Is the Ruger SR1911 in 9mm any good?

Is the Ruger SR1911 in 9mm any good?

Attached: E5501EDA-EFCF-4873-851F-E798EF935B98.jpg (443x332, 29K)

kys summerfag

Attached: 1513225112986.jpg (560x579, 112K)

I heard it was pretty solid, though I'd want to try it out first.

What am I missing here?

If you don’t buy a RIA/Norinco 1911 you’re a summerfag?

Attached: 1527546048408.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

9mm 1911 is cancer

Why not go up a millimeter?

SR1911 is good

Because I’m an Ausfag and you can only use .45 in very limited competitions.

TO 10mm YOU TURBO FUDD

Fuck never mind, I can only imagine how expensive 10mm is down there.

In Australia anything over .38 is highly restricted, and my club mainly uses 22lr, 9mm and .38 special.

>1911
>9mm
please kys nigger fag

No, it isn't.

>Fudds
>buying a 1911 in anything other than .45

Fuck off retard. Fudd has an actual meaning, and it isn't just anybody you don't like.

Yeah if you're an auscunt, and can't feasibly own something bigger than 9mm, I don't see why you'd bother getting a 1911. Hard pass. If you want aesthetic and "shootability", which is the only reason you should want a 1911, then just get a Browning Hi-Power or some wonder 9.

>get a Browning Hi-Power
Found the nogunz. What's next, are you going to recommend a Bren Ten if we're talking 10mm?

a fudd is someone who uses guns but doesn't actually know about guns
guy is such a fudd he doesnt know about 10mm
inb4>ur not using the northern interior Appalachian ginseng forum correctly

>a fudd is someone who uses guns but doesn't actually know about guns

It literally isn't. Lurk moar, faggot.

Browning Hi-Powers are nice. I used to have one. Unlike the Bren Ten they actually exist in number and aren't ridiculously hard to find, plus they're proven over years of duty. I have 15 firearms as of today. Go be a turd somewhere else.

Go for .38 Super instead for the retro-cool.

OP here, I’ll probably get an M&P 2.0 for now and look into a .45 1911 when I get the appropriate permit.

Their triggers are god-awful memery, not to mention they're out of production now. A better recommendation would be one of the clones, instead of blowing so much money on the inferior original.

Weird. I didn't know it had a bad trigger nor did I know there were clones. But even so, telling someone to get a 1911 wouldn't imply you're telling them to get a Colt 1911 from World War 1 or something. My point is, OP should just get one of those slim 9mm pistols. There are literally hundreds of choices there. I just don't see why anyone would want a full-size duty pistol in 9mm, even the Beretta 92FS seems really fucking big to me, and I have one.

OP here, we can only have full sized pistols. No compacts

>inferior original
Clones are slightly inferior
>I didn't know their triggers are bad
That's because they aren't, he's engaging in rampant memery. Plus you can remove the mag safety and boom, trigger becomes legitimately good.

>1911
no
ruger makes good guns
don't buy a gun that's a proven finicky PoS

>1911

>shit

Just found the buttmad europoor

a 1911 is fine if it's a military model
all civvie models have fucked tolerances so you have to bathe the fucker in oil every range day

i literally cant tell if this is bait or not
been here 5 years now

Attached: amigicalplace.jpg (2400x1600, 1.84M)

Attached: fudd.jpg (677x451, 54K)

>top definition
congrats ill still use fudd my way anyway

Government by false flag and feelings
BAKA

Removing the magazine disconnect significantly improves the trigger.

There's a place deep in me that shudders in revulsion whenever someone mentions a 1911 in anything below .40. But hey, if your government are being retarded as usual have at it. Ruger is generally a pretty safe bet, comes with a lot of bells and whistles too.

In Australia everything is heavily restricted, period. It's even illegal in practice for y'all to defend yourselves.

Pistol is fine. You fire many magazine of cartridge.

It’s not bait. You literally don’t know the definition of Fudd.

Not even actual CDP luddites are this cringey. Stop being a faggot.

I really don't get getting a 1911 in 9mm if you have a higher caliber choice. If you're going to be boring practical faggot why the fuck would you get a 1911 anyway?

Another common definition of Fudd is: a person who clings to outdated or erroneous beliefs regarding firearms; one who views firearms innovation with disdain and suspicion.

If you’re trolling as a Fudd, you’re doing an excellent job.

Because the trigger shaves a good second off my stage time.

Fair enough.

If you're a senile boomer faggot.

10mm Auto is a meme.

They're nice too, but there's nothing wrong with 9mm 1911s either. He can't have "high capacity" magazines in Australia.

Attached: Star Model B 9mm Luger.jpg (500x377, 79K)

>Dunning Kruger

5 years isn't anything at all on the internet.

A very fudd mindset.

>meme
you use that word, i don't think you know what it means.

>9mm
>1911

Attached: Help.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

He's going to be target shooting, he can't carry it, and if he was going to do home defense, he should get a rifle or shotgun.

10mm is a stupidly useless option for an average Australian.

Have a STI 1911 and a Sig 1911, both of which I have gone without oiling for 500rds or so to see what happened, not a problem from either. Deep cleaned both of them, all internals are fine.

Take your alzheimers medicine.

Oh, didn't realize you meant in the context of this thread. 10mm is fun as hell.

double stack 9mm gets a pass but half of what's so nice about the 1911 is how slim it is, so still hard pass.

lol
>thin
HOWBOWDIS

Attached: FATBOI.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Single-stack 9mm (or .40, if that tickles your fancy), 1911 pistols, still have the slim grips, but have very gentle recoil.

For fast shooting in competition, that might be beneficial.

Attached: Ruger SR1911 9mm Luger.jpg (1500x1068, 91K)

Nah it's for ladies.

but then how do you get the mag out?

Magazine disconnect =/= magazine release

Yeah and like a what? 8 or 9+1 cap? fuck that noise.

Wow you know nothing about guns.

Aussies can't really have much more.
Put on a +1 extension and you'd be at 10.

do you have a video on this? I have a hi-power and I didn't even know this was a thing.

Attached: dogface.png (480x357, 60K)

Yeah we are limited to 10 round mags for target shooting, also alot of ranges limit you to loading 5 at a time.

The Hi-Power has a 'safety' that prevents the trigger from being pulled when a magazine isn't inserted, so even if you have a round in the chamber, but no magazine inserted, you can't shoot.

Some would argue against them for tactical reasons, and maybe they're valid reasons, but personally, I think they're shit because they pretty much always affects the trigger negatively.
Most pistols with magazine disconnects will see some kind of improvement in how the trigger feels if you remove their magazine disconnect.

10+1.

I own a SR1911 and it is very good for the price. a 1911 for 9mm is very nice but I still prefer .45. You do what you have to though.

Cardboard doesn't care what you hit it with.