9mm Bolt-action

Does anybody make 9mm bolt-actions?
How difficult would it be to build one?

Attached: 001.jpg (640x360, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammunitionstore.com/products/9x39-wolf-ammo-278gr-fmj-wolf-performance-20-round-box.html
specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=novem
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for what reason?

Fun

Not a good reason. Get a real gun and fuck off until you do.

>fun
>not a good reason to want a gun
fucking kill yourself, faggot.
Novem 9mm

Attached: P1380774-900x601[1].jpg (900x601, 239K)

why does no one make repro de lisle carbines?

Attached: X52r4IT.jpg (700x739, 320K)

they do I think

I'm looking at the novem conversions and they look interesting, why not go full hog and make it 9x39?

I bet you eat skim milk and plain bran cereal for breakfast faggot.

Not the 9mm you have in mind, but Ruger makes a Model 77 in .357 Magnum which would scratch a lot of the same itches while being powerful enough for hunting (or self defense if it's your only gun.)

This. Just saw one at a show today in .44 Mag.

Why not just go with an auto loader? They're basically all blow back so you dont need to worry about gas systems with silencers.

In the UK they make them because supressors aren't as regulated

Shouldn't be hard at all, really.
I don't think there's a lot of them on the market though, so you'd want to start with something as a base.

Find a good gunsmith and ask if he knows if there's any decent way to convert/rebuild an existing rifle like a Ruger or Savage for a 9mm Luger barrel and a pistol magazine.

This poster is a pedophile.

As said, people do from time to time, converting existing Enfield rifles. Silencers are allowed on regular licenses in the UK, and they're somewhat lenient on OAL, so every now and then some Bong gets one made.

With .38 Special, you would in a pretty comparable neighborhood.
The magazines on the 77/357 doesn't always quite like feeding .38's, IIRC

Blowback won't be quite as quiet as a manual action if you want to use a silencer.

You can get one of a few lever-actions that will feed both .38 Special and .357 Magnum. Not quite a bolt action, but the same ballpark.

Get a single shot 12ga and 9mm Gun Adapter. 5" barrel. Only $40 for the adapter, and the shotgun should cost no more than $200-300

Jesus look at this dude

Attached: 1519274441745.png (209x248, 56K)

You could make one, plenty of Mauser actions without barrels or furniture just waiting to be used.

Quite enough for a range toy and lets be honest, its just a range toy.

Attached: 9mm sbr.jpg (5184x3456, 2.98M)

why not just get a .22 bolt-action? much cheaper to shoot and far more options available on the market
I myself have an XT-22

Oi m8, did ye get ye loicense for activated almonds?

I have a 16" 9x19 AR barrel I'll sell you, it could make a good piece to build with if you end up making something custom.

Attached: 9x19barrel.jpg (4160x2340, 3.39M)

9mm largo, but still counts, right?

Attached: 1782.jpg (1270x364, 53K)

>When you're actually drinking skim milk and eating mini wheats while reading this thread

Maybe he wants more bang?

>eat skim milk

Attached: :thinking:.png (225x225, 4K)

There are kits to convert mauser action rifles to .45acp and take 1911 mags. My buddy got one and form 1'd a gigantic can. Super quiet and pretty accurate out to 100 yards with a scope.

Weird gun but lots of fun
>dont worry, he made it out of a shitty sporterized spanish mauser or someth ing

then he should go for a proper rifle caliber

Only a dirty poorfag would want a 9mm bolt-action

Yeah? Shooting .38 Special out of a rifle must feel like nothing.

Couldn't most? There's only a tiny difference in cartridge dimensions, it shouldn't make a difference.

Yeah. It's also subsonic, so if you had a threaded barrel and a proper caliber silencer, it'd be a pretty discreet little carbine.

But what if he just wants *some* bang? Not too little, not too much?
9mm ammo prices are also very low, so he could shoot that kind of gun a lot. Plus you could bring it to indoor ranges.

there's some dude who converts .22tcm bolt actions to 9mm.

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. Friend did, he was told there were only a couple guns left. Then the story changed to, "well I'm waiting on parts" "well I've been sick".

6 months in and not even a soft estimate for how long it would be.

Get a local gunsmith to give you an estimate and a timetable.

because 9x39 is unobtainium?

Ooh, that's a neat idea. Too bad the guy doing it is apparently shit.

ammunitionstore.com/products/9x39-wolf-ammo-278gr-fmj-wolf-performance-20-round-box.html

Copper washed Wolf for over a buck a round? No and thank you.

Attached: 1424311213376.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

well the downside to the method is that there's a pressure difference between the .22tcm and the 9mm+P

So I'd actually go and talk to a reputable local gunsmith. If you're going to get a custom gun, it ought to be exactly what you want. That's my take anyway.

Skim milk is best milk, fat is gross

The action of the 22tcm is rated for like 38k psi iirc, so it's fine for plain jane 9mm but not + or +P+
Supposedly all you'd need is a barrel, the rifle, and a smith to alter the bolt face and feed ramp. Boom, 9mm bolt action

The rifles are ridiculously hard to find though. Expect to pay a lot for one on gunjoker.

>fun is a buzzword XD XD
I hate summer

mini wheats are exempt since they have frosting on top
plain cheerios are blandest cereal

Do want

How do the Colt mags function in it? From what I keep reading it seems Glock mags feed more reliably but Colt mags are much more likely to work with lrbho

Not the other guy, but fresh creamy milk fresh from a cows teat is the healthiest option compared to skim, 2%, and whole milk

>what is shredded wheat

The one mag with the tape wont hold open. The rest do so its a mag problem, not a gun problem. Heres my reasoning on going colt. If you're going to SBR something, SBR something that can go from 22, to 223, to 9mm, to 6.5, to 50 and everything in between. Getting a proprietary lower just for glawks makes no sense when I can throw in a mag block instead and still have the option of switched out uppers to my hearts content. Just my 2 cents.

Easy. Find a 223 rifle, re-barrel, and modify the magazine

I'm gonna see if I can find brass and reload it

Wait I'm fucking retarded and so are you. Just fucking resize 7.62x39 brass you lazy cunt that's what the ruskies did too

If it's just for fun/plinking you could always get a 77/357 and run .38sp through it.

specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=novem

Check this out, OP.

Rhineland arms makes a Mauser .45acp or 9mm conversion kit
I wish just they’d make them for all the other surplus rifles out there.

Pic is .45 acp

Attached: 6A0E1227-41AF-43DC-BCFD-772069E4E164.jpg (1276x654, 51K)

Nice. I wonder if they would work in any commercial bolt actions?