Springfield XD Appreciation Thread

Let's all take a minute to recognise the best handgun ever made.

Glocknade blast victims, CZ S O I bois, and SIGgers need not apply.

Attached: 20180522_174852.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HiO-kUwMSmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Terrible bait

Trash, stop offering me your garbage guns on every single armslist ad.

Nobody wants your gross XD.

Have fun with your niggergat buddy. I hear the G R I P Z O N E makes it a bit harder to get smoothly up your ass.

Buying an XD was the second biggest mistake I ever made in purchasing firearms.

Every XD owner I know personally is a fucking fudd. I think the marketing of the extra safeties like the grip safety appeals to people who don't really know much about handguns.

8yrs ago the xd line was note worthy. With the introduction of canics,vp series and other striker models they have become obsolete. The shit they pulled in the Illinois gun control laws did not help. To top it off the mod ,2 grip zone was the kick to the balls to send sales plummeting. Recently speaking to a sales rep she stated the company is coming out with a double stack hammer gun in 4 in to compete now that the Browning HP line has finished. Who knows ?

You will grow up eventually, hopefully...

Attached: 1487117958403.jpg (500x402, 24K)

>XD
get out newfag

G R I P
Z
O
N
E

XD/HS2000 is best pistol. Any dissenters are baby dick ladyboys. It's just a fact.

I have an original xd, not the gripzone edition, and I love it. Not one jam or malfunction in thousands and thousands of rounds

This is factual

youtu.be/HiO-kUwMSmE

Had an xds that grenaded in my hand, sent it to Springfield and they replaced the whole gun. Immediately sold it and bought a CZ Rami. Better in every way except a bit bigger. Doesn't jam every 50 rounds, more accurate and better sights.

I actually had the same problem except the CZ RAMI jammed every 50 rounds, was less accurate, and had worse sights.

I bought this XD to replace my RAMI as my everyday carry gun and was not disapointed. I feel much safer and much more confident carrying now.

No, it just taps into their nostalgia for the 1911. That and the all-american name is all it takes.

>MADE IN CROATIA
Good thing boomer fudds can't read.

Why do XDs sell so well?

Why would someone do this? Why would someone just come to the internet and tell lies?

Attached: fd91fa4.jpg (1253x1631, 236K)

Slide, barrel, fcg and guide rod/spring replaced by Springfield. I had a slam fire as a round was pushed into the chamber, it ignited out of battery. Slide blew off. I was surprised they didn't replace the frame but apparently it was ok. I shot it once after receiving it back from Springfield and sold it

Attached: IMG_20180528_110419.jpg (1500x2000, 1.31M)

So you had a sticky firing pin or the mechanism hold the firing pin was faulty?

I think it was a similar issue to the firing pin recall. IIRC it could float out and cause a light primer strike. I tested with some empty cases after I got it back, didn't seem to do it any more (I mean, sample size of one experience where you actually notice the issue before you start paying attention). I think in my case it did get "stuck" at max extension - that's the only way I could see it hitting the primer at a weird enough angle during feeding to cause it to fire out of battery. It wasn't stuck out after it grenaded though.

My other first gen XD guns haven't had any weird issues and I've put probably 2k through them both.

Never any problems with mine after a few thousand rounds.

I also like grip safeties.

You know XDs have that firing pin indicator on the back of the slide. If you combine that mechanism with the drop safety and you've got quite a few parts in a really small area that require precision machining. Also i have heard of the striker in XDS's rubbing against the drop safety. Seems like a combination of factors that can cause a stuck firing pin. Also when an XD is uncocked the striker free floats but the drop safety should stop the striker from coming out of the breachface. I have an XDm and an XD, both full size, I have had literally ZERO problems with them and I like the sights and ergos more than the glocks ive owned.

but dude grip safeties automatically make the gun shittier than a glock brand glock you're a retard why don't you listen to tommy lee jones?

I am eternally grateful I got my XDm before the

G
R
I
P
Z
O
N
E

Yep the almost imperceptible grip safety makes it total garbage. What if youre trying to shoot your pistol by pinching the sides only in an emergency situation? What if you get mud in the grip safety and cant push it in the 2mm it takes to activate it? Sounds shady to me dawg

For all the shit throwing Glawk fanboys make about the grip safety limp wristing causes similar issues when firing a Glawk. Tldr; don't limp wrist basedboy

"Glock leg" is pretty renowned. What you don't hear about is "grip safety casualties". I mean what's more likely? The glock trigger getting caught on a piece of battle rattle while youre holstering or unholstering it or the slight grip safety being made inoperable somehow?

Your legs have arteries, man. You can die from "glock leg" pretty quick. I'll take my chances with the grip safety.