Summer's here, unpopular opinions thread?

Welp, summer posters are offiicially here and the newfags are aplenty. Maybe time for a few words that go against the usual shitposting grain?

>War, militaries, and weapons are inherently cool and amazingly interesting. However, despite its immense prevalance, war is rarely fought for good reason and despite the propaganda, no people deserves the death and destruction it brings. Intelligent or not, we are all conscious creatures living on the gods green earth
>The best gun is the gun that you shoot and train with regularly, keep cleaned and maintained, and like the best. We can argue small details all day long but the shittiest gun at the local pawn shop is better than the gucciest AR on earth if you actually use it
>The republican party does not support your rights and will just as happily take them as soon as someone pays them too, the same as the democrats. The American Government does not care about you nor your soveirgn rights
>There were no good guys in WW1 or WW2. Both were wars for conquest on all sides between completely evil states sending innocent men to die and destroy, with the victors writing a fable about being liberators
>Nuclear weapons have done no good for the world and never will. They are amazing feats of technology but nukes only create the need for more nukes.
>There is no need to hate. Defend yourself, defend what you love and those around you. But do not hate. Our lives are short and while it is paramount to protect, by violent force if neccesary, what you love, it is never neccesary to hate while you do so.

Attached: 7A8A2647-14E2-41BD-9DD1-C858D0774C25-2083-0000024773A81B75.jpg (1022x718, 196K)

>summer is here

You do realize 6th graders can log on after school any time of the year right? Of course not youre a fuckin idiot. Saged

>Jow Forums
>log on

user, i...

>we're losing the fight for our rights and will eventually have british tier laws on guns, knives and free speech
>none of the recent gun control laws passed in FL and VT will ever be challenged in a meaningful way, let alone reversed
>freedom as a concept is actually dying

Attached: 1551668_677586858987294_6864575073201046488_n.jpg (391x366, 21K)

>when the government comes knocking for our guns, 99% wont raise a finger in retaliation.

But that 1% will go out with a hell of a big bang. I know I will.

I think the Garrand is an needlessly expensive fudd gun that has a massive fanboy following. I get that it was great when it first came out 80 years ago. But, why are they so expensive when millions were produced?

You and I both mate.

>>Nuclear weapons have done no good for the world and never will. They are amazing feats of technology but nukes only create the need for more nukes.

Hopelessly retarded

Attached: 1519873814349.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

Hes right, you retarded fuck.

"Simple to use" is more important than "simply designed"
For example, in high stress-defense, glock > makarov, ar-15 > pump shotgun

Go to bed; Memorial Day weekend is over and you have school tomorrow.
Also sage isn't a downboat.

Attached: sure is summer....png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Yeah, because an invasion of mainland Japan would have turned out so much better, right? At least we wouldn't have had those scary nukes!

>he doesn't realize the body count was more conservative via nuke than it ever would've been via invasion
Of course the arms race is a problem, but the deterrent effect is invaluable -- it's a temporary solution and we're just living in the right moment in history to witness them

>Invasion of the home islands and inevitable Korea style division of Japan never happens
>War between USA/NATO and USSR/Warsaw Pact never happens
>War between major world powers hasn't happened in the past 75 years
>Wars in Europe haven't happened in the past 75 years

As scary as nukes are, they have done much more to prevent wars than anything else and are the single best deterrent to ever be invented

But I guess that doesn't matter because some Japs got ashed way back when

no gun needs to exist for cqb than a shotgun
all other weapons are pointless

>Ian is boring. He's not great. He's not awful. He's just boring. Both C&Rsenal and capandball do the same schtick way better.
>Nutnfancy is boring but at least he's genuinely informative and not a shill.
>I have no problem with basic background checks that weed out crooks and crazies from being able to legally purchase a firearm.
>People are too hard on the modern ATF. Yeah, they were pretty awful back in the 90s, but it's been a long time since then and they're much better now. They've made some good rulings on stuff like the Shockwave, "arm braces", and 80% lowers that have benefited us all. Also, they're a federal law enforcement agency - stop blaming them for your shit-tier state laws, which they didn't write and don't enforce.
>Any gun owner who doesn't support the NRA is a damn fool. Same with Trump. Perfect? No. People who make the perfect the enemy of the good are stupid.
>People who only shoot semiautomatic firearms are the gun equivalent of people who only drive automatic transmission cars.
>You almost certainly don't have either the natural ability or the practice time necessary to develop a skill level that would make equipment differences people argue about here relevant. I'm talking here about things like 6.5 Creedmoor vs. .308 or a $300 scope vs. a $1000 scope.
>Spend less money on guns and accessories; spend more money on practice ammo and range time.
>A Mini-14 in the right hands is every bit as capable a weapon as an AR.
>The Shockwave is a perfectly practical weapon if you put enough effort into learning how to shoot it.
>Learning how to successfully grow a garden will be every bit as important as weapons skills if S really does ever HTF. In fact, if you want to survive, you should be making plans to move to a 90% plus white small town in a red state.
>I'm happy the military is filling up with trannies. single moms, and incompetents. In all likelihood, the next enemy it will fight is us, so I want it to not be able to fight effectively.

>>I'm happy the military is filling up with trannies. single moms, and incompetents. In all likelihood, the next enemy it will fight is us, so I want it to not be able to fight effectively.
This is actually a big part of why I didn't re-enlist. I don't actually believe the majority of the U.S. military will side with a despotic fed, but the winds seem to be blowing that way and I just didn't want to have to make that choice to begin with.

Milsurp guns are for collectors; if you buy them to get a basic blaster you're a fool.

Milsurp clothing (and most, but not all, milsurp equipment) is for LARPers. Stop buying worn-out shit that was made by the lowest bidder for a government contract. Literally any sporting goods store will have better stuff that's more suited to surviving in your area. It likely won't be cheap, but so what?

>>gun control measures in FL

>raise age to buy rifles a whole 3 years
>bans meme stocks
>wait a whole three days to buy a gun
>take weapons from lunatics and obvious threats
>allows school staff to arm themselves, making schools less of sitting ducks

Which part of this is bad?

>implying war isn’t good for humanity
>since we’re talking about unpopular opinions...
Before the nuke, war was a generational reality. Without war what do we have? A generation of basedboys. Even the Chads of this generation are cowards. The suffering and death created by war is what creates real men who build civilization. Nowadays, we’re all distracted by petty shit that allows politicians to swipe up our rights right up from underneath us. Don’t believe me? Read Brave New World and see what happens when people stop fighting each other.

The part where a right delayed is a right denied.

This x100. Never understood why people want a rifle that’s been through shit (literally and figuratively) when they can get a reproduction that has all the issues fixed and is brand new

>basedboys
>phoneposting reeeee
***basedboys

Reddit bootlickers fuck off

What happened to this place

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Attached: crying wojak.jpg (700x700, 56K)

kek fag

>Ian is boring. He's not great. He's not awful.
My biggest grip is that for the money he's racking with patreon, his production values are unacceptably terrible, especially in regards to audio.

>Camouflage for regular infantry is ridiculous and we should either go back to bright colors or solid drab for uniforms.

Invasion of the mainland Japan would have been worth it. Just imagine a mission in Call of Duty World at War where you are assaulting Japanese positions with a T28 taking pot shots at their bunkers.

Log?

Attached: shit.jpg (600x646, 51K)