Are preppers retarded? I have never lived outside 10 minutes from a Costco. Everything near me is fully stocked...

Are preppers retarded? I have never lived outside 10 minutes from a Costco. Everything near me is fully stocked. For all the money spent on hoading bullets and frozen food could’ve been spent buying stocks and have generated 5x their money over 10 years instead of sitting there rotting and slowly depreciating

Attached: FA8B321C-25C3-452F-BC00-5AB32EA1C54C.jpg (535x356, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ferfal.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-really-happened-during-argentine.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're retarded

But it's always a good idea to keep up to a weeks worth of food and water. As well as additional supplies to help obtain food and water.

Buying pallets of MREs is fucking dumb.

They're as retarded as you are for posting this thread.

>Are preppers retarded?
If they are spending a meaningful portion of their income on it then they are retarded.
If it's a small part of their disposable income then they are not retarded.
If its' just what amounts to a "hurricane kit", then they're smart.

>he thinks when society collapses money and costco will still be in operation where he can sell off his stocks

Op youre a fucking moron

You’re functionally retarded
Somehow moreso than preppers

Not really, in the event that society collapses they have what they need to survive.

If society doesn't collapse they have the stuff needed to live

>he thinks society is going to collapse in his lifetime

>Everything near me is fully stocked.

With deliveries happening multiple times a week because one facility can only hold enough inventory to last about three days before people clean them out. Add a natural disaster and their stocks dry up even quicker. Then if deliveries can't be made, you're fucked.

Yup, i say keep 14 days og food and water incase of natural disaster that could ruin local electrical grid and roads and that kinda shit

>going to a costco during a happening
That is going to be one of the hottest parts in the entire town. Pretty much a death wish.

>he doesn't think

Usually, yes.
>5x their money
The 50 year average return is 8% annually, assuming a diverse and well managed portfolio. Most investors have actually lost money over the last 10 years. Pretty much nobody has managed the 400%+ return necessary to get to "5x their money" since the tech bubble burst in the 90s.

>Are preppers retarded?

Actual peppers? Yes. Someone just keeping a week or so of emergency rations around in case a tornado or blizzard or earthquake or whatever fucks shit up for a while? No.

you can't eat stocks when shit hits the fan. you'd be retarded to do one or the other and not both.

a months worth*

in the case of natural disasters you can be out of power and whatnot for longer than a week, but normally not over a month

>floridanerd, survived a dozen hurricanes living 5 minutes from the coast

You are the stupidest poster currently on Jow Forums

Tell all those people in Venezuela to just go to the grocery store if they're starving

Kys immediately

Ever have your power go out for a month when it's -24 no transport due to bridges closed-of, pipes frozen, no news service?

Right because the biggest risk is yellow stone, aliens and not the rise of automation and robots creating a new neo feudalistic society. Keep hoarding your ammo and food while I keep buying land in Palo Alto and NoVA.

no, because I don't live in the middle of no where in alaska.

Have fun in that FEMA camp when all your land has zero value when the nigger hoard is looking for food.

No, have you?

ha! gottem

holding onto any more than 1-2 weeks worth of food and water is delusional/mad max fantasy/mental instability to the maximum.

No natural disaster in the continental US would ever happen that couldnt be resolved in at max 2 weeks, and if not you would FOR A FACT be dead anyway, dont fantasize about living through yellow stone or a nuclear holocaust, you would die, period.

with katrina anyone who had enough sense just simply left.

the only way you could ever justify prepping to the cringe degree some of these boomers do on youtube is if you lived south of the boarder, in Alaska, Hawaii, or one of the territories (i.e. puerto rico).

>You can't eat your supplies as they approach post-freshness date and save the same/greater money on groceries you would have bought anyways

>I'm 14, this k place seems fun to hang out in for the summer

>What is a power grid failure?
>What is disease panic?
>What is OP going on a cock sucking rampage?
>What is Detroit.

Ya, no, I lived a NC back in the day when they got an ice storm they had no prep for. Almost 3 weeks, no reliable power, roads were a shit show, food became a problem, no federal help.

>stuck eating shitty canned food for a month to justify buying it in the first place
No thanks

Depends. Honestly another Carrington Event isn't exactly out of the question to happen somewhere in our lifetimes. Neither is peak oil. Not to mention we've only had Nukes for a relatively short time, there's a distinct possibility they might be used one day.

Honestly it's my dream to build a perfectly placed compound that's fortified against all sorts of dangers like nukes and shit like that. Even if I never have to bunker down in it, I want to give the place to my children or grandchildren to keep up maintenance/food rotation if they want.

MDildo here, I've got a solar charger and a rechargeable LED lantern, plus an assortment of electrician's tools.

What's the optimum amount of food and/or ammo I should have stocked at any given time?

Attached: Battle Cavalry.png (800x800, 134K)

How are you this retarded? It has to be b8.
>Huh, I should eat that frozen venison from a couple months ago instead of running to the store for meat
>I've had this pasta for a bit, I should rotate it. Baked Ziti tonight.
>Sweet potatoes sound good.
Want to know how we all know you're an underage who doesn't handle groceries/shopping and lives off mommy's tendies?

Ammo is no hard and fast rule. Minimum, enough to fill the magazines you have. Max? That depends on how good a deal you can find. Besides, more shit to shoot, just restock.

Food wise, I like 2-4 weeks because you can do that on the cheap if you're smart (dry white rice keeps for 8-10 years and costs a couple dollarydoos). It will take up a tiny corner of your pantry/downstairs/wherever.

Is op able to find more cocks to gargle at costco? Do they sell them in packs?

If by ''preppper'' you mean someone who plans to hunker down in the event of an apocalyptic event and survive for years off their stores, yes.

If you mean someone who has 1-4 weeks of emergency supplies, no.

Try 70% of New England like 10 years ago after that freak ice storm. How about Katrina or Cali after the next real earthquake...that is gonna be some sweet sweet karma.

i could educate you dimwits about prepping but why waste my time.

Because you know no more than most posters over the age of 25 who have been here for any serious amount if time.

>>What is a power grid failure?
wont really ever happen in any massive way that wont be fixed in a few days like i said
>>What is disease panic?
literally impossible in the modern world
>>What is OP going on a cock sucking rampage?
Pray
>>What is Detroit.
a place you should have moved away from a long time ago, no amount of preps will save you from that kind of shit.

>No natural disaster in the continental US would ever happen that couldnt be resolved in at max 2 weeks
In our lifetime we will see the US erupt in civil violence as bad as any first world nation has. If you can't see the escalation of organized ultra leftist activity you are blind. Were you paying attention to the antifa riots in 17 major cities on the same day last fall? Well organized testing of response by the authorities...that is military level planning. 3,000 assholes could shut down highways and power substation and water filtration plants near major civilian populations with enough effect that is cascades and fucks things up almost everywhere
Keep your heads in the sand if you want but pay close attention to Brazil right now and see what happens when the commies shut down supply lines to all the food stores. Look at Venezuela, they ate the animals from their zoos, no medicines in their hospitals. You can pretend it could never happen here, I chose to be prepared like a good boy scout.

But like I said, why waste my time teaching why prepping doesn't have to be pants on head rfetarded or expensive.

Attached: image 3.jpg (650x366, 52K)

This is a great example of idiocy. I hope you're trolling otherwise become familiar with your local FEMA recovery procedures. I did and that is why I make damn sure I can take care of me and mine for a few months. Read about the shit FEMA pulled in New Hampshire after that ice storm. Our state legislature passed a law FORBIDDING them from attempting to usurp authority from local govs ever again FFS

Attached: image 2.jpg (560x346, 58K)

>In our lifetime we will see the US erupt in civil violence as bad as any first world nation has.
You're not a prophet, and even if you were through this statement I could tell you arent a very good one.

>If you can't see the escalation of organized ultra leftist activity you are blind.
apparently so because they havent done anything major since BLM shut down and the Trump Rioters realized they had mid-terms to do.

>Well organized testing of response by the authorities...that is military level planning. 3,000 assholes could shut down highways and power substation and water filtration plants near major civilian populations with enough effect that is cascades and fucks things up almost everywhere
implying antifa is remotely that smart

>hurr durr venezuala
US isnt a communist shithole fuck off with this media hype.

almost all "preppers" are larpers and you sir are an exemplar

>I make damn sure I can take care of me and mine for a few months
if you willingly stay in any kind of disasterous situation for more than a month, much less force your family to stay with you, you deserve death or to be charged with fucking abuse.

>great example of idiocy
>make damn sure I can take care of me and mine for a few months
>Hey, that fat noguns nigger's still fat after this whole month of chaos
>I wonder how he's staying so noguns, niggerish and fat
>Let's bust into his house and find out
>great example of idiocy

Attached: Adipose Daughter.jpg (2069x1395, 933K)

>This shows you're under 18
>This shows you've no idea about the healthcare industry/pharmaceutical industry and its currently fucked state moving forward
>Agreed
>Was a joke, but the point remains that social unrest is a handful of dindus away.

I am over 26 and the fact that I have spent way to much of n=my free time on Jow Forums over the last 1 or 14 years has nothing to do with your stupidity faggot.\My family can provide for themselves for a food while in any season. We can do it quietly with out arousing the suspicions of local gov types who have proven time and time again to use their authority to feed their kids at the cost of us lessor citizens. You have some truly rose colored glasses on if you don't understand just how fast it becomes us against them. Not a problem I have friend.

I love when someone starts a post calling someone an idiot/retarded/etc, then everyone piles on with how fucking stupid they are. It's so damn good.

>You know no more than 25+ who has spent a significant amount of time
>"I'm 25 and spent significant time here!"
>Has no more knowledge than the above qualifiers would signify
Holy shit, you're both stupid AND easily b8ed.

>he thinks it would take a few days to repair sabatoged transmission lines and substations every 10-15 miles.

You dont realize how vulnerable our utilities grid is in the US.
You think PG&E is gonna be going out to repair substations or gas mains when people are fighting for food and basic necessities?

>preppers that prepare for actual doomsday/economic collapse
Yeah, they’re retarded
>people who stockpile food, fuel, generators, and fresh water for a crisis lasting up to 90 days
This is what every sane person, especially in a rural area where aid might not be close, should be doing.

When an ice storm hit my town, some people were without power for like 45 days in rural areas outside of it. Without heat, pipes burst and left people without running water or plumbing. Generator sales after that year skyrocketed, and several people were in dire straights. I think about 100 people in total died, mostly trying to walk to find help/food/water, the rest from simple exposure in their own home when it got too cold.

>>>What is a power grid failure?
>wont really ever happen in any massive way that wont be fixed in a few days like i said
Listen up, ore power grid is falling apart now. It isn't hardened or safe. A tiny malfunction in one substation caused a cascading power failure that fucked up 30% of the country in 2003 but you're to young to remember. The only state anywhere near safe is Texas.
>>>What is disease panic?
Ebola was alive and well in the USA just three years ago but we caught the three people infected fast enough. If it ever got loose in some urban jungle it would be all over fucktard.
>>>What is OP going on a cock sucking rampage?
Because OP is a huge cock hungry faggot but there is n nothing wrong with that
>>>What is Detroit.
bix nood muhafugger

I can close my eyes and point to any number of stocks that have generated 400% returns in the past 2 years without even having to look too hard. Sure, most people won’t take the risk of betting it all on one company, but you really think the investors holding some amount of that stock hasn’t cleaned up?

>implying you can’t substitute a can of beans or chili 2-3 times a week in the year that it’s about to pass freshness date

You’re fucking evil if you advocate against emergency preparedness. Even the government advises keeping a week’s worth of food and water, and seeing as they always tend to underestimate things like nutrition and savings necessity for their recommendations, i would say 30 days is more reasonable.

Smart preppers invest in learning skills. A years worth of food and water purification tablets is really not that expensive. Mormons do that and it's really not difficult. Follow FIFO practices and eat what you're prepping. That way you are prepared but also not wasting money. Smart preppers live in a manner that is more economical and also conducive to prepping. Buying guns and practicing with them is smart, but serious preppers are also learning useful skills that will be just as necessary if the balloon goes up.

Preppers are sooooo dumb. It's not like bad things EVER happen.
You can post examples but I'll just ignore them.
t. anti-prepper

>I keep buying land in Palo Alto

No you’re not. 1200 square foot houses are going for $1.8-$2 million, and it only goes up from there. You might be a little more believable if you said you were buying land in Kentucky or Alaska.

>No natural disaster in the continental US would ever happen that couldnt be resolved in at max 2 weeks, and if not you would FOR A FACT be dead anyway

Tell that to the millions of people who survived the Loma Prieta quake, and waited for close to 2 months for water and electricity to be restored. Shit happens all the time in this country, junior. And I like the way you hand wave the Katrina issues. Sure, we all know you’re just trolling, but could you at least put a little bit of effort into your bait?

>>What is a power grid failure?
>wont really ever happen in any massive way that wont be fixed in a few days like i said

No natural disaster in the continental US would ever happen that couldnt be resolved in at max 2 weeks

Have either of you ever seen a map of a power grid, or how they're set up?
Substations are daisy chained off of eachother in the vast majority of cases. Transmission lines from power plants, whether nuclear, hydro, geothermal, solar or wind carry power to substations on overhead cable. Which is the easiest to sabatoge. Since theyre visible nearly the entire route to their destination. Someone who really wanted to ruin a electric grid would only have to drive in their car and follow the lines.
Substations are not protected and sometimes feed large populations with power. Majority of them are within 10-15 miles of each other. Theyre not at all hard to find. And even easier sabatoge than transmission lines.

Tl;dr
Our infrastructure is setup in a way to fail so easily its scary.
Anyone with a rifle and a decent shot could do enough damage to knock out large populations energy within a matter of hours.

Pic related. All overhead transmission lines in my local area. Notice they feed off of one another.
One goes down, the others can as well.

Attached: Capture+_2018-05-27-20-15-17.png (1386x806, 1.71M)

You would figure a station would take a little effort to down. Something with a little more bang to it.
I don't know why, but its wargame shit like this that fascinates me.

Transmission and primaries are only feeding one direction. Cut off the supply and everything else beyond it is cut off as well. Ive seen these things being built and up close there is so much that goes into them. And so many things to ruin it as well.
Gas would be the same way except a little harder to locate.
Easiest way to find them is through a reg station. Shut off valves are all over cities
HP gas would take some serioud balls to sabatoge though. Although its easier to repair for energy companies than electric is.

>implying FEMA isn't a disastrous situation

Stockpiling food is for chumps anyway. There’s no way to stay in one place long term in any situation requiring it.

If it doesn’t fit in your bug out bag then don’t bother. The only way you’re going to actually make it is to live off the land.

Attached: 84009560-E87C-4DC5-B5DC-D5B2930DC229.jpg (537x524, 92K)

You are completely ignorant about a chunk of real America these days. The prepper community is huge and the percentage who are "doomsday" level is tiny but that is all the MSM will talk about. We hide our power level better than anyone. You could have a neighbor who is completely self sufficient right now and have no idea, maybe even a semi close friend but you act like its a mental illness so piss off already.
Enjoy that gov cheese and all the retarded stings they attach if shit goes bad, not my problem that you don't know and don't care to learn how fucked up our emergency services are on a national level

NC, where you have to worry about ice storms, hurricanes, droughts, avalanches, feds, Fudds, and dindus.

Speaking of gas, think a fire would be a more "this is fucked" method of hitting a station? Couple shots and downed lines would be easier to fix than some home made napalm spread around and ignited.

The same can be applied to fiber routes, coax cable, and phone. Almost all major transmission lines for telecommunications are overhead as well.
I remember when i used to work as a cable installer we came across a home that had so much noise on the lines it would shut down the neighborhood node every morning. Took months to figure out why, turns out everytime a woman used her hair dryer in the morning the electric somehow was feeding back into the cable plant and would knock the node offline. It was a shitshow.

Just shows how vulnerable everything is.

>I can close my eyes and point to any number of stocks that have generated 400% returns in the past 2 years
Anyone with an internet connection can point at the things THAT HAVE happened you silly fuck... tell about the ones that are going to do that in the next two years. I won't hold my breath
The risk our power grid represents honestly scares me at times. With just a few thousand dollars and a few group of dedicated actors it could all be brought down for months or far longer. Scares the shit out of me when I think about it
>Smart preppers invest in learning skills
Welcome to sane prepping 101. I could give lessons but the underageb&s here make it impossible.

I literally said nothing that you are sperging about, stupid, I just laughed at you for being dumb and everyone knowing it, cock socket.

After becoming FEMA certified, I lost all faith in FEMA.

>Stockpiling food is for chumps anyway. There’s no way to stay in one place long term in any situation requiring it.
Having a rotating food storage system was just the way everyone lived for all of human civilization until just 5 or 6 decades ago. It is expojnentially cheaper and healthier to buy and store food instead of running ti the store for highly processed foods. \You are wrong, very wrong but sadly you are also to dumb to be taught.
>If it doesn’t fit in your bug out bag then don’t bother. The only way you’re going to actually make it is to live off the land.
BOBs are great and a good BOB is absolutely required but sheltering in a well prepared place is optimum

checked\What is it about fudds that worries you user? Honestly curious.
>cock socket.
talks ab out name calling...calls people names
Yep, you're a libtard. FUck off libtard.
>After becoming FEMA certified, I lost all faith in FEMA.
The stories I could tell about things I watched them do IRL. They are a ducking hazard, power hungry fucks.

>What is it about fudds that worries you user? Honestly curious.
The fact that they have firepower and aren't for sure on my side.

They are retarded for buying overpriced MREs.
However, my mother's experience in st croix tells something interesting. Water and power are always taken out for weeks due to hurricanes. Sometimes a month. If you're prepping for an actual disaster that is revoundable, 1-3 months of supplies is adequate. Any more is a stockpile.
>op thinks the stores are always stocked
You're also retarded. A prelude to a snow storm in Virginia will cause a store to run out of milk and bread faster than a deer ruins someone's car. Stores don't have endless stock and it takes time to supply them. Heck, even after one storm, it took us a couple weeks to get back to having surplus amounts of milk in wholesale. The recent hurricane in st croix alone caused massive demand for gas. To berate those who a month's supply of needs and ammo, is just fucking stupid.
THIS
H
I
S

>No natural disaster in the continental US would ever happen that couldnt be resolved in at max 2 weeks
katrina

I live on the west coast and not in AK

Yes, ass hole, and more than once

Fudds are the ones you can count on the most in times of great crisis bud.
Holy crap , read what you just posted. Preppers are retarded but having three months worth of things is a great idea for my family.

Will someone end this summer poster's misery; You have to seriously sick to bait about PPLs lives

Ya, I talked about how funny name calling is, you walking fag-bar. How dumb are you? My guess is a nogunz summer faggot.

Most of them are retarded but not for the reasons you think. Supply chains are thin and things can quickly fall apart, if just for a short time, and some level of self-sufficiency is desirable. However, the fucking assholes who hoard ten years of frozen food and random trash like wet wipes and graham crackers and take one fish antibiotic each day to "maintain their health" are fucking retarded inbreeding one toothed faggots.

>implying 3 months is what I said
It was a range. 1 month is just fine, 3 months is max, any more and I feel one should put the money elsewhere. If you don't have a month of supplies, what happens to you is on you. a months supply of money, food, water, toiletries, etc really is not hard to have and maintain.

They're retarded but I'll admit that I've got a few years worth of canned food

>Hurricane hits area
>Knocks out power, water, washes out roads and causes flooding
>Won't be back up for 3 weeks
>Every grocery store is emptied out
>Hurrrr I'll just bug out with my tactical plate carrier, assault pack, and AR
>Get stopped by police and at best arrested

>It was a range. 1 month is just fine, 3 months is max, any more and I feel one should put the money elsewhere
My bad user, missed that somehow.
We didn't end up with almost a years worth of different things because we are doomsday tier but because having close relationships with other preppers we get in on some really sweet prices in group bulk purchasing, Then we get involved in weekend canning parties which are a lot more fun than you would imagine, think a Jow Forums meet up but canning foods during the day then drinking and bullshitting at night. Then there is knowing people who have fuckhuge gardens and have more then they want. It all adds up and we have had a minuscule food bill compared to most people who shop as needed.
Same goes for all the toiletries and other incidentals, so you see it's not that it's insane just feels good to never worry about a lot of things

>stocks
>5x

OH I AM LAFFIN

Get into crypto grandpa

>a few years worth of canned food
Rotate those user, starts to taste really blah after a while though they remain edible almost forever. Also canned foods have the least nutritional value and nutrition is key

>Hurrrr I'll just bug out with my tactical plate carrier, assault pack, and AR
>Get stopped by police and at best arrested
Yet BOBs are so popular here. Just where the hell is everyone going to bug out to and is there any certainty that food and friendly shelter await?

not OP but crypto has been falling since december. I still mine, but if you are getting into the game now, it will take longer to make that investment back

# H O D L G A N G

Bob goes in the seat of your car as you leave the area, then your back if you have to ditch. You're not starting hoofing.

If you got in during December you are a retard but buying during a dip like this will let you make pretty good money later this year especially if there is a bullrun this fall.

I support everyone having a good BOB and even planning out and practicing the ways and means of running for your life but sheltering in place with supplies and friendly faces is always the best option.

Being prepared is not stupid. Every country besides America encourages its citizens to be prepared and often helps them in doing so.

People that are like Doomsday Preppers are fools.

I read a report a few years ago that if a solar flare overloaded the electical network and took out something like 25% of the transformers, we'd be 20+ years rebuilding the grid. There is no capacity to replace a large quantity of transformers

Myself and most of my neighbours have standby generators and 1-3 months of food. 4 or 5 times in my life the power has been off for a week. If the natural gas stays on I can run everything, otherwise I have a bbq and 2 woodstoves. Its not really prepping, its just nice to have power when everyone else is out

There was a switching failure in Buffalo iirc, and it knocked our power out in ontario for nearly a week about 10 years ago. It takes nothing for the grid to fail, we've been down for 2 days 3 times this year

>"sorry sir, the state has frozen your bank account and foreign money is now illegal"
What do?
>"While bank accounts where frozen, you could still use credit and debit cards. The problem was that many stores, especially smaller ones, didn’t accept them any more in Argentina. For some time it was only big chain store accepting them in the country. Still, if you were abroad, say in the United States, you could use your credit card without a problem. I know this well because we went Aspen, Colorado, for a week on January 2002, a couple months before I got married. My folks had invited us all and there was no point in canceling the holidays. The “corralito” was an attempt to stop the flight of capital from the banking system, money leaving banks and going either abroad or under people’s mattresses"
ferfal.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-really-happened-during-argentine.html?m=1
My family kept some Jewelry and rugs for value when Weimar Germany got hit by inflation. They somehow survived through both world wars and now I am here. Money isn't everything.

>Not living on an acreage
>not providing food for you and your family
You've already lost

If you mean doomsday preppers or people who openly brag about being a "prepper" then yeah most are. The smart ones are the ones who don't blow a whole years salary and take out a second mortgage to make a homemade bunker in their backyard. Like on the show half of them were pretty unfit, but had cools guns and gear and think that will save them. Instead people interested in emergency managemnt and prepardeness, train, they do have some food stores but rotate it out. They also are careful with their money and pay off their bills and use some of whats left towards prepping. They also learn skills and self sufficiency sort of like homesteading I guess. It's not really my thing though.

Attached: 78iwkOw.jpg (632x480, 47K)

>Airsoft "mk18"
Hahahahahahahahahaha
HOLY SHIT

>There’s no way to stay in one place long term in any situation requiring it.
I'd rather my entire survival plan not be "I wanna be a refugee when I grow up!" thanks.
>The only way you’re going to actually make it is to live off the land.
You and 10,000 dumb rednecks competing for the same 12 deer is going to turn out about like 10,000 vibrants after the last bag of cheetos at walmart. At least you won't have to worry about ammo, assuming you outmurder the competition. Maybe you can eat them instead.

>Like on the show
How do you not realize that entire show was propaganda to make the concept of prepping distasteful. FFS the producers set up two people for criminal charges before these prospective episodes even aired and then that Alpha Marauder idiot went away for three or four different parole violations. His entire "gang" were locals being paid exrtas wages and barely knew him if at all. That woman who was waiting to begin her air force enlistment had a thread on ARFcom talking about the bizarre shit they wanted her to do like kill and eat her pet cat I shit you not.
I also remember some youtube prepper couple talking about how they were approached to be on the show and the completely insane non disclosure agreement they had to sign, really crazy shit like agreeing to scripted stuff unseen and penalties like docked payment for failure to follow through.
This is what you form your opinion on preppers user?