Wait one fuckin second

How the fuck do Russians have Eotechs again? Doesn't ITAR exist basically to prevent them and other non-ally countries from getting this shit?

Attached: image.jpg (599x337, 73K)

>Doesn't ITAR exist basically to prevent them and other non-ally countries from getting this shit?
lol, they just buy it from countries who can buy EOTech, the same way the US are buying russian defense system for countries that can't afford US air defense but still are under US military contract

That's weird. What countries do this?

Attached: image.jpg (678x960, 223K)

Not that it would stop them from getting the things in small batches anyway, but I don't think that kind of thing is covered under ITAR, it's basically consumer electronics.

Perfectly legal if you fill out the proper end user paperwork.

How do you think European countries get EOTechs?

ITAR is just guidelines for unauthorized transfer of military technology. Someone with as much pull as L3 can move anything to nearly any country.

They're probably fake ones made by Russian or Chinese companies.

I've been to an Iraqi-Kurdish gun shop in Erbil once, you could buy fake chinese Eotechs for 100 bucks.

>People break laws!
>How?????

By not giving a fuck.

What exactly stops Russia from just producing their own knock offs?

Even with the Soviet Union and the iron curtain still existing it wouldn't be too hard for the Russians, wouldn't it? Get some spy in the US to buy one, make a shitton of photos and plans, send them to mother Russia, produce your own version.

Might be cheaper to just let their spec ops buy their own shit.

>What exactly stops Russia from just producing their own knock offs?
Their electronics are trash.

Ebay

why does he look like a manlet?

That’s what some do, actually. Eotechs are widely available on civilian market.

Anyone got experience with both an EO-tech and the Vortex holographic UH-1?

european countries or any other countries neutral toward both sides

I remember reading how they do it, apparently Russians with British or German citizenship create a company in UK or Germany and then import these things to sell them in Russia.

I bet American citizens even help in this process, because in capitalism, money is all that matters.

Why can't the Russians simply manufacture their own? Or, dare i say it, buy Chinese?

Is Russia to retarded to understand optics tech?

They're not issuing these things to everybody, they have their own domestic reflex sights. EOTechs are going to "price is no object" type units, these guys are carrying other Western shit like Glocks too.

Why do Russians treat Glocks like they're some sacred objects? Like, everyone and their aunt, and even fucking isis, have Glocks. It's like 500 bucks, big fucking deal. If it was an actual expensive handgun like a pimped fnx or a high end sig, I'd understand, but Russians and Russian vidya like EfT pretend Glocks are the coolest thing ever.

This. Europeans can't truly stop commerce with Russia without withholding natural gas and playing games with them in Ukraine.
They do. BelOMO in Belarus started back in the Soviet days and still manufactures optics on a large scale for the Russians.
Russian government users of 9x19mm use super hot loads in their 9x19mm. It is fetishized because it is Western and the whole "got my Glock forty" shit from American rap music has become popularized with American rap music imports and integrated in part in Russian language rap music. Also, movie action heroes often use Glock pistols and so it is seen as *extra super cool*, kind of like Uzis in the 80s.

Why do Mexicans love Colt 1911's and Chevy Trucks? Why do Chinese, Koreans and Japanese love eating at Mcdonalds?

For some reason, Russians bought into the whole "Glock Perfection" meme. To be fair, a Polymer framed and nitride pistol like the glock is great for cold weather places like Russia.

Glocks also have the reputation of being the AK-47 of pistols due to their cheap cost, reliability and durability.

Orsis makes Glocks that's why. Orsis also makes AR-15s.

It's not like all of them absolutely love it. Pic related is spetsnaz in Syria with a MP-443 Grach and this unit has basically gigantic budget and can use western gear freely (i think you can tell by the Steyr rifle), some of them can be seen with Crye or 5.11 plate carriers.

Attached: a281c8c4b200bb7116d2539c6b54a3a6.jpg (1302x1979, 470K)

>Glocks also have the reputation of being the AK-47 of pistols
They're no unicorns.