Give me the info on the RIA 1911s

I kind of want a 1911 but I also don't want to spend a lot of shekels. LGS has RIA and ATI 1911s in my price range.

Are they toy tier or legit? Will they feed hollowpoints reliably or will I need to stick with ball? If you own one, would you trust your life with it?

Attached: 1332532571910rock-island-1911_cover1.jpg (414x231, 47K)

Don't meme you meme meme. Make sure to meme out the memest memes on your way out, say "Hey, Meme you Later."

Meme.

RIA is good, ATI is shut

For the RIA, are you looking at the GI series or Ultra? Ultra is worth the extra $
>RIA TAC 10mm owner

I love mine, pic related. Got it for my 19th birthday last year.

Attached: Tomoko and Ruby.jpg (1836x3973, 1.32M)

ATIs and RIAs 1911s are about like PSA ARs

They aren’t pretty but they do literally everything you need them too and will probably last a lot longer than you with proper maintenance if you don’t plan to shoot 10k+ rounds out of them

Only issue much like PSAs is that people who drank the custom build kool aid will always give you shit for the rest of your life. But meh

I own an RIA 1911.
After the 200 round break in period (very important frequent FTF prior) It's very reliable haven't had any issues after ~700 rounds it's still going strong.
It will feed hollow points just as well as ball, and according to RIA it'll handle +p ammo but I wouldn't put too many +p rounds through it. The fit and finish is pleasantly surprising (except the grips those are shit).
Would I trust it as a carry pistol? No.
Would I trust it to take care of some animal fucking with my horses? Yes.
I'm happy with the pistol, although for a little bit more money you could get a Remington R1, which has nicer fit and finish IMO, and is more than likely just as reliable.

>Will they feed hollowpoints reliably
NO, 1911s are designed for 230gr ball and made as such
>legit
YES, and once broke in its gtg. biggest issue is finding and trusting good magazines

How about the "standard" series, the inbetween for the GI and Ultra?

Do they all come with that fucking xbox hueg logo stamped on the slide?

I don´t get why anyone would settle for a cheapo 1911. Save up and get something nicer. If was buying an 1911, I´d want something of high quality, with a great trigger and nice finish. Not something cobbled together by Macabulos Rodriguez in his shed that smells like cheap beer, cigarettes and broken dreams.

They are cheap and rough, but they goddamn work.
Aside from grips and I guess the magazines (Chip McCormick's are alright), don't bother trying to replace parts or shit, you'll quickly run up into the cost of a much nicer 1911 with less nice quality.

>NO, 1911s are designed for 230gr ball
1911s eating hollowpoints haven't been an issue since like the 50's.

They changed that a few years back, now it's just a small emblem behind the slide serrations.

yea, you can slick them up but wtf man. are you really gonna count on a subsonic round to expand reliably?
>just carry +p+
why not just get a HK that works

Because they just work, and don't cost a lot of money.
If you just need a gun, they're not bad, and if you don't have a lot of money, but want to experience a .45, they fly.

You can clearly do better, but not for the same low price, they're a solid poorfag pistol.

To ensure a 1911 reliable, here is my process:

>Polish the feed ramp and the chamber to a high mirror finish. This makes rounds slide into the chamber way easier, even if a little dirty.
>Use only Wilson 47 mags and make sure they function in your 1911. If they don't, your 1911 sucks.
>Keep that pistol immaculate. I found that 1911s start running sluggish after about 70 rounds.
>Use thin grease on the slide and oil on the barrel bushing.
>Make sure you are using the proper recoil spring weight. 16lb are standard, but a lot of 1911s now come with an 18lb spring for hotter loads. Chooser your spring according to the ammo you are using.
>230 HST (regular pressure or +P) are THE best defensive round for any .45. They have a rounded design and do not hang up.
>If your pistol goes 500 rounds without a malfunction of any kind, you are good to go.

I've put a little over 500 through mine and the only issue I've had is the rear sight broke. I filled out a warranty form, emailed them, and they emailed me back a fedex shipping label for 2 day express. This was 2-3 weeks ago, the turn around was estimated at 4-6 weeks, and I just got an email saying it'll be back to me by Wednesday. We'll see what happens but so far I'm happy with them. I've never fed it hollow points so I cant speak to that, but it's shot 230gr ball reliably.

They're not pretty, but they work.
99% of the issues they have can be easily taken care of by using good mags and/or swapping out the recoil spring.

>why not just get a HK that works
Because if you can afford a H&K pistol, why on god's green earth would you look at an RIA?

The entire point with the RIA is that it's a basic bitch, mostly GI spec A1 1911, for a really low price. You shouldn't even waste your time looking at it if you're seriously considering a USP.
FWIW, the RIA works just alright, it's just rough and gritty.

The "1911s don't feed hollowpoints" meme is from the day when the barrels weren't beveled at the chamber.

I don't know of any 1911s makers nowadays that aren't beveling their chamber opening. If you have an unbeveled chamber, you probably bought some $300 chunk of shit.

Cool, thanks. In a couple months when I actually get serious about buying one I'll probably check out what used ones are available locally and if none of that looks decent get a RIA one.

>Because if you can afford a H&K pistol, why on god's green earth would you look at an RIA?
because you dumb fuck op wants a 1911 that runs like an operator

OP asked if the RIA works and is worth the money, he never said anything about any spy fantasies.

then i blame your teachers for your failings and your padre for not pulling out

Even Norincos have the bevel, I'm pretty sure, and those are not far above the RIA in fit and finish.

What’s the step up from an ria 1911?

Christ you're gay but will you get me one too for my 22nd? I want the 1911 waifu from girls frontline

Mine works very well. The biggest downside is not nickel

Wish I could. No longer have access to the laser engraver I used. It was in my class at tech school but the instructor gave it to the CADD class because "it's not real machining" and I graduated this year.