>Be US military

>had perfectly fine handgun
> it's been around for a while though and faggots whine about it having non-manlet/wamen friendly grips, and say that it's weight makes their vaginas hurt.
>Better replace it then.
>Could get the Glock.
>Lol nah let's get this Shit Sour with modular meme technology.

Y tho?

Attached: G17G5left.jpg (900x700, 86K)

a perfectly good thread had to die for this garbage

He's not wrong about adopting a mature platform over the 320. Maybe 20 years from now we'll look back and say that it was the right choice, but with the massive aftermarket that already exists for the G17, the 320 doesn't even have that much of an edge in modularity.

Agreed. The military should have adopted the Glock. 19 was the model offered, but the 17 would have served well, too. Both have plentiful capacity, are modular as fuck already, have a massive after market, and are chambered in 9mm, which is essentially THE combat pistol cartridge for planet Earth. So why?

Honestly, I feel it's because they fucked SIG out of the contact last time (when they shouldn't have) and felt bad about it.

The 320 isn't a bad gun. But I wouldn't take it over the Glocks.

My view.

get back to sigforums shill

Attached: sig-p320-obd.jpg (889x500, 249K)

I'm not big on Sigs that aren't the P22x models, but I'm glad they didn't get a Glock. The worst thing was that it's now going to be issued in that fuck ugly FDE.

Glocks are hideous, plebian firearms for people who don't like shooting but need to carry a gun for their job.

They should have stuck with Beretta.

Attached: 1527090592420m.jpg (1024x701, 83K)

Would you like the Glock better if it had a true DAO trigger?

I mean, why does the military even give to shits about pistols as long as they work? It's hard to think of anything more irrelevant than a fucking pistol from military-perspective.

>drop gun
>lose men

How many pistol rounds does a U.S. soldier fire on average during his active service? The answer is not many. If you're in a situation where you need a pistol, it really only needs to be reliable and have up to modern std capacity. A basic Glock or any other proven platform fills that role perfectly and choice should ultimately come down to contract costs for something as irrelevant. A military has no need for match-grade pistol triggers, red dots and other shit like that.

That's just you being antisemitic user, the sig is fine

Attached: other problems.png (811x503, 156K)

sigs are falling apart after 600 rounds, guns are not regularly replace, look at the state of most m9 mags

You think that's bad... Look at the BHP's still in use in Canada.

>Canada in 2016: We need to replace our BHP's because we've gotten to the point where we're even having a hard time cannibalizing them for parts, that's how fucked up they are.
>Canada in 2018: Eh... Dude weed man!

>YFW we STILL don't have weed
I swear, that motherfucker is going to hang from a lamppost like Mussolini by the 2019 election if he doesn't get his act together.

That's a good thing. Apparently the CPC wants to unfuck the Firearms Act.

>a perfectly good thread
Well, lets not get ahead of ourselfs

there is no practical difference between glock and sig.
sig offered better contract
end of story

Your reply is pure bullshit..... the military does not need a massive aftermarket of shitty parts for a shitty gun

>g-glocks are ugly! That means they suck!

I have owned both a 92FS inox and a Glock 19. I prefer the glock 19. You're just retarded.

Attached: 1527214585220.jpg (720x378, 137K)