happen if it did? I know the shell expands when the explosion occurs. Would the shell get stuck as some of the metal would get between the barrel and the chamber? Or would it still work?

Attached: what if.png (746x525, 12K)

>Optic
Depends on what you want to do with it.

Does someone have the uncropped version of this pic? With the Arresteds?

Attached: 1526759450961.jpg (352x500, 200K)

Is it worth it to stock up on incendiary rounds for SHTF?

No.

Chamber pressure way above the limits, gun explodes in most cases. For what I know, it's impossible to load longer cartridges into rifles but it can happen with shotguns, shotshells open up at the end, when you load longer shell into short chamber, it opens into the barrel.
I would recommend you to look for some basics about the subject, this is a dumb question.

Attached: shotshell-and-chamber.jpg (601x880, 157K)

What would be the best source to learn about this subject?

Maybe I should have been more detailed. I wasn't thinking about a necked cartridge at all, but something like I did in the picture.
In case more detail is needed: I was wondering if it would be possible to make an extrashort cylinder for a revolver, so that the shells actually extend beyond. Should the cylinder be pressed against the barrel, I'm pretty use the shell expansion would be gas escape impossible. But: would that expansion also make it impossible to move the cylinder again? I'm just not sure if shells can change shape during that brief moment or not.

Attached: what if2.png (1155x617, 21K)

Attached: 1527288927379.jpg (960x600, 180K)

What exactly is the point of tracer rounds?

So you can pin point where your shots are actually landing. Good for machineguns who are walking their fire on target, and useful for people who want to point out a specific target to others. Load up a rifle with a tracer mag and let a few rounds go so your SMAW guy knows where you want him to drop the big blasts.

Get a caliper.

Varusteleka if you don't mind importing from Finland. Crimson Caravan LLC used to have surplus, but I don't know if they still do.

What are the advantages of a pellet gun vs a bb gun?

Is the AR Stoner brand armorer's wrench decent? I just need it to put together a couple AR's, not run a business.

Attached: ar-stoner.jpg (2200x1650, 238K)

The chamber is part of the barrel in almost every gun except revolvers; even in revolvers, the distinction is cylinder/barrel, not chamber/barrel, so you've got confused terminology going on.
But the big thing your question is missing is that in modern cartridges, the largest diameter of the bullet is inside the cartridge neck, so the neck is necessarily bigger than the throat, and can't really enter it no matter how long it is.
This is true of literally every cartridge still manufactured today except shotshells, some .22 rimfires, and 7.62x38R Nagant ammo, each of which is different in their own way and for their own reasons.
Pic related; for straight-walled cartridges, there is no shoulder, and the body and neck are the same diameter or taper. However, all the stuff at the front stays the same.

Remember one of the exception I mentioned, 7.62x38R Nagant? The M1895 Nagant revolver works as you describe, but uses a cartridge optimized for it. They shove the bullet clear down inside the case, to minimize the distance the cylinder has to move back and forth. The "neck" of the cartridge is actually in front of the bullet, and there is no corresponding neck in the chamber.
Of course there's a corresponding portion of chamber inside the barrel for the neck to expand into as the bullet passes through.

Attached: barrel_anatomy.png (1140x800, 33K)

When will the new stock of garands be available at cmp?

Anyone have any experience with mossberg 464s?

Price not being a factor, which is a better option. Nato Stock AUG, or the MSAR XM17E4?

how the fuck would anyone here know

Does anybody know the external dimensions of 30mmx173mm autocannon cartridge?
I'm making a replica out of silicone and want to get it as close to original as I can

Attached: 6Aloreb.jpg (1564x2417, 601K)

>ribbed_for_his_pleasure.jpg

Can anyone chime in on 5.56 AK magazines? Are the smoke (10) magazines all that bad? Anyone know where to get Beryl magazines? I've been looking but haven't found any yet.

Dunno why you can't just google it.
municion.org/30mm/30x173Oe.htm
municion.org/30mm/30x173.htm

Steel east German Weiger mags are goat.

I don't believe these will fit in an SLR106 unfortunately.

What is the barrel length of the M27 IAR

Attached: 1526633149052.jpg (500x708, 159K)

I had an SLR 106 for a while all you have to do is remove a little bit of material from the magazine. Or you could have the magwell widened, it would still be able to use normal mags if you did.

Attached: 20524488_1368230386565178_91495205_o.jpg (1583x545, 554K)

Interesting, I'll have to look into this. The Weiger mags are at least available.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-05-27 at 17.44.12.png (774x768, 116K)

Just ordered a JM Custom. Only after did I think to come here and ask people’s opinions on the brand. How’d I do as far as the company goes?

Bumping with a pic

Attached: gap.jpg (1500x2000, 270K)

Does anyone know if a marlin model 80 will fit in a marlin 25 stock?

What's everyone's opinion on the AR180? I saw one in a shop today and I was tempted to get it but I really don't know much at all about it

they are pretty bad guns, but cool pieces of history.

if you push hard enough, anything will fit anything else.

pic isn't much help, as it is not evident that the rod is even hitting the handguard

If the rod is tight (in a bind between the handguard and the retaining ring against the front boss, then sure, cut the rod down a littel. It should have just a minimum amount of play.

what said.

I wouldn't buy it as a primary shooter/plinker, but I'd buy one just to have one as a curiosity if I ran across one at the right price.

You can just skip the Mosin and SKS. Neither are cheap, now. In fact, Mosins are more expensive than new production bolt actions in comparable calibers with more readily available ammunition.

Buy a full sized pistol and an AR15. Look at different guns other than just a glock, think about a Beretta or a Ruger too, try them out and see what you like. Get a .22 semi-auto rifle, too. They're fun and cheap.

So why is it that sometimes it's said that it's 16.5" without model change?

Or if shown next to an M16, the M16 looks longer

Attached: 1527440556715.gif (220x392, 2.38M)

Like raht'cher

Attached: 1-e1366078481132.jpg (529x440, 83K)

There's definitely no play at all with the rod.
Is that gap going to be a big deal or is it fine as long as the rail is lined up?

>big deal
no, as long as barrel nut is properly tightened.

and you don't mind assembling shit-tier firearms.

if it really is in a bind between the handguard and the retaining clip against the front boss, then trim that rod. It is not rocket science.

what gun safe should i get? want one that holds about 30 guns around $1000. so far i been looking ate the usa-30 by liberty safes.

also opinion of online gunsmithing schools like sonoran desert institute, im military so need something i can do after work, probably wont give me days off to go in person

newfag to ARs, going to be putting together a retro A1 build this summer and I've compiled a parts list

do I have everything I need to have a functional rifle? I just don't know if I'm missing any small parts or what-not

pastebin.com/UT5BPPCU (embed)

>pastebin.com/UT5BPPCU (embed)
do you really expect someone to go through your non-link urls to check your shopping list?

I am bored as fuck and ain't gonna go through that.

Sorry for phone pic.

reloaders of Jow Forums, I'm still fairly new to the reloading side of things, this case is a once or twice fired .45 acp case, and I've seen a few different cases with a similar stress mark - my question is if you guys think it's safe to load it up again. If so, would I be alright with a normal pressure .45 load, or should I use these minorly stressed ones for the minute loads I make for my Webley? Should I just chunk it?

Attached: casing.jpg (3024x4032, 902K)

Lower -- brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-m16-a1-lower-receiver-prod107496.aspx?psize=48

Upper -- $160.72 tntesales.com/604-a1-slab-side-upper-receiver-stripped/

barrel -- $279.73 tntesales.com/m16a1-5-56-barrel-assembly-1-9-lite-qpq-a1-a2-fsb/

bolt -- $79.95 joeboboutfitters.com/Toolcraft-Black-Nitrite-Bolt-Carrier-Group-AR15-M-p/tool-tooauto-011bn.htm

trigger/parts -- $55.02 surplusammo.com/products/dpms-ar-15-complete-lower-receiver-parts-kit.html

furniture set -- $137.26 uscollectorsordnance.com/online-store/M16-Original-Type-D-Fair-condition-furniture-set-p95088405

various parts -- $78.28 uscollectorsordnance.com/online-store/Accessories-Other-c23332009
>do you really expect someone to go through your non-link urls to check your shopping list?

Lets say you predominantly live in the South. Is the .45 fine for being your cougar, black bear and whatever else pack gun?(G21, shoots like a dream.)

Is there a huge difference in cavity and penetration with 185 gr .45 compared to 10mm? Especially if I went to a neighboring state and ran into brown bear?

If I had to pick between .40 and .45, should I go with .40? Or has anyone converted a G21 to 10mm? I like the soft push with .45 compared to the snap of .40.

i dont know how the m16a1 barrel nut works with that design, other than that the small parts you can buy at any store, maybe cheaper

that little dent is of no concern.

load away,

You can pitch it, if you want, but there is no reason to.

Do I really have to index my revolver cylinder when I close it? I just do it because of habit but it feels like autism or something. If it's double action only and I pull the trigger the ratchet system should pick it up and pull the next cylinder over to the correct bore axis. What's the worse that can happen if I don't? Just pull again? Skipped cylinder? I don't understand why I'm doing this.

Attached: 1523298328674.jpg (512x453, 69K)

>various parts -- $78.28 uscollectorsordnance.com/online-store/Accessories-Other-c23332009
reduced chance of scribing the cylinder scratch (I honestly don't know if it has a name)

general rule is if you think you shouldn't use it then dont use it
however you be good with something like that load it

Holy shit, why are people telling me not to sell the fucking thing to throw down a few extra bills on another semi if none of that made sense. That all sounds greek to me.
Are you talking about the rachet bit on the cylinder or the lock that jumps out the and holds them in place?

Rachet bit must be a lock washer kind of deal except way more heavy duty.

Ive just purchased my first rifle amd have never been to a range before. What is the standard procedure here? What should I expect?

Id like to go shooting soon.

eye protection, always wear ear protection, most have rules about shooting more than 1 round a second, they usually give you the talk if you are a first time shooting there
unless you live in Texas where some guy turned his backyard into a shooting range where you pay him $10 and sign a paper saying he isn't responsible. God i miss Texas, dont move to a blue state.

I just escaped one of the bluest states to the midwest. Figured I would take advantage of my new freedoms.

Is it safe(ish) to clean guns with most popular finishes (nitride/anodized/blue/etc) with non-chlorinated brake cleaner? I've been looking for something cheaper than Gun Scrubber and the like.

Attached: crc.jpg (450x450, 17K)

How are you cleaning it? I was going to take mine apart and scrub it down with whatever gets anything off. Most of that should be to degrease what is on there. I was going to use low order mineral spirits since I have no idea what they used in the first place. Then re-lube it with whatever I like and hope I didn't bend a thing or have to replace a spring. Next time I take it down shouldn't need a degreaser if I do it again and I can figure out if a parts fucked up or something. If you got it from the start I'd just test the function till there is a problem. If one pops up I would strip it down, clean it as much as possible. Re-lube it with something new. Put it back together. Function check. If it's an obvious part fix that and not do whatever the fuck I did in the first place to break it. Otherwise try out the other thing for a while and see how it works.

>Is the .45 fine
Buying a new gun, I'd go .40 (equivalent ballistics and capacity in a smaller package) or 10mm (superior ballistics and capacity in the same package), or even .357sig/9x25 (more because I think it's cool than because the advantages are actually necessary), but if you've already got a .45 it'll work just fine.
>ran into brown bear
Nobody ever survived a bear attack and said "damn, I wish I'd had a smaller gun", but the statistics say .45 and .40 do fine. Even 9mm (with FMJ or hard-cast, obviously) seems to do fine, though there's limited statistics on these rounds simply because "everyone knows" you carry a 10mm or .44 magnum in brown country.
Full-power 10mm is markedly better than standard or +P .45, but if you're worried about it, you can just swap the recoil spring in your .45 and go to .45 Super. Converting to .460 Rowland is always an option if you want better than 10mm, but at some point it's just silly.
>If I had to pick between .40 and .45, should I go with .40?
Like I said, same ballistics; there's no compelling ballistic argument either way. .40's only benefit is more capacity and/or smaller gun.
>Or has anyone converted a G21 to 10mm?
Haven't done it myself, but literally just a barrel swap.
>I like the soft push with .45 compared to the snap of .40.
Just as there's basically no difference in ballistics, there's basically no difference in recoil. Thus, from the same gun, they'll shoot the same; the "push/snap" perception is mostly from .40 fitting in smaller guns with shorter slide travel, which are naturally snappier.
Shooting .40 (or ballistically equivalent 10mm Lite, if you don't believe in headspacing on the extractor) from a G20 will feel pretty much identical to shooting .45 from your G21. What difference there is will be because our shitty monkey brains can't quite keep the audible and physical sensations separate. (.40, being a higher pressure cartridge, is very definitely louder for a given barrel length.)

Pls respong.
The M27 IAR is listed as an HK416 variant. On the wiki page it says the M27 IAR has a 16.5" barrel but on the M27 IAR page it's listed as a 20" barrel

Attached: 1527247075328.jpg (720x833, 27K)

16.5 inches

Wikipedia gets bullshit wrong all the time and the retarded nogunz power editors will squat articles to prevent corrections.

Always go straight to a TM for a proper source.

trngcmd.marines.mil/Portals/207/Docs/TBS/B2E2657 Squad Weapons.pdf?ver=2015-05-26-161447-153

Page 91

Thanks man, you’re good people.

Attached: BCE704D3-321A-4167-9F65-799B51806A14.png (640x1136, 551K)

Who and why did he pick such a shit barrel length for 5.56?

You'd figure R&D would learn from helmand and Korea or hell urban OPs that velocity is still needed for them long ranges/5.56 in general.

Attached: 1518582229474m.jpg (1024x348, 77K)

>brown bear
I second this. I killed a grizzly that was about 600lbs in N Idaho with a Glock 20 from 75 yds.

>The M27 IAR is listed as an HK416 variant

It's an HK416 with a custom barrel for the USMC.

Attached: m27 strip.jpg (700x376, 36K)

>thinks you need a 20" barrel to shoot at distance
>stealing pictures from /arg/

The USMC doesn't use M193/M855 anymore.