Is Jow Forums on Team Elias or Team Barnes?

Is Jow Forums on Team Elias or Team Barnes?
imfdb.org/wiki/Platoon

Attached: 57093FFC-D9FB-47D2-B2C1-D6F5E093878F.jpg (600x541, 81K)

neither, they were both cucks

Barnes obviously
I KAWKA DOW VC MOTHAFUCKER!

The last good movie Charlie Sheen ever starred in.

Attached: 3B69E93200000578-4052446-Dillon_says_that_upon_returning_to_Los_Angeles_however_he_had_tr-a-4_148285 (634x473, 72K)

Wut about the one with aliens trying to cook the earth?

Team Sgt. O'Neil. He had a bad feeling. He was right.

Attached: John C_ McGinley – Owen Williams.jpg (389x253, 77K)

Beyond the law

fuck, when was the last time we had a war movie where literally every other character was a well known actor and not just the lead?
Black Hawk Down?

Crimson tide

If your just there for the lutz than Elias
If you want to win, than Barnes

I’m conflicted. Elias seems like a level-headed NCO, chill, but also a capable tactician. Barnes was bretty cruel, but also pragmatic? I think I’d prefer to be under Elias’ command.

>Team Elias
Elias got it's a war, Barnes got consumed by it.

Team Elias. Barnes is a Team Killing poppy head.

Barnes all the way. I am reality

Death..

What y'all know bout death?

Attached: 71894370.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>Team Sgt. O'Neil. He had a bad feeling. He was right.
Psychics Powers confirm canon?

BEND THE WIRE BARNES! BEND THE WIRE!

He a big guy

Elias Barnes got what he deserved

>reality
>being a traitorous shit

Barnes is beautiful

>2018
>Not Team Red

Elias, even though he's probably gonna get too fucked up at least one time and try to molest you.

Attached: Willem Dafoe Wild at Heart.jpg (1170x664, 543K)

This.

The image of the film that sticks with the most is that intense, quiet anger on Barne's face after they find the black guy tied up in the tree. It shows he really does care about the people under his command. He's obviously still wrong, but it makes him feel like a very human character, not just some guy being an asshole for the sake of the plot.

I know a guy named Owen Williams explain your thumbnail user.

>implying there's anything wrong with Willem Dafoe trying to molest you

the best movies have believable villains

Fury?

I hate this dude's fucking face.

Pvt. Ryan comes to mind

Team Elias was a bunch of dope smoking sissy bois.

Both, Jow Forums is the son of those two fathers.

Attached: gay-dads.jpg (1484x987, 222K)

That cat has seen some shit.

good choice

>He had a bad feeling
He got promoted though

Neither, they'd both get you killed. Elias idealistic and a junkie and Barnes a psycho and a drunk.

But I don't WANT to be molested.

Attached: Aw+man+that+sucks+imagine+you+loved+something+enough+that+_11bff80fd0ed0e8932822ef9e1405fb6.gif (241x199, 149K)

what are you, gay?

> Adagio For Strings.wav

Attached: 1499382939697.jpg (712x578, 31K)

Team Elias. He had more common sense than Barnes. Like "hey lets not put the cherries with 3hr of sleep on point" kinda common sense. I love me some ultra-violence, but Barnes would seriously have me fucking hating my life to be in his squad. Or was he PSG in the movie? Whatever. Elias is the superior leader to me at least. Both can be effective however.

If not being digitally penetrated makes me gay, I don't want to be straight

Attached: korvia-image-photo-english-teachers-korea-christmas-no-butt-poke.jpg (960x640, 107K)

best answer in this thread

team mini/yanni here

How is Elias idealistic, in any way other than sheer pragmatism? "Oh I can't believe he's just gonna take that FNG's shit off his pack, what a pussy-enabler!" Ummm yeah because the patrol can only go as fast as the slowest guy, and dumping it there leaves it for charles. Where else? Like, not killing civvies? Yeah, you don't want to kill civvies because doing that gives the VC more support. It may feel give your snowflake ass some catharsis to waste some dude after your buddy got mercd, but its not winning the war, which, BTW as a soldier, IS YOUR FUCKING JOB. If winning the war means you are exposed to more risk because you can't have the ROE of stateside cops circa 2018, well tough shit, that's the price you pay for putting on the OD greens.

Yeah, characters that aren't one dimensional. What the fuck ever happened to that? Even in throw away movies like A Few Good Men, by the end you were wondering whether Col Jessup was the good guy or the bad guy.

Barnes is a psycho edgelord and all the faggot edgelords will go with him thinking they will kill themselves to safety and glory, but only Death waits for them. they will all die.

>What the fuck ever happened to that?

Michael Bay

Both the cat and monkey baby look disturbed

Thin Red Line

Were the baby and cat abused?

Inglorious Basterds

Barnes of course. If you look at the DVD cover you'll see his dog tags say USMC, so he's clearly on who knows how many tours, and why did he leave the Marines? Dark secrets means he's the better soldier, that's the guy you want leading you through the shit, even if he does tend to murder his own men just stay on his good side and be a wallflower, Barnes will get you home.

T. Neverserved/pog

Barnes because wherever I may go I must also rape

Hollywood producers stopped funding mid-budget films after the '90s because they were "too risky" to their bottom line. The '90s had some absolutely deep, complex, and wonderful movies that continue to hold up incredibly well to this day, but the moron producers being a bunch of penny-pinchers felt they should no longer be patrons of art, and instead they chose to focus on maximizing profits over anything else. After the '90s everything had to either be a shoestring budget indie film to minimize risk, or it had to be a billion dollar brainless blockbuster to hook the PG-13 demographic in record numbers.

Also, fuck Michael Bay.

With no CIB

A Marine with a CIB would be quite the oddity, considering it is only awarded to the Army.

It seems to me that you are the more likely never-served here.

Attached: awards.jpg (812x404, 72K)

>t. sat in an air conditioned garrison in A-stan, and took mortar fire maybe once.

Must we continue these games faggot? Or do i need to continue blowing you the fuck out repeatedly?

Attached: P2280160_1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.48M)

>it's not true if I post my gear

I would be on Elias side I think. He seemed more compassionate. But then again Barnes meant business and the dude took no shit. I dunno... holy shit I feel retarded even trying to type an opinion. I'm sorry fellas.

>Hollywood producers stopped funding mid-budget films after the '90s because they were "too risky" to their bottom line.

No, it wasn't about mid-budget films being too risky, it was about high-budget films being most profitable and giving best return ofn investment for financiers. With enough marketing any brainless shit can be shoveled into throats of general public. Hollywood needs another crash in vein of 60's end of spectacle and the New Hollywood of 70's.

Without medium budget movies new talent can't move up the ladder in any role in creative team of movies. 70's was madness of new guys doing whatever they wanted to do, in 80's they stabilized their positions and by 2000's they were practically only movie makers that were allowed to do stuff they want with their movies.

Clearly team peep

>win
>in nam

If anything Barnes was the crusader and not Chris or Elias since Elias already knew they couldn't win and Chris was convinced of it by him. Barnes just wanted to be a good soldier and do everything to "win".

>Fraging your CO just because he’s well liked and keeps men alive and happy in the wet shithole that is the Vietnam jungle

yeah that one day he would get the most annoying medical intern ever.

I blame the international market. Movie dialogues and exposure has been significantly dumbed down since they started making their money abroad.

Not a movie but Band of Brothers had quite the roster

Attached: 0475DC2F-7B39-427A-92EF-246F8C0C5E15.png (500x566, 169K)

Elias, of course.

Barnes got results, but Elias was MAC-V SOG or Apache Blues tier.

Attached: 133392982552.jpg (299x265, 50K)

>ROE of stateside cops circa 2018
Cry more faggot. Your tears are funny.

Waddle down the hallway with your hands on your head more you pudgy fucking bootlicker

were they intentionally trying to make barnes look bad? now that i think about barnes contributes nothing substantial to their operations. sure he was a good fighter but it was elias that formed any type of effective tactics. barnes literally only fragged his own men, killed random viets prompting animosity towards americans, and looked tough doing so.

Team Bunny.

Attached: bunny.jpg (1280x696, 51K)

>It shows he really does care about the people under his command.
To the point he tries to literally bludgeon them to death.

> But then again Barnes meant business and the dude took no shit.
Ah yes, fragging your own and encouraging the rape and murder of civvies, truly "meaning business."
>holy shit I feel retarded even trying to type an opinion. I'm sorry fellas.
You should, you really do come off as a 14 year old or mentally stunted.

Team Bunny
jus' wanna kill shit

Attached: 600px-PlatoonRem870deer-7.jpg (600x320, 56K)

>holy shit I feel retarded even trying to type an opinion. I'm sorry fellas.
jesus christ you are a faggot

Barnes is a better NCO and all of his actions in the movie are logical, explainable and understandable. Elias on the other hand got two rookies killed by being a reckless piece of shit.

Actually elias started it. Elias attacked barnes and elias's men threatened to kill barnes. Elias threatened to and actively reported barnes to higher. Elias is the treacherous rat fucking blue falcon. Barnes was trying to keep the unit together and combat effective. Elias was a piece of shit dirt bag who shouldn't have been there. In real life the people in vietnam who did the most fucking up shit were actually people like elias. all the stuff they showed barnes and his boys doing (rape, murder, torture) that was done by the hippies who got drafted and didnt want to be there. They were the real savages if you go back and read about vietnam.

barnes did nothing wrong

>elias was mac-v sog tier

you don't know a fucking thing about mac-v sog you stupid fucking child.

Take your goddamned medication already Brian.

If I were actually innanam I would probably go barnes but the secret hippie in me wants elias

mental illness? what do you know about mental illness?

thank you for your service.

how did you like the acog & who all got one in your unit?

not him, but the ACOG has been standard issue to every Marine infantryman since 2006, so it's likely that every guy in his platoon had one.

The ACOG/PEQ-15 on the SMAW is sexy as fuck too.

Oh, international markets scapegoat. They have made money abroad since 50's. It isn't foreign markets, it has been best business practice for US domestic market as well. Back in the day a director (or any other creative side person) made indie movie or two and then was given more money and creative freedom to do good movies, eventually progressing to high budget blockbuster territory. Now that middle ground doesn't exist anymore, there are low budget indie movies and blockbusters, and nothing between those. People creating movies now are either same people that made their debut in business back in the day with creative freedom and reputation for good return of investment or yes men that will do what producers tell 'em to do.

Attached: MV5BMTk2NTc3ODk3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzA4OTU0MTE@._V1_SY999_CR0,0,768,999_AL_.jpg (768x999, 262K)

Elias didn't die. He resurfaced as John Clark in "Clear and Present Danger" the movie.

Elias is a better NCO he's more capable of leading men. I'm on team Elias. Although Barnes is BAMF.

Why didn't the Lt frag his own shitty staff sergeant after that Elias incident?

Because they found ammunition inside the hill AKA Barnes was correct in spite of committing warcrimes.

I didn't know the NVA was full of black dudes.

I was definitely a Barnes clone. JD, poker, no dope, blast the LT when he fucks up and make it clear my only priority is not getting our guys killed.

If you're on Team Elias, you're a cuck.