3D Printers are awesome

#fuckthepolice

Attached: fuckthepolice.jpg (1352x1014, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Adl1Sn86ojs&index=47&list=WL&t=0s
atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-individual-need-license-make-firearm-personal-use
github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go away.

user PLEASE THINK OF THE DOGGOS!

Attached: SURPRISE.jpg (500x500, 26K)

The print isn't layered, but rather sintered (for significantly greater strength), and is made using a glass-filled nylon composite.

The photo of the unit in question was taken after a stress test of 750 rounds, with checks at every 150 rounds. The unit looks brand new, and shows no signs of stress or has any indicators of failure, and would actually seem to be a significantly better choice than milled aluminum, brass or steel (typical materials for this particular application).

apologies for potato-ing but i forgot what that thing was called
also make sure to destroy it when you're done, dont want no atf snoopin around

What's particularly exciting about the use of 3d printing is that a wide array of both specialized and robust materials can be used, depending on needs and intended applications. For example: A simple printed PA12 part can be used for a particular mission or engagement, and then simply be disposed using Acetic Acid to dissolve the part, leaving only a roll pin and spring behind (which can be re-used, if necessary).

The practical applications of this sort of technology in relation to "ghost guns" is really quite spectacular. Utilizing glass-filled nylon composites, modular, multi-component lower receivers can be produced that have equal or greater strength than existing composite-based solutions, that are also trivial to repair and dispose of (should the need arise).

been waiting for some faggot to roll a FS2000 and AUG trigger pack. Even with the DIAS you need auto FCG anyway right? With the AUG/FS2000 it'd be plug and play and everything was intended to be polymer to begin with. Seems easy AF.

Yes, you still need the auto FCG. The main draw for a DIAS is that you don't need to have access to a Colt-pattern receiver, or access to a Title II Jig and the ability to mill the receiver yourself.

It doesn't matter. They have no way to track the print (obviously). Honestly, the ATF is dramatically understaffed anyway for their current array of missions and objectives; they're not sending anybody to people's houses, especially not if there's "no trouble" from those people.

Nice. So is this like a lightning link where it makes it full auto only? How does it work?

It's functionally identical to an actual Colt-style Auto Sear; So with a full-auto FCG, you'll have safe-semi-auto capability. It's worth noting that Drop-in Auto Sears don't allow for burst-capable fire control groups (since there's no space for a ratchet-tooth mechanism).

Yes they do. The ratchet tooth is mounted on the hammer. Not the sear.

Post file

Is this a fraud?

Found on here: grabcad com/library/drop-in-auto-sear

But who was phone?

I stand corrected! I genuinely thought the ratchet attached to the sear. Did a search after your comment, and you're 100% correct.

Attached: M16BurstDisconnector-660x608.jpg (660x608, 124K)

rip op's dogs

The thing you lose is the sear not tilting back when you need to closed the receiver.

ATF has better things to do with their time.

Attached: 1517169217434.jpg (374x503, 79K)

That's an AR-15 drop in auto sear

Looks like I need to get a cheap 3d printer.

Just to make some keychains, of course.

Very worth it.

Too bad Drumph is telling the ATF to reinterpret what makes a gun a machinegun, to include accessories (FCG) that make the gun capable of functioning like an automatic weapon.

FCG+AR-15= constructive possession anyway. The only benefit of this is that 99% of LEO have no clue what they're looking at and you don't have to permanently modify the lower with the sear hole.

Attached: 1493438875032.jpg (1954x1804, 520K)

Attached: Capture+_2018-05-25-18-33-26.png (1440x894, 1012K)

FOSSCAD has it, along with 3-pin lowers

if you don't own any dogs and don't mind your house burning down i'd recommend the lower - i don't trust a printed DIAS

youtube.com/watch?v=Adl1Sn86ojs&index=47&list=WL&t=0s

What you mean is that it does not disengage, which makes its use in a select-fire weapon a mystery or even

Nice try atf

Make no mistake, drop in auto sears work, they just won't sit vertical while you close those receivers.

So how durable is that?

How is it not automatic only if the sear won't disengage, the A1 sear assembly interfaces with the selector, the DIAS does not

Ahahaha! Me too like to make non-registered weapon parts in my garage!

Could you please share your address so we can exchange tricks?

Attached: NotATF.png (500x506, 114K)

>non-registered
Commerce Clause doesn't apply to items that are never transferred/leave the state

doesn't matter. The reason a factory sear interfaces with the selector is just because it makes it easier to assemble it, instead of your bolt carrier running against the sear. No other function. A drop in is functionally the same as if the factory sear always swung freely like in an AK.

>3D Printers are awesome

No, they make useless plastic crap.

>fuckthepolice

Not a fan of authority but we do and always will need police and you have a stupid attitude.

Boot licker detected.

intra-state items affect the overall market, and thus fall under inter-state commerce.

>he hasn't heard of lost wax casting
>or printed at lowers
P L E B

Not if the item is never sold (transferred), it is the exact same reason an %80 lower completed by you requires no serial

>No, they make useless plastic crap.
this
get proper tools, you retard

You can transfer 80%s though. You don't need to serialise because homebuilders are not FFLs and have no legal requirement to serailise.

That would only work in "semiautomatic" mode if the disconnector somehow catches the hammer before the hammer clears the sear, which would imply the angle of travel for the hammer is different in automatic mode

Again: I put 750 rounds through the DIAS, and it ate them like a champ. No stress or failure points anywhere. I'm going to be doing another stress test in a week or so, after leaving the part in the sun to see if UV exposure will affect the material. I suspect it won't, and the component will run just fine.

No. The FA FCG is different from the SA FCG. The sear works because the hammer has an extra catch on it that can only be engaged by an auto sear if the safety selector is set to FA.

Plastics and Composites are versatile, useful materials as long as you understand their limitations and utilize the materials in ways that they can withstand.

"Retard."

The ATF already interprets full auto FCG as machineguns, that's not new.

123 Gofuckyourself Avenue, West Bumfuck, Guam.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of 80% firearms. Non-licensed manufacturers are only required to serialize their firearms if they are manufactured with the intent to transfer to another person. Serials are intended to be used for tracing a firearm; if it is not intended to be transferred, there is no requirement for a serial number.

This also means a non-serialized 80% may be transferred at a later date. It has nothing to do with interstate commerce.

>he Supreme Court provided one of the earliest and most foundational expositions on the Commerce Clause in Gibbons v. Ogden, 22 U.S. 1 (1824). There, the Court found that intrastate activity could be regulated under the Commerce Clause where it was part of a larger interstate commercial scheme. Later, in 1905, the Court used the Commerce Clause to halt price fixing in the Chicago meat industry, when it ruled that Congress had authority to regulate the local meat market under the Sherman Anti-Trust Act. In Swift and Company v. United States, it found that business done even at a purely local level could become part of a continuous “current” of commerce that involved the interstate movement of goods and services.

>Non-licensed manufacturers are only required to serialize their firearms if they are manufactured with the intent to transfer to another person
There is NO federal requirement for non-FFLs to serialise, even if transfering the firearm.

>Interstate commerce claus
Fuuuuuck that. God damned bullshit be the Wickard v. Fillburn case!

11. Do I need a Federal firearms license to make a firearm for my own personal use,
provided it is not being made for resale?
Firearms may be lawfully made by persons who do not hold a manufacturer’s license under the
GCA provided they are not for sale or distribution and the maker is not prohibited from receiving
or possessing firearms

atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-individual-need-license-make-firearm-personal-use

If you are manufacturing it with the intent to transfer, you are engaging in the business of manufacturing and selling firearms and must be licensed. Licensees are required to serialize firearms.

You are correct that there is no federal requirement for nonlicensees to serialize their firearms, but you are incorrect in suggesting that they may manufacture firearms with the intent to transfer without serializing. Intent to transfer means they must be licensed, and thus serialized. A nonlicensee is never allowed to manufacture a firearm with the intent to transfer, serialized or otherwise.

> but you are incorrect in suggesting that they may manufacture firearms with the intent to transfer without serializing
Never said that. I said you may transfer without serialising. That is distinct from manufacturing with intent to transfer.

Your sear makes contact with your BCG in all three selector positions, its under more stress than a conventional sear!

>that's not new.
No it doesn't nigger. You can buy FCG spares for your rifle now problem. It's only constructive possession (currently) with an AR-15 lower and an auto sear.

Drumph's faggotry would make the FCG a defacto MG like possession of a LL or DIAS would be.

Fuck Drumph desu senpai.

What is all this? new poster and curious

Attached: 1506725822178.jpg (909x492, 49K)

You misspelled Drumpf, also pre-81 DIAS aren't considered MGs without an AR-15 lower

Attached: Partyvan.png (750x300, 15K)

>Print parts
>Use part to cast a mold
>Smelt the appropriate metal
Now I have a actual use for my 3D printer! Thanks!

>Regardless of the date of manufacture of a drop in auto sear (i.e., before or after November 1, 1981) the possession or transfer of an unregistered drop in auto sear (a machinegun as defined) is prohibited by the National Firearms Act (NFA), 26 U.S.C. § 5861, and the Gun Control Act, 18
U.S.C. § 922(o).
They are machine guns. They had been exempted from the taxes on making and transfer.

Lightning link. Makes an AR-15 with an SP1 style bolt carrier go full auto only.
>pre-81 DIAS
Nice meme. The ATF vanned the guy selling those out of SGN a few years back. There's not such thing as grandfathered DIASs in the same way that a pre-86 MG you've always had before the ruling is still illegal..

Don't forget that clever cunts can also use 3D printers to make lost wax style castings. You can just melt some aluminum or brass down with a propane torch and produce a casting. You'd still need to do a little finishing work to remove the rough edges, but you get a metal part.

>FCGs are machine guns
No they aren't. You can buy FA FCGs with no hassle right now. Things get tricky if you own a gun that can use that FCG though.

Hi, Agent Bob. Are you mad that you're working on a Sunday?

We're discussing safety sears, they prevent light primer strikes and/or out-of-battery fire. They also act as a wedge to eliminate slack between your upper and lower receiver :3

Seriously though guys. Why isn't this a thing?

Attached: tfwnoAUG.jpg (1024x768, 567K)

yeah and 99% of people who own a 3d printer own an SLA printer, which produces parts that are much less tolerant to stress

Wheras AR lowers can be made out of wood

How many inches is that barrel dr.pavel?

Attached: ATF.jpg (975x600, 248K)

3d printed gun parts are a fuckin meme.

Could one of you upload that to pomf.se or something? I don't have a grabcad account.

Attached: angler mermaid.png (1389x871, 369K)

The spider one was cooler, the anime face is just ridiculous

github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo
/Rifles contains a DIAS, M16 auto sear, and 3rd pin lower

Don't print it unless you have your SOT etc. etc.

Thanks. I don't even own a printer. I just want to look at the model.
My captcha right now.

Attached: identify stormfront.jpg (404x585, 75K)

Use bugmenot to get credentials to throwaway accounts for these websites

No webm???

OP may or may not have their legals in order

Seconding this if they do though

Attached: 1414267578510.jpg (547x511, 75K)

Lots of full auto sears threads lately

Seems suspicious

Attached: 1526969929744.jpg (630x748, 45K)

I want a 3D printer but I'm probably not going to do gun stuff with it. The only thing I'd try is to make a scope body to transfer the guts from this toy NVG set into so I can have a cheap NV solution for my WASR and shitpost IRL at night shoots.

FYI the dimensions seem to be a bit off. Slightly too long to work as intended.

Attached: Blitz-Verbindung.jpg (613x632, 111K)

Oh that is a nice can opener.

is it to hard to mold it and copy it with some modern Zink or Alu?

Lost casting is possible yes, but casting is a bitch to do regardless of how you form the mold. Hope you got the space and accommodating neighbors.
I'm just gonna use mine to make stuff like bistable latching hinges for projects. Just general stuff that would be a cunt to make by hand.

Although the temptation to make a WarFairy lower is strong.

It's illegal to produce DIAS without a Class III License since 1986.

Cast metal is also typically very brittle, which is not a characteristic you want in actuating or impact-absorbing parts.

You wouldn't want to mold it. If you're looking to produce this out of metal, you'd ideally want to mill them. The operations necessary aren't complex - though if you plan to produce many of them, you'd ideally want to create yourself some mill jigs first, just to make your life easier.

You'll want the sear paddle to be rigid, but the sear body to be a little flexible, with a very slightly undersized pin hole (so when you drive the roll pin through, it won't rotate as the paddle is actuated [to prevent the hole from egging out]).

Print material and print orientation will help mitigate stress-related failures on lower quality printers.

Because it's illegal to produce an entire drop-in full-auto sear unit. It doesn't matter what the trigger and hammer are capable of doing, but the sear is the problem. There won't be a professionally designed / developed self-contained full-auto combined trigger and sear assembly because it doesn't make sense to make one, from a manufacturing and maintenance perspective.

>because it doesn't make sense to make one, from a manufacturing and maintenance perspective.
Well I guess you should tell H&K. I'm sure their engineers will be interested in your expert opinion.

Attached: H&K unit.jpg (800x600, 175K)

>Guam
fucking lol

Fancy name for trimmer line which is a glass fiber filled nylon. Tell us more about whole manufacting process.

Used an HP Jet Fusion 3D 4200. There isn't really a lot to say.

>STARTING AT $200,000.00
hi Cody, how about fixing the Liberator while you're at it?

>Someone admitting to being wrong
>Someone admitting the other guy is correct

What bizarro world have I entered

Laser melting plastic powder. Was expecting run of the mill FDM printer. Can ya print something from FOSSCAD?

Are binary trigger packs for MP5s ever going to drop down to reasonable levels? Are they 3d printable? I can't justify spending $500 on one

AR trigger packs cost about the same, and the MP5 is a special snowflake Kraut gun. So no, they won't get much cheaper.

Attached: ATF.png (1920x918, 71K)

rip doggo

Maturity happens sometimes.

Why?