Fuck polymer

Polymer is fucking dumb. Ive never heard any good reasoning as to why people want this utterly retarded shit. Buy a real gun like a man and not some airshit hybrid.

Common arguments include:

>Polymer is as good as, if not better than metal!
Lol fuck no. Plastic is brittle by nature, and it will degrade 6 times faster than metal will ever rust. Not to mention the countless people who have had fingers and shit blown off after beleiving this stupid crap.

>It was a shitty handload!
Maybe, but atleast if your gun was made of metal, you might still have all your fingers.

>metal guns explode too!
But not nearly as many, nor as violently.

>X person/people bought it, so it's the best!
People are still buying useless shit they see on tv infomercials on impulse, as well as sig compacts despite their growing reports of exploding.

>Its innovation!
Its meme tier shit that someone made just because they could, and it holds no real advantage above its metallic counterpart.

>its more lightweight!
If youre too much of a weak pussy to carry around a pistol, you shouldnt even own a gun.

>HUR HUR YUR A FUDD WHO CANT ACCEPT CHANGE
I Cant accept retarded logic soley based off of opinion and "muh space gun" brainlet argument.

I fuckin hate polymer, and the idiots who think its the best thing ever created.

Attached: 3C2B8F31-ED53-4115-970E-ABB87E13063B.jpg (564x564, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_r5UJrxcck
picluck.net/media/1062372225105013617_2032932057
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What model Glock was that which exploded? And why did it explode?

Nice blog

Attached: 10039.png (870x734, 928K)

You are really going to be pissed when they release the hard light frame guns.

If a handgun explodes it's not going to make a damn bit of difference if the frame is polymer or metal.

>t. fuddlet

one pic has nothing to do with the other.

I also hate polymer and don't own any of it myself but this really is just propaganda and you fell for it because you're a brainlet.

Whats that?

Why do you care what other people buy?

Theres countless other images out there of exploded polymer guns you faggot, pick your poison

Because im sick of people coming up to me in the shop going
>YOY SHOULD BUY A GLOCK BRO.
>ITS THE BEST THING EVER BRO
>bro. Bro. Look. Bro. Its a plastic gun.

Bro. Go fuck yourself with your gay little plastic gun, and your stupid opinion. Fuckoff

Attached: 924AA1BF-325E-436D-A763-724E629563AF.jpg (510x275, 34K)

(Not because of what other people buy, but what retards try to sell, or push on to me).

Did you ever consider that?

There's also countless photos of metal guns that have failed and exploded. It's not a phenomenon unique to glocks or even polymer framed handguns in general.

What would cause a Glock to explode like that? What model glocks are blowing up?

Doesn't change the fact a polymer frame kb does not cause those kinds of hand injuries, summer retard.

This whole thread is shit bait/fudd rage. Sage and don't respond, let it die.

>sick of people coming up to me in the shop
ohh you just caught the spectrum and resent interaction.
Glockfags are the chaddiest operators so they're doing to most to reach out, i get it, i get it

Essentially a solid hologram.

Prove it. Prove any of it

>hard light frame guns
English please. They fooled everyone by calling plastic a polymer like its some new space age material.

High pressure rounds in old gen .40S&W glocks with unsupported chambers caused some explosions, a problem which hasn't existed in basically over a decade. Truthfully any pistol can have this happen if there's a defect in the materials and the round is over pressured. Has absolutely nothing to do with the frame of the handgun being metal or polymer.

Didnyou even read my OP post? Of course you didnt, youre a fucking idiot with the attention span of a squirrel.
Go back up and read
>#3
>#4

No, theyre annoying fags that think their meme tier shit is cool.

I also hate hearing it from shop keeps too about their "keltec" shit.

>ps- youre not a chad, youre an idiot.

Who in the right mind would even buy a gun made from plastic parts?

I have no fucking idea. Its pretty stupid isnt it?

Good job on failing to understand the point.
Metal guns fail less.

>no sources
You have no points, you're either a retard fudd or a troll. The frame of the handgun has no bearing on its the pressure ratings of its chamber.

Lol assmad faggot detected.

>300 replies later

Then explain why people are blowing their fingers off, stupid fuck.

Youre obviously noguns because you dont have a clue.

How about YOU go and find some sources? Since im so wrong. Faggot

Because the parts that facilitate firing are all metal, the only "plastic" parts of the gun are the frame, which have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not your barrel goes kaboom.

You're making the claim, the burden of proof is on you. Your thread sucks and you're an imbecile.

They aren't though.

personally I just think 95% of polymer guns look fucking gay, like plastic airsoft guns. they just look like toys, they look cheap and mass produced, they all look the same. get yourself a good quality steel or alloy frame pistol with wood grips like a fucking man, instead of a plastic toy gun for children.

except glocks, I do like glocks because despite being plastic, they are very high quality, look great, and shoot well.

>barrel attaches to slide
>slide attaches to polymer lower
>barrel explodes, explosion travels down and through the weakest point of resistance
The weakest part. The fucking plastic you fucking idiot.

Which still happens in a metal frame gun my guy.

>he can't handle polymer-framed recoil
>calls them toys
>tells himself heavy, recoil-taming frames are manly
kek

I made the claims. Its your job to debunk them idiot. Thats how debate works.

>You dont HAVE any sources for your half of the argument because all of your dumb opinions and reasonings are wrong and have no evidence behind them.

IE there is no evidence proving polymer is better in any aspect, or safer.

Prove it.

Wheres the metal frame in OPs picture?
Thats right. There isnt one.

>Thinks his toy guns are manly while he looks like a little kid playing airsoft

Whatever you say loser lol

>I made the claims. Its your job to debunk them idiot. Thats how debate works.
Yeahh that's not how it works. Summer sure is warm this year.

You're a faggot.

Refute me.

See how that works? You have to provide evidence for your claims. You can't just pull shit out of your ass and have everyone think it's as good as gold. That's not how debate works.

>thinks shooting is a fashion show
lel

Your move, fuckstick.

Attached: 4.jpg (1158x651, 159K)

>I fuckin hate polymer, and the idiots who think its the best thing ever created.
I hate noguns and idiots like you who start these threads.

Attached: DSCF0326.jpg (1600x1200, 632K)

Metal frame guns will direct shrapnel down and out the magwell instead of into your hand

>tfw you like polymer guns and all metal guns
>tfw you want to be friends with everyone, but it's not meant to be

Attached: 1526155914353.gif (320x240, 1.51M)

The reason yall cant get any sources is because there arent any.

My source is OP picture. Its more evidence and source than either of you can come up with.

Ill be ignoring further screeching asking for sources till I see yours first.

Till then,
>metal is superior.

>USP
>Metal frame

See.

Congrats. Your gun detonated in your hand, and youre uninjured.

A metal one probably would have lasted a few ten thousand rounds longer.
>pass go, do NOT collect 200$.

OP's picture is unsourced. It just aligns with your preconceived notions, so you don't question its veracity.
>what is confirmation bias

Metal still would have lasted a few ten thousand rounds longer.

Are you implying that youre proud of a plastic gun breaking? Thats some pretty fuckin stupid logic. I like guns that last a very long time.

What's up Alex, go to bed bitch

I'm unsure what your issue is. I was asked to prove people weren't blowing their fingers off from polymer kabooms. I did.

>He thinks ammunition failure is singular to polymer guns.

Attached: standard.jpg (640x480, 63K)

Its polymer you blind cunt.

Yeah, fuck this shit, just because they give it a different name doesn't mean it's any better than good old Bakelite!
"Glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic polyamide Nylon 66 Zytel" my ass, ALL PLASTICS ARE JUST BRITTLE!

Mhm. Sure.

Attached: kaboom.jpg (640x480, 46K)

>danger is greater with plastic framed guns
>doesnt always mean that a kaboom means finger loss
>polymer will fail much easier and faster than metal

Ok but whats your point? Youre still down a gun. One that had a much lower lifespan and pressure tolerance.

This is not an advantage over metal guns in any way shape or form.

>didnt lose a finger
>hes still using wheelguns in 2018
>probably had a longer lifespan than polymer gun
>fails to READ THE FUCKING OP POST WHERE OP SAID METAL GUNS BLOW UP TOO.

You fucking idiot.

Stay assmad you rusty steelcuck. Tell me about having to coat my polymer frame or else it starts to rust.

t. Polymeranon

Attached: IMG_Dallas_20180525_032927_processed.jpg (1080x872, 246K)

Both guns have the same pressure tolerance. The frame doesn't contain the detonation of the cartridge. But you know that.

Attached: Screen-shot-2014-06-02-at-1.08.16-PM.png (675x529, 652K)

>Service people are autistic for hating Joe public

The problem with your opinion is that the average person is trash

Really? they seem to explode pretty violently, you cock gobbling mongoloid.

Attached: x5p383.jpg (600x338, 50K)

Trips of ultimate truth. OP BTFO.

Whadya expect from a gun that costs $75 to make?

Have fun larping with your airsoft, faggot.

Nope, but if something DOES explode, its going to take the path of least resitance.
>IE the plastic that your hand is wrapped around.

I dont like to gamble with important appendages.

demtrips

Attached: doggo.jpg (420x381, 44K)

10/10

I mean yea thats pretty violent, but AGAIN.

I would much rather the slide blow off, rather than the fucking hand grip exploding where my hand is.

Attached: B3DAF364-DAA2-46D9-A61E-7BFA20117072.jpg (500x375, 38K)

>Airsoft
You keep telling yourself that.

Attached: IMG_Curly_Hair_20180512_101817_processed.jpg (1080x810, 214K)

If your gun KBs, it doesn't fucking matter what material your frame is made of, it's out of action, because your barrel/chamber will be split and your slide cracked. Your frame isn't the pressure-holding vessel.

And polymer frames have much longer lifespans. They don't experience the material fatigue that steel and aluminum do.

Polymer has a stronger strength to weight ratio you idiots

>fagpul sticker

Youre not cool.

Youre fucking joking right.

A- its not the gun thats the issue. Its your hand wrapping around a piece of plastic. IE a material that is FAR WEAKER THAN METAL. The explosion has a much greater chance to explode out of the fucking hand grip, and blow things off.

B- polymer having a longer service life than solid steel or aluminum? Fuck no. Now youre just making things up.

>it weighs next to nothing, and it supports maybe twice its weight in pressure!

>ITS BETTER GUYS EVEN THOUGH STEEL CAN WITHSTAND 200x MORE FORCE, REALLY GUYS LISTEN TO ME IM SMART

This is the moment where I impart a bit of knowledge. Polymer guns have failure points engineered in them to protect the user in the event of a failure. Not unlike the crumple zones in a modern car.
>inb4 full of shit.
You'll note if you look up polymer guns kabooming the majority of their frames are all cracked in the same places, glocks tend to blow the side out at the pins, USP's will spilt the frame down the center vertically, separating the front from the rear. That's actually by design, not some freak coincidence. The frame itself is a sacrificial energy dump in which it bleeds all of the force off and away.
Every wear point on a polymer frame is replaceable with interchangeable steel parts. How many metal framed handguns do you know of that can exchange their rails out when worn?

Attached: 1523437092691.jpg (1200x900, 197K)

This fucking thread is hilarious.

All these polymer fags trying to justify plastic beats steel.

Its like trying to argue scissors beats rock. What a bunch of idiots.

>polymer guns have failure points built into them because manufacturers know that the frames are much more liable to fail catastrophically.

>steel guns dont need failure points because they are less likely to blow out where your hand is and seriously injure you.

Another reason to never but plastic.

Attached: D070725E-37B1-4EB9-B10A-F5A6AFAD8280.jpg (500x334, 76K)

Plastic doesn't rust though

Show me one sourced case of someone suffering permanent disfigurement/injury from a polymer frame KB. I've never seen one in 15 years. Most I've seen is bruises, scratches, and cuts. Polymer does good job of absorbing the energy without it turning into a bomb.

And, yes, they last much longer. Look into higher mileage shooting, and you'll find many more Glocks deep into 100k+ territory than 1911s, 226s, CZ-75s, etc. So much so that it's expected they will last that long, whereas it's amazing when a 1911 does it.

And metal doesnt violently explode and splinter into the users hand.

>what is proper maintance and oil

This argument is like saying 'modern cars have crumple zones because manufactures know that the light materials are much more likely to be destroyed in a collision.' No shit. You're making a trade of in tensile strength and weight, and ultimately cost. The upside of this trade off is that the material can literally be made into and have any kind of safety features you want. This is the way everything is going to be moving in the future, happy about it or not.

Attached: 1502028948312.jpg (370x327, 30K)

interesting post. engineering is cool shit.

if you're so scared of a gun exploding then just shoot airsoft

youtube.com/watch?v=C_r5UJrxcck

>big think.jpg
Fine you fuckin cotton straw nigger. +1 for you.

If you can find me hard statistics about that, I will drop alot of my hatred for polymer.

Im looking for documented disfigurement. Hold on.

Being this retarded and trusting polymer on a rifle.

Attached: image.jpg (660x495, 106K)

Aluminum/alloy frames exist retard. A gun doesn't need to be "heavy" to not be a toy, it just has to not be made of plastic. Like a toy. The recoil has nothing to do with it.

Polymer doesn't either. You've been given plenty of examples. Stop buying into memes like a retarded fudd and start learning shit about how guns work, and maybe people might respect your opinions a little more.

Furthermore, OP's post is from a Brazillian cop whom had an unnamed firearms failure. No mention of what kind of gun was ever mentioned in the original posting of his hand. People just started attaching images of glocks to it for shits and giggles. I can provide the original instagram post if asked.

Attached: uspblowup.jpg (453x216, 24K)

post guns

I would like to see instagrams.
People call it propaganda, but ive never seen the evidence to prove it.

I know how guns work. But now heres a question for you.
Whats going to be a stronger material in 60 years when youre dead and your guns have been passed down? The age old steel, or the slowly brittle becoming polymer?

Polymer by physics and nature becomes more stiff and brittle as time goes on

I don't care what about my gun is present in 60 years. I won't be alive to care, I also have steel framed guns that will exist for any of my children/grand children. It makes no difference to me as I don't 'invest' in firearms. I buy guns to shoot.

Here's the post.

picluck.net/media/1062372225105013617_2032932057

Where I was going with that is do you think the poly guns are going to explode in your grand childrens hands?

>OP doesn't own any guns
>yet everyone here is caught into his bait

If there ever becomes proof in the last years of my life that aging of polymer causes a dangerous gun then they won't get them. Simple as that, until that point though I have no reason to assume they would.

Attached: 1522983341809.jpg (448x342, 58K)

I will admit that I can't because it's not something rigorously tested, but anecdotal. The late ToddG's torture tests of various pistols, Ernest Langdon's high mileage PX4, mileage reports from competitive shooters, like on brianenos.com, versus sparser examples of the steel-framed variety. Of particular note in that regard, though, is Rob Donaldson's 128k+ Springfield Operator.

None of these exploded in a manner that would injure the users hand. Blast just got vented out the ejection port, or the slide blew upwards. Unlike the polyguns that split to peaces into your hand. OP injury pic is probably not firearm related and just used for the bantz as it seems too drastic, but i'd rather not suffer any injury what so ever. Polyguns may be better for a tiny carry gun, but they absolutely take away shooting and ownership pleasure if used as a full sized range/competition gun.

Attached: 1526418932935 - Copy.jpg (360x407, 77K)

>Believes 60 years is the lifespan of modern polymers

Attached: 1459353150428.jpg (907x718, 51K)

You're correct, in those examples the barrel was the weak point. But that doesn't imply that steel frames are immune to the splitting or cracking from stress either.

Refer to this post. This user is correct in that they're -meant- to do that. It does look grisly, but it's literally a byproduct of a safety feature.

This never happens. In fact there's more of you anti-polymer dipshits than there are even glock fan boys.
>people try and sell me things I don't like and "push" their opinions on me!!! REEEEEE!
Then ignore them and/or stop asking for peoples opinions. Form your own through experience and deal with the fact when something works, people will like it.
tl:dr: Grow a dick.

What if everyone works together to make carbon nanotube gun frames so that nobody can fucking complain anymore, nevermind that they would cost billions in development and millions to make one, it'll finally end the debate

Because it's not metal, user.