Sig p365

What’s Jow Forums‘s opinion of the p365?

Too many problems?

Will all new sigs made in june likely be reliable?

Attached: 496FA5C6-B856-46A4-A7D6-1A7452E3C204.jpg (750x386, 125K)

Is Mac breaking free of the conditioning?

Sig used to be king, expensive, but the most accurate and reliable handgun I've ever shot was my father's P229.

That being said, they have really eaten shit over the past few years, and are falling to S&W standards while still retaining a Sig price point. I wouldn't trust a P365, it's another budget sig. Their budget guns are absolute dogshit. Your best bet is a Glock, or if you can move away from striker fired pistols and want to retain the sig name, their P938 is one of the small carry guns you can own.

Sig is pricing their p365 pretty cheap its just hype holding it at $600ish, will likely be $500 soon enough, but maybe part of how they got the price point lower was by cutting QC?

Meh, sig was good but lost the way. CZ is still excellent but is getting pricey. Glock hasn't changed a bit for 30 years but that's not necessarily a good thing

>sig releases 365 to almost immediate praise
>quickly develops all kinds of problems from potmetal parts
>sig pulls them from the market, releases gen2
>potmetal replaced but now the triggers are made from wet newspaper and toothpicks
after this and the p320 before it there is no reason to buy new sig unless you're a diehard sig fanboy, even then there is no reason to trust them for duty/carry. Stick with German sig or spend your money on something that actually works. In the case of the p365 just get a glock 43 or shield

Attached: 1495774190232.jpg (500x555, 28K)

If the p365 didnt hold 10 rounds I wouldnt even be thinking a split second about it anymore.

Before I heard about it I was considering an LCR figuring “well most subcompacts have revolver tier capacity anyways”.

Now idk...

Also the LCR has a pretty big stock grip to the point of having more size than a semi-auto... but I hear there are many options for a smaller grip.

if by "past few years" you mean "the last decade"

glock 43 with extended baseplates comes close. wont be quite as small as the 365 but its small enough for just about anyone. same with the shield. both have great track records

>but that's not necessarily a good thing
Given the trend of these once legendary manufacturers shitting the bed I'll take same old same old as a blessing.

Is Sig going to be the new Colt, or even worse, Remington?

>yfw colt has higher quality standards than sig in 2018

Attached: 1490652901257.jpg (358x358, 14K)

My other consideration is a ppsm2

No because Remington still makes passable ammo. There literally isn't a single modern Sig product in the US I'm interested in.

And sadly, even if they did make a new 540 or real 550 here in the states, I'm not sure I'd trust it.

P365 is shorter in length than pps or 43 which is nice for pocket carry.

Also it has a great trigger.

Really im probably getting a 365 its just a matter of how long should I wait until the teething issues are dealth with?

I think the striker issues are fixed now. Its just the trigger bar spring issue mac discovered now.

those are nice too, trigger is very crisp for a subcompact plastic gun

>long should I wait until the teething issues are dealth with?
no less than 12 months. The gun came out 6 months ago and they're still having issues

This is correct and it breaks my heart to admit it

Attached: IMG_5720.jpg (913x1024, 73K)

>Sig used to be and still is the most expensive of all the average handguns
Ftfy
Their P226 was overhyped since forever.

Nah mate

Between their thunderbolt .22lr that won't cycle in anything I've ever had aside from a Henry, the golden bullet .22s that won't group for shit in anything but my 514 and having not one, but two squibs in their UMC 220 grain 300 BLK. Subsonics in the same box, not to mention countless dud 12 gauge target loads...

Either my luck doesn't extend to ammo or Remington ammo is going to horseshit like everything else they make

Fuck Remington. Trying to pipe-bomb MY AR. Faggots.

I dont even think it has to do with where its made, its just that usually when gun company’s move to the US from overseas, its to save $ on regulations/shipping, so, its a sign that said company is trying to really cut costs, and that means they make other design/manufacturing decisions that result in poor quality.

Its like a girl getting a tattoo, its a sign she’s a slut but the tattoo doesnt make her a slut, just like a gun company moving production to the US is a sign its becoming a cost cutting slut.

At least this time though sig lowered the cost to the consumer also - they easily could have asked for $800 for a gun that comes with tritium out of the box and riding on the Sig name.

The PPQ is so damn nice that I just dont want anything else as a full size gun. The ppq 45 trigger is fucking 4 pounds out of the box. Fucking perfect.

Their Core-lokt 30-30 has never done me wrong. I'll admit I don't buy a lot of their stuff outside the Fuddy calibers.

FN and Glock both moved manufacturing to and make great shit in the states.

It's going to take them so long to get the 365 unfucked that Ruger will probably have a better version on the market for 399 by the time they get their reputation back.

PPQ is Walther though? Also got to finger fuck and shoot 100 rounds with the Q5. I don't get the hype with the ppq series.

(((Cohen))) is solely focused on profits? Who woulda thunk it?

The P365 is a magazine, not a gun. Nobody cares about the shitty firearm itself. How long do you give it before we see a third party manufacturer make a gun to fit that mag?

Thats my point, its very easy to make great guns in the US. Just sometimes when companies move to the US its with a goal of going cheapo and qc gets fucked. Not a fault of the location but of the mindset some companies have when they make moves.

What I like about the PPQ is the trigger and grip. Both to me are so good that I dont have to fuck with aftermarket anything. Really all there is to do is changing sights to taste.

They could, sig has a patent on the mag but nothing stops a company from magine a gun that uses sig’s mags.

I wouldnt bet on a hypothetical gun like that coming out for at least another 3 years though.

PPQ is Walther. I had a PPS awhile ago, damn fine gun.

They haven't fallen to a S&W standard. S&W makes overpriced sub-Ruger revolvers and good budget guns, Sig is literally Taurus tier or worse, but at premium prices and recently with a much worse track record for guns that fail catastrophically. You'd have to be insane or very ill informed to buy a nuSig.
This
Sig doesn't even do teething issues the way a normal gun company does. They hide issues deliberately, like the 320 drop fire. You can wait as long as you want, nothing they make will ever be 100% trustworthy.

Attached: 1527173481859.jpg (540x756, 64K)

Yeah I do remember that drop issue shit.

Fuck me maybe I’ll just get an lcr since also as a revolver means even easier reloading (no ejecting). And its also lighter for pocket/appendix