/meg/ - military enlistment general

Explosion Edition!

Previous thread LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: megumin on winning.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

chillan on duty

On duty on Memorial Day?

SSgt is giving me special libo on the fourth of july cuz i took it

is that weird for the army?

What the culture of maintenance crews? need to know whether or not I can shoot the shit without hurting someone's fee-fee's

I know the rule for talking to a recruiter/MEPS is if they cant find it on a physical exam it never happened, but what if I lie about something and it comes up on the SF86?
Im trying to apply to Navy OCS and was on anti depressants for a month or two back in college. Should I bring it up when I go into the recruiter because its gonna be brought up during the security clearance? Or should I lie then come clean on SF86?

whats the problem that would want you to lie m8

It won’t come up on the SF-86. If you lie at MEPS then come clean they will just kick your ass out. Being truthful will DQ you.

>
I am 37F, but I didn't sign a 5 year, my term is 3 years 27 weeks. Good to know about selection rates though, I appreciate it. And I don't need to worry about a SO, I intentionally don't have one going in. I was hoping more for details on what the training will consist of, though, i.e. will I get pepper sprayed as part of MP shit?

I had a paranoid mother who sent me to psychiatrists whenever I wasn’t overachieving in school so I was diagnosed and prescribed with every fad condition and medication there was until I was 18
Is it really possible they just won’t look me up if always answer no? I feel like I’ve got too big of a file.

If it wasnt through military healthcare, it never existed.

curious about how the 75th works - is it possible to not see any combat depending on MOS while actively in the regiment?

not a question of how to avoid combat while just getting a scroll, just wondering if you can be a member of the 75th but not do any of the things rangers are known for doing

>just wondering if you can be a member of the 75th but not do any of the things rangers are known for doing

worth noting i do not consider that a positive thing

Yup google ranger regiment mos list and take a look at what jobs they have, and figure out with deductive reasoning which obvious mos will not be kicking doors.

Just a reminder that Navy life is where it's at and can lead to great job opportunities on the outside

From Shadowspear:
>Operational elements in Ranger Regiment are 11B, 11C, 13F, 25C, and 68W. These MOS's guarantee you to see some action and training. 11C, 13F, and 25C can easily transfer depending on the need over to an 11B spot for those that are tabbed within Regiment usually as some sort of re-enlistment deal.

currently looking at the MOS list,

I just wasn't sure if it would mean being a 37F Ranger (for comment's sake) means you won't see any of the action or training other rangers would; that's interesting.

How would a stint in the 75th like that differ?

>Shadowspear.com
reading that now

thtas interesting, i had been looking at 35F and applying for RASP, i guess i assumed incorrectly you would see some action no matter what your MOS was by virtue of being a Ranger

Well officers can go to either ranger or airborne school for a week or something and thus a lot of LT.'s have 82end pins without being part of the actual division.

Youre gonna train more and do more field TRAINING, but otherwise, non combat jobs are gonna be the same as normal army.

350F here, why would you think an intel analyst would be kicking doors?

82nd isnt a pin, airborne school gives you a jump wings pin. You only get the patch if you served with the unit for a certain amount of time, and can wear their patch as a deployment patch if you were with that unit deployed for something like over 6 months.

30 days.

i wasn't necessarily thinking that, i was wondering if they would be involved in those sorts of missions by virtue of being in the 75th

this question is more looking to clear up my understanding of what it means to be in 75th

>Youre gonna train more and do more field TRAINING

that makes sense

sounds right

but that doesnt mean LTs can wear it as a deployment patch

clearly I don't know much haha

Basically, being in regiment, means youre in a close knit unit, that has a different culture and different mission outlook than normal army. Youre gonna be trained better, and are required to be more capable than the average joe.

okay that does clear it up quite a bit, thanks!

NP, if you have any specific things you wanna know about anything in general, go ahead and ask.

not the other guy, but as officer through OCS hows it look getting into regiment -- I get that there's a difference between officers going and getting tab, and actually being in 75th

Hard as fuck. You can go to ranger school pretty much no prob, but being assigned to regiment, usually you have to be tabbed already, then you gotta get a slot for rasp and pass that. But IDK much more than that since all i know is for enlisted and warrant. Officer has a different set of rules that are fucky.

Holy shit I misread SF86, says nothing about depression in section 21.
I also heard that depression is only disqualifying if you took meds and stopped less than 36 months before applying (or something along those lines), since it'll be close to 4 years since I was taken off those meds would it even matter since it doesn't seem like its disqualifying any more?

You don't get sprayed and maced until you get to an MP unit

So I was an absolute total fucking pothead in high school(been 4 years since I've done anything) and I'm going to come clean about it with the Air Force. My recruiter said that I can still go for TS jobs(is putting me up for one) but has minimal details on OPM questioning. They're gonna rape me for dates, aren't they?

Literally, why?

Were you caught or something?

>I'm going to come clean about it with the Air Force
NOOOOOOOOOOO

How good is a 49 on the asvab?

The definition of below average.

sucks but get a combat job or 91f

That's what i was afraid of. Got a buddy who just got that and they told him he'll be Master Of Arms (Navy), but I have a feeling he just got conned and is going to wind up a cook.

No, don’t fucking disclose it ever. The highest level clearance you need for OCS is secret. That’s a criminal background check and credit check. If you’re ever up for TS you need to tell your contacts that know about the meds to forget it.

by contacts do you mean the people I list for the background check, or everyone ive ever known?

your references. OPM investigators can legally only contact the people you put down as references. Occasionally they try and fish for additional references from YOUR references, so just tell your guys to say no.

Maybe I just have the wrong impression or just a misplaced daydream, I’d like some “high speed” training/experiences but Not necessarily a combat specific MOS, is that feasible

Youre set on going ranger? Or is that just all you know about?

Check these MOS out:
35M, 13F, 12B if you want something support, but also goes out.

Where are all my vets and current serves going to get free food today?
Who has the good discounts

I picked up a donut from krispy kreme, and got me a steak from longhorn. Then went deep sea fishing for free, and just got back. All in all pretty good day.

>I'm gonna come clean about it to the Air Force

Absolutely not.

There is literally no reason to tell them.
As long as you don't smoke for a month or two you will pass any tests and they need never know that you used to blow down. Telling them would fuck you but good. So just don't. There is no reason to.

Speaking of the Air Force, however;

>what are the chances of getting into a PMC or Maritime Security company through serving in the SecFo?

I know they're looking for grunts and SOF, but I'm already about to enter the Air Force pretty soon here. I know they take in SWAT pretty readily, so what if I joined up with SRT (Air Force SWAT)? Or even tried out for the Phoenix Ravens. I think it would be chill to ride on Air Force One and do all the other shit they do.

So does that sound like a plan? Think it would be enough to get me through the door of a reputable PMC or Maritime group?

You’re better off reclassing to flight attendant if you want to get on AF1

Dude, you got hooked hard on security forces huh?

Lmao, good luck to you, and try not to off yourself for being retarded enough to sign up for it.

If there's no record, it never happened.

Retard alert

Stay far away from secfo if you know whats good for you. It's the pit they throw all the dummies into who wouldn't/couldn't cut it in any other useful job.

Not military but can't think of anywhere else to post. Any current or recent UK prison officers?
Got my RAD on Wednesday, any tips? Also are there any medical conditions you know of that rule candidates ineligible?

Attached: HMP-Birmingham-in-Winson-Green.jpg (615x409, 39K)

I’m really drawn to ranger, read a lot of books and followed a Ranger on tumblr(Lel) back in the day. I remember him saying he gets to be both a “hammer and a scalpel “ but I don’t recall his mos.

I really like the mos in the 35’s but i wonder if What I imagine is unrealistic

I also know 35M is not entry level, I think I’ve seen your other answers in other threads

Do 35M, if you wanna do support, and actually do shit in regiment. Problem with this, is youre gonna have to be dedicated. Being a pt stud and mentally tough to go through rasp is one thing, learning a language at DLI, is a whole other issue.

Im 35m is entry level.

It's not really even that I want to ride on AF1 or anything like that, I just like the line of work. I think I'm more into Security types than grunt work or SOF.

I also want to be SecFo because I hear that it's easy but boring, and since you're considered LEO you get to take advantage of LEOSA. I'm over 21 so that appeals to me as well.

I was mainly just curious about the PMC/Maritime thing. I think it would be neat if I could do something like that afterwards, provided I qualified.

Like another user said, it sounds good but I wanted to check in with some of you who might know more about it to see if my ideals were unrealistic.

Okay then I’m not sure what I was thinking of; and unfortunately the one subject I had trouble with in school was foreign language

35F seems most in my wheelhouse

You can definitely get 35M done without the language, problem is that once you hit regiment, they are gonna send your ass to language school eventually, may even go on a deployment and go to ranger school before that.

Who told you they take advantage of leosa?
Because even army MP, dont. And military are completely seperate from federal leo. So civilian laws do not apply to you. ZERO leo benefits.

If you wanna do pmc, the only way in without SF or swat exp is medic and having a paramedic or RN license.

You are literally going to be a security guard. The LEO aspect of it is going with the investigators who do the arrests and driving the prisoners to wherever.

I just dont want you to go in thinking its something that its totally not. Which is what it sounds like.

Is this true? I thought they were legally required to find more sources.

>may even go on a deployment and go to ranger school before that.

I’d actually like to go to ranger school, not to sound like a corner cutter but if I could do that without language school that’d be ideal

Nope. The only one outside of youre references they contact is your current neighbor. And anyone your references give them.

Im just saying, even if you go in on a 4 year cotract no language, once you get to regiment, assuming you do, they are gonna send your ass to get language qualified so you can go out with them and be a translator.

If all you care about is ranger school and being a tabbed ranger and not a real ranger, you dont even need to do rasp or anything, just make your way to E5, and beg your way into getting sent to ranger school.

FYI

Ranger school is different from rasp and regiment. They are essentially 2 seperate things.

You can have a ranger tab and not be a ranger. To be a real ranger, you have to go through rasp, get into regiment and earn the scroll. Eventually they send your ass to ranger school to get the tab though.

But ya, okay, go 35F, and when you get to AIT, apply for rasp. Make sure that before you even walk into the recruiters office you can do an 80 in each pt event. otherwise, good fucking lucking making it through rasp.

If you’re the 35F guybwho has been helping so many lately, it definitely sounds like 35F offers lots of very interesting options and avenues

I think you are the one who does not know what they are talking about, friend. LEOSA definitely applies to Military Police and their equivalents.

Don't listen to this guy.

As far as enlisting goes, I know I can enlist in the Air Force and become a Combat Controller. You face two years of training but that seems like that fastest way to become SOF in any branch. Are there any quicker ways?

Bro secfo is basically grunt work, you mindlessly check IDs for people coming on base. It’s trash, and you should aspire for something greater.

Alright, what about this then?

What do you dorks mean fastest? You mean quickest to the actual pipeline? Or quickest to finish the pipeline? Cause you realize every single SOF aside from raider has an initial entry contract.

Attached: 1527465599619.jpg (683x886, 77K)

IS MOS A SHIT MOS 94A land combat electronic missile system repairer

Why would you want to be SOF the fastest way possible? Do people literally want the title and nothing else? It’s childish

look into the other shit SecFo has like their DAGRE teams

Just the fasted way to actually become SOF. It's not just for the title, I want to skip all the mundane bullshit and jerking off that comes with being regular enlisted and get to the good part.

Maybe that sounds childish to you, but after hearing about how everyone who has ever served talk about how it's utterly boring and a pain in the ass, it only makes sense that I would want to fast track my service.

Because I want to serve, not sit with my thumb up my ass during peacetime.

Air combat controllers are POGs, only time they see action is when they outright disobey orders. no seriously, be a 13F if you REALLY want to do the job you think they do.

>Just the fasted way to actually become SOF
again you reatrd what do you mean? If you mean finishing a school then its ranger hands down. You go straight from osut to airborne to rasp.
>I want to skip all the mundane bullshit and jerking off that comes with being regular enlisted and get to the good part.
Retard none of the contracts have you do this you go straight to selection with them all.
Have you done zero research? Every SOF initial entry contract sends you straight there.

most CCT go on peace missions and peacekeeping operations like setting up airfileds and doing air traffic control in places that don't have the ability

you'll have a job when you leave

I have. From what I have seen, all of what the SecFo offers as "SOF" is very small in numbers.

Phoenix Ravens, DAGRE, SWAT, etc are pretty small groups and it can be difficult to get in.

I don't mind trying out more than once.

And I feel like we have gotten off track. All I initially asked and was curious about was if a PMC or Maritime group would see that I had Security training, firearms training, and SWAT training through DAGRE, PR, what have you, and consider that enough to get a job.

Didn't mean for it to turn into a shouting match about which branch/MOS is best for this kinda work.

He may be ignorant to some things but that doesn't mean you should illiterately call him names. He's trying. Just answer to the best of your ability. Which doesn't seem like much.

>PMC or Maritime group would see that I had Security training, firearms training, and SWAT training through DAGRE, PR, what have you, and consider that enough to get a job.
friend of mine joined a PMC after just being SecFo, he did deploy to afghanistan tho, but being any sort of SOF increases your chances

>Phoenix Ravens, DAGRE, SWAT
you can still attend training even if your not selected for their unit

did something happen on reddit to get all you people here or what

Attached: 1522353240022.jpg (400x375, 25K)

I seriously hope youre joking you redditor faggot. In case you arent we dont spoon feed people here.

>If you mean finishing a school then its ranger hands down.
I think green platoon goes by faster

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. I know that you can attend training even if you are not selected, but I wasn't sure that would be enough. I suppose it makes sense now that I think about it.

Sorry for being ignorant on the matter. I did preform research but I came here to affirm my thoughts and talk to people who knew already.

Too bad most of you are pricks. Fuck you guys.

>green platoon
i have no clue what this is but either way youre wrong.

Night Stalkers, 160th SOAR

How on earth would that be faster? You cant direct entry into that you fucking retard

Hahaha fuck this guy you're such a goon. I don't know if you're trolling or what but you spout more bullshit than a liberal

why are you guys so bitter and angry?

>Because I want to serve, not sit with my thumb up my ass during peacetime.
no one joins going "heh i want to sit around all day and not do my job". what do you think 'serving' entails, huh? You'll be doing a lot of training and a lot of training means a lot of sitting around until the real stuff happens which will also involve a lot of sitting around.

Sup guys I've got a 10th prestige 4.6 k/d on call of duty do you think there's a place for someone of my particular talents to get a contract with the Special Forces Navy Seals? I don't lift or run but I'd be very surgical in smiting the enemy. Definitely considering Air Force scarlet beret operators so that I can work at Area 51 but there's not enough info on YouTube

How am I wrong you moron?
cause these larping COD kids show up and start going off about
hurr durr how do i become Delta over night guys?!
Also no onese bitter im just making fun of morons on Jow Forums

Attached: 1527471947357.jpg (500x750, 45K)

sorry you need a 5 k/d kid heh nothin personal

Ok nice, is Fort Lee good for AIT?

most bases are shit in general, never get your hopes up

Ok, at least 23 weeks ain’t bad for AIT