Premium ammo is the biggest scam in the whole wide world. Just use regular fucking ammo from Blazer, Federal, Hornady...

Premium ammo is the biggest scam in the whole wide world. Just use regular fucking ammo from Blazer, Federal, Hornady, Remington, Sellier and Bellot, or Winchester. It all works.

Attached: munitions factory.jpg (600x302, 57K)

Do you even shoot guns

I'm not rich enough to bother with "premium" ammo, but there is a significant difference with brands, especially with .22lr. Winchester white box ammo won't even reliably cycle a semi-auto, and other brands vary in how much of a mess they make in your gun. If you want something that is 100% reliable, clean, and quiet, it is worth spending more for CCI.

like with everything. there is a point of diminishing returns.

There is most definitely cheap ammo that sucks so bad, that you practically have wasted your money.

>Winchester white box ammo won't even reliably cycle a semi-auto
Yes, it will. I've used it plenty of times. You're probably just limp wristing or using a dirty/poorly lubed gun.

Bad troll ia really bad but this is the magical place we call Jow Forums so a hundred idiots will post real arguments against your faggotry.

The only thing anyone should do with OP is report him for his trolling. This isn't /b/ and his post is a global violation.

Not an argument.

It isn't just me. Plenty of people have these issues. I've tried it out of a 10/22 and an SR22. It usually works fine for about 30-50 rounds (except for the rounds that don't fire at all) and then starts jamming every 3-4 rounds.

I've shot thousands of rounds of Federal, which rarely jams, CCI, which I've yet to have jam at all, so I'm not "limp wristing" anything.

>Plenty of people have these issues
Plenty of people limp wrist or use dirty/poorly lubricated guns.

>It usually works fine for about 30-50 rounds
>then starts jamming every 3-4 rounds.
Something doesn't add up. If it were poor quality ammo, we would expect it to perform poorly as soon as you started firing it.

>Blazer, Federal, Hornady, Remington, Sellier and Bellot, or Winchester.
lol, i consider all these brands except blazer to be premium

Attached: prefecta.jpg (1000x564, 73K)

It leaves so much residue that it jams more often with every round. Just look the shit up on YouTube. Plenty of people show comparisons of how it works compared to better ammo.

>If it were poor quality ammo, we would expect it to perform poorly as soon as you started firing it.
Do you really not know about dirty ammo and what it does to autoloaders between cleanings?

>some shit PMC is the same thing as Federal GMM 308

Thats correct Satan, it was a statement of fact. Now get thee behind me deman.

Hey, can you advertise primers as "leadless" if you use mercury fulminate?

>im a retard who doesnt know what ballistic coefficients or standard deviation are
>I have never shot for groups or long range
Good luck trying to shoot well at 1000 with your garbage ammo (and no, "I managed to hit once out of 20 shots" isnt shooting well)

Sounds like your gun wasn't very clean when you took it to the range. You need to take the time to thoroughly clean it. I mean really scrub it with a brush and some harsh solvent.
>Good luck trying to shoot well at 1000
I don't think there's even a 1000 yard range in my state. At such an extravagant range, shooting is largely a matter of luck. There are simply too many factors outside the shooter's control.

please leave

Attached: 1522910918935.jpg (600x732, 77K)

what do you mean "jam".

No.

>At such an extravagant range, shooting is largely a matter of luck

Yeah nah. Using Winchester white box 150gr soft points vs Federal Gold Medal 168gr match ammo will make a big difference at 1000yrds,

>There are simply too many factors outside the shooter's control.
Like what? You're probably talking out your ass because if you dont have a 1000 yard range in your state you probably havent shot that far or even close to that far ever, but what factors are not able to be accounted for?
>wind
This is the hardest one, one that can be drastically minimised with high ballistic coefficient bullets (aka what comes in the premium match ammo that is such a scam)
>variations in internal ballistics
Also minimised by "premium" ammo that has low standard deviations

Everyone point and laugh at this retard. 1k groups are repeatable, and not luck at all

That's correct. Anyone in a situation where premium ammunition is intended to be used is better served handloading.
Essentially premium ammunition exists solely to drain money from people too lazy to develop a load matched to the firearm.

there is an 800yd range around 2 hours out from me. maybe next year i will have a scope to make it worth going to qualify on their 200yd to shoot on the 800yd

>Yeah nah. Using Winchester white box 150gr soft points vs Federal Gold Medal 168gr match ammo will make a big difference at 1000yrds,
I agree, but even Federal Gold Medal will be affected by differences in air pressure, humidity, temperature, wind, etc.
>1k groups are repeatable
Yeah, as long as they only have to be 2 feet wide.

>will be affected by differences in air pressure, humidity, temperature, wind, etc
You account for those with a fucking ballistics calculator. Do you think long range shooters just ignore that shit and hope for the best?

Those factors vary a great deal at different times and places. Yes, you can sometimes use specialized equipment to calibrate a rifle to at least hit paper at that distance, but that has little relevance to practical shooting.

>Those factors vary a great deal at different times and places.
You measure it on the fucking spot with a kestrel
>but its not practical
It does it instantly, furthermore snipers do it in thr field in actual combat all the time

>I don't think there's even a 1000 yard range in my state
there's probably a couple
you're just ignorant

>It does it instantly, furthermore snipers do it in thr field in actual combat all the time
Sometimes. Even then, they don't always hit exactly at point of aim at 1000 yards. A good sniper will get closer if he can.

What is your argument here? It went from
>premium ammo is a scam
To
>long range shooting is mostly luck
To
>calculating external ballistics isnt practical
To
>well maybe its practical but its not 100% perfect, people miss by a little sometimes

>OP makes retardedly bold claims
>gets called out
>full damage control mode engage

This will never not be funny

Attached: 1409311881220.jpg (400x360, 42K)

I buy bulk for plinking and practice, I reload for when I give a shit about MOA.

Even stuff you make with budget Lee stuff is way more accurate than whatever you can buy at the store and even then it's cheaper than boxed federal.

I put a scope on my Norinco M14 and shot FMJ federal through it. Got minute of pie plate and thought I goofed on mounting it. I tried a box of premium and got 1.5 or less MOA. Now I just do my best to replicate their 168 HPBT rounds.

Attached: sunday morning 4.jpg (960x960, 166K)

2ft @ 1k

>ohiamlaughin.jpeg

holy shit what a blazing faggot
stop commenting and go shoot instead

Hornady is premium ammo isnt it?

t. CQB

The thread was originally about overpriced ammo. It quickly got derailed by people talking about 1000 yard shooting, which isn't even relevant to 99% of shooters out there.

CETME owners.

That doesn't even make sense though

>limp wristing. 22lr
You're genuinely retarded.

The .22 whitebox is pretty shit. Ive had good experiences with non-.22 whiteboxes

Wincester, white box, .357 MAG—I found this little dainty while loading my Model 60.

Attached: c932ae39-5fe0-42dd-9aef-1bbfb3b43d6a..jpg (3264x1836, 1.26M)