Is there a weapon that shoots acid?

Like a flamethrower, except it shoots highly corrosive acid?

Attached: CPS 3000 (2).jpg (750x563, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5KREAdsM-o#t=528
youtube.com/watch?v=N3xyICmQHy8
youtu.be/3XEdBLlvYrE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go away muhammed

I'm talking about an acid-shooting weapon that would make even muhammed afraid.

Acids don't work like in the movies, Even the strongest of acids are going to need prolonged contact to give anything more than simple chemical burns.

Best distribution method is probably crop duster filled with fleuroantimonic acid. That shit is pretty much the worst.

That would be a good idea. I was thinking about a small 4-wheeled armored vehicle, with only a driver, and an acid-shooting turret linked to the driver's helmet-mounted sight, that aims wherever the driver looks.

if you're going to go for chemical warfare, at least do it right
aerosol neurotoxin
(or zyklon-b for memes)
acid isn't magic, and is far slower-acting than you may think.

Nah. That would fuck with driving. Attack helicopter, replace gun with acid sprayer. That way your pilot can focus on flying and your gunner can drench crowds.

Alternative answer: Tankette with two seats. Acid sprayer on turret, coax 7.62 MG, driver fired 7.62 MG.

>aerosol neurotoxin
What kind of range would that have? How close to the enemy would you have to be to use it? How much area would it deny?

you could use it in a variety of ways
booby traps (think urban areas)
plane-dropped canisters
maybe a grenade launcher that launches capsules of the stuff into windows

the spray itself would be short ranged, but there are ways to deliver it that aren't just random spraying

Zyklon B

Attached: IMG_6360.gif (320x240, 44K)

Concentrated sulphuric acid will cause horrific burns in a few seconds, basically from the point it touches your skin because it's not only acidic but it's also a really potent oxidising and dehydrating agent. It doesn't react with most plastics, so you could just try it in a normal water pistol. It's nearly twice as dense as water and somewhat more viscous, so you'd need to try out a few designs. A backback sprayer maybe, with a drenching nozzle.

Fuck off with the meme shit, how is anyone supposed to get that? You can get conc H2SO4 at any decent hardware shop, I've the remains of 1L in my shed right now

Ziklon is in a solid state (small crystals) until it comes into contact with increased humidity and temperature (like a chamber full of sweaty humans). It has no potential for anything else than gas chamber or pest removal.

Keep in mind that all components that could come to contact with acid would have to be resistant to it's effects. I know glass and ceramics are pretty good, I had a bathtub of sulfuric acid. Also, ask /diy/ how to make one, they are better at this kind of stuff.

It's not concentrated enough over the counter to be deadly enough to be a battlefield weapons. If anything youd want hydrofluoric acid but that's more poison than acid really

OK, since you don't want fleuroantimonic acid, how about Hydrogen Fluoride? It converts to hydrofluoric acid on contact with skin and generally fucks shit up a little while after contact. It'll kill the shit out of you and you won't know until too late.

"But I can't buy that!" Make it. Use your sulfuric acid on some fluorite, readily available online in stone form. Combine the two at a high temperature (265C) and you get HF and CaSO4. Bubble the gaseous HF into water and get aqueous HF, hydrofluoric acid. You need to store it in plastic (not PTFE since it's slightly porous to HF) because it'll go through glass.

Have fun, STALKER.

How corrosive is it?

Attached: violence-emile-acid.jpg (620x343, 128K)

youtube.com/watch?v=c5KREAdsM-o#t=528

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

It's literally the strongest acid on the planet. It's 10 quadrillion times stronger than sulfuric acid, also exceptionally toxic, has toxic fumes and explodes on contact with water. The only way to store it is in PTFE. Don't fuck with this shit, you will die.

Meh youtube.com/watch?v=N3xyICmQHy8

>implying gas chamber and pest removal are different

>a little while after contact
Giving your opponent plenty of time to shoot you before the fluoride ions stop his heart.

>the gaseous HF
Just keep in mind that any leak here means it's now you who's going to get his shit terminally fucked up, in a little while. And that bit of fluorite contains more than just flouride, do you know what all the other elements and compounds present will do when they meet sulphuric acid? You're betting your life on it.

>It's literally the strongest acid on the planet. It's 10 quadrillion times stronger than sulfuric acid
Except how keen an acid is to start shitting hydrogen ions is only part of how corrosive it is. A pretty minor part in many cases. Plenty of stuff is highly corrosive despite not being an acid at all, either bases ("anti acids") or just completely uninterested in the hydrogen-hydroxide ion balance. And what corrodes shit the fastest always depends heavily on what shit it is we're trying to corrode. Aqua regia dissolves gold, but won't touch glass. Boiling sodium hydroxide won't touch gold, but it'll eat right through glass.

Go away hassan,You sunnis and shi ites are always fighting for control of London, now leave dr thrax

That's not activated. Since it's hard to safely transport, you buy those crystals and add your own HF to activate. Dude's clickbaiting in a big way. There's a few videos out there debunking the video in question.

That's why you're in a tankette.

Also, a different superacid vs. chicken.
youtu.be/3XEdBLlvYrE

Pretty well and truly fucks it up.

Fleuroantimonic acid is basically anathema to the living.

this. It's the worst of the worst acid you can come in contact with.

My chemistry teacher at university told a story about someone handling it, with safety equipment and all. But one drop managed to get inside. Went straight to the shower and tried to get it all out, and thought she had got it all out. But a few days later, her arm had to be amputated.

Sulfuric acid and nitric acid is awful, and getting it on you will get you some nasty burns. But you're not going to die. And the damages will be very limited if you have access to water, and you're not getting it in the eyes.

(The story i heard might have been on hydrofluoric acid, but anyway, any of those fluor acids are pretty damn dangerous)

>But one drop managed to get inside. Went straight to the shower and tried to get it all out, and thought she had got it all out. But a few days later, her arm had to be amputated.

By the standards of weaponized chemistry, that really isn't all that impressive.

Attached: VX-S-enantiomer-2D-skeletal.png (1100x551, 24K)

One of my buddies is a chemical engineer. He used to work in petrochemicals. A guy at his former employer spilled some on his HF on his leg. He didn't notice until it started itching. It was a few hours. He began decon procedures immediately. A few minutes into the shower, his leg goes all floppy and bendy, like the bone is broken without breaking. They rushed him to the hospital and amputated the leg pretty high, mid-thigh. He died the next day.

Fpbp

Zyklon b is a simple delousing agent, it’s not even that toxic unless heavily concentrated

proof that the holohoax is a myth

GIANT WATER BALLOONS

Or cluster munitions filled with many normal water balloons

>it’s not even that toxic unless heavily concentrated

The strongest poison known to mankind, botulin, is injected as a cosmetic. Poison's in the dosage. As for Zyklon B, the active ingredient is hydrogen cyanide, not exactly harmless. It's pretty worthless as a weapon outdoors though since keeping the concentration in the air outdoors at dangerous levels for any period of time is practically near impossible, it has bugger all persistence. Which also makes it a good choice to kill things indoors, where maintaining a high concentration is relatively trivial, and you can then just air out the room to decontaminate afterwards.

>any of those fluor acids are pretty damn dangerous

It's massively overstated. HF exposure is harmful, but HF related injuries are often non-fatal and even non-serious. The consequences of exposure are predictably worse for higher concentrations, but it's usually used in a dilute aqueous solution in most contexts.

HF phobia seems to be the chemistry version the all-too prevalent Ethidium Bromide phobia in the biology field.

>Ethidium Bromide phobia in the biology field
I am unfamiliar, and a simple Wikipedia read didn’t seem to explain much. Would you care to explain that to a pleb?

>Ethidium Bromide
Worked with this shit last semester making agarose gels for DNA elecctrophoresis. Handling and disposal of anything it touches is extremely controlled. I never really understood why or how it was so dangerous.