Do officers who were prior enlisted make better officers?

Do officers who were prior enlisted make better officers?

Attached: IMG_0247.jpg (1584x1057, 869K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_L._Green
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wonder how many of these dipshits have been close enough to action to actually have shot at someone and come close to injuring them.

You know how kids that were molested have a higher chance of victimizing others? It's a bit like that.

lmao, the Marine there has literally never seen combat while the two from the Army have multiple times since 9/11

I met the guy on the far left. He was as cool as you can be to someone multitudes lower than you on the rank scale.

I know the SMA has.

Not necessarily. I’m one of those prior enlisted officers, and if anything it makes me more of a dick. I think people frequently think nicer equals better.

Not always. But in combat arms MOS', yes. Mustangs are almost always superior

i rather be o-1 than e-5+

No shit? As an O-1 your job is to have your hand held. As an E-5 you are expected to lead soldiers and do administrative tasks.

I bet he's deployed more times than your ass ever did. Sorry that some of us have to oversee the artillery or get birds in the air, so you can have more fun with Hadji.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_L._Green
t. Marine who was with him in HMLA-169. Even if he doesn't have that CAR, I can almost guarantee that he's a far better man and a better Marine than you could ever hope to be. I've been out for over a decade and I would STILL take a bullet for that man.

Oorwheeze, buddy sorry I insulted your POGfuck NCO, Army does it better again

O-1>lowly e-5

Remember your place sarn't

You've either never server or are a butter bar.

>he thinks making e-5 makes him hot shit

Hahah. Love dipshit NCOs like you

I'm sorry a salty SGT put you in your place and your chain of command backed him up. When you've been a few years soldiers might actually care what you think.

I bet all you faggots day dream about putting officers in their "place"

Never going to happen.

I can't help but chuckle whenever I see you fucks with your fatass wives.

An E-5 (team leader) wouldnn't normally be interacting with an O-1's chain of command.

>your job is to have your hand held
You get bullied though

At least until you reach O-3

No it's part of why cops have turned the war on drugs into a literal war

i've seen e-4s and e-3s shit on o-1s and o-2s

one time didn't end well

Jesus Christ, that cunt third from the left has to be at least 61.

Lower level I would say yes. They have more knowledge on what their soldiers are capable of doing.

In my experience, no.

A lot of E's to O's still try to lead like they are E's, its fucking annoying.

CGO's get shit on by NCO's all the time.

FGO's you might be talking about, but no one has an LT's back.

*stares in LT Fick and SGT Colbert*

>When a LT enters the SgtMaj's bloodrange during BN staff meeting

Glorious every time

Attached: 1526874502112.gif (200x200, 787K)

Lt Col BN CC has to sit back and watch his LT's get eaten alive by an E-9 because Lt Col knows if he fucks with SgtMaj he'll just go to regimental CC and tell him CO is being a fuckstick

Attached: 1523336001933.jpg (873x843, 76K)

No.

There's really no correlation. They're always going to have the fundamentals nailed down, but when it comes to actually doing the job of an officer it can go either way. They encompass the same range of ability as those who were never in the ranks.

Fucking a thousand times this. It's annoying as fuck.

The prior enlisted who make good officers were never meant to be enlisted in the first place.

Why does the Air Force one have so many ribbons? I can understand the Army guys.

>A lot of E's to O's still try to lead like they are E's
Never served here, what does that mean

They're mean basically

No. There is an inherent bias in the promotion system against most prior enlisteds. Also conside your time enlisted counts against your total time until retirement, so they see less they can potentially get out of you.

pt 2... the militart NEES enlisted. It needs competent, tough blue collar guys. They can make up for nonce officership to a degree. Just pick one path or the other, don't go all Thucydides.. just pick one path.

SMA Dailey has. Dude is cool as fuck irl

>spends the majority of his day saying yes sir to officers and civilians

Hahah. What a cuck.

the new sag maj for the Marines is a huge faggot who hates Vietnam era marines. In fact, a lot head quarters marine corps likes to ignore Vietnam history when talking about shit.

Do people who worked in a warehouse and understand how everything runs and functions for several years then become supervisors work better than hiring someone outside the company?

What actually happens when a O-1 actually tries to pull rank on a Sergeant Major?

He gets hazed to death

Yikes

Sergeant major realizes that, that o-1 is younger, has better job prospects outside the military and is more educated than him(SNCOs get their degrees in the most retarded bullshit like a BA in space warfare) This enrages him, so he snitches on the o-1 because he himself can't do shit.

imho, generally they do. They have a unique perspective of both worlds and are usually more grounded as a leader because of it.

I laughed irl.

It doesn't pan out well for the O1.

That kind of explains why they're creating doctrine around using modern BARs as machine guns.

I watched GK

How come Sarge Major Sixta didn't tell the Lt, Encino Man and Captain America to poleesh their moustache?

In fact I don't remember him interacting with any of them privately at all

So basically an E-9 is basically untouchable unless you're a Colonel or higher?

Ribbons don't just denote combat achievements. Chief Wright has deployed several times in both Desert Storm and OEF, has many overseas tours under his belt, and has climbed the ranks to become the highest ranking enlisted individual in the Air Force.

>hey lance, I need you to start actually trying on these moral reports for your guys.
>frick off butterbars lol
>Hey! This is fucking serious you realize how important this is? What if one of your men is potentially a sexual assaulter?
>butter, your confusing your obedience for faggotry with my ability to not give a fuck.

Butterbars goes on to lead a company of men...later sacrifices himself in an Abrams.

Attached: 3590D889-3ADA-4A86-89C8-0B4A3F1A1D53.png (500x352, 318K)

USAF gives out ribbons for the dumbest shit. Even PCSing can get you a ribbon.

It's legit an inferiority complex, I was an SF airman who deployed once for 6 months to Al Asad to twiddle my thumbs and had more ribbons than a couple 11Bs with multiple combat deployments under their belts.

Tk u 4 ur cervix

I'm glad my assignment won't give me any ribbons, I'll feel out of place in the USAF without a salad bowl on my chest

By SF he means security forces. NOT special forces btw.

Thank you for keeping the Subways and McDonalds at the bases secure.

>There is an inherent bias in the promotion system against most prior enlisted

Uhhhhhhh, when it comes to highest ranks its biased against everyone but the best. Pic related was prior enlisted, bruh. Stop making excuses or plan on being a perma O-3.

Attached: Secretary of Defense-James_Mattis_official_photo.jpg (800x1000, 138K)

He was never active duty enlisted, he went to boot camp and straight after went to ROTC and commissioned

No, because it shows they were too retarded to start off as comfy officers.

Would you cool it with them negative waves man?

I'm just happy Marines kept GPMGs in the platoon level.

This.

Depends. If the O-1 is in the right (rare, but it happens), then command does nothing and the O-1 earns the undying hatred of the local SNCO corps. They’ll bend over backwards to follow his orders precisely to the letter, no more, no less. This treatment normally gets a typical O-1 in trouble within a week. They’re predisposed toward sticking their dick in every fan they can find.

If the O-1 was in the wrong, word gets to his CO via SNCO osmosis magic, whereupon the O-1 gets his own asshole pulled slowly up over the top of his head. It’s a learning experience.

>How come Sarge Major Sixta didn't tell the Lt, Encino Man and Captain America to poleesh their moustache?

It’s not his job to enforce uniform regs on Os. He might drop a subtle hint if a violation is egregious, that’s about it.

Fuckin stolen valor everyone know its bk on base not mcdonalds. Get it right becky

Depends on the person. Plenty of people get mentally ruined by being enlisted. Post-commissioning they're trying to frat with the Es ("I was an E too once so it's not frat"), or they're trying to beat down the Es ("Finally I get to be in charge"), or they're dirtbags ("Everything I know about integrity, I learned while being enlisted"). The commissioning process isn't always smart enough to keep these people out.
There are also people that take what they learned while enlisted and use it to great effect as officers because they know what it's like to be on the other side.

Since there’s probably some enlisted and officers who actually saw combat and aren’t lying in this thread I want to ask this.

How common are war crimes in Afghanistan? Like blowing the brains out of a known bomb maker who ripped your buddy into pieces from an ied. If it does happen, is everyone in on it or is it kinda hushed up? Asking for a friend.

>inb4 faggot
I know, no bully pls:3

Attached: 304C614E-722C-47B2-B232-04F476FDBA6C.jpg (1080x970, 216K)

>If the O-1 is in the right (rare, but it happens)
Can you cite real world examples?

I don't get it the Lt guy died?

Not necessarily.

/thread

Attached: shut_the_fuck_up_bannon.jpg (500x313, 35K)

Usually, not always.

Why does the Army get two?

Naw. Mustangs are too fucking old to make good O-1 to O-3s. They are busted as hell and not truly accepted (although they are respected) by the other junior officers. That comradeship means a lot in the highest casualty billets (junior officers) in the entire Marine Corps. Mustangs will always be on the outside.

If the Colonel knew that he was a fuck up why didn't he strip him of command?

Why not promote the Lt MC on the spot?

He was pointing a rifle at us.

Fuck no don't you fucking remember world war one? An officer that have actually been in combat is much more effective than some noble fuck that just got easy ticket to officer rank because he has mommy and daddy that got losts of money and been in special class position.

Clever girl.

Attached: Genocide_is_always_an_option.jpg (466x300, 21K)

You sound salty. Care to share your experience with officer/?

We did it all the time in the Nuc Navy. Otherwise the USN safety record would look like the USSR's.
And I fucked an officer and wife at NNPS. Not yours, since your parents hadn't met yet, but your post is still a fart in the wind.

>some noble fuck that just got easy ticket to officer rank because he has mommy and daddy that got losts of money and been in special class position
Most of the officers these days are people who were smart enough to go to college but don't have rich parents to pay for it, thus ROTC scholarships. Unfortunate thing is a lot of the degrees they get are bullshit liberal arts things because anyone can get into college (they want the federal money for ROTC kids) so you're getting a lot of people with useless degrees leading now. I was holding back laughter during my tri-service commissioning when all the Army people were graduating with history and communications degrees while Air Force was almost all engineers.

engineerings hard thats why im get a lib arts degree

yes. Also, none of the men in your pic are officers.

Why are there two from the army?

no. nicer does not equal better. better equals better. get gud, faggot.

>>I’m one of those prior enlisted officers, and if anything it makes me more of a dick

No shit. Most of you shitheads went the "O" route when you figured that you weren't going beyond E6.

Huh?????
You are a dipshit

>Do officers who were prior enlisted make better officers?
They are, generally, better company grades ASSUMING that they aren't broken or carrying around a bunch of bullshit from their enlisted days (fat cheating wife, 3x cuckoo kids, massive debt, etc). That's a pretty big if.

They're usually below average when it comes to field grade, not that many of them make it that far because of the way career timelines are managed. No, dudes like Mattis who were "enlisted" for a few months while at OCS don't count.

>>A lot of E's to O's still try to lead like they are E's, its fucking annoying.

You never had the balls to tell then to get out of NCO business?

over 9000 times this.
>I saw a rifle too, sir. Too bad we had to move out because of possible IEDs.

In Afghanistan there was a local militia who committed all the war crimes for us. If you made the mistake of actually detaining someone you wanted dead/fucked up, you turned them over to the Afghan Ministry of the Interior.

Gonna add that I feel zero remorse about this. (((The International Community))) makes it basically impossible for the Afghan government's legal system to execute people for e.g. planning and committing acts of lethal terrorism even though it's fucking Afghanistan and executing people for committing serious crimes isn't exactly unpopular. For much the same reason, the prison system is a fucking joke. If they imprison someone important, the prisoner will bribe his way out; if it's just some nobody they'll get sprung in one of the sporadic prison attacks.

This is more due to the fact that the Air Force and Navy are much more stingy about ROTC scholarships than the Army and Marines. You basically have to study stem to get a full ride from the former, while the latter generally don't give a fuck.

If I wrote the policy I'd have every cadet/mid who wasn't going into a technical field study something easy but useful like accounting. That way they could have more options after their first tour if they don't want to stay in, while being able to have more balance in their life outside school, making them more well-adjusted individuals. Engineering grads who go officer tend to almost always be spergs unless they become pilots.

t. 0402 with an Econ degree. No tangible skills besides...Excel and SAP? Kinda?

Any officer that got the rank by going through college or whatever noble shit is nothing but a fucking punk bitch with a high rank. A real officer is someone that have actually been through combat and got the rank of officer through actual fucking work.

Branch and rank or just LARPING?

You do realize you have to go to college to become an officer, my retarded and/or underage friend?

1st Mobile Infantry Detachment, UCFS Rodger Young. Suck my dick.

Might be good to have degrees useful for outside of the military, so everyone has option to leave after their commitment and people who stay in genuinely want to be in the military and lead rather than all the smart people leaving and the people who have no chance at a similarly paying job outside of the military staying in (current state of the armed forces.) What we're left with now is every competent person is leaving as soon as they can (both officers and enlisted) while all the retards are staying in to take SNCO and senior officer ranks because they know they can't get a job in the real world. There's a few really good SNCOs and senior officers who stay in because they really love this country and want to serve for their lives (most are super religious as well) but those are few and far between.

Nothing like an E-2 droppin knowledge, yo! Hooah!

Funnily enough you're still the one with the stick up your ass about officers. "Noble birth" is a fucking meme bro, I just happened to like guns and do well in high school and now I gotta pick your drunk asses up from the local PD jail on a regular basis, cool your jets

Attached: laugh.jpg (317x267, 21K)