Can someone please explain the differences between RPG-7 warheads?

Can someone please explain the differences between RPG-7 warheads?

I've been missing that in Ian's rpg vid and i never really understood it, i only know there's "anti personel" heads, "anti vehicle", "anti bunker", etc.

What are the exact types and their differences?

Attached: Classroom_Recognition_Kit_b.jpg (600x518, 176K)

also, how does the improvised primer safety work? I've seen this in several vids from Syria/Lybia, it's a small piece of white cloth. Do they just put it under the shipping cap or what? Is it safety at all? Do they just pull it out before firing?

Attached: rpg1.jpg (650x362, 44K)

The anti-armor ones have HEAT warheads. Different diameters and standoffs, etc. Some of the more modern ones have two HEAT warheads, a little one in front and then the main one; this is to defeat reactive armor.

Anti-personnel OG warheads are just straight high explosives.

This accounts for the vast majority of rounds. Then you’ve got more exotic warheads like thermobaric for shooting into confined spaces to murder people with nasty blast waves.

Not improvised. That’s how they come out of the box. You pull the safety cap attached to it off before firing.

PG-7s are a series of single HEAT warheads, later ones usually being improved in some way, thermobarics and HE-FRAG are kinda self explanatory and then there's tandem HEAT for technically punching a hole in an MBT covered in ERA. The white cloth is just a safety indicator, once the cap safety is gone the warhead will detonate with enough force to the front.

thank you. is there a chance you (or someone else) could name the purposes of the warheads in the OP from left to right?

How much force is needed to detonate an armed warhead? You hear stories or ANG or other rags keeping them armed and tripped and them detonating which seems absurd that they are so touchy. It could be older and unstable munitions I suppose.
Could you throw an armed one and have it detonate?

From left to right:

* NOT A WARHEAD
* NOT A WARHEAD
* NOT A WARHEAD
* APERS fragmentation grenade
* Discarding-sabot submunition launcher
* Same as above, older version
* longer version of the 7LDMA permits animations
* the ofug-7 has a sperdo-seeking warhead and threst vucturing
* Russia just poured gun powder into old beer cans and painted them green, here, I'm not gonna lie
* Same
* Regular HEAT warhead
* This is not a rocket part at all, it's a gynecological device

Nothing to do with age affecting them. There are various fuse types on the different models, some safer than others. At the simplest end of the spectrum you have impact initiated fuses that are punching into a primer to start off a near instant spitback of flame to the initiator in the rear. The simplest fuses don’t have any safety aside from the protective caps. They would need to hit quite hard and perfectly on the nose to go off. It is highly unlikely you could set one off by throwing, however not impossible. People falling over and setting off their own warhead is something of a fringe occurance, it is just so well known because RPGs are so widely used.

The Soviet approach to munitions tended towards ensuring it would go off when you fired it, safety be damned. The American munition approach is multiple safeties resulting in more duds but a better safety record.

I've seen an Iraqi soldier lazily walking with his shouldered RPG once, suddenly lowering it for reasons of laziness. The rocket fell out, with the tip hitting the concrete, no cap. Nothing happened and he didn't seem seriously concerned, just embarrassed in front of us. I've been surprised myself, but obviously that's not enough to make it go off.

The warhead has an arming distance just for that exact reason.

Specs for fuzes I've seen have never mentioned arming distances but are claimed to be drop safe to 20ft or so

Again, depends on the fuse. Ones with the integrated PE fuses take a bit more to go off. The fuses with the spitback and primer, well buyer beware.

And don’t take notice of what an Iraqi thinks is safe or not. Most of them are literally retarded.

No safe/arm distance on a lot of RPG-7 warheads. Literally just nose crush/base initiate in the simpliest setup.

The only legal ammo for RPG-7 is russian one,

Attached: pg-7v-02.jpg (600x531, 35K)

>legal

can you translate that pls?

probably meant legit

PG-7VM HEAT
PG-7VL HEAT
PG-7VR tandem HEAT
TBG-7V thermobaric
OG-7B HE-FRAG

>no dragon dildo warhead for rpg-7
It's like they don't even know how to win hearts & minds.

good opportunity to ask a trivial question.

i've seen people shooting the rpg with their left hand on the trigger and the right one on the vertical grip, but also the other way around. does it depend on being left or right handed or what?

Is there a reason why the PG7V is the warhead variant you see in use 95% of the time an RPG7 is photographed or in the news?

because it's by far the most available and practical for most purposses

The official Soviet manual of arms is that the right hand is the trigger hand. In practice I don’t think it matters and people just kind of do whatever. Most everybody using RPG-7s is either untrained or poorly trained.

Attached: 73805B5E-03FB-47C5-B9E5-81B887D6419C.jpg (1125x1287, 389K)

Main ones- PG-7 series are the shaped charge ones that is supposed to blow nice holes in armor. Doesn't always work out that well because armor always improves and getting close enough to fuck up somebody's ride is a lot harder than one might think.

The OG and OFG are standard HE which or may not include a prefrag liner. TBO-7s are thermobaric so you get that earth shattering kaboom along w/ some pretty impressive Hollywood like fireballs depending on the situation. The GSh-7 is the bunker buster so if a fucker is behind rebar and concrete it should blast hole and then spray hot steel inside; the more exotic the round is the chances are only the Russians have it and not the dirkas.

All in all it's cheap although a lot heavier than it looks and a lot more awkward to use since it's heavier and the tube wants to slide back and forth over your shoulder and you're shooting the fucker generally with your left and your right is using the supporting grip so it feels fucking weird.

Go do your own homework kid

why? there's plenty of weaponry experts around who like to share their knowledge