Heavy Weapons Training

Hypothetically speaking, is there any place for a non-mil (white) US citizen to go to learn how to operate things like mortars and ATGMs, or how to safely lay AT mines? There's carbine courses out the ass, but I'd like to learn how to be a little more useful in the unlikely event that we're invaded by whatever boogyman country is in vogue this month. Small arms are great and all but they aren't the most useful thing to have on hand when there's an enemy supply convoy of semi-hardened vehicles that needs blowing up.

t. militia LARPer who has little faith in the effectiveness of light infantry

Attached: 409_m72law-1[1].jpg (558x275, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15.com/forums/armory/AT_4_9mm_Tracer_Trainer_Build/2-416612/
youtube.com/watch?v=W9TKqVNU9Es
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the unlikely event we are invaded by a boogeyman country, and in the unlikelier event the military accepts help from civilians/ you're behind the lines or whatever you would be trained how to use it by whover provides it to you.

There's probably a few local town militias or even reenactment groups you can join with guys with military experience you can learn from

>you would be trained how to use it by whover provides it to you.

Because that's been working out so well for all those insurgencies we've been equipping and training, right?

Always wanted to learn how to shoot a mortar, even if its just dummies I have to retrieve after every shot. The tube and the projectile wouldn't be terribly difficult to come by (expensive, certainly), but what to do about propellant rings? What are the skins on them even made of?

So why train with a rifle at all? In the event of invasion, the government will train you to use one if they really need you. :^)

You're dumb if you cant figure out how to use a LAW on your own

t. Royal Canadian Dragoons

The same could be said of an AR-15. The problem is getting my hands on even a cartridge-firing training model to practice with.

you just wanna shoot rockets dont you brosef

Shit is somewhat "private proof", go read the manuals online or find some videos on YouTube to understand the theory behind their use. I personally bought a plethora of old manuals at a local bookstore for a few dollars a piece over the years, great stuff but not complicated at all. If you blow yourself up with such weapons during the happening you probably would've been killed anyway. If you're too scared to operate said weapons on the fly then you shouldn't attempt to operate said weapons.

The at4 has written, step-by-step directions on the side of the tube.

If it gets to the point that you have to employ handheld anti-armor weapons, you'll be a-ok as long as you can read and/or follow the basic instructions of whomever is giving the weapons to you.

Maybe

I also want to git gud with a 60mm

Build your own 9mm AT4 trainer, OP. Plenty of spent tubes on the market.

ar15.com/forums/armory/AT_4_9mm_Tracer_Trainer_Build/2-416612/

>safely lay AT mines
Field manualas senpai

But I wanna practice fampai

Having a wall of field manuals doesn't mean shit unless you actually practice what's in them.

Neat. That's going on the list of "stuff I want to make when I finally get my own machines."

Apparently the AMU at least used to host 3-gun matches at Fort Benning where part of the course of fire was to carry and hit a target with an AT4 trainer.

youtube.com/watch?v=W9TKqVNU9Es

I wonder if they still do it.

Timestamp at 3:15

Iirc there are deactivated M72 LAW that you can use to launch "flares".

If you'r ewilling to spend the money, you can find legal RPG-7 trainers

You can even buy M72 21mm trainers

Attached: image113.jpg (610x353, 31K)

Yeah, it's called the military. Or get into NFA stuff and find a re-enactment group.

>Because that's been working out so well for all those insurgencies we've been equipping and training, right?

We can't give them balls.

>unless you actually practice what's in them

Do you *really* need someone to tell you how to go bury pie pans in a field somewhere based on the FM's pattern?

As far as mortars and stuff, see above about getting into NFA stuff. Ragnar Benson had plans for a mortar, and practice rifle grenades are out there. 37mm launchers are legal with no hassle, and people make their own chalk marking rounds.

Always wanted to learn how to shoot a mortar, even if its just dummies I have to retrieve after every shot. The tube and the projectile wouldn't be terribly difficult to come by (expensive, certainly), but what to do about propellant rings? What are the skins on them even made of?

See above with Benson's mortar. Steel pipe tube, end cap, rounds made of short lengths of pipe with more caps, launched with blank shotgun shells.

the internet