How would you effectively fight the monsters in A Quiet Place Jow Forumsommando's? Even a silenced...

How would you effectively fight the monsters in A Quiet Place Jow Forumsommando's? Even a silenced .22 would probably make too much noise and just attract more. Even the noise a compound bow makes would be too loud. Would you just go no guns?

Attached: 456234623.jpg (750x313, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SnTR-cG5W1I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device
youtube.com/watch?v=QSMyY3_dmrM
youtube.com/watch?v=_qktOvVNXwc
youtube.com/watch?v=i5LxJ3ZoS9E
collider.com/a-quiet-place-monsters-explained/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hide IEDs in the ground with remote-controlled sound producing devices (eg tie a string to alarm clocks or whatever) and then hide from a vantage point under leaf cover.

When I’m ready, I remotely trigger the sound, which attracts soundfuckers from all across the area, and when they’re near I set off the IED.

Probably gets me kills but whatever

A return to the ancient ways

Attached: image.jpg (356x268, 124K)

Pool cues
youtube.com/watch?v=SnTR-cG5W1I

M240 with Real Fucking NATO APIT rounds, night vision, concussion grenades, and these: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

Try to find an Engineer
Find a full function LRAD
Have Engineer figure out how to make xeno brain mush machine
?????
Xeno Purge
youtube.com/watch?v=QSMyY3_dmrM

I thought of this while watching the movie too. They could have sat on their corn silo and blown the fuckers away all day long like this.

That whole movie is completely retarded
>Monsters so bulletproof that US military can't kill them with bombs
>they hunt by sound but nobody ever had the idea to deafen them
>post-childbirth mother of 3 kills one with a pump action 12ga

yeah, they could have just grabbed a few IED's from their giant pile of them in the shack

Become a Noise Marine.

Haven’t seen the movie, but based off what I’ve heard/read I’m not sure how exactly these things have toppled humanity. My basic understanding is these are basically pack level animals that are basically like armored tigers that hunt by sound. All well and scary if it’s just a few people on there own.

But I don’t see how they could actually topple humanity. A single platoon in a fortified position could waste these things all fucking day.

Does the movie explain this point?

Right, the ones that they could have been making from shit they looted from the town instead of messing with a radio

Nope, it's one of the biggest and most annoying plot holes

It has great cinematography but the plot and writing are utter trash

I don't really know how fertiliser bombs work. Would you be able to make one from the ingredients available at an average farm? You could probably use black powder/steel wool/a battery as the detonator, right?

MG42 with a long ass belt feeding from a backpack, APIT. Jin Roh armour too. My playlist full of Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots etc playing at full volume on loudspeakers.

Attached: download.jpg (637x358, 61K)

>implying you are capable of making an IED from parts scavenged in a shit rural town

I haven't seen the movie either but its boils down to they have magical bulletproof hide and only a vulnerable face hole which they open up to listen for sound. so far in the movie I heard a scene where the father lights up a signal light and other signal lights respond back. tho from what I gather humanity wasn't really wiped out but spread out to improve humanities survival and reduce the chance of being found.

Your an idiot, those retard afghans having been making IEDS in their shit rural towns for decades and killing with them too. GET FUCKED

>build house near the lake they were screaming at
>soundproof it as best as possible

gg

Something that's been passed down for the last 30 years in those shitholes. And I don't know if you watched the movie but they are in rural America. Not Iraqistan. GET FUCKED

Attached: 1393988539255.gif (970x500, 183K)

You truly are autistic, Rural afghan shithole and they build IEDS. RURAL AMERICAN TOWN WITH THE BASELINE commodities FOUND IN THE US. Are you fucking stupid. Go to any town in the US or your fucking kitchen garage and boom the average American has the material to make homemade explosives. Its like your trying to be autistic or maybe you really are.

This wouldnt work, the creatures were literally indestructible in the movie canon, also how the fuck would he know how to make an IED

I'd imagine that these fuckers aren't hard enough to face check a fucking bomb. You'd think that it would at least shred some organs from the blast and hopefully deafen the creature if he survives. And shit I payed attention in chemistry class, I could make a bomb right now from my kitchen alone with maybe one or two runs to a hardware store

build one then

>This wouldnt work, the creatures were literally indestructible in the movie canon
Didn’t a pregnant woman kill 2 with a shotgun and another with an axe?

I have now won the argument against the autist. Let it be know your fucking moronic and need to accept defeat. Fagg

landmines with alarm clocks on top of them

this

Goddamn, the original was so much better.

Attached: tremorsii5.jpg (600x330, 113K)

They're supposed to have crazy hard armor. It's never explained just how retardedly hard it is, but we're supposed to believe it can tank a direct hit from 105mm APFSDS-T. The squishy insides apparently can't handle 00 buckshot tho.

Honestly, I loved the movie, but "lol, they're just invincible" was just lazy.

Plot armor has been a staple in horror movie writing since forever. It's why nearly all horror is garbage.

If the insides are still squishy, the concussion will make it squishier.

>loses argument
>claims victory
>results to homophobic slurs

You sure about that bud?

Timmy Mcveigh built one just fine, Columbine edgelords did too

LMAO did you just reference the columbine tards""explosives"".

McVeigh's on the otherhand..

I agree with you, but fuck me Columbine is quite possibly the worst example.

I want you to go read the description of events of Columbine and count the amount of times you read the words "explosive failed to go off".

How do they know if a sound is made by a human? What about all the animal and insect noises? How do they distinguish a human footstep from an animal footstep?

Shoot them in the head because they're always fucking exposing their squishy parts at all parts of the fucking movie.
God this movie was shit.

They can't differentiate between animal/human sounds; in the movie some raccoons make noise, and instantly end up wasted by these things.

That said like previous user said, the writing was really fucking dumb. I could see these things killing maybe a few dozen people when they first hit the US, but any SWAT or military team would rapidly figure out that the trick is either 7.62 AP, .50 BMG AP, or explosives, lots of explosives.

Honestly this was World War Z tier writing.

But there are so many more animals than humans. Good concept but bad execution it seems. I haven't seen the movie but it sounds kinda dumb.
I always wonder why those kinds of movies never address what happens to nuclear power stations and other infrastructure that requires constant maintenance to not cause huge disasters.

Get let's say 100-200 men together.
Have 90% of them be armed with the last 10% on reloading duty. We'd gruop up on a nice big hill top and form a circle with 3 rings of men. The bottom circle would be armed with shotguns and the other rings with high caliber rifles.
After a day or so the local region would be cleared of the creatures, and we'd all have tenitus.

>Some guy with 140+ IQ built one just fine
>Some spergs who would lurk 4chinks did too
You're forgetting that the sperg ones were shit.

A boom box and a lake of acid.

Attached: 1347084722618.jpg (667x680, 42K)

The average farm has commercial explosives on it.

>I always wonder why those kinds of movies never address what happens to nuclear power stations and other infrastructure that requires constant maintenance to not cause huge disasters.
either
>shitty author does not know about critical infrastructure
or
>the entire movie would suck as the protagonists slowly die from chemical exposure/forest fires/ radiation sickness or other man made disasters

Find a way to make a really loud noise so they expose their squishy bits and stop actively trying to kill me like they do in the movie.
What kind of a fucking weakness is "loud noise" anyways? How did they not get buttfucked the first time someone threw a shot a large caliber rifle, or threw a grenade, or dropped a bomb or soemthing?

Do you not know how to pipebomb?

It's more a particular frequency that splits their ears. A cochlear implant is loud enough to do it, and they aren't loud at all. Something like a cell phone could do it. The aliens are obviously bioweapons and that frequency is their kill switch.

>What is Afghanistan?

The monsters are basically bullet proff, their weak point is only when their head is exposed when they're very carefully listening for something.

The father rebuilds his daughters hearing aid and is overrall super handy. I feel like a bomb would’ve been child’s play.

Instead of a quiet place, for me the movie would have been called A Loud Place, just make the environment so noisy it effectively blinds them.

Which is also why if you ask me, cities > country for fighting these things

I was thinking this too. An air raid siren would paralyze these things. I imagine a rainy day would allow you to travel almost with impunity. I’d travel with a few noise emitting devices to serve as a distraction. These creatures seem really easy to bait and avoid.

I fuck them all into submission.

Overall though, it really depends on your environment. Innawoods? Yeah playing Submarine kinda makes sense until you've made contact. Urban players are at a distinct advantage against these things though. Buildings reflect sound, etc. Then again, against most of these kinds of creatures, zombies, etc, urban players are actually. Cities aren't deathtraps, they're killzones

What does fire do to these things? What if I build a big fire pit at the base of an air raid siren? Armor don’t mean shit if you’re breathing in fire

EODfag
>Not either of you retards.
Build a dozen IEDs on my qualifying courses.
HMEs are village lab simple when ATF aren't shooting doggos.
Simple IEDs are Afghanlevel simple.
Site 1 as a comeon.
Multiple secondaries to keep cleaning up those brought in like continuous production line.

So, why did the USAF not just drop CBUs?
Same spreading of HE/Frag joy on longdelay timers and influence fuzes.
Crap movie is over in a 20minute montage of Baysplosions.

Attached: images (49).jpg (477x308, 50K)

might not be the worst idea for post-contact if you are out innawoods, but otherwise, kind of a waste of the siren to just use it as bait. I'd rather have it poking out the window of a building, pointed at another building so the sound echoes all the way down the road

eh, movie itself was fine without the stupid backstory. It had a nice, definite set of rulese for the monsters that didn't need that

>they're bullet resistant
>hunt by sound
>you're in a rural area so fuckfuck games with loud noise won't work as well

>kill one of the creatures via plot hole
>gut it, skin it, and of course defile it
>wear its fleshy husk and crawl around like they do
>become accepted into the tribe of what ever the fuck you call these things
>use your superior intellect to domesticate them via the power of rape
>rape so many of them that you become the alpha of the pack
>eventually you blow so many loads that they get pregnant with hybrid creatures with terrible near sightedness and great hearing
>create an army of foul monstrosities that are filled with weird mutations
>kill retards who impregnate their wives during such dire circumstances
>drown in inbred hybrid mutant pussy for the rest of your days
>nationbuilding101.jpeg
>mfw

Attached: 1525580642563.jpg (211x264, 54K)

>particular frequency that splits their ears
>install speakers on helicopter
>Play linear frequency sweep on loop
>Non-critical noise attracts them, critical noise neutralizes them.
Not that hard.

>How would you effectively fight the monsters in A Quiet Place Jow Forumsommando's?

Easily. Anything that can record and play a noise and PIR sensor booby traps, or if low tech, cans or bells on tripwires attached to hammer/sprung firing pin charges surrounded by shrapnel.

Yup

I'd set up traps is what I'd do. Lure them someplace with an electronic device that makes noise, remote cameras to see if they're in position- and then I'd McVeigh the bastards with enough ANFO and shrapnel to penetrate their armor. I'd of course set up an extensive array of cameras and sensors, to make sure none were still in my area- coordinate with neighbors and so forth. And we'd clear a nice big territory of them- maybe tell others how to make McVeigh traps.

I can’t believe I waited 25 years for a sequel to Mars Attacks

Underrated post. They are literally unvincible to explosions, guns, high alititude bombing untill they get hit with the audio loopback feed via hearing implants.

>the creatures were literally indestructible in the movie canon
Then whats the point, let them kill you and be done with it. The only winning move is don't play.

Do any of you guys remember that one episode in Ghost in the Shell where a sniper had rifles set up all across a city square and had strings tied from the triggers to each of his fingers?

Yeah i thought it was ridiculous too
But I imagine it would work better inside a building though

I would play audio on that frequency since I've seen the end of that movie

I would find a nice really high cliff and rig a drone with speakers blasting something annoying as hell and have them chase it off said cliff, fall damage is OP

A fuckload of speakers blaring Intial D, elevated position, and mustard gas.

>Hide IEDs in the ground with remote-controlled sound producing devices (eg tie a string to alarm clocks or whatever) and then hide from a vantage point under leaf cover.
I really like the way you think. This kind of thinking is why poor as fuck insurgencies can stop the best deputed military units for pennies on the Benjamins

youtube.com/watch?v=_qktOvVNXwc

You can if you have a triple-digit IQ.

Just get some Chinooks and load those fuckers with napalm tanks and speakers set to blast fortunate son on full volume, hover until they gather under the chopper and drop the napalm on them. Napalm sticks, they die

Supposedly they came from out space by hitchhiking on meteorites landing on Earth

OP:

BE ADVISED THAT I AM SAGING YOUR GAY THREAD

Attached: seven.png (1278x958, 1.12M)

Source?

This
youtube.com/watch?v=i5LxJ3ZoS9E

the classic plot armor

My personal theory is that there were probably military enclave scattered all over, but rural areas and very urbanized areas would be too hard to secure

he has a point

collider.com/a-quiet-place-monsters-explained/

>this one thing that is only in existence in a single movie that some writer just fucking made up that has no base in reality that's bulletproof IED proof and almost indestructible that some preggo chick can kill 3 of
>shit tier movie
>'so Jow Forums how do you kill them'
Fuck off.

You sound mad friend

this says nothing that has not already been said faggot. also in response to your crude attempt at solving the problem. Concussive waves go through the armor and turn them into gel just drop bombs and they are fucked.Did you even read the comments on the article? because they provide other ways to kill them all.

Attached: 1512595770082s.jpg (124x107, 3K)

People can say whatever the fuck they want user. Your interpretation of it has no god damn bearing on their emotional state.
If that still sounds 'mad' to you, re-read it without the cursing.

>absolutely bulletproof
>not even bombs can kill or even hurt them a little

Lol what.

>came from another planet

Okay, clue me in.

>this planet has no light whatsoever, so they never needed to see

Wait, no light? As in so sun? So how fucking cold was it there?

>they are perfect creatures with absolute protection

Alright. If they are the apex predator on their planet, what would make them have the need to evolve such amazing natural armor? Does that mean that there is something on their home planet that is capable of killing them?

>they are not sentient

Again, how have they not all been tricked and bamboozled into traps and off of cliffs then?

>hearing is very acute, what they use to hunt

>that's well and all, but the fact that they CANNOT SEE, and have supposedly never encountered enemies with firearms and bombs before, how did they wipe us out again?

What a bad movie. The tension and all were okay but the idea of the monsters ruined it for me. They can survive in space? By riding chunks of their destroyed planet like a surfboard to earth? What even destroyed their planet?

You're also telling me that their magical armor is able to tank dozens of .50BMG, 7.62 AP, HEAT tank shells, and the like?

That is both preposterous and annoyingly lazy writing.

4/10

Yeah I don't get that, 1/2"-1" of organic matter/bone at the thickest and they're supposed to be invincible? Shit son, a burst of real fuckin' NATO to the legs and they'd be immobile. But plot armor gotta plot armor. Also they ripped a bus size hole in the silo in no time at all, but trying to get the kids in the cab of the truck the monster couldn't even peel that open.

>Drone with portable speaker
>Lure them into a fiery, exploding, chemical burning, electrical shocking, or slow death
>Or just live by the ocean where they can't hear shit on a windy day.

That drove me crazy more than anything else.

Well good thing I wasn't responding to that dumbass.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Haven't seen the movie preface
Pit traps. Either full of water or acid. If their armor is strong enough to defeat .50 BMG, it should make them too heavy to swim.

This is my problem with /x/, their bullshit is always
>Super strong invincible original character doughnut steel!!!

It's just no fun.

Let's be friends friend

Mars Attacks already did it. Can't go ripping off Tim Burton

Attached: mind blown.gif (500x197, 1.99M)

Something like this
>Set up speakers in clearings to confuse them
>while they're confused pick them off from the trees
>speakers muffle the gun shots
>sound IED's on every main road
>bombs inside of mannequins
>Vietcong style traps all around the cabin
>traps near the main trail are all non fatal so we don't kill ourselves
>traps are set up so a notification is sent to my phone if it's caught anything so we don't starve to death if we accidentally catch ourselves
>soundproof cabin
>play animal noises 24/7 so we don't go insane
>solar power
>deer hunting if there's any deer left
>soundproof greenhouse so we don't starve
>fiancé and I are safe
>If all else fails than the ayys will feel the power of the MG-42
>MG-42 would have the longest belt I could find
>full Auto AK-74 for self defense
>Mosin with bayonet for hunting ayys
>M-590 just in case we're overrun

I invite you user, my double digit iq friend, to take a gander at the Anarchist's Cookbook and discover how truly easy it is to make IEDs.

Did. The energy has to go somewhere