Getting better with that aiming Jow Forums?

Getting better with that aiming Jow Forums?

Attached: D5B9DE69-719D-45E6-8391-8629C112B6EF.jpg (958x749, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

laser-ammo.com/laser-training
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wouldn't know, I don't shoot guns I just buy em

Steady and consistent pressure when pulling the trigger. Don't just yank the trigger with your finger.
Fire at the peak or end of your breath.

1. get
2. wear it out

Attached: h crosman-1322-air-pistol-premier-shooters-kit-48.jpg (758x450, 40K)

This. I just buy a bunch of guns and stuff them in my closet. I already know how to use them from playing video games so when Jamal and Miguel break in, I'll know what to do.

Im not a paperfag

Attached: f44f2b66ea97d63d253dd65bcee81e77.jpg (1024x997, 249K)

Why do people keep talking about breathing control? I've never found it to be an issue. Consistent sight picture and a good trigger press is really the only thing.

Actually, yes. I hit a plateau at 21 feet for the longest time, and for some reason, I've finally been able to push myself further back. I'm not great, but I can get a roughly 5'' group at 45 feet with my subcompact. That's after being warmed up, and properly focused, but still. Progress is progress.

do those laser pointer cat toy charges work? are they fishe oil?

laser-ammo.com/laser-training

snek oil i maxed out my metaphors

This. Shooting is a lot easier than a lot of people make it sound imo.

Breath control is more of a competition/long range shooting problem. Though I've heard about people worry about heartbeat which sounds like utter bullshit to me.

Breathing moves your body, and moving your body shifts your foundation. Shifting your foundation reduces your accuracy. Everything is foundation, and foundation is everything, especially if you plan on taking more than a single shot.

>Fire at the peak or end of your breath.
End. Not peak. Peak breath creates tension in the chest cavity. Tension throws off your aim.

I am! Pic related is me Vs. my dad. He was way better than me a year ago but I've been practicing a few times a month now. It feels great to be getting better.
I still have to stop pulling to the left though..

Attached: Me vs. dad.jpg (1202x676, 85K)

no.
i can targets pretty well with a rifle but nothing over .308 because I flinch like a motherfucker (i even involuntarily make the hissing sound with my mouth and pull hard on the gun). I'm fine as long as I shoot with a suppressor but I still pepper the outline of the target when shooting with my shield.

No, I've pretty much plateaued as well as hit the mechanical limits of my guns.

Attached: 20170828_160656.jpg (2048x1152, 670K)

This was an accurized R700 with the factory barrel in .300wm at 100m, btw.

When I got it it was a 3+ MOA rifle. The receiver was cut and threaded hilariously crooked and it had excess headspace from the factory. If I hadn't been able to do the work myself I'd have sold it off and been done with it. All told, a 0/10 rifle when I got it, and I'm still not a fan of the stock.

Glad you got it to work excellently in the end, but I'm still going to laugh at your expense for buying Remshit in the first place. What ranges are you taking it out to? I doubt you chose .300 Win mag for 100yd shooting.

The new meme is to build a rifle instead of improving a hunting rifle. Chassis don't need custom bedding and give you the ability to play with grips and stocks. Also there are a number of actions out there that use barrel nuts for headspace, so you don't have to break out the lathe.

I can aim rifles no problem but handguns I still have trouble with

It's more of a problem for me when I'm shooting from a bag than breathing. Random sway from minute muscle spasms is the issue offhand. I find the easiest way to shoot offhand is to run a light trigger and let yourself sway into the target rather than struggle to steady yourself. Maybe I'm a pleb, but I can consistently hit plates at 300.

Then you're a shitty hunter fag. You should be taking hundreds shots in practice before shooting game. Maybe following 200 yards of blood trail is fun for you but I prefer to claim my animals close to where they were shot.
>inb4 I'm spooper gud already
Then you were once a paper fag yourself or you've taken so many irresponsible shots you've somehow gained enough experience to now be confident in your ability.
Tldr: No matter what, you're still a fag.

same here. fucking pro with shotguns and rifles, can’t shoot pistols for shit. 3” offhand at 100yds with a rifle and 10” at 15yds with a pistol. what the fuck. if i don’t totally focus i won’t even hit the paper

offhand is all about breaking the trigger over the target. the more you try to hold it on one point the more you shake. i go from low to high over the target and break the trigger over the center. this is what 2 stage triggers are actually good for. not these larping faggots

I shoot it out to 1300m on occasion and usually between 300m and 600m, but it's primarily a hunting rifle. Started life as a Sendero SF2.

I've got a pair of scopes for it, my hunting scope is in Warne QD rings and my target scope is in a now-discontinued Talley 1 piece qd.

My all time best group came from this rifle, a 1.107" 5 shot at 500m. I was on fire that day, I had 4 separate sub 1.5" 5 shot groups at that range and an 8" 5 shot at 1km.

that sounds like flinching

I can usually keep myself in 4x4cm target with pic related from 6 meters. I've cleaned it up, but trigger is just not very user-friendly. I hope that i'll be able to shoot anything if i'll learn to use this thing, it makes nice little challenge for newbie like myself.

Attached: DSC_0465.jpg (1000x667, 608K)

I have a pretty major rifle flinch I'm trying to get over.
>feelsbadman

I bet you've already heard this a billion times, but have you tried slowing down your trigger pull?
I mean really slow it down. Like, so slow that you start pulling, and there's almost 15-30 seconds before firing.
It's best to do this in either a seated or prone firing position, but really taking your time makes it easier to not flinch.

All my long distance shots look like top right. Rip me.

>tfw am bottom left
At 100 yards the front sight is about the same width as the entire paper, let alone the target, how am I supposed to know if my sights line up perfectly on the bulls eye?

stop jerking the trigger

Snap caps are also nice to train against flinch. Have somebody else load a magazine for you and put a snapcap in the magazine at a random spot. When you are shooting you won't know when the snapcap is coming and when it does you can tell just how much you flinch.

Haven't heard that before but I'll have to try it.
I never really got that. It only tells you that you do flinch which I already know.

The most correct post in this thread. $25 stock optional but recommended.

This is relatable for me. I do love to go shooting, but it's also just such a hassle sometimes to make a trip out to the range. I probably only do it once every few months or so.

It's all good though. One day I'm gonna acquire a bunch of land and build my own private range in my backyard.

Kinda
Still pulling to the left

>not using bottles, old CDs, and eventually bottle caps to learn on
Not him, but paper targets are a needless expense when you aren't some long range competition shooter, especially considering trash like I mentioned is literally free. Besides, killing an animal isn't that hard once you get over the initial buck fever.

>it matters if pest animals suffer

You must be one of those internet gays I've heard about so much on the random board. Listen, ten thousand "unethical" shots at sparrows, starlings, pigeons, ground squirrels, jackrabbits, feral cats, feral pigs, and coyote will teach you ten thousand times more about hunting than ten thousand shots at paper.

Steadying your heartbeat really comes into play when hunting. When I finally set up for a shot on an animal I have been stalking/calling for hours, my heart can actually shake my whole body.

Fair enough, but I've got to say that marksmanship is a fantastic hobby.

>I still pepper the outline of the target when shooting with my shield
You're focusing on the target rather than the front sight-post like you should be doing. Clear sight, blurry target. Repeat that five hundred times.

I'm an decent shot but I want to get better. been shooting for since I was young but extremely casually. should I just practice more before I worry about things like match grade triggers and high end optics?

Its either the noise or the excitement to shoot after a long time of not shooting but my heart races and my hands shake like a motherfucker when I know im going to be popping off rounds

100 yards on a 16" bcm upper

Attached: 20180415_153747.jpg (4160x3120, 3.43M)

>I like my venison extra tough and full of adrenaline and fear

Attached: Serious.jpg (540x380, 22K)