Marine field artillery

Any anons here former marines that were Field artillery? I recently enlisted and ship out in a couple of months, and am most likely going to be Field artillery, so does anyone have an advice, stories, on what it's like?

Attached: howitzer.jpg (504x360, 60K)

poeg

WHAT?! YOU SAID THE FIELDS ARE TILLY?

Grayons?

HE SAID HE SHITS OUT SHIELDS YOU SILLY!

Congrats on signing up to waste 4 years of your life. At least you get the GI Bill so you can do something with your life.

Attached: ce242ec445dc0622b04c7d7f1048100e.jpg (1440x960, 1.22M)

My threads never go anywhere.

Attached: sad pepe.jpg (640x423, 42K)

A opposed to wasting my life working a low paying job in the civilian world? At least i will learn some valuable skills.

You could learn a trade and actually learn something useful while making money

how is combat arms pogue?

Work with a guy who was field artillery.
>looks badass
>fuck around with cannons in shorts and shirt optional
>but no translatable skills outside

so what you're saying is, we need to find more reasons to use artillery

We could use it to deliver mail.

Attached: 5054F0BA-0BA7-492B-B0B3-53929A72DD02.jpg (400x777, 69K)

>At least i will learn some valuable skills.
>Field artillery
>Transferable skills

The only job you're getting with those qualifications are going to be from companies trying to max out their government !!!!VETERAN HIRE!!!! tax deductible pity points. Formulate a plan now for what you're going to do in 3 years and save + INVEST your fucking money or else you'll find yourself right back where you were in life when you stepped into that recruiting office for the first time.

>finally being able to make ad mailers a war crime

Stay the fuck away from 2/10. For that matter, avoid Camp Lejeune entirely.

Wear ear pro over your ear pro

I hate to be this way, but you should really try and transfer to something else if you're trying to learn usable job skills.

Mechanic work is what I'd suggest, if I were forced to join a service branch it'd be Army Corps of Engineers. They actually do things besides just loose their hearing.

former field artillery here.
did i learn a trade that directly transfers to a civilian job?...NO.
was it a waste of time? in my case absolutely not.
a wealth of life experiences was gleaned while serving.

Because you're not a grunt you fucking retard

>a wealth of life experiences

Which can be obtained in many other far more lucrative and worthwhile positions.

HUR DUR BECAUSE YOU SERVED YOU'RE A CHUMP

I imagine being an artillery man must feel weird. Like you're in the fight but completely removed from it. You are shooting and bombing the fuck out of an enemy you will never lay eyes on.

>you kill anyone while you're over there?
>dunno

Attached: 245234623452.jpg (1596x1582, 368K)

just bomb the shit outta people while singing Novak will return.

>you kill anyone while you're over there?
>dunno

Artillery was the leading cause of death in the American Civil War and both the World Wars (supplanted by CAS since Vietnam). If anything, you're more likely to have killed someone as an artilleryman than anyone else.

Attached: james longstreet confederate artillery antietam.jpg (1400x697, 227K)

*meant to say combat deaths

But muh N Street hooligans!

Continually emplacing (laying your gun, digging hasty fighting positions, doing perimeter guard), fire missions , being sent on patrols where you sometimes get a glimpse of your handywork, displacing to new locations where counterbattery fire, IED or direct enemy action is always a possibility...but still a pogue to monkeys.

>Usable job skills blah blah blah

Employers don’t give a fuck what you did. All the “transferable” jobs in the military are cheap knock offs of real jobs where you’re doing 10% related work at best. I’ve been in three different fields since getting out (all unrelated to my MOS) and it’s pathetic seeing guys get out coming into the shop/job site not knowing DICK about anything but having “x years experience” Marines are the fucking the worst because they subdivide their MOS into unbelievable fractions of a single job. The equivalent to calling yourself a mechanic but you only change windshield wipers.

PERSONNEL
OTHER THAN
GRUNT

You're a fucking poolee, you haven't even become a fucking POG yet. Get over it.

It's like he thinks he is people or something

Dont be an 0811, get a job in the FDC or whatever mos is the FO's lackey. You'll actually get to do cool shit instead of doing retarded shit on the gun line all day. Be nice to your arty mech.